LeagueRepublic Reviews

LeagueRepublic

Scheduling, registration, results & more for sports leagues

4.9/5 (139 reviews)
Nik B.

League Republic - a world class league management system

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

For a league with just under 100 teams across 20+ clubs, League Republic allows us to provide a professional website and an easy to use team management service to our members... who are not IT experts. Whilst the technical setup and backend administration need a dedicated sys-admin, overall it saves hours of time year on year. Is it the best system in the world, we've yet to see anything better or as cost effective.

Pros

Features - leagues / cup / play-offs / club, team, player management & statistics
Powerful - covers 90% of everything you could ever want to do
Compatible - whatever your sport, League Republic will work
Balanced - ease of use vs technical capability for professionals
Support - quick & knowledgeable / online & chat / fixes & updates from user feedback
Custimizable - highly configuragle for nearly every part of the system
Mobile app - helps with quick input of results
Social media - integrates with Facebook Pages & Twitter
Website stats & html snippets - built in usage stats, and ability to place league tables and other game Information on another website via configureable code snippets
Built in communications facility - publish news on website, social media, emails to members
Security - access rights confurable based on role, ie League Admin vs Team Manager
Value for money - pricing based on number of teams, making it cost effective for small or large leagues

Cons

League website template - is good, but in need of a more modern refresh
Officials - allows only basic appointments (there are more powerful solutions like assignr.com / whostheref.com but would help if League Republic could do the same)
mobile app - can't allocate officials or see who is appointed
Social media - needs Instagram feed (same as Fb/Twitter)

David G.

The Battersea & District Pool League has improved considerably thanks to the League Republic!

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

I've been using the League Republic website for almost 7 years, and I honestly don't know what i'd do without it! After a little time setting up the general structure, this website saves you hours and hours of administration work. Gone are the days of manually working out fixtures, their easy to use tool works out everything for you, including making sure that no team have two home matches booked at any one time. Can't use a certain venue on a certain date? The tool will ensure that the venue will not be used without disrupting any other fixtures that season. Takes seconds to enter results, which automatically creates league tables, and less than a minute to log player stats for each match too. Our players love to see how they have fared on a individual base, as well as a team! Creating news articles are simple to do to ensure all of our players know key information with regards to the league. And if anything may seem a little confusing, the customer support on here is second to none, with questions being answered quickly and efficiently. I wouldn't think twice about referring this site to anybody that needs a website for their leagues. Thank you guys for all the help, and more importantly, it's all free!

Generating Fixtures
Generating Competitions
Individual Player Statistics
Easy To Send News Articles

Cons

Honestly can't think of anything i dislike about this piece of software

Marc T.

What a fantastic league management app!

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

A professionally presented pool league image that inspires confidence from the players the league is not a fly by night operation. My site provides indisputable facts and figures the players can trust. It is giving me a platform I can feel confidant in expanding my pool league into multiple venues. Support is top notch, you all have never let me down, you are patient and professional at all times. My LeagueRepublic experience has been fantastic!

Pros

I am able to configure my pool league management site almost any way needed for my players to know both how there team is doing, and their personal statistics progress.

Cons

Need more robust calculated statistics please. typical programming functions such as If/Then/Else. Case/Select, etc. Need a way for players to create a login account for my league that they only see my league name "The Straight Pool Place" and are not exposed to the "LeagueRepublic" name along the way. Players joining a pool league do not need or want to know any other company name but the pool league name itself. Optionally - The login name account must be able to control what they can see on the site - just the teams and standings for their Division for example. Need more integration APIs - download handicaps, upload results and statistics and handicap changes, match schedule changes, things like that

Paul R.

League Republic - Evolution not Revolution!

Reviewed on 2016/11/12

After 10 years of custom built bespoke website with many add ons , took the plunge 4 years ago to go for a tried and tested commercial product at LR. This allowed our small grassroots football league to come of age technically and professionally in the new age of social media. Hours saved in terms of administration, many media input options, continuous improvements, excellent and timely customer support. Initial set up takes time but only to be expected, once firmed up, season on season is an absolute breeze.
Fully recommended and can't see changing in the foreseeable future, teams and players now see it as the norm compared to the old basic site which was great back in the day! This product continues to evolve and never had an issue that was not easily dealt and more often than not, was my technophobe skill as opposed to software capability.
I gave 4/5 for money value as 5/5 would need to be less than £100 subscription, also 4/5 ease of use as initial understanding takes time, these are perhaps a little cynical but I would rarely give perfect scores on any review/rating, however, this is the best product around and truthfully best decision our league has made!

