Zaius Reviews

Zaius

B2C CRM

4.4/5 (26 reviews)
Steven L.

Early adopter, big fan of platform, even bigger fan of the folks who stand behind it.

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Pros

I've been a customer since their early days and have seen them grow, which is no surprise. I've found them vastly superior to other "Enterprise" email service providers, like Bronto, Salesforce (Exact Target), Responsys, etc.

What's awesome is Zaius stores everything each site visitor does, whether personally identified or not. So when the user is finally identified, all their past website interactions are attributed to them and voila, you have rich customer profiles you can market to. And boy, can you market to them.

Fundamentally, if you can dream it, the odds are quite good that YOU (and I literally mean "you, the marketer") can do it on your own. And I/m not talking about cart abandonment or browse abandonment, but MUCH cooler stuff.

We just started a campaign that takes customers who browsed
1) Any one apparel brand's products three times within 14 days , and...
2) Didn't buy any apparel from that brand in the last 14 days, and...
3) Haven't gotten an email from this campaign in at least 5 days, and...
4) Haven't gotten any marketing emails from us in 2 days, will then get
5) A dynamic email with that days most popular apparel items from just that manufacturer, and...
6) With only be the gender of apparel they were looking at.

What other platform can do something like that? None. And how long did it take to build this continuously running campaign, including the responsive creative? A few hours.

If you can dream it, you can probably do it.

Cons

Because the platform is just a few years old, there are some things that are not in it yet or are still maturing as it gets used by customers.

Having a subscriber center where users can signup for or unsubscribe from any or all of the campaigns you have is not ready yet, but it is finally coming. Same with a customer API we can get at some of this customer information, but it is on the roadmap. Recommendations were just released, but as a v1 feature, it will need some time to mature. They have a nice WYSIWYG email designer, which has gotten a lot better over the past 18 months, still has some rough edges to it, but they are working on it too.

The best part about having any cons with the product is they really do listen to their customers and I never feel like there is no hope or chance that we will get what we need. And for that, I am grateful.

Software Shortcomings Overcome by Customer Support

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Cohesive omni-channel marketing with 3rd-party audience syncs, and agility in deploying campaigns thanks to its responsiveness and features.

Pros

The software itself is fast and not bulky, which used to frustrate me when using other marketing automation tools in the past. We have over 250,000 users come through our site every month, and waiting around for 30 minutes while an audience is built so I can preview the size or investigate more behaviors.

We primarily chose Zaius as audiences can be synced to Google and Facebook as remarketing audiences, which allows us to put out omni-channel campaigns to reach users where they spend the most time.

The Email Template Editor is hands-down better than anything I've used in the past, allowing me to quickly design an attractive campaign quickly.

The dedicated on-boarding team made implementation easy, and the assigned account manager onboarding consistently goes above and beyond to answer questions or even do what you needed for you (like verifying/creating a very complex audience or segment), which I find refreshing. It's indicative of a partnership, not just some software we're paying for access to.

Cons

There's a lot of thought that has gone into the product itself, though its little idiosyncrasies can be a little frustrating (like using a filter with a "matching" expression and bookending your phrase with asterisks). With certain aspects of the software it doesn't seem intuitive (though it isn't a result of there not being thought put into it).

For users who will only use it occasionally, I could see Zaius frustrating them. But, as someone who uses it daily, my familiarity overcomes some of these shortcomings.

Michelle B.

Access to customer information at my finger tips + Fantastic customer service

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

It's a great tool for the price. Have access to a tremendous amount of data that I'd typically need tech support to help pull. Able to make decisions and iterate on learnings very quickly.

Pros

TESTING! Like all marketers, I love a good A/B test, and Zaius allows me to run tests all day long and I'm able to create my own test buckets without needing tech support. I'm able to access my user data and create segments that I'd normally need to request through another team. Love having the ability to do so many things on my own! The tech support team is a huge help. They respond quickly and are knowledgable in helping me through any issues that I've encountered.

Cons

The tool has it's quirks, and some of the features aren't very user friendly -- when I'm creating complicated segments, I often have issues with setting up (they are working on a fix for this). Also, I'm also not super savvy with their reporting suite. I often find myself needing to rely on their customer support team to help me with reporting. Finally -- wish it had more predictive features -- used machine learning/AI for recommendations.

On the Path to Excellence

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Solid. Live chat support is good but not great with occasional long response times. The contracts have been fair and easy to deal with, to this point.

Pros

As business becomes increasingly driven to data-driven decisions, the ability to easy access and analyze data is paramount. The decision to combine an ESP and a data network makes sense, especially for a business like mine that uses email as a daily form of marketing and communication with customers. Since it ties directly into Shopify, Facebook and other channels, it really does help conglomerate the data in one spot.

Cons

Zaius is clearly still evolving and the features can use some improvement. The organization of campaigns makes it relatively difficult to understand unless you are implementing all the campaigns. Filters and behaviors are powerful but not the easiest to learn. We've had times where their data servers have been bogged down, making work on the fly difficult on occasion. However, in the time we've been with Zaius, they have continued to make improvements. They are certainly one of the more expensive ESPs out there.

