TravelPerk

Business travel booking & management platform

4,6
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A Travel Coordinator's best friend

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

A super easy answer to quick business travel arrangements. TravelPerk have provided a very personal service to our business and for that we are very grateful - they really have become partners and that aligns them far more with the more traditional corporate travel agent without the heavy price tag.
We book a lot of very difficult travel itineraries and TravelPerk is always happy to step in and put in the grunt work which saves me a huge amount of time.
Customer service is very accessible and very good and when I am away from the office they are always happy to pick up my travel bookings on behalf of my colleagues, which is way beyond the call of duty.
Their offices are filled with very enthusiastic staff who are clearly happy to work in such a fab environment.

Pros

Our business has been utilising TravelPerk for well over a year now. From the very start they bent over backwards to ensure that we had the support and assistance we needed. The software is super easy to use, my favourite part is that the price on the front end matches what you pay at check out - many of these platforms are misleading with their prices which is frustrating for a busy Office Manager.
Easy to set up new people, cost centres, policies and to monitor travel spend.

Cons

I do wish we could earn rewards on hotels.
A more extensive mobile app would be very useful.

Fraser H.
Industry: Computer Software

Has taken a lot of pain out of corporate travel but can still be improved

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Customer service has been fantastic since the beginning - our sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was fantastic and helped us loads during setup and since then 99% of CS reps have been superb at solving problems fo us

Pros

Product is very intuitive for travellers to book travel that is within the companies budget and travel programme. The approval flow is extremely simple and centralised billing is super easy. The concierge service is great

Cons

The lack of flexibility can be super annoying. On the premium feature it is setup so that TP get as many premium fees as possible so if you are booking a trip for 3 people and some need train travel to the airport and some don't you need to make a separate booking. Or if they are not doing the exact same nights in a certain hotel. I get why they do it but if TP really care for customer experience they will fix this (they are very adamant they won't be changing this)

Dana F.
Industry: Computer Software

goo intentions, could be better

Reviewed on 2019/09/29

Our CS was really nice, tried to answer our problems, but the system itself wasn't good enough.

Pros

It is easy to use when it come to pick your flight and book it.

Cons

You can find flights in google and not in the system, which can give use loosing money. Costumer support was not good, very slowly and a lot of the time got an answer that nothing can be done.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Emilie G.

Overall great tool ; yet some improvements to make

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Pros

It's very easy to use.
It's 100% free and fills its promises.
Flight and hotel rates are aligned with those you could find on google, except it's all in one place (no need to scroll flight company + hotels.com, + ...)
It's possible to either have your company charged monthly, no charge for the traveler (very relevant to Europeans)
It's also possible to have your travelers pay with their credit card if that's their favorite choice (very relevant to Americans).
As a European-American company, this is precious.
Also, invoices are always crystal clear, no secret fees, no tons of extra little money invoices for whatever. It's all gathered under the trip ID (fees, refunds) and very easy to figure out. My accountant approves.
Yet a pro (that has a Con side): all prices are the lowest available. This is great as I am totally relaxed about finding the best available rates for every request.

Cons

- No trains on the tool. Europeans books a lot of trains.
- Approval workflow wasn't satisfying and lead us to purchase a different tool just for approval workflows.
- It's always the "lowcost/low service" rate, which means no luggages, no flex, no modification, and when travelling business, that's an issue (because business travelers need flexibility at some level.) If I want the "semi-flex" rate, which in most flight companies will allow the ticket to be modified with a reasonable fee, I have to ask offline : send a mail, request the ticket, wait for answer, discuss my choice, confirm ; and then only will it be booked. When trying to book a flight, every minute counts, so this is HUGE con.

Nicolas V.
Industry: Computer Software

A tool so simple to use that you will never go back.

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Implementation has been easy and flawless. It has helped us manage our Travels and Expenses like never before. Great UI and really simple to use. Monthly invoices, good pricing and probably one of the best customer support out there.

Pros

UI is beautiful you can tell how much work has been put into their web interface and the simplicity of booking trips is stunning.

Cons

Sometimes, their suppliers (Hotels) will insist that you pay your room before leaving although it has been paid already. Adding a function in the APP/ confirmation E-mail with the voucher so you can show it to the hotel would be perfect.

David G.
Industry: Sports

Extremely usefull and amazing customer service

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Super satisfied. I would recommend it to any peer who wants to smoothen its travel actions.

