Boardpro

Online board meeting management for SMBs and Non Profits

John W.

Good governance enabler

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

Has made role as Chair so much simpler and meeting management more effective.
Boardpro (the team) really responsive to queries, and the response is rapid. This also makes Boardpro a standout.

I'm careful about recommending stuff to people, but I do mentoring on governance for not for profit organisations. I have no hesitation in advising them to get on to Boardpro. Not for profits are really reluctant to invest in overheads, but there is real value in the productivity gain in investing in this software. In my view, it also makes life easier for volunteer trustees, who deserve having their lives made easier given their freely-given time from busy lives.

Pros

Well thought through and designed. Provides a structured way to get information in front of Board members. Able to store Board files, and to search previous meeting documentation and decisions. Great automated task tracker, and terrific job of managing minutes. Ability to annotate papers useful, esp if using tablet or touch screen.

Cons

Search facility seems a bit hit and miss - does not seem to find documents unless title expressed accurately and in full.

Response from BoardPro

Hello John,
Thanks for your comprehensive review and thanks again for joining the BoardPro family of users around the world.

Therese W.

Can't go wrong with BoardPro

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

BoardPro has made our board meetings not only efficient but also fulfils our governance needs in an easy and practical way. We have easy searchable access to documents, actions and meeting notes.

Pros

BoardPro is easy to learn and use even for the technically challenged. It's easy to set up. Value for money pricing. Excellent help and support. Features are being added and improved regularly. There is no limit to the space you can utlise. Love the app so I can add my own personal notes and questions to the board pack. The recent addition of voting and virtual meeting access is great.

Cons

I'd like to have some integrated collaboration tools and the ability to select specific access elements for people.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Therese,
It was a real pleasure to receive your considered review. Thank you.

Sandy G.

We set up a number of new subcommittees this year so lots more agendas and meetings. Yay...

Reviewed on 2017/11/22

Pros

The time saved and the ease of preparing agendas and minutes. And a system to keep track of the actions is great. We used to do all of that manually so we're streets ahead of where we were. We set up 4 new subcommittees this year so having BoardPro has been hugely helpful. Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems but those are steadily being worked through. I find that I don't need to get in touch with the Help Desk as often and clearly things are working well for us. Another great BoardPro feature is the ability to access it so readily from any of your electronic devices and from any location. I’m an administrator so I can complete an agenda at work or at home and, later, access the minutes to work on and simply pick up from where I left off. And my colleagues can be working on it at the same time too.

Cons

Initially, there was a steady stream of minor and major bugs/teething problems, but I have to say those are steadily being worked through. I still get frustrated that there's no Undo button when I'm typing the minutes straight into BoardPro - I've lost work several times due to hitting the wrong area of the touch pad, which is a real pain. Ultimately, its important that our governors are happy with the software. They readily express their frustrations if they're unhappy, e.g. the page numbering in the board packs - the minutes have one set of numbering and the board packs have another. They also get confused about the different action points lists - in a board pack, there's a list of actions raised in the meeting at the end of the previous minutes (very useful). Then there's a list of actions reviewed in this meeting, plus an Action Item List. I don't clearly understand the distinction and if I'm not clear then I can't explain it and the governors start talking about other software options. That's not in my interest as I've invested lots of time and effort in getting BoardPro to work for us. For me, the action item reminders to owners are great. Because owners don't always react to their actions, (tongue in cheek), it would be good if it incorporated a graphic like a time bomb going off under a chair. That might prompt people to update/action their actions! :)

Response from BoardPro

HI Sandy, thanks so much for your considered feedback. I sent your feedback to our COO who will discuss with the team.

Geoff B.

On Cloud 9 thanks to BoardPro

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Before we bought into BoardPro we had large monthly Board Books that not only consumed time and paper but were inflexible once published. The ease of creating, updating , and minuting meetings on-line is a liberation for the GM. Board Members no longer need to tote books around the country and refer to additional sheets of paper. They can annotate their meeting papers on screen and arrive at the meeting with everything they need and all actions completed thanks to the Action Items auto email reminders.

Pros

Using BoardPro is easy and intuitive to use but when you do hit a brick wall the comprehensive 'help' articles solve most problems. Beyond self help, the chat-line is so prompt and effective that it should be held up as THE bench mark for customer service - it's friendly, nimble and one of the team will even call you if you are really stuck.

Cons

The inflexibility of drop down dialogue boxes means that they get in the way when you need to see something that they are blocking - drag and drop would be a great addition.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Geoff,
Thanks for your review. We pride ourselves on our customer service so it was great to see your comment "THE benchmark for customer service".
Thanks again

Sally K.

