LeagueRepublic

Scheduling, registration, results & more for sports leagues

4,7
4,6
Manuel P.
Industry: Banking

South Africa - Nkangala Region - Manuel

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Pros

The software makes league management for statistics and also keeping the teams and other stakeholders informed about the progress of the league

Cons

i am not happy that i am not able to give someone rights to a specific account to manage fully, currently i have 3 accounts i am managing and i want to give someone just only 1 account to full access. but its not a big overall i am happy with the way the software is designed

James M.

League Republic Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

We have saved huge amounts of time in result checking and updating the league tables manually. Also pyramid style knockout cups have saved a lot of time too. So overall we have benefited hugely from using LeagueRepublic.

Pros

Live web updates when the App is filled in by the teams. Automatically updates league and knockout pyramids as soon as a final score is input, saving a huge amount of admin time.

Cons

Doesn't show what the issue is when unable to login to the app. Just says "Error" rather than "wrong password" or "no signal".
Doesn't have an option to limit to 1/0 in the score input section on the app. Doesn't automatically add up win/loss to the final score.

Jason C.

Brilliant

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

Recommended 5*

Pros

This is just a must if your running a Darts league - everything about this product is perfect - upgraded to Gold and never looked back

Cons

None - have had no issues - can't think of anything bad to say

Laurence R.

'New system'

At the moment I am not overly happy with League Republic

Pros

Not a lot as the 'new' changes have caused me problems.

Cons

The 'new' system is more difficult to navigate.
More importantly the system is now importing Cup results into the League tables which means I have had to spend hours revising the League tables and positions manuallyand on paper.

Response from LeagueRepublic

Thanks for your feedback Laurence. Regarding the later - we have made no changes to the way the standings are ranked, Cup matches are not included in division standings. If you start a conversation via the chat facility and explain your issue further we will be happy to help.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Dave C.
Industry: Sports

Makes youth sports league admin a pleasure

Reviewed on 2020/07/19

Allows me to manage both my in town and my travel (multiple towns) youth softball programs. It makes my behind-the-scenes administration a breeze and provides a quality product/website for coaches and families to track results.

Pros

I appreciate the way everything fits together. As I add my venues, they automatically appear in my scheduling process. As I add my teams/divisions, they automatically appear in my scheduling and in my standings website. As I administer the day today scores, rainouts and reschedules, they automatically are represented on the website for players coaches and parents and behind the scenes in league admin.

This year I scheduled five different divisions across 9 pounds and 20 fields. Our spring season was canceled due to Covid but we were able to run a summer season. It was easy to archive the spring season that never happened but a lot of the prep work in the field/team creation was at my fingertips As I begin working on the summer. I can add in blackouts/available times for both teams and fields… Push a button and get a comprehensive schedule. I can download that schedule into Excel for final evaluation and tweaking. I then make any final adjustments right in the system and my schedule is ready to go.

I’ve tried a lot of different alternatives to schedule creation and standings management. This one for our chains the rest and ease of use, quality and results!

Cons

I really don’t have that many complaints. I do find it annoying that every time I leave my browser for another piece of software and return, I have to login again. But that’s a minor detail.

Alex J.

Easy and Fun to use

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

fut360 is a small business with soccer leagues. it has help us schedule games and have live scored for our teams . i have done all scheduling manually. still have not understood how to make my schedules randomly . if someone can help me it will be outstanding.

Pros

this software has lots of options to run a league and tournament. really easy use and understandable.

Cons

sometimes is difficult to find the answer to a problem. Example had a tournament and we did the cup option but was never able to move to the knock out round. i figured it out after the tournament

Cairns K.

8 Ball Pool League Use

Reviewed on 2019/12/16

There is a great time saving and the whole experience is very smooth, resulting in a very professional looking website.

Pros

Once the data is entered, it is very user friendly, particularly when you get buy-in from others to use it properly too. Without that though, it is still easy to administrate the full site alone. There is a great deal of depth to the free software which is very refreshing.

Cons

By only using the free software, the adverts are annoying and ruins the work on presentation, but it is free! For knock-out competitions, there is no way to change the layout of the chart version that shows complete route to final when randomising home and away for subsequent rounds. There is a feature to do the draw at the end of each round though.

