Marchex Call Tracking Reviews

Marchex Call Tracking

Call tracking for digital marketing strategies

4.5/5 (29 reviews)

Must Have Tool for Call Tracking

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

The program is easy to use and can handle high volume of information without affecting how it functions. If you run large call tracking campaigns it has the ability to be plugged into another tracking dashboard which is a huge plus! It provides stats within the program which is another plus, this allows you to quickly analyze data without having to physically do the calculations and comparisons yourself. You manage all of your information and campaigns which takes the headache out of dealing with a third party. Customer service is also really helpful in making sure you are using the program to its highest potential.

Cons

Sometimes it can glitch, and some of the features are definitely under-utilized due to accessibility. Overall I would recommend to everyone.

Good Product for Call Tracing, easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

able to track calls generated from Google Adwords ad spend and focus on getting more calls and spending less in Google Adwords. Also able to track calls generated from Facebook. Calls are recorded and interface allows for easy listening to determine quality of the call.

Pros

customer support for set up is very good, quick and simple
Keyword Level Tracking available
integrates easy enough with Google Adwords for keyword level tracking, but haven't been able to track search terms used

Cons

customer support for trouble shooting is a little difficult
interface is easy enough to use but calls data needs to be downloaded to generate reports
getting in touch with a sales person is not easy
not a lot of bells and whistles compared to other platforms

Reporting to be desired

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

marketing numbers and the ability to listen to them, the basics

Pros

It records the calls and allows you to create marketing numbers as needed. archex serves it's purpose but to sift through various calls to understand if it is a good or bad call can be daunting when a property receives 20+ calls a day. They have a service that can point out different words for a charge but I belive this should be standard to provide top of the line service to all customers.

Cons

I think the reporting could be a little more robust and organzied. Certain reports you have to click into one subject for example "by client" run a report to see another type of report pop up that you then elect and select which properties to go to. Reports are hiding and not clearly found. If you schedule reports for certian users you can't see which reports are schedueld for which user. There should also be a way to give access to only certain accounts and not one or all.

6.0/10
Rayne B.

Always received great data, service, and support!

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

Overall tracking ability. It's hard to put a value on being able to effectively track marketing campaigns, but Marchex has really made it possible for us to see what is working and what isn't. The platform has also increased our efficiency for new development transitioning.

Cons

Wish there was a little more detail on some of the reporting and how certain #s are effected. I get a fair amount of "Other" calls by status and am unsure what causes this, but it could be purely from my lack of knowledge about how that category works. I haven't done much research in the help guides regarding. I also have a hard time figuring out how my locations get categorized so I have properties that are broken out and listed just as "other" while the rest have their location names.

Megan V.

Log in to Marchex Daily for Clients and very easy to navigate through

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

I like how easy it is to listen to calls, filter and export reports for clients. Very Happy with the services that are provided for me!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind right now - If anything the fact that I have to go back to the home screen every time to search for a new client would like to have a search or drop down carry through on each page that would be helpful.

Anthony S.

Great call tracking platform with good customer support

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pre-click and post click call tracking.

Pros

The userface is relatively simple to use and easy to navigate. Pulling reports is pretty straight to the point. Customer support is also very helpful.

Cons

Pulling custom reports is difficult and hard to navigate through. I wish there was a way to automate certain reports such as call logs.

We have used Marchex to track our phone calls and have seen good results.

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Call tracking for our call center

Pros

The ability to pull reports for different criteria is helpful when we are looking for specific data. The ease of finding relevant information is helpful.

Cons

The technical support can take a while when there is a problem and we loose out on valuable data while it is being looked into.

Rob L.

Great service and support but needs a visual facelift on the UI.

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Pros

The call tracking is seamless and the reports are robust enough for us to send to clients to justify the advertising we're providing.

Cons

User interface seems dated. I think it could be cleaned up and streamlined a bit more, sometimes you really have to go digging for what you're looking for.

Gemma B.

It was such a good experience using this software

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

it helps me lot to designate the call or transfer the calls to the appropriate person. I will definitely recommend this software to the people who are planning to build their new business

Pros

I like it the most because it helps us to segregate or divide the calls to the designated person that needs to transfer the calls

Cons

I don't see any reason to like this software the least because it is very helpful in our jobs. it is a great thing using this software

Shoshana J.

Fine

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

Leads tracked by phone #, we can get phone numbers pretty quickly. Call DNA is helpful to see where you can skip to in the conversation to see when the agent or caller is speaking.

Cons

Inability to receive reports on specific data points. Customer Support does not seem eager to actually work out problems - they try to help but are limited and when you ask for something that they do not currently have, you get the feeling that your request is not being taken seriously. They tell you they will get back to you, but then sometimes their response is, sorry but we can't help you.

Joe P.

Marchex provides call tracking for all mediums needed at a great price

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Dynamic call tracking per medium, so great if you are advertising or driving traffic through various mediums.

Pros

Pricing is a great pro, being cheaper than their competitors. UI is ok not horrible to work with. Support team is pretty knowledgeable.

Cons

Seamless integration requires more technical person to manage. I have not successfully linked to my analytics account yet.

Apple M.

this software is my widely used software. I am very thankful with this one.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

the benefits i get from this software are organized work, i can easily backtrack my calls and I can print it out easily.

