Showing 43 reviews of 33

Jackrabbit Music

Online music school management software

Showing 43 reviews of 33
Sarah W.

I Love Jackrabbit

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Before Jackrabbit, we used 4 different databases. Jackrabbit has made our lives SO much easier!

Pros

Jackrabbit has made it SO easy for our piano school to maintain our database, keep in touch, and bill our customers.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the way that registration fees are set up. We are forced to use another software for our classes that have different fees, which is inconvenient.

Jason N.

Web based account management software with good, web-based accessibility

Reviewed on 2017/11/19

Easy access. Fast interface.

Pros

Easily access accounts from the web. Fast interface and well laid out. JR is good about adding features and making them relevant. Customer service is good and fast to respond.

Cons

1) There is no way to export TAX to quickbooks!!!! This is a HUGE problem. Every month we need to make a separate manual entry that tracks the tax.

2) The Revenue Summary (and similar) reports are terrible. The groupings are very difficult to read. It should have a nice format according to CAT1, 2, 3 for easy sub-totaling. It also needs to break-out the taxes.

3) The export to excel for the reports is very bad. The function outputs data to excel, but the data is so poorly dumped out that it is almost not usable.

4) CAT2 and 3 cannot be exported to Quickbooks! Why?

5) Forces us to use Global as credit card merchant. I wish there was an alternative. Refunds and linking payments is cumbersome.

6) The scheduling tool needs improvement

7) Instructor time report needs to have a total number of hours

Lachelle Y.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

They continue to improve!

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

They have made a lot of upgrades and continue to meet the needs of their customers.

Pros

All their systems work together. It is a one-stop program and integrate everything within the studio. I got rid of my Quickbooks, merchant account, outside scheduler when I moved to Jackrabbit. I could get rid of our communications systems except it would be too hard to move everyone over at this point.

Cons

We do group classes and private lessons. Even thought they say they handle private instruction, they don't do it well. So if a student wants to take an every other week lesson, those are all separate class enrollments. So in that case, it is not friendly to a private studio. We had been with them before and for another program due to this. We came back because we needed an integrated system. I figured we'd come up with a work around.

George R.

Jackrabbit is great!

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Excellent.

Pros

Tons of functionality and the BEST customer service.

Cons

It’s not the most intuitive, and those who aren’t computer savvy often have trouble in it.

Elke C.

Customer Service has been nothing short of fantastic.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

I like the customer service and the continuous improvement of your software based on customer suggestions.

Cons

That there is no way to filter out toxic families when creating email reports for active or inactive families OR when archiving families to a lead file. There is no way to put toxic families into another category so they can't re-enroll again. This is easily one of your largest discrepancies and has caused turmoil for us as well as another businesses we know who has used this software. We have considered switching to Apple's new software because the other business we know crumbled due to this defect in your software. Other than that your software is fantastic!

Timothy M.
  • Industry: Music

Jackrabbit is our best option for managing a growing Lesson Studio.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

Billing and managing accounts is a snap. It is nice to have a snapshot of all instructor schedules comma as well as a bird's eye view of the entire program.

Cons

Because of the multi-purpose nature of the software, some of the more powerful and useful features are sometimes difficult to find.

Jennissa V.

For the past 10 years Jackrabbit has been a bennificial part of our business.

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Sanity. Time.

Pros

We love the client portal, the recital helper, the ability to keep track of roll and makeups. The ability to communicate in multiple ways to our families.

Cons

Missing some features that would help make the recital process easier. It does not export or mail merge easily.

Valerie M.

Jackrabbit review

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

My overall experience with Jackrabbit Music is that the software is good and easy to use.

Pros

The thing that I like about Jackrabbit is that it is easy to use and it is easy to function when doing attendance and logging in your hours.

Cons

The thing that I don't like about Jackrabbit is that it dose not remind you to take attendance and logging in your hours.

Theresa C.

Saves time and money!

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

My business has gotten easier and easier to manage as a result of using Jackrabbit Class. It is the lifeline of my business, and I couldn't do without my Jackrabbit!!

Pros

I've been a loyal Jackrabbit user for over 10 years now. We chose the program because of its powerful capabilities and proven track record. With an enrollment of nearly 700 families, I love having so much data about every student in our music school at just a click away. The reports, Staff Portal, online registration, and ease of billing/collection have saved me countless hours and therefore, so much money! Best of all, Jackrabbit Support is unparalleled - accessible, responsive, and always super helpful. I have also benefited tremendously from the regular software reviews that Jackrabbit offers. Jackrabbit really listens to their customers too, always making enhancements that make the software easier and better to use!

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, and Jackrabbit doesn't have some of the slick add-on's that other software offers, but it's other features and benefits outweigh this, in my mind.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thanks for your help in spreading the good word about Jackrabbit! We love it when our clients get great value from using our software and we hope that you continue to thrive and benefit from your Jackrabbit experience.

Melanie C.

Music School User

Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Pros

I love that all of my student and staff information is in one place. I can email, run payments, check schedules, clock hours in one spot. The interface with Quickbooks is easy, too. We are new to student portals and connecting resources for virtual learning, but so far that is going well.