Stephen C.

Highly recommended Email/CRM platform for online retailers

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

We were able to increase email revenue substantially and develop better customer retention practices with lifecycle emails. (post purchase follow-up, winback, abandonment and customized product suggestions). Some time saved as well thru having a reliable partner where the client didn't have to figure out every aspect of campaign out for themselves.

Pros

Very high support level from account managers and their internal customer service. Higher than the competition. The platform is very flexible with intricate personalization possible. We've been able to get very creative and hyper targeted with campaigns because of that. For example, created an email blast called Price Drop where we targeted viewers who browsed a product page months earlier and then, sent them a notification that the same item "just went on sale" and was available.

Cons

No huge negatives to speak of. The only gripe would be that we spend so much time on developing email blasts that it's been difficult to carve time for the advanced reporting capabilities of Zaius.

Keiron M.

Powerful behavioral analytics and campaign management for B2C CRM

Reviewed on 2017/10/09

Pros

Flexible UI that allows complex analysis of our event stream data. We love the attribution modeling and funnels. It's great to be able to take our behavioral insights and use them within Zaius to drive campaigns to reach our customers. They have a full set of APIs through which we can access all our data and reports, making it easy to integrate Zaius with other tools.

Cons

Since it's so powerful, it can take a newbie a bit of time to understand the building blocks needed to generate their own reports.

John P.

Zaius gives us a view of individual visitors across our digital channels and lets us act on it

Reviewed on 2017/10/03

Helps us drive incremental revenue with truly personalized email. Dynamic segmentation around user behavior is also a key benefit.

Pros

- Great support getting us up and running.
- Relatively easy to onboard data.
- Email authoring made a huge difference for us. We were going to have to find someone else to help with this -- but this has enabled us to do a lot more with the data we have and create much better experience for our clients

Cons

- Needs levels of access control -- we have plenty of people who should be able to run reports, for example, but we don't want them to be able to mess with templates.

Excellent platform

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

This was the best product I have encountered with the ability to dynamically analyze member/traffic data for behavioral segmentation. Zaius was a great partner with assistance and an ability to create customization within their product to suit specific business needs.

Cons

Only con would be it takes adjustment to learn terminology used by the product. This was easily overcome.

The Perfect CRM System for a Mid-Size Company

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Zaius customer support is top-notch. You will be supported by a dedicated live person that gets to know your business, not a call center (just wanted to add that!-it was a big deal for us).

Pros

After an extensive search, we recently implemented Zaius as our CRM system at our mid-size retail company. It's the perfect system for a company of our size because it has many of the features of a larger CRM platform (think SalesForce) without the unnecessary bells and whistles or HUGE investment. It scales to fit your needs. However, I have all the segmentation and automation tools I need to take my email and loyalty programs to the next level.

Cons

It's a young company so there a few tweaks in the system in terms of reporting and just overall organization of data I'd make. They seem to be very receptive to feedback from end users-so I know those adjustments are just a few updates away.

Kevin H.

Great way to jump into automated emails for Magento e-commerce websites.

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Pros

We have had great support in getting Zaius integrated with our Magento website and campaigns set up to help convert visitors that visit our website or were once a customer and have fallen off. Automations for Abandoned Cart, Browse Abandon and filtering email campaigns based on buying / browsing patterns has greatly improved our open / click through rates.

Cons

While this is a big leap ahead of where we were at, there is still some room to improve on for features, such as customer preferences for emails. One goal we have for our customers is a method to control what types of emails they receive and how often instead of simply unsubscribe from all future emails. An option to open up a preferences and check what they want to receive or "pause" emails for a period, would be a nice feature that we are seeing more and more with email subscriptions today.

Ben K.

I've been a long time customer. I implemented Zaius as a CMO in two different eCommerce businesses.

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

The quality of support is good and the fact that it's fully automated and dynamic. The editor for creating emails is very well designed.

Cons

Even though it works fine once set up, the set up phase took a while, the technical documentation is not good enough.
Overall, the onboarding process was a bit frustrating and took too long.

Jason F.

Powerful solution with capable support - differentiated in a very good way

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

The flexibility to apply its strengths to many business situations while providing meaningful and structure to assure data is actionable. So often data is simply collected or aggregated - Zaius help extend this capability to insight and action, natively.

Cons

The development roadmap is ambitious and expansive. The more you use the software the more you want to push limits, and sometimes those limits aren't ready to be pushed. Time will improve this.

Kenny S.

Flexible tool for personalized marketing delivered 3x ROI compared to other ESPs

Reviewed on 2018/01/05

Pros

Its very flexible, meaning you can create segments and campaigns that are as complex and nuanced as your business.

Cons

Because of the flexibility, some parts of the tool are hard to understand, but the great customer support and continually improving documentation make this less and less of an issue.

Collin H.

Impressive product, lots of features, great team

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

I've been using Zaius for 4 months, and so far they have lived up to every promise and then some. They have rolled out new features, like the Email builder which is very easy to use. The software is powerful, if you're a data geek you will love it. Because it is so feature rich, I needed some help getting some of the reporting set up, but my account manager is on top of everything.