Mark K.
Industry: Printing

Medway Snooker League

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Pros

We were looking for a modern format to manage our league and looked at other solutions and as we are a small non profit league there was not really a budget available to purchase a solution but when finding league republic we realised we did not need to look any further as it provided the basic requirements we needed with plenty of options for later as we hopefully grow the league.

Cons

How simple and easy it was to use and update.

Geoff M.
Industry: Sports

Very easy to set up, use and administer

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Pros

This site, once you get used to it, is very simple to use for our snooker league. It is easy to set up various competitions and to enter results both for league matches and competitions. Customer support, when needed, is always helpful

Cons

None. If I have questions the support is always helpful

Adrian S.

Skittles League Made Easy

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

The league tables are so easy now it did take me for ever I'm well impressed

Pros

It was quick and easy to set up takes in to all my requirments

Cons

Im having trouble setting up some stats but its not the end of the world I think its just me

Nik B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

League Republic - a world class league management system

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

For a league with just under 100 teams across 20+ clubs, League Republic allows us to provide a professional website and an easy to use team management service to our members... who are not IT experts. Whilst the technical setup and backend administration need a dedicated sys-admin, overall it saves hours of time year on year. Is it the best system in the world, we've yet to see anything better or as cost effective.

Pros

Features - leagues / cup / play-offs / club, team, player management & statistics
Powerful - covers 90% of everything you could ever want to do
Compatible - whatever your sport, League Republic will work
Balanced - ease of use vs technical capability for professionals
Support - quick & knowledgeable / online & chat / fixes & updates from user feedback
Custimizable - highly configuragle for nearly every part of the system
Mobile app - helps with quick input of results
Social media - integrates with Facebook Pages & Twitter
Website stats & html snippets - built in usage stats, and ability to place league tables and other game Information on another website via configureable code snippets
Built in communications facility - publish news on website, social media, emails to members
Security - access rights confurable based on role, ie League Admin vs Team Manager
Value for money - pricing based on number of teams, making it cost effective for small or large leagues

Cons

League website template - is good, but in need of a more modern refresh
Officials - allows only basic appointments (there are more powerful solutions like assignr.com / whostheref.com but would help if League Republic could do the same)
mobile app - can't allocate officials or see who is appointed
Social media - needs Instagram feed (same as Fb/Twitter)

David G.
Industry: Gambling & Casinos
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The Battersea & District Pool League has improved considerably thanks to the League Republic!

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

I've been using the League Republic website for almost 7 years, and I honestly don't know what i'd do without it! After a little time setting up the general structure, this website saves you hours and hours of administration work. Gone are the days of manually working out fixtures, their easy to use tool works out everything for you, including making sure that no team have two home matches booked at any one time. Can't use a certain venue on a certain date? The tool will ensure that the venue will not be used without disrupting any other fixtures that season. Takes seconds to enter results, which automatically creates league tables, and less than a minute to log player stats for each match too. Our players love to see how they have fared on a individual base, as well as a team! Creating news articles are simple to do to ensure all of our players know key information with regards to the league. And if anything may seem a little confusing, the customer support on here is second to none, with questions being answered quickly and efficiently. I wouldn't think twice about referring this site to anybody that needs a website for their leagues. Thank you guys for all the help, and more importantly, it's all free!

Generating Fixtures
Generating Competitions
Individual Player Statistics
Easy To Send News Articles

Cons

Honestly can't think of anything i dislike about this piece of software

Marc T.
Company size: Self Employed

What a fantastic league management app!

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

A professionally presented pool league image that inspires confidence from the players the league is not a fly by night operation. My site provides indisputable facts and figures the players can trust. It is giving me a platform I can feel confidant in expanding my pool league into multiple venues. Support is top notch, you all have never let me down, you are patient and professional at all times. My LeagueRepublic experience has been fantastic!

Pros

I am able to configure my pool league management site almost any way needed for my players to know both how there team is doing, and their personal statistics progress.

Cons

Need more robust calculated statistics please. typical programming functions such as If/Then/Else. Case/Select, etc. Need a way for players to create a login account for my league that they only see my league name "The Straight Pool Place" and are not exposed to the "LeagueRepublic" name along the way. Players joining a pool league do not need or want to know any other company name but the pool league name itself. Optionally - The login name account must be able to control what they can see on the site - just the teams and standings for their Division for example. Need more integration APIs - download handicaps, upload results and statistics and handicap changes, match schedule changes, things like that

Paul R.
Industry: Financial Services

League Republic - Evolution not Revolution!