Pros

Innovative, media friendly, professional, flexible, customer service support excellent

Cons

Set up takes time

Tim C.

The ULTIMATE website for your local league

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

The experience has been overwhelmingly positive, and our LR website has transformed our local snooker league. The site works brilliantly with mobile devices and an app is available for viewing fixtures and submitting results. It is so easy to use that everyone who participates in our league has become much more engaged.

Pros

- Looks very professional
- The appearance can be tailored so your site looks unique
- Scoring system can be tailored to your exact requirements (useful for our snooker league!)
- Easy to setup, and even easier to re-generate leagues for new seasons
- Very easy for team captains to submit results
- Works perfectly for team leagues, and team/individual knockout cups all in one place
- Automatic wizard for creating a season of fixtures with no venue clashes etc

Cons

No cons. The system is very powerful and some of the features are necessarily complex. This means it might take a while to learn everything. But this should not put you off. The support is excellent.

Albert E.

Until we found this we struggled to find software that allowed us to keep all our members informed.

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

The ability to keep our Chess League members fully informed on a day to day basis. Matches are played on a number of evenings each week and the tables etc can be updated daily. Previously League members would more or less be in the dark regarding the League situation.

Pros

What not to like! It is flexible enough to look after our Chess League - a major feature in itself. It calculated our very complicated fixtures with numerous constraints - teams not playing on the same night, teams not sharing venues and teams unavailable on certain dates. It allows easy input of results and keeps statistics on individual players. It documents results, keeps up to date tables and allows sorting by date and team . It details venues, including a google map. Allows reports to be input. Plus a few other features.

Cons

Not really anything to dislike. The only thing missing is the ability to print out or download the results of all the many many sorts that are available.

Ivo P.

Top Leaguemanagement System

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

I'm very happy that Leaguerepublic enables me to host my non-professional darts league. The functionality and availability of the present features is a great help. My team captains and players also value this highly. Some like the statistics system very much. Without Leaguerepublic my league may be offline. With Leaguerepublic propagation of fixtures, results and standings works great.

Pros

The league management, game schedule and results entry offer almost everything needed. It's a very complete management system with friendly and competent support. Everything can be entered and viewed online. Even pretty extensive team and player statistics can be maintained. And all of this is for free, which is great for non-professional leagues.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming for the team administrators. There are many features and settings, so that people sometimes tell me it's too complicated.

Thomas W.

Fantastic software and free

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

It does a fantastic job of running our league, I run the software by myself and I can keep up with thinks no problem, the creators of this software deserve 5 star ratings because they are committed in giving you an excellent product and 5 star customer service.

Pros

1. It's totally free
2. It's quite easy to use
3. You enter your scores and it does the rest for you
4. The software has so many features.
5. The customer service is excellent
6. Overall for a free piece of software I wouldn't use anything else for our league it does everything you ask of it and the people behind it all do a fantastic job of keeping it up to date and adding better features to keep up with social networks

Cons

To be honest it takes a wee while to get used to the software but once you have the basics done and your website set up it's easy to use

Jonathan S.

Have now used this for 10 years. Super reliable sports league & team website solution.

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

We use this as a free solution for providing a website for our 600+ league players. The website is fully integrated with our social media platforms - it posts, tweets and e-mails our users automatically when we update the site. Could not recommend it enough, and have been using it for 10 years with absolutely no problems. It is stable, well-managed, user-friendly...and free.
The ads are to be expected for a free software solution, but this has never been fed back to me by any of our users. All ads are static bars though - no pop-ups or pop-unders.

Pros

Great live support and chat facility, and the software is constantly updated to provide more features. The compatibility with social media and other platforms is excellent. I don't have to update my end users - League Republic does it for me automatically.

Dean P.

Great for Snooker, Pool & Billiards Leagues

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

I've been using LeagueRepublic for around 10 years and have set up 6 league and one club site for various snooker, pool and billiards leagues. The product is continually being improved with new features being added and extremely responsive support for a free (ad-supported) service.