This is a great platform if you have multiple sites/ brands as you can get a whole customer view and how they interact with each channel. Behavioral triggers like cart and browse abandonment are easy to set up, and we are just getting price drop emails set up as well.

I'd say they provide a lot of value and would recommend to others!

Pros

Email builder, customer service, price

Cons

not enough prebuild reporting.

Ricardo G.

The power of the platform is amusing and we can't wait to get to its full potential

Reviewed on 2018/06/04

Centralizing all our reports and email automation for e-commerce store

Pros

It's a direct to consumer-focused ESP so there are no unnecessary 'b2b' tools
Centralizing our reports is a huge pro - we can a healthy amount of reports from email, apps, and social all related to the traffic and conversions on the website
Zaius flexibility is great - we can plug in a lot of things to it to help create the eco-system

Cons

A little hard to get our head around it because it's such a flexible tool.
Integration may take some time as you're plugging in a lot of different data sources
You can't get data out of Zaius to trigger other automated actions in external tools (something they are working on)

Elizabeth S.

Zaius is a powerful product that allows businesses to gain unique insights about user behavior.

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

- Flexibility
- Email campaign manager
- Segment builder
- Granularity of user insights
- amount of data

Cons

- Very skewed toward e-commerce business models
- Email campaigns are marketing-based only, making transactional emails more difficult to incorporate into the user cycle

Mike W.

Robust & Insightful

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Pros

I participated in a trial period with this software and there was a lot that I liked about it. It was powerful in the sense that it showed how each marketing channel was impacting success. I was/am curious about top conversion paths to various goals.

Cons

There wasn't anything that I didn't like, other than that the sales rep contacted me 3-4 times a week for 4 weeks. One thing is that they would have had to build a custom report just for our situation, but I found it impressive that they were willing to accommodate our needs. We ended up not going with them because they encourage you to use their ESP so that they can track all email touchpoints (which makes sense). Our email manager elected to stay with a different platform for now, but down the road I foresee us using Zaius for our attribution needs.

7.0/10

Zaius - the future of Omni channel marketing

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Zaius is the kind of product that can only do well for you if you're using all their features extensively, have a team that is committed to improving campaign performance whether by A/Bing a bunch of different audience segments and campaign messaging, and actioning the incredible amount of insights their dashboards and customer data reports can churn out.

It's not for a company looking to invest a limited amount of time to learn how to use the product. It's not very easy to use or straightforward as compared to Klaviyo.

Pros

Love their push campaigns, customer segmentation and dashboards. Incredibly useful for businesses looking to max out lifetime value by juicing every marketing channel available - push notifications, emails, SMS, etc.

Cons

It's way too expensive for a small business to consider. With MailChimp and Shopify breaking up, Klaviyo still has a better value proposition as opposed to Zaius.

5.0/10

Good Next Step From MailChimp

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Really great at displaying data in a way that generates new ideas on ways to market to customers.

Pros

I loved how easy it was to see actionable insights at log in.

Cons

The terms they used for components of their CRM and ESP modules are not traditional, so if you are coming from another ESP or CRM system, it may take a minute to figure out what they mean. Which they had stuck with common terms.

Helped us get smarter about our Email Marketing

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Helped us be smarter about our Marketing.

Pros

Easy to use. So many capabilities. Deliverability has been excellent. Customer Service has been great. Love the segment builder to be able to build elaborate segments based on multiple criteria.

Cons

Form builder needs work, and more in depth reporting. They have both of these on the horizon and are very transparent about whats coming and when. Love that visibility.

Very powerful tool, and not so complicated to use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Now I can optimize by language the auto triggered mails I send.

Pros

They pay attention to customers feedback, so they keep implementing new features. The system is quite complex, but on the other hand is easy to do things.

Cons

Reporting:
- Speed. It takes quite a long time for the tool to present reports.
- Random errors: sometimes the info just does not display and you need to write to your Zaius manager.

Do not purchase- go to Klaviyo

Reviewed on 2019/01/16
Review Source

Pros

I cannot find any pros to this product. It was "sold" to us as a seamless integration but their team is disorganized and because the platform is new- they do not have it all together.

Cons

Everything has to be custom. With a company like Klaviyo- they have been around for a while- so they have the templates built for you. Integration is a disaster and their team pushes to go forward and go live- but the set up is not always done correctly.

0.0/10
Jonathon R.

I'm very glad I found Zaius. We were able to setup our automated email program quickly and easily.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Able to automate emails to our customers and get reporting that is necessary to run our business.

Pros

Automated Aspects and Segmentation Are Sophisticated, Design Features Are Nice, Customer Support is Great, Price is Reasonable, Data Importing is Easy

Cons

I wish they offered text SMS alert capability. They have said they are working on adding this to the platform.

Tiecen A.

Having easily accessible audience segmenting capabilities has been a game changer for our company.

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

Pros

I love the email building tools with pre-set and savable elements. Performance tracking is my favorite feature.

Cons

If I accidentally close or click off of something I'm working on, it closes without first prompting me to save my work. I'm kind of scatter-brained so I keep losing work. We need an auto-save feature.

Andrea G.