Cons

There is not much space available for uploading resources for students into their class. However, I have not checked in to see if there is an option to upgrade. You are able to link to Dropbox or Youtube which is a good alternative.

Maggie W.

Steep learning curve

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Some people on our team really struggle with it. Setting up classes is very time-consuming. Once you know how to set up the classes so the billing and registration work well, it's easier.

Pros

I've had excellent experiences with customer support. The training modules are also very helpful. It's worth investing time into those modules and getting the certifications.

Cons

There are a lot of aspects of the admin interface/dashboard/calendar that I do not care for. I am still finding features that would have been helpful to know about before, but they were sort of hidden in the menus (which are awkwardly named). It would be very helpful to have a feature that lets you "test drive" the Parent Portal - to get a handle on what the viewer sees. Right now we have to set it up on the back end and then log in with a test account, which is not very convenient.

Ruth L.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

This is a great product for helping us to manage our non-profit music education organization.

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

JackRabbit makes it much easier to manage our class lists and billing for our music education organization.

Pros

JackRabbit is very easy to use. It is simple to find and enter information. Our families can log in and view their information and make payments as needed. It is also pretty powerful and flexible. I like the customizable fields which help us capture essential information unique to our organization. There is a good variety of reports available, and being able to export information to Excel is essential for creating our own reports. We have some unique billing needs, and we have been able to manage those with JackRabbit. I also like the ability to manage security at a very granular level so that people can access exactly what they need and no more. They also seem to be making frequent improvements to the software, so it feels that they really want this product to be the best it can be in meeting the needs of their customers. We are a non-profit organization, so having this be an affordable option is a really good deal for us!

Cons

I wish we had the ability to create our own reports within the software itself instead of exporting the data and creating our own reports using Microsoft Access.

• Industry: Music

I appreciate the comprehensive integration of billing and scheduling on the same platform.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Billing and scheduling integration

Pros

Clear layout of data. Very accessible multi-level data!! Excellent record keeping and reporting ability!!

Cons

The scheduler could benefit from "drag and drop" functionality, but I suspect that it is not available for good reason.
The retail integration is a bit clumsy

• Industry: Performing Arts

Perfect for class management

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

Pros

Gives me all the data I need to manage classes, pull reports, and gather data to make informed decisions for the business.

Cons

Could have a better UI. The contest is there. But usability could be improved. But that's minor and not enough to convince me to switch to another tool.

Jared S.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great features, difficult to use

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Pros

I like that recurring payments are included.

Cons

Website is difficult to use. Ugly interface and poor UX in general.

Nancy J.

I would not want to run my music school without Jackrabbit! It saves me time and money!

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Pros

What I like most is the amount of time I save using Jackrabbit. I can post monthly tuition fees for 900 students, and collect the money on the first of the month(credit cards and bank drafts) in less than 30 minutes! I love that Jackrabbit can export financial data to Quickbooks, which saves me from re-entering data. I love the lesson scheduling, which can keep track of future drops and future enrolls. Because we have so many families with the same last name, I love that it keeps student_family_transactions all in one place to avoid errors. I love the extensive reporting capabilty. I could go on, but you get the idea. If you tried to take it away from me, you would have a fight on your hands.

Cons

It is a little bit pricey. On makeup lessons, it would be helpful to be able to record a "partial makeup", for example if the student is owed a 30 minute lesson, and the instructor is able to give a 15 minute makeup, it would be nice to be able to keep track of that.

Sabine K.

I am using the software now for 8 years

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

this software simple and easy to use once you get use to it. It gives you a quick overview of weekly schedule per teacher and all students enrolled. You have the whole family profile and can do all the accounting like invoices and collecting fees. You can also can communicate with families and leads with a click of the button.

Cons

it can be overwhelming especially at the beginning, but they have a great support staff. I really can't say any other negative things. If there is something that need improvement they start working on it.

Quinn R.

Jackrabbit Music is a Must Have for Large Music Schools

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Jackrabbit Music is a coordinating platform which allows for easy tracking and management of registrations, paychecks, and customer help. In my experience, it rarely experiences server latency and allows for quick and efficient corporate communication!

Pros

Jackrabbit provides fluid workflow and quick payments. It's interface for invoicing customers is particularly easy to use!

Cons

Some data, such as appointment and scheduling data can be difficult to modify. I have run into a few cases in which a cancelled lesson or tardy tag could not be removed

Sara K.

Easy, Helpful, Complete

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

I love the quick and easy financial reports and the way we can organize and bill our clientele.

Pros

What I love about JackRabbit is how helpful and prompt their customer service has been, time and time again, since I began using their service in 2014. A close second place is the excellent organization and all the various tools at my fingertips. My administrator and I both use JR and enjoy how we can quickly find our clients and customize our financial reports.

Suzy B.

Not Intuitive

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

I don't love the aesthetic. And again, it is not very user friendly. I like that it has so many options and can be used for so many different things, it just feels like you need to be very thoroughly trained.

Pros

I like the class management. Seeing exactly who is enrolled in each session is fairly simple.

Cons

It is not intuitive at all. Once you learn the ins and outs of JR life becomes a lot easier, but until then, it is not very user friendly.