WhenToWork

Online employee scheduling with native mobile apps

• Industry: Higher Education

WhenToWork Scheduling Software

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Overall I am happy with W2W. I would recommend to others because it is so easy to use.

Pros

All of our student staff (approx. 120) use WhenToWork to schedule, set preferences, trade shifts, and request time off. What I like most is the ease of use. Our staff are quick to pick up how it works. The preferences portion of W2W is most important to our operation. The students will simply block areas they are unable to work and show areas in green that they are unable to work. This helps the pro staff avoid scheduling conflicts.

Cons

WhenToWork has not changed much over the past few years, although it may not have to. What I like least about the software is that it does not have a timeclock function. A simple clock in/out function would help the pro staff compare when the staff were scheduled to work and when they actually worked.

Robby E.
  • Industry: Entertainment

When To Work is the best scheduling program for the money

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

This program makes schedule departments easy. I can easily assign employees based on position, location (Categories), seniority, or other factors. It has changed the way we do scheduling.

Cons

It would be nice if you could incorporate the messaging aspect of the program into Slack or even emails for outlook.

Malecia B.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Working Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

For as long as I've been working I've enjoyed this scheduling software the best and that says a lot because I've come across a lot.

Pros

It is so easy to use and very effective. I love the fact that if a shift needs to be dropped everyone (if opted in) can see that a shift has been offered up and whomever can take it. It's like a working mass text platform.

Cons

I actually have no bad things to say about this software and feel as though every company should use it or at least test it out for effectiveness in their scheduling methods.

Jairo M.

EASY!!! AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Organization and Pace of mind

Pros

very esay to use, very easy to set up and group users into categories or zones, very Mobile friendly

Cons

the mobile side of it could be more accessible to see all staff schedules at once without jumping to a full version

• Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Easy to set up and get going quickly, excellent customer support

Reviewed on 2018/12/02

Pros

Ease of setup. It was easy to quickly get the employee list in, create positions, and start populating a schedule with the click of a button.

Cons

It does not include a timekeeping function. That's not what it's made for, so as a scheduling system I think it is great, but I wish that it either had a timekeeping function or directly interfaced with timekeeping systems.

Great from both a user and administrator standpoint.

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Pros

WhenToWork is an intuitive scheduling software on both the user side and the admin side. Lots of display preferences and options to see other employees' schedules. Text and email notifications for when a schedule is posted and/or modified.

Cons

The tradeboard interface is not user friendly. It can be hard to determine who has already traded shifts or if the shift is still available.

Anna H.

This is a very helpful sight.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

What I like the most about this is that I can drop and trade shifts online and other people can pick them up.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is that when someone picks up a dropped shift, the dropped symbol goes away ( until a manager approves everything) and then it just looks like no one has dropped anything.

Roberto P.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Neat web base scheduling software with a solid app

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I really loved the product. I just wished it wasn't something that required a subscription.

Pros

Really loved the way the app works. It makes it so much easier to manage your work schedule as an employee. The manager section is full of useful features. Specially the ability to see who is on the schedule for the day and being able to send urgent txt messages to all staff. This second feature is invaluable when you have an employee that calls out or you all of the sudden need any additional staff. Really solid web based product

Cons

I wish this wasn't subscription based. Because its always harder to justify subscription based applications specially if the only use is to create and manage schedules. Also I wish it had a way to be used offline. Also having the ability to print out a single page monthly schedule would be nice.

Kieran W.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

whentowork works

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

overall easy to use and integrated with the team very well -

Pros

its just so easy to use once everyones set up! really liked the text function and allowing people to be notified of available shifts!

Cons

its a bit time consuming to set up initially but this could be said about all Rota software

Michelle P.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Reviewed on 2017/11/05

• Industry: Veterinary

I loved this scheduling software

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

Pros

This was a Great website and app to find my schedule, my coworkers' schedules, and request time off. Awesome app, never had any issues with it.

Cons

None! I never had any issues with the website or the app.

Andriana G.

WhenToWork Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

WhenToWork is a great software to keep track of your work schedule. It has many functions within it where you can trade shifts with people, view your future schedule, message coworkers and get their contact information. I enjoy that their is also a phone app for it as well.

Cons

This software is a little hard to use initially, but once you get the hang of it then it is easier.

Mia R.

Scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/08/30

Very easy to learn to use, and is very convenient and your schedule is at your finger tips, no more lost or torn paper schedules! Over all I am very content

Pros

It's easy to use. I like how you can see your schedule, or a fellow employee's schedule, and that you can request trading shifts and vacay time. I also like how it tells you how many hours your shift is

Cons

I don't like how you can't tell how many hours a week/ month you are scheduled to work. I would also like to see a graph to show trends in hours.

Emily M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good option.

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

Pros

It is nice to use this product for scheduling and providing work updates to everyone. It also makes it easier to for everyone to access their pay stubs, w2's, etc.

Cons

The layout is a little messy but it works okay.

Kym H.

Great Interactive Scheduling Tool

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

The main benefit would be having all scheduling conversations, requests, trades, etc all in one location. No random text messages or phone requests. It all goes on WhentoWork and easy to keep track of.