Comprehensive, professional Board management AND more time. Win-Win.

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Great customer service for a tech-tragic such as myself. Very patient and proactive. A benefit of being nimble and and smaller than others. Good value for money.

My Board members love the ease and can be confident we are exceeding the requirements of our constitution.

Pros

Small non-profits really struggle to manage Boards, as the reporting requirements are so demanding. Boardpro revolutionises this by automating all the time consuming notices, action points, minute taking and associated functions. Probity is preserved, risk lowers substantially and productivity is greatly improved. Love the new functionality of minutes that can be created between formal meetings.

Cons

Very little. Perhaps a more graphically interesting format might help, but functionality is great

Response from BoardPro

Hi Sally, thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We particularly enjoyed your comments regarding our support team!. We try hard to go above and beyond when it comes to supporting our customers around the world.

Gaelle D.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A Big Fan

Reviewed on 2019/09/02

The record keeping and consistency of information is the greatest asset to the small organisations as they often do not have the administrative fire power to keep everything consistent.

It has stopped the "reinvention of the wheel" that each new administration person often tries to bring to the orrganisation.

It has meant that funders (& auditors) can given access to records during audit processes and they are up today and accurate.

Pros

This software is so special for small community organisations.

It is affordable and it is an open and transparent record of the organisations activities, accountabilities and history.

It keeps all the governance team informed and up to date. It makes the communication easier and consistent. And is especially good record keeping for any annual audits regarding processes and record keeping.

This has been a real boost to the professionalism of the small organisations that I have encouraged to take this software on board.

Cons

Sometimes, if governance members are not using it often, they do get a bit confused as to the process.

If there could be a scaled down, simpler version for very small organizations?

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your feedback Gaelle,
It does take time for some board members to come around to a new way of doing things. Remember, we do offer free training sessions specifically for board members. We run these each week. To book a session simply reach out to the team on chat

Thanks again

Sarah G.
  • Industry: Executive Office

Most affordable and easy to use meeting management tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

The ability to assign actions to clients and create board packs in order to run structured meetings with esse of regernve to documents for multiple companies that we provide advisory services to.

Cons

There isn't an area for users to update their action items with a comment.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Sarah, thanks for your great review. As actions are part of minutes, you can't add comments. The best way to update actions is to pass your comments back to the administrator who can then update the action. Reach out on chat if you need help with this

Wyn O.

A simple way to raise the quality of our governance.

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Our organisation has a parent entity and four subsidiaries. BoardPro has greatly improved the manner in which we prepare for, conduct, and report on the Board meetings that we hold.

Pros

BoardPro helps organise the process of governance. It is easy to use and it drives both the process of decision-making and the record keeping function across the various key activities of governance.

Cons

A very small thing, when adding a Governance document to the Agenda it provides a link rather than draws down a copy of the document. We are looking forward to the release of the Board calendar function.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks Wyn, we can't wait to release the new calendar functionality. We have it in test at the moment. Let us know if you would like to review the project BETA.
Sean

Mark J.

Board Pro Review - Not-For-Profit

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

Excellent - it just works exactly as it says it does!

Pros

We can now update and publish Board Papers for Directors & Management seamlessly without cutting down more trees to print hard copies! The ability for everyone to annotate papers on their own devices - tablet, laptop, mobile - gives us all the flexibility that we need. We absolutely love the ability to preview documents with just one or two recipients before publishing to a wider group - overall, it's significantly reduced our time to put Board Papers together!

Cons

Sharing annotated notes among sub-groups may prove useful for us moving forward (e.g. Board or Management Committees).

Response from BoardPro

Hi Mark,
Thanks for taking the time to complete a comprehensive review. The 'notes sharing' function is on our roadmap.

Wilson M.

Boardpro Software for School Boards

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Overall our experience in using the Boardpro software has been a good one. The meeting have been easier to arrange with everything electronic and in one place. Efficiencies have been achieved and the time of the Headmasters PA and myself have been halved in getting the papers organised and out to the Board for meetings.

Pros

The software allows me to generate an agenda for Board Meetings, attach all related documentation, turn this into a pack for the Board at the press of a button and then take the minutes of the meeting all in the same place.
It creates a permanent record of the information including a record of decisions. Action points can be recorded when raised and the system tracks these and sends reminders between meetings.
The repository for permanent documents such as policies, constitutions and other reference material for the Board is also a very useful feature that is utilised during meeting to clarify points raised.

Cons

The software works best with Directors/Board meetings and takes a bit of manipulating to cater for an AGM or members meeting. The distinction between a Director and a member of a company is hard to sort in the standard terminology used in the program.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Wilson
Thankyou for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. Much appreciated.