Reviewed on 2016/11/12

After 10 years of custom built bespoke website with many add ons , took the plunge 4 years ago to go for a tried and tested commercial product at LR. This allowed our small grassroots football league to come of age technically and professionally in the new age of social media. Hours saved in terms of administration, many media input options, continuous improvements, excellent and timely customer support. Initial set up takes time but only to be expected, once firmed up, season on season is an absolute breeze.
Fully recommended and can't see changing in the foreseeable future, teams and players now see it as the norm compared to the old basic site which was great back in the day! This product continues to evolve and never had an issue that was not easily dealt and more often than not, was my technophobe skill as opposed to software capability.
I gave 4/5 for money value as 5/5 would need to be less than £100 subscription, also 4/5 ease of use as initial understanding takes time, these are perhaps a little cynical but I would rarely give perfect scores on any review/rating, however, this is the best product around and truthfully best decision our league has made!

Pros

Innovative, media friendly, professional, flexible, customer service support excellent

Cons

Set up takes time

Tim C.
Industry: Sports

The ULTIMATE website for your local league

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

The experience has been overwhelmingly positive, and our LR website has transformed our local snooker league. The site works brilliantly with mobile devices and an app is available for viewing fixtures and submitting results. It is so easy to use that everyone who participates in our league has become much more engaged.

Pros

- Looks very professional
- The appearance can be tailored so your site looks unique
- Scoring system can be tailored to your exact requirements (useful for our snooker league!)
- Easy to setup, and even easier to re-generate leagues for new seasons
- Very easy for team captains to submit results
- Works perfectly for team leagues, and team/individual knockout cups all in one place
- Automatic wizard for creating a season of fixtures with no venue clashes etc

Cons

No cons. The system is very powerful and some of the features are necessarily complex. This means it might take a while to learn everything. But this should not put you off. The support is excellent.

Albert E.
Industry: Sports

Until we found this we struggled to find software that allowed us to keep all our members informed.

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

The ability to keep our Chess League members fully informed on a day to day basis. Matches are played on a number of evenings each week and the tables etc can be updated daily. Previously League members would more or less be in the dark regarding the League situation.

Pros

What not to like! It is flexible enough to look after our Chess League - a major feature in itself. It calculated our very complicated fixtures with numerous constraints - teams not playing on the same night, teams not sharing venues and teams unavailable on certain dates. It allows easy input of results and keeps statistics on individual players. It documents results, keeps up to date tables and allows sorting by date and team . It details venues, including a google map. Allows reports to be input. Plus a few other features.

Cons

Not really anything to dislike. The only thing missing is the ability to print out or download the results of all the many many sorts that are available.

Ivo P.

Top Leaguemanagement System

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

I'm very happy that Leaguerepublic enables me to host my non-professional darts league. The functionality and availability of the present features is a great help. My team captains and players also value this highly. Some like the statistics system very much. Without Leaguerepublic my league may be offline. With Leaguerepublic propagation of fixtures, results and standings works great.

Pros

The league management, game schedule and results entry offer almost everything needed. It's a very complete management system with friendly and competent support. Everything can be entered and viewed online. Even pretty extensive team and player statistics can be maintained. And all of this is for free, which is great for non-professional leagues.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming for the team administrators. There are many features and settings, so that people sometimes tell me it's too complicated.

Thomas W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Fantastic software and free

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

It does a fantastic job of running our league, I run the software by myself and I can keep up with thinks no problem, the creators of this software deserve 5 star ratings because they are committed in giving you an excellent product and 5 star customer service.

Pros

1. It's totally free
2. It's quite easy to use
3. You enter your scores and it does the rest for you
4. The software has so many features.
5. The customer service is excellent
6. Overall for a free piece of software I wouldn't use anything else for our league it does everything you ask of it and the people behind it all do a fantastic job of keeping it up to date and adding better features to keep up with social networks

Cons

To be honest it takes a wee while to get used to the software but once you have the basics done and your website set up it's easy to use

Jonathan S.
Industry: Sports

Have now used this for 10 years. Super reliable sports league & team website solution.