Pros

I like the functionalities and how easy it is to select flights and hotels.
What I like the most is the customer service. Super fast and efficient, i've only had good experiences when I needed to request support.

Cons

It could be a bit confusing when we select a flight and its price changes along the process.

Carina R.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

When I've got an issue, the solution was immediate

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

My experience is really good! I've never had issues with any reservation despite of travelling very often. Customer service reacted immediately when I was left on ground in Belgium by airline cancellation. Even it was at 1 am in the morning, they booked a hotel for me and make the situation less stressful.
Very satisfied with Travelperk!

Pros

It's very easy to use to build the trips, the addition of hotel reward cards was a plus

Cons

Some hotels availabilty, not easy to find roundtrips with 2 airlines. Also not being able to make some changes but having to make an entire new booking.

Sophie H.
Industry: Hospitality

The Customer Support is fantastic!

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

Firstly, the platform is very user friendly! It allows team members to organise and control their own trips within a Travel Policy set by us which is really handy! Furthermore, it's simple to use when organising big group trips too! But I would like to focus on how helpful the TP team are; fast response time, great support feedback and also give great advice! Understandably, this current situation is difficult for the travel industry, but the TP team have been nothing but great! Shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our account manager!

Cons

For the moment, I am happy with how the software works!

Falk S.
Industry: Real Estate

Great customer and product experience

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to use. Within minutes the business flight and accommodation is booked, everything w/o any hassle.

I had to change my flight several times and the customer support is quick, helps out and is there for one when you need them!

Cons

Some features are missing yet such as automated integration with platforms like airbnb or most importantly the ability to have the boarding pass on the app.

John B.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Charming people on your side

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Very positive - flexible when booking travel and accommodation

Pros

It is easy and quick to use both the app and the website, and if you encounter any difficulties, the charming TravelPerk team rush to your aid. Lovely to find such good service and tech in one place

Cons

Sometimes they take a while to find the best solutions but not really their fault

Avital T.

TravelPerk is light years better than any business travel solution in the market today

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

We get more visibility, less overhead and managed to save 23% on our global travel spend compared to the travel agent we were using before

Pros

IT JUST WORKS!!! Unlike all the old corporate booking tools out there, TravelPerk is neatly designed and lets me book a trip for myself or for others in minutes. They have a huge inventory as they are integrated not only with Amadeus and all the old GDS travel networks with Skyscanner, Expedia, Booking.com and all the online inventory we are used to finding online so I always get the best options. I don't have to browse multiple websites, it's all there in one place, with my travel information, documents, and preferences. On top of that, if anything goes south, they have an amazing 24/7 customer support so it's like having your own personal travel assistant

Cons

It would be great if I could check-in directly without having to be redirected to the airline website

Eleni K.
Industry: Computer Software

TravelPerk is exactly what I was wishing for! It is an immense help with corporate travel.

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

The benefit of a calmer mind.

Pros

I LOOOVE the profiles! The fact that all my colleagues' information is uploaded and I don't have to fill it in for every single ticket is a wish come true. I like the fact that each person can access their profiles and make adjustments. The fact that they do the research on their own is a life saver for both them and I. My job is done faster, easier, with no mistakes and all the information is gathered in one place. I no longer have to search my emails for tickets, hotels and the sort. I no longer have to resend and resend confirmation numbers, names, addresses.

Cons

I really hope you get to fix all the little issues that is stopping TravelPerk from being perfect.

Paula B.

Great service -Save a lot of time and hassle

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

It's a free tool that combines the perks of searching for your own flights and hotels online (no travel agents involved, so much faster and more dynamic) plus the advantages of having all the expenses and reports in one place. They also have great support line- you can actually talk to someone (not machines) that can fix any issue with your travel, like a travel agent would do. We had to change a flight and the process was super smooth and easy. And, IT'S FREE!

Cons

We use Airbnb rather than hotels quite frequently.. You can ask TP support to book Airbnb, but an automatic integration with Airbnb would be nice.

Ruben D.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Easiest Travel Booking Solution Out there

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Travel booking takes less time, and I save a lot of money as well.

Pros

It's so easy to book a trip that matches my preferences and our company policy. You just put in the destinations and date range, and you get the biggest range of flight possibilities ever... The filters make it easy to narrow down based on price, time of flight, etc.

From there on you can easily add an hotel to the trip in an interface that looks like all the major consumer travel sites. For our company it's really made our life easier.