Hans W.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

BoardPro - Profound Bang for you buck

Reviewed on 2020/08/24

Pros

It is so easy to use. Organizing our board meetings, documents, action points etc etc, could not be easier. I could not be without it.

Cons

I have no concerns at all. There is nothing I liked least.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Hans, thanks for your review and thanks again for helping us with the video.

The BoardPro team,

John L.

Once its set up Board Pro helps elevate your Boards thinking

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

It has reduced my work load, made my life easier and helped elevate our Boards engagement.

Pros

Production of Board Packs is quick and we can easily reference previous decisions.

Overall Board Pro has probably saved we 2-3hrs of work per meeting. The flow on result is that the Boards focus has also elevated due to our ability to more easily give them access to information, rather than sending lots of emails & attachments.

The Board Members are more engaged as we store all governance related documents in the documents section for members to access.

We would not return to the old practice of scanning Board Packs as pdfs,. Based on our experience and the price I dont see us looking for an alternative option.

Cons

The initial set up took sometime, entering all the Board Members details and setting up the Agenda etc. Once done this has been fantastic.

Response from BoardPro

Hi John,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We appreciated your kind words

Areta K.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Feedback for Boardpro

Reviewed on 2019/10/14

For the purpose it was set up for it is great. I first experienced Boardpro through our Church. As a Marae committee we are well placed to adapt this programme to our needs. Maybe you could add some Maori labels for users in the Company section.

Pros

Technology is here to stay. We are a Maori Marae Committee on the East Coast outside of Gisborne. The layout of Boardpro is easy to read and use. Most of our members coming on are computer literate. It seemed best to retire leaving them with a too that works for our Committee. Im sure we would be one of the few Maori Marae Committee using your software. Your friendly support service is fantastic. I couldn't find answers as a Maori Organisation to fit your Company questions. We represent the Haapu of Ngati Konohi.
We have many volunteers not employees. Would love to host a visit for you all.

Cons

It was easy to read and follow for an absolute novice (that's me). It is set out clearly ad with little computer knowledge was easy to follow. I really enjoyed being able to talk to a live person or answer to the questions provided. Once completed ones minutes looked very well set out and easy to ready.. I applaud the "Action" sheet.

Response from BoardPro

KIa Ora Areta, kei te pai,
It was a real pleasure reading your review. I have passed your great comments on to the support team who I know will be thrilled.

Nga mihi ki a koe

Brett H.

A Sensible move for Boards

Reviewed on 2020/09/20

Greatly improved efficiency as a director on several boards and managing minutes and agendas easy as a Chair

Pros

Can manage multiple entities easily
Board Pro notes software is great
Ongoing improvements

Cons

Would be good if it could enable viewing of Pages, Numbers and Excel without having to download

Response from BoardPro

Hi Brett,
Thanks for your comments.

Ann H.

BoardPro Review

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

BoardPro has simplified creating the monthly Board pack with the template system. The Board like the system of downloading the board papers ahead of the meeting, referring back to previous minutes and papers.

Pros

BoardPro has simplified our system for board papers, agendas and minutes for our monthly Board meetings. The templates make creating the agenda and Board Pack and the ease of sending it out so easy and time efficient. Producing the minutes after the meeting using the same template is very simple.

I also like how we can upload all our Governance documents etc for the Board to access and read at any time. This has saved a lot of time responding to emails from Board members requesting documents or previous minutes.

Cons

The template using existing Board members makes uploading old Board meeting agenda and minutes difficult. Takes longer to manually upload documents.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your great review on Capterra Ann.

Emma S.
  • Industry: Research

BoardPro

Reviewed on 2020/02/10

The BoardPro support team are exceptional - always quick to respond to any queries, and to work to find solutions. Really happy with the overall package.

Pros

It is very intuitive to use, with a really pleasing user interface. It's easy to build up the agenda, and edit at a later stage, adding additional agenda items or files as needed, and then to generate and send out the Board Pack. It makes it easy to be organised, and to produce a professional Board Pack. It is super simple to look back on previous meetings and files, and to find what we need. And the Action Items are great.

Cons

There's very little I don't like. In any product, there will always be additional features that might be useful, but at this stage, there are no dealbreakers for us.

Julie P.

Make your life easier!

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

Definitely efficiency. It takes much less time for board packs to be prepared and senior team members can add in papers in their own time - great for those who like to plan well in advance. The board pack is presented in a more professional manner and thank goodness the days of sending hard copies of papers out are gone! An on-line record is always kept of the board packs with no extra effort.

Pros

The ease of uploading board papers and the way they are presented. The board meeting has a much better flow as everyone can easily access any paper - even if the agenda occasionally runs out of order.