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

We use this as a free solution for providing a website for our 600+ league players. The website is fully integrated with our social media platforms - it posts, tweets and e-mails our users automatically when we update the site. Could not recommend it enough, and have been using it for 10 years with absolutely no problems. It is stable, well-managed, user-friendly...and free.
The ads are to be expected for a free software solution, but this has never been fed back to me by any of our users. All ads are static bars though - no pop-ups or pop-unders.

Pros

Great live support and chat facility, and the software is constantly updated to provide more features. The compatibility with social media and other platforms is excellent. I don't have to update my end users - League Republic does it for me automatically.

Dean P.

Great for Snooker, Pool & Billiards Leagues

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

I've been using LeagueRepublic for around 10 years and have set up 6 league and one club site for various snooker, pool and billiards leagues. The product is continually being improved with new features being added and extremely responsive support for a free (ad-supported) service.

I'm a developer myself, but use LeagueRepublic as it's so much quicker to use this mature platform and get other users involved in being administrators for the leagues, clubs, divisions or teams. Other users - who are not as technical as I am - have commented to me that they find the site easy to use for their assigned role.

When I built my 2nd site in 2007, there were a few features I felt weren't covered and I had to build another site from scratch to sit alongside it. However, the 2016 version has (almost) everything I could ever wish for and more is being added all the time. Any bugs I raise seem to be fixed really fast and suggestions for new features are readily accepted.

Pros

Great support and new features being added all the time

Cons

I'd like to be able to access more of the data in bulk, e.g. download all scorecards to use to calculate handicaps based on every frame

Richard G.

Top notch

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Saves a great amount of time as the site automatically works out merit winners, leagues winners etc. Takes the effort out of running a league.

Pros

Easy to use and to get to grips with. Setting up of the league, knockouts and cups are straight forward. Website sends out text messages which when replied to automatically updates the website. Transfer of players between teams is straight forward.

Cons

The only fault I can see is regarding the singles and doubles comps we run. We could do with having the Team Name linked to the player, so when the draw is done, you know which team your opponent(s) play for.

Scott A.

League Republic is a League Savior

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

The league republic has enabled my league to modernise our approach and gives us a stable clear and easy to use platform from multiple devices.

Pros

The pros are the ease of which you can manage this platform from either your desktop or on the go on your mobile.
Plenty of choice of features & design

Cons

The cons are league should be able to pay monthly rather than a one off fee as that would encourage more leagues to try this platform out.
The options for recording statistics could do with more options.
The site lacks the ability to upload photo Albums which for a league like ours is a big drawback.

Rachel C.
Industry: Sports

Great for local Darts League!

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

I love it and so does the darts league! So much easier for everyone to see up to date results, standings, up coming matches etc. Previously we depended on being sent paper copies of league tables (which were not very regular so half the time, teams didn't know where they were in table, how other teams were doing etc.

Pros

Easy to learn (but I do have an IT background!)
Great for getting results instantly available on the web on match nights as our captains respond to the auto text messages so everyone can see the results / standings as they come through in real time.
I love the auto scheduling facility for setting up the matches - it has saved hours of working out matches by hand on paper as we did previously!

Cons

Can be a little tricky setting up the next year's league and divisions when teams change divisions, new teams join / teams leave or change venue. I like to keep all our old season's details and often teams return and start playing again.

Mike D.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

All Leagues should use it

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

Having used another product , which had similar features but was not free, I found I could do all the essentials with this software. I like the fact that the website is updated immediately, and News options and links to Facebook are great. Once you get the hang of the parameters needed to set up Leagues you find it can do everything you want and more. For most Leagues, the fact that it is free is great

Cons

Needs a degree of Computer Literacy, and some of the internal flow could be better. I also think there are options that not everyone would use , and "a Lite" version or the facility to personalize options would be ideal. That however is being extremely picky.

Ger M.

Review of League Republic

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Hugely positive. The admin section of the website is easy to navigate and any issues are dealt with in a prompt manner by the site developers. Happy to recommend to any other schoolboys league.

Pros

1. Fixtures and Results functionality
2. Ease of use
3. Player profile and statistics functionality
4. Ability to add custom widgets
5. Ability to post news items and results through social media channels

Cons

1. Inability to automatically filter results / fixtures by KO time on the results / fixtures pages
2. Need a more thorough breakdown of website statistics