Pros

what i like the most about marchex is that it helps me recording my tracks. My calls are auto saved and the details like date, time, caller, status, place and others are there. Also i cant print out the details and open it in spreadsheets.

Cons

what i like the least about marchex is that its not that very handy for beginners. Tutorials and guide are needed in order to know how does it works.

Ana maria C.

Very pleasant and easy

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Being able to record all the calls and at the same time tag, score and sorting are easy. Giving our agents their assigned percentage of calls is really no sweat.

Pros

Calls are easily accessed. I could also easily review, tag and score each and every call. Call DNA is ready and it also helps to know who is calling for easy giving feedback or returning the call.

Cons

I assign call to certain people everyday and it will take several steps to go there. The percentage division also for calls is sometimes not that strict.

Brett S.

Use the system to set up numbers for our advertising clients

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

Easy to set up new numbers, rename numbers. System is easy to use and learn. Reporting feature is VERY good. The reports are visual, easy to customize, and our client like them.

Cons

Deactivating numbers is difficult. Have to follow up to make sure we aren't being charged even deactivating them.

Curran S.

Marchex has been very reliable for us, allowing us to track what we otherwise wouldn't be able to.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

The ability to track results much more easily than relying on the sales teams themselves. It removes human error.

Pros

I like that I am able to create a new number for each tactic I am developing, and that I am able to both see the numbers results as well as listen for call quality.

Cons

There are times when ordering numbers that they don't show up in the purchased numbers list. This may be an issue with us ordering too many numbers though, otherwise it works as advertised.

Sarah W.

Excellent Tool to Provide Customers a Proven Track Record of Their Marketing Campaigns

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

The ability to provide proof to our customers that their marketing dollars are being invested wisely with proven results.

Pros

The software is very flexible and allows us to create custom settings and parameters to meet the respective needs of our customers. The reports are accurate and are easy to read. The voice recordings are clear.

Cons

Not being able to click on a "help" button to read detailed information regarding a feature of the software that I may be having trouble understanding fully.

J clifford W.

Marchex provides our clients with a powerful tool to get real time insight about their customers

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Realtime understanding of customer Satisfaction. Voice of the Customer data which can help shape marketing efforts.

Pros

Easy to navigate and manipulate data. I like the way the dashboard is organized. It provides great information in real time.

Cons

Better ability to identify more specific comments in Voice of the Customer not just predetermined
categories. Some of the reporting has to be printed verses just displayed. More follow up would be helpful.

Maria M.

Great call tracking software with great support available

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

Pros

There are a lot of hidden gems that can be implemented for very sophisticated call tracking. Things such as whisper messages, dedicated messages, call alerts, and dashboard access are really good.

Cons

Set up is somewhat complex. I wish the process for setting up a call tracking number and campaign would be simpler as it's sometimes a bit confusing.

Dora T.

I find that Marchex is a great call tracking tool

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

The call tracking and segmentation capabilities. I like that I can categorise and group numbers for a clearer overview of all the calls.

Cons

The user interface is a little clunky. Hard to stop automatic reports once they have been set. Sometimes the call review feature doesn't work on Google Chrome.

Arthur C.

We like using Marchex over other providers

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

We use this on a regular basis and don't plan on switching

Pros

The software is easy to use and the customer support has been great. I also think there is a good array of toll free phone numbers.

Cons

We have had to switch out phone numbers due to bad calls coming in. Some of those calls were robo calls so the numbers must have been added to a list.

A powerful call-tracking platform

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Pros

From ordering tracking numbers to listening to calls to downloading call data, Marchex offers the full package that's needed when it comes to call-tracking. I appreciate the utility of the platform. One thing that marchex provides that I wish other call tracking platforms offer is a visual representation of talk time on each call - it distinguishes between the caller, the answerer, and ringing, which helps to make skipping through calls to judge their quality much easier and more efficient.

Cons

In my experience, Marchex is certainly a utilitarian platform - it is somewhat clunky and not the easiest to navigate. Finding where everything is located can take a bit of time to sort out, as the design is not the most intuitive that I've encountered.

Natalie D.

Easy, efficient, manageable

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/22

We use this software to set up numbers for our clients daily, so it's extremely useful in our day to day activities.

Pros

It's easy to maneuver and understand, and it gets the job done quickly. The numbers I order for our clients come quickly. I've also used the customer service before and they were very helpful at answering my question.

7.0/10

It tracks your phone calls simply after learning the basics and implementing the product.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Easy to track calls. Wish it had more optimizations.

Pros

After figuring it out, it is easy to use and easy to add new numbers and make sure the calls are routed correctly.

Cons

Customer support wasn't very helpful. I also wish that it had more customization opportunities for reporting.

Argyll S.

Marchex is really a great help on my work

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

i can recall important info

Pros

what i like the most about this software is that i am able to track back all my phone calls whenever i need to.

Cons

what i like the least about this software is when i shift from one tab for a long time, when i get back to it, it seems like i have to start from the start again.

Carolanne F.

Marchex helps me compare marketing campaigns to make better decisions

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

Comparing calls by timeline. The ability to know how soon, and how often, and how long a campaign generates calls has led decisions in our marketing.

Cons

The organization filter can give strange results, but I suspect this is a question of how we've set it up instead of how the software is set up.