Cons

If you have to add in later papers, they are created in a 'new' set of board papers. If a board member has written notes on the original set, they have to refer back to different papers if the board pack isupdated with late items prior to the meeting.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Julie,
Thanks for your review. We have passed on your comments to our product development team.

Donna M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

not for profit

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

excellent

Pros

as board member come and go everything is in one place and easy to find

Cons

the new timeline of way meetings are laid out the old way was more user friendly

Response from BoardPro

Hi Donna,
Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this on to the UI team.

Nathan M.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great Product across a variety of entities

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

Excellent, I'd thoroughly recommend any entity with a Board structure that still runs a manual reporting system to give this a crack, you won't look back.

Pros

I like the way I can access BoardPro as a one-stop shop for the various Boards's I'm involved with. Our own company uses it, some of our investee businesses use it, and a Charitable Trust I'm involved with also uses it.

The various entities all find it easy to build (and/or amend) agendas in preparation for meetings.

It also monitors Action Points very well, so nothing's lost.

The Trust formerly had paper reports which could easily run to ~ 150 pages, printed for 9 trustees, 'we were cutting a tree down' each month!

Cons

Nothing comes immediately to mind.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Nathan,
Your review was awesome thanks.

Grant M.

Board Pro Review

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

Overall a very good product.

Pros

Moving initially from a paper based board pack to an email pack and finally to Board Pro has been a big step forward for us as an organisation. Everything in one place stops the shuffling of papers. Board members can make notes and highlight areas of interest prior to the meeting. Using Board Pro has been a big step forward for our Governance board.

Cons

It took a little while to convince some Board members to give the programmes a chance. Initially we received quite a few emails, one Board member felt they were being spammed.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Grant,
Thanks for your review. Great to see Hockey Northland getting value from our software.

Dave B.

Best Practice Board Reporting at a Fraction of the Price

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

BoardPro drives our governance reporting in a tidy, timely and cost efficient manner. It's been great.

Pros

As a cloud based resource Boardpro allows all our Directors and their respective support teams to access board papers and make comments/mark-ups effortlessly without printing 100's of pages needlessly. It's standardized best practice design helps drive better governance.

Cons

In early days there were several feature lacking - the BoardPro team has listened and now gotten well ahead of what we think is missing to actually providing new features we love but would never have thought of asking for.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Dave, thanks for your great comments. The development team has been working hard this year to add new functionality to BoardPro.

Shelley C.

Best investment ever

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Hugely positive from the get go. Easy to set up and very intuitive to use.

Pros

Board Pro has taken the angst and stress out of putting board packs together and sending them out. No more lost courier packs, all GMs load their own board papers and then I curate the pack and send it out. I think it has saved us more than a days work per Board meeting so everyone is happy.

Cons

some board members still find the annotation problematic.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Shelley,
Thanks for your great feedback and review on BoardPro.I particularly like your comments about "saving a days work". We have this reported often by our many clients around the world.

Best Regards

Michael W.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

BoardPro is just great

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Overall extremely positive. Great feedback from Directors and others. No problems with loading and accessing Board papers (this was always an issue before Boardpro was installed).

Pros

Ease of use, speed with which meeting agendas can be compiled, papers prepared and Boardpacks consolidated, ability to put annotations onto Agenda papers and preserve them until meeting starts, ease of access to important governance documents, automatic follow up on outstanding Action Items. easy handling of last minute agenda changes and late papers.

Cons

Lack of flexibility about design of look and feel of the minutes. Editing of Minutes sometimes a problem since not all parties have ready access to being able to edit pdf files and are not familiar enough with the construction back end to be able to edit on-line via login.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your great feedback. I have passed your comments over to our COO

Lee J.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy, Efficient, Confidential Centralised Storage of Information

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Running various different group meetings and committees, this system makes it easy to store, access and update all the relevant meeting information at any time. It was exceptionally beneficial during lockdown.

Pros

Anyone with authority can access the information from anywhere at any time.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to figure out how to add and delete people from the groups.

Response from BoardPro

Hi lee,
Thanks for your Capterra review. Reach out anytime on chat if you need a hand.

Julie C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Boardpro has become an office our record library

Reviewed on 2019/06/25

Overall the product is easy to use, a great source of holding documents for future reference.

Pros

Holds records of all our historic meetings and minutes can be captured directly during a meeting. There is the option to make changes as needed and import documents and text from other documents. This saves a lot of time in compiling information for a meeting. Once you start using it you won't be able to go without it.

Cons

It takes a while to get used to the outlay of the navigation page but it gets easier with each use.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Julie, thanks for your awesome review. We are constantly working on the user interface to make things easier for our users. Thanks again for your feedback.