Pros

The most appreciated feature on WhentoWork would be for the staff to request and approve their own trades. This feature makes it much easier than management trying to find coverage. We also love how easy it is to use colors for quick glances on who is working when.

Cons

The only con when using WhenoWork is the busyness of the main page. Many options on views and such are a bit overwhelming to navigate through - especially when we rarely use more than 5 functions.

Shannan G.

Your schedule solution

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

As a manager..whentowork has been a great solutuon. I used this at prior companies and brought it on board at my latest institution. Staff find it easy to use. Schedules can be covered with one click! Memo boards stop staff from taking the memo off your bulletin board ..ensures all see it...love this product

Pros

Easy to use...alot of tracking options, great for multiple shift times and duties. Great way to communicate with staff regularly

Cons

Can be a little slow to update once you get to know the program and are able to use it well.

Michael B.

Use this for staff scheduling and organizational flow.

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Our scheduling would suffer greatly without this software. I like the mobility benefits that allow for use on a hand held device.

Pros

This software is very simple to use and efficient. I find that it easy to search for staff member by name, position, or telephone number. It is also very easy to export lists for email and other communications.

Cons

I think that when a shift has been "picked up" pending approval it should let others know that there are already a bid to pick it up, often there are five to six people trying to pick up the same shift when one is on the trade board.

William B.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The Go-To solution for any employee management needs

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

Pros

The stability and functionality of this software is very reputable. I've been using it for over 2 years to communicate with staff members, request time-off, check weekly schedules, and more. My company has been using it for 8-10 years now, and anyone not using this software is missing out in my opinion. If you ever need to manage a small business or NPO, this is a very helpful tool.

Cons

The user interface could use an update as the general theme and flow of the menus and elements in the software appear slightly outdated. It could use a minor refresh with a new color palette, theme, textures/fonts, etc.

Kylie M.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Love this!

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

I really believe our company has benefited from this website. It is very helpful to both management, and the staff we schedule.

Pros

This website is amazing if you have to manage the schedules of a lot of people at once. I love how customizable it is and that you can make and save staffing templates. It also always you to email your staff directly from the site. When a schedule is published, all staff on that given schedule will receive an email with what they are working, and it even allows the staff to trade shifts amongst others that are authorized for the position so there is much less confusion later. This website has made scheduling so much easier.

Cons

If you go to assign someone to a shift position you don't have them trained on the system allows you to do it, but gives a pop up that says "___ has been authorized for the position ___". this pop up can be easy to miss if you aren't paying close attention. I wish there was a to see a date list for when you authorized positions. Also, there is a feature where you can delete all shifts with a given position title which is very helpful, but I wish it would allow you to bulk delete some shifts without deleting all of them.

Peter G.

Essential to The Busy Workplace

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

I must say that the ease of use of this software and the mobility that it allows one to have is incredible. To be able to create an entire schedule for the staff at the office and the ability for them to review and approve their schedules remotely from their smartphones make this scheduling software a must for any workplace environment that requires people to be on the move constantly. Staff can also request time off, check compensation time balances and also send messages to each other in order to get shifts covered.

Cons

The only thing that I can say that I do not like about this software of ease of use when replacing someone on a shift. It can be a little confusing so you do have to pay extra attention to making sure someone is placed in the correct category.

Chris G.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Works for scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

It works good for basic scheduling and remote viewing and allows people to bid on shifts that are open.

Pros

I can see my schedule remotely. It lets me know where to be and when. i also know who I will be working with and who will be working at other locations.

Cons

It doesn't let me easily see openings so I can pick up time where I want to. I shows openings but not necessarily where they are. I don't want to take a shift if its too far away or with someone I don't mesh with and I have to "do the math" to figure out where its and who with.

Brittani D.

LOVE

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Overall it can be a bit confusing but being an admin for past companies in whentowork I have defintely fell in love with it. I do wish that it wasn't as expensive as I cant afford it in my facility.

Pros

When to work is my favourite scheduling software. It has many options to fit all the needs

Cons

Sometimes it has too many things and it's hard to understand what some features do and that they even exist

Alissa J.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great tool for scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

It's been pretty great so far. I really cannot complain.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how useful it is overall. It sends reminders too, which is super helpful.

Cons

It's great, but I do not like the mobile version of WhenToWork. There have been times where I have needed to update my availability on the go, through my phone, and couldn't.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great for Scheduling and Communication!

Reviewed on 2020/04/16

Pretty positive, very user-friendly and though it doesn't have a ton of extra features it does exactly what we need it to do.

Pros

This product makes it easy to communicate schedules, open shifts, and any changes to the schedule without having to send a million emails.

Cons

Setting up and changes schedules can be tedious and can take a lot of steps.

Corrie G.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/16

Pros

I love that I can check and manage my schedule from my smartphone. This is especially convenient because I don't have to make sure to write my schedule down before I leave work and it will be updated in my phone at any time.

Cons

It randomly signs me out frequently and it's a bit annoying to have to log back in.