I'm a developer myself, but use LeagueRepublic as it's so much quicker to use this mature platform and get other users involved in being administrators for the leagues, clubs, divisions or teams. Other users - who are not as technical as I am - have commented to me that they find the site easy to use for their assigned role.

When I built my 2nd site in 2007, there were a few features I felt weren't covered and I had to build another site from scratch to sit alongside it. However, the 2016 version has (almost) everything I could ever wish for and more is being added all the time. Any bugs I raise seem to be fixed really fast and suggestions for new features are readily accepted.

Pros

Great support and new features being added all the time

Cons

I'd like to be able to access more of the data in bulk, e.g. download all scorecards to use to calculate handicaps based on every frame

Richard G.

Top notch

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Saves a great amount of time as the site automatically works out merit winners, leagues winners etc. Takes the effort out of running a league.

Pros

Easy to use and to get to grips with. Setting up of the league, knockouts and cups are straight forward. Website sends out text messages which when replied to automatically updates the website. Transfer of players between teams is straight forward.

Cons

The only fault I can see is regarding the singles and doubles comps we run. We could do with having the Team Name linked to the player, so when the draw is done, you know which team your opponent(s) play for.

Rachel C.

Great for local Darts League!

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

I love it and so does the darts league! So much easier for everyone to see up to date results, standings, up coming matches etc. Previously we depended on being sent paper copies of league tables (which were not very regular so half the time, teams didn't know where they were in table, how other teams were doing etc.

Pros

Easy to learn (but I do have an IT background!)
Great for getting results instantly available on the web on match nights as our captains respond to the auto text messages so everyone can see the results / standings as they come through in real time.
I love the auto scheduling facility for setting up the matches - it has saved hours of working out matches by hand on paper as we did previously!

Cons

Can be a little tricky setting up the next year's league and divisions when teams change divisions, new teams join / teams leave or change venue. I like to keep all our old season's details and often teams return and start playing again.

Mike D.

All Leagues should use it

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Having used another product , which had similar features but was not free, I found I could do all the essentials with this software. I like the fact that the website is updated immediately, and News options and links to Facebook are great. Once you get the hang of the parameters needed to set up Leagues you find it can do everything you want and more. For most Leagues, the fact that it is free is great

Cons

Needs a degree of Computer Literacy, and some of the internal flow could be better. I also think there are options that not everyone would use , and "a Lite" version or the facility to personalize options would be ideal. That however is being extremely picky.

Ger M.

Review of League Republic

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Hugely positive. The admin section of the website is easy to navigate and any issues are dealt with in a prompt manner by the site developers. Happy to recommend to any other schoolboys league.

Pros

1. Fixtures and Results functionality
2. Ease of use
3. Player profile and statistics functionality
4. Ability to add custom widgets
5. Ability to post news items and results through social media channels

Cons

1. Inability to automatically filter results / fixtures by KO time on the results / fixtures pages
2. Need a more thorough breakdown of website statistics

Lee T.

Staffs & West Midlands Snooker League

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

Superb product that saves hours and hours of administration time setting fixtures up, making competition draws, has an excellent payment system and the customer support is second to none. The league runs superbly well with this website that we set up 18 months ago we would not be without it and is completely free! Can't speak highly enough of the team at league republic nothing is too much trouble I would highly recommend to any administrator for any league in any sport without question.

Pros

Very easy to use and can do anything you need it to do it is instant. If you make a mistake it is easy that put right.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like.

Dave P.

The site/software has vastly improved the efficiency and enjoyment of running our darts league.

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

Many compared to our old system. Live scores and instant results and stats to name but a few.

Pros

For anyone with minimal or no experience of websites, this one provides the facilities to create a great looking site with features to cover almost every aspect of your league. Whereas our old website restricted us to league matches, this one includes the cups, individual and pairs competitions and the history of our league.

Cons

Very little in the way of cons but there are one or two minor adjustments that could make our site better.

Colin D.

League Republic My Opinion

Reviewed on 2016/11/05

I have been using League Republic for around 15 years I can honestly say Dave and Andrew have always been more than helpful the site once you get into it is fairly simple to use depending on what your sport is. Once you have done the set up bit which Dave and Andrew will give you all the help you need I found replies to my questions were answered quickly and without complication putting in your results is easy all calculations are done for you as long as you have put in the things you need I have no hesitation recommending League Republic to anyone who has the need for a site of this nature keep up the good work League Republic 1st Class.

