Membee Reviews

Membee

Web-based, automation-focused membership management software

4.2/5 (12 reviews)
Janice B.

Excellent software - best ever customer service and tech support!

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Annual invoicing, done automatically by Membee (via email or letter mail) has increased membership retention by over 50%, allowing our organization to double its membership in two years.

Automation of previously manual processes (reporting, invoicing, etc.) has allowed our organization to grow substantially without needing additional staff.

Pros

Membee allows us to manage our membership simply, from sign-up to annual invoicing, with a full range of member options and reporting. Our membership has doubled and we are managing the increase without additional staff - Membee saves us that much time!

What really makes Membee work is the customer support! The software features options to fit the requirements of different types of organizations - rather than having the organization fit the software.

Staff know the product well, are quick in understanding what customers need and answer questions daily in clear, easy to understand and follow language.

A wide range of well-written tutorials are also available.

As a provincial non-profit, Membee is affordable.

Cons

Switching between keyboard and mouse slows down data entry - keyboard only options would be fantastic.

Response from Membee

Hi Janice! First of all, thank you for taking the time to write such a positive feedback about Membee, reviews like this make us love what we do even more. We love to help our users and we're always happy to go above and beyond. We're also ecstatic to hear that Membee has helped to grow your membership and increase your membership retention rate - by 50%, amazing! To thank you, we're providing a complimentary month to your subscription, we hope you enjoy Membee more and more, Janice!

Nicole G.

Membee has been instrumental in bringing our organization up-to-date with our current processes.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Organized database of member information, current and up-to-date processes that alleviate staff time, easy use for our members to update and maintain their own information.

Pros

As a daily user, my favourite aspect of Membee is the technical support. The Membee team is always available to help me solve any problems or difficulties I may be experiencing - they are EXTREMELY knowledgeable about their product and have been able to help with any questions I have. They take all user suggestions into consideration and often release updates that contain user ideas for easier operation. Membee was actively involved with our website/widget setup, so we now have easier and automatic processes that alleviate staff time (e-billing, online event registration, membership dues renewal and our monthly payment option).

Cons

The team is VERY helpful, but the actual help section is hard to navigate through - I have seen improvement with the addition of more video tutorials, but I still find it hard to locate specific, step-by-step instruction articles (hence why I use the fantastic Chat option!).

Anna M.

Excellent Product to Streamline and Automate our Processes

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

We're a smaller organization that has limited resources, both in terms of manpower and finances. Implementing Membee has allowed us to free up more time to spend on the tasks that bring value to our members, as well as improving our receivables and collections dramatically. Rather than spending time chasing overdue payments, we find that the majority of our members are now paying on average 30 days sooner than they were before we automated our invoicing process. Integration with WordPress and Constant Contact means that we only need to manage 1 database, and our online directory and mailing lists are always up to date.

Pros

The ability to automate a wide variety of admin processes including invoicing, payments, and event invitations

Cons

Although Membee has strong reporting features, determining which report and which filters to use for any given scenario can initially be daunting

Response from Membee

Hello Anna! Thank you for taking the time to review Membee, we highly appreciate your feedback! We're happy to hear that Membee has helped increased the return rate of your receivables and has helped free up your administrative time. I've made a note of your feedback about our reporting system to address in the future, we're grateful to hear about your experience. Thank you for your service, Anna. We hope you continue to enjoy using Membee as you continue to grow!

Jodie W.

Membee has made my work life so much simplier!

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Membee has made it so much easier to manage our members information. New memberships and renewals are much more efficient and collecting dues is a lot easier thanks to Membee.

Pros

Membee works seamlessly with our website making it easy for our members to manage their own memberships.
Automation saves so much time and frustration and makes collecting membership fees a lot easier.

Cons

It can sometimes be tricky finding something that you are looking for (and don't use often) however, the customer support is great so this is not really an issue.

Response from Membee

Hi Jodie, thank you for taking the time to review Membee. We're grateful for your feedback and your kind words are like fuel for our team! It's a pleasure to know that Membee has helped you save your time by streamlining your processes. Our support team is happy to hear that they're able to guide you through the tricky roads. Thank you for your amazing service with Membee - we hope you enjoy every moment with us as we definitely enjoy it with you!

Judy G.

Quick and Easy to learn. Support great!

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

As a new organization we could quickly get up and running with accuracy. Also, with our skinny budget, it was very helpful.

Pros

Cost effective software. As a new organization we don't have the budget to pay for a membership program outright. With a per user fee, it is very budget friendly.

Cons

Events can be a little challenging but I hear some great things are coming! The reports are quite comprehensive but I find that as a small organization I don't have the time to explore. I am sure if I did, I would find that quite good.

Meina L.

Membee Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Pros

I like to automatons and the different reports I can run. also to ability to run more than one report at a time.

Cons

the time it takes to run a report and that i have to constantly press search to speed the run time.

Response from Membee

Hi Meina! Thank you for reviewing Membee and providing your positive feedback. We're glad you benefit from Membee's automations and the reporting system! We appreciate the feedback you provided about the report's run time, we'll be reaching out shortly to ensure that you're able to run the reports optimally! Thank you so much for the review, we hope you continue to enjoy Membee!

Andrea H.

Membee review

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Overall my experience was great. The program got the job done and kept all the contacts in their respected places.

Pros

It wasn't difficult to learn how to find members or add them in.

Cons

However, the program itself could use an update. The program looked as if it was from the 90s. Very basic commands

7.0/10
Ashley M.

Membee review as a new user

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

I have been using Membee since I started at my Chamber 8 months ago. I use it every day for tasks, events and to run financial reports. Having no prior knowledge of this system and no training of it when I started this job, I was able to log in and use the tutorials right away. I felt confident using the system after watching each tutorial just one time.

Pros

Ease of use. VERY intuitive. Quick to learn, and use in every day tasks

Cons

Having to press run multiple times for reporting

Response from Membee

Hello Ashley! Thank you for the amazing feedback - it's music to our ears to hear that Membee is quick to learn and our help tutorials give you the confidence you need as a new user of Membee. We'll be reaching out to address needing to press 'run' multiple times to improve your experience. We hope you continue to enjoy Membee on the daily!

Gene C.

Administrator - League od Maryland Horseman

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Pros

A lot of functionality.

Still too early to give a real meaningful review.

Cons

In some places not intuitive.

Still too early to give a real meaningful review.

Jonathan L.

Expensive but effective

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017/12/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Beautiful interface and many integration options. Very effective for managing subscriptions and great for marketing purposes.

Cons

Pricing is a bit high and a little confusing initially. There’s a learning curve to how everything integrates and setting up a good process.

6.0/10
Jonathan R.

Rating only

Reviewed on 2019/02/28
Review Source
Renee H.

Very new to Membee still evaluating

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Can sign up for membership right on the site

Pros

Great features and reasonably priced. We love that our clients can sign up right from our website and that their is a single sign on feature.

Cons

Little to no integrations. We are trying to create a workflow and the lack of integrations from Membee creates some roadbloacks.