Whenever I have a problem, and I don't mean with the app, but things like getting stuck at an airport for example, the team at TravelPerk is always available to help me out, which is awesome! I've never had such an experience with any other travel company or airline before.

Cons

That I can't use it for my private trips :D Functionality is being added an improved week over week so it's always getting better.

Tamar L.

Perfect business travel solution

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

Pros

The ease of use, great and intuitive interface and amazing customer support.

Travelperk saves me tons of time and frustration, I think that they will make the travel agents obsolete!

Cons

I wish you could also book Airbnb in the platform. But I know that you can ask the great support team to book it.

Patrick B.

Great experience, ingenious convenience

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Pros

First, we use TravelPerk to book all business travel for our sale employees and appreciate the most, that finally we found a service that provides one invoice for all. In the past, we needed to book everything separately and take care about the invoices, which is always more struggle than fun. This times are over thanks to TravelPerk and their great product. Second, the User Experience of the product is outstanding. It's intuitive and easy to use and every single sales employee can book their travel now by themselves thanks to the option to implement your own guidelines and policies.

Cons

Would be great to be able to book different airlines and provider in one trip. Instead, you need to create two trips right now to achieve that. But this is nothing minor, just a plus for the future.

Sylvain M.

Booking 2 flights a week for 4 months. And a few hotels and Airbnbs.

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Saved me Quite a few times.

Pros

The most perfect customer support, friendly, always there and helpful, switching flights, getting refunds. They almost feel like colleagues from another team.

Cons

Flight bookings always take 20 between the search and the payment, probably because the providers target business bookers with increased prices... Also looking to have a "My favorite" section, or having an integration of Airbnb.

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It is a must have in any company.

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

I use it occasionally in my work

Pros

With TravelPerk it gets really easy to set up​ any travel: booking tickets and accommodation​ never was so easy. Their platform is user-friendly and their​ customer support is always available

Cons

Honestly, I cannot see something I didn't like about Travel Perk. If I had to say something to improve it would the flexibility​ and options while choosing the accommodation​

Mia S.
Industry: Food & Beverages

A great tool!

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Pros

It's very simple and easy to use and makes our lives so much easier to be able to book everything in one place!

Cons

I think the approver/submitter/group set up is quite confusing when adding a new person

Richard M.

Boom, great tool! Quick, friendly and helpful customer services!

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

safe time, and have a better overview

Pros

Easy to handle and confirm all employees business trips. All the invoices come through a catchall mail and our accounting department not hassling around to search for all the invoices

Cons

providing soon, but not yet the possibility to compare prices. Sometimes travelperk do not match the flights like other search webpages.

Raquel S.

The best travel tool EVER

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Centralised costs, budget control, easiness to use, time saving.

Pros

TravelPerk is very Easy to Use, is has a Fantastic Costumer Service and Prices are fantastic...and it's improving.

Cons

If I do have to say something i would say need to ask for train tickets and some hotel that are not on the tool (Yet); and not a big Cons, just something that is being improved.

Oleksandr N.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good and fact app to find flights, hotels for a trip

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

It gives a lot of choices for flights. I can filter them by some parameters. Choice of hotels is good as well. It gives me advices if some prices are out of my company policy

Cons

Suggested me a hotel which supposed to be in 300 meters from our office. But in real it was in 9 km. So something wrong with accuracy or not clear what is that number means. Confuse a little bit.

Adolfo D.
Industry: Hospitality

Excellent solution, even better service, thank you!!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Overall experience is great, totally recommend Travelperk.

Pros

Everyhing es very well thought, simple, intuitive and precise.

Cons

Honestly, nothing pop-ups to my mind to answer as like least about this software.

Agostina M.
Industry: Internet

The best way to book business travel

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Travelperk has allowed our staff to have more autonomy to book and choose hotels and flights and morale improved because of that.

Also, the process of setting up and booking the trips has been much faster since we adopted the software.

Pros

Their search engine is really good, it has a lot of criteria and filter to make sure you find the best option for you.

The free account works really well.

Their user interphase and experience is very good.

Cons

The app needs to develop into other verticals to make life easier for business travellers.
I would like to be able to search and book car rentals and to be able to tag the trips and integrate them into Expensify.

Olivier B.

Perfect Partner

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Save time & money.

Pros

Team is amazing. Always available to help and provide assistance.
Software is clean. Love to classify my spends per project.

Cons

Mobile version would be fantastic. i would like to be able to make bookings on mobile.
Personnalize email with company layout