Pros

Cons

Nothing

Nick S.

Southam darts league

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Overall experience has always been good withLeague Republic

Pros

This site was inherited from the previous league secretary and I had reservations about it but once you start navigating around the site, it was quite user friendly. If you require any support or info just message the support team and replies are always very prompt. The site is regularly updated to keep up with changing features.

Cons

Nothing negative to comment about the software, support is always at hand if problems occur.

Chris K.

Fantastic website, superb support

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Fantastic, the website is perfect for our pool league and its free to use.

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate, anything i wasn't sure of just send them a message and get a speedy detailed response.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is in our league we have a separate team captain competition, which runs alongside the league. Once the league fixtures have been processed I then have to enter the captains fixtures manually to run part and parcel with the league which is quite time consuming.

Karen W.

pool league website

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I just thought a website would save time in the long run as we no longer need to drive round all the pubs to pass on info and stats.
of course captains all use email now so you may think the website was no longer required, however it is actually used most by team players who used to turn up on pool night hoping they had a match. now everyone can check out what's happening, where they need to be and, most important how they are doing!

Pros

once you have found your way around you discover that your small input (keeping it up to date is vital)
creates not just basic info but a whole world of stats which you would never have the time to produce.

Cons

there have been lots of updates which may make the program run better but can be a bit annoying.

the worst bit about the software is that I made a few mistakes years ago and can't remove or correct them but they do throw up problems occasionally.

Matt C.

Couldn't be without it

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Whether the results come in to me in drips and drabs, or as bulk load of information, inputting the results and stats is easy, the website takes care of the rest in term of updating league tables and presenting them in a format suitable for PCs and mobile devices.

Pros

Once set up, the administration is very easy. I can update fixtures and league tables as well as match stats on my phone immediately after the games. The players can access the information in a format that suits them... it might be all games played on a particular date, or a list of all their own fixtures and stats.

Cons

I sometime have a little difficulty setting up the venues, but this is mainly through my own ignorance more than anything else. The admin are always quick to respond to give me the guidance I need. I've been using the software for 6 seasons now.

Manuel P.

South Africa - Nkangala Region - Manuel

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Pros

The software makes league management for statistics and also keeping the teams and other stakeholders informed about the progress of the league

Cons

i am not happy that i am not able to give someone rights to a specific account to manage fully, currently i have 3 accounts i am managing and i want to give someone just only 1 account to full access. but its not a big overall i am happy with the way the software is designed

Robert R.

League Republic Review

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Be guided by the support staff and you will a) not go wrong, b) soon come to realise that their guidance will make matters straightforward. That said, experienced users will have become used to largely managing without support. Tip top service / software and highly recommended.

Pros

Flexible and pretty easily understood, it is the benchmark in its area.

Cons

Standard software may be slightly difficult to amend for minority sports' use but the support staff are there to hold your hand.

Stanley S.

Southport & District Pool League uses League Republic

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Using League Republic for our League web-site we are able to easily reach all our members, eventually this has meant we now do not bother with printing fixture books which has become increasingly expensive.

Pros

We've been using League Republic software for 12 years and whilst the software is super easy to use on the odd occassion we need support it is given extremely quickly and professionally. There is enough flexibility to add tabs, documents and photo gallery to make the web-site interesting and informative whilst maintaining a 'personal' feel. We are trialing the Team Admin App this season which has added extra interest whilst matches are being played.

Cons

Nothing really but if I was being picky then perhaps more picture options for the header.

Bob F.

A great product for our needs

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

We are going into our 3rd year with this product and feel it has been a successful partnership. we look forward to seeing new product developments from the team.

Pros

A little time invested will bring rewards with getting the most from this product. It is a nice product and delivers a great look that we pay nothing for at the moment for the basic package. As our league expands is a product we would definitely look at investing money in to unlock other benefits of the products. The support team are very good and answer queries within a decent period of time.

Cons

There is not the capability of coping with 'promotion play-offs' qualifying places in the leagues - a small gripe and I am sure that they are looking at this as we write this review!