Remote Desktop Manager

IT management tool to centralize & launch remote connections

Brent Q.

Great RDP Management tool that grew into anything PAM solution.

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Multiple users at multiple locations all who have the keys to various client systems and need to insure that we can all access them (subject to restrictions the admin places) and if one gets updated by a consultant that the change is captured and documented. Beside the automatic sharing of an update, if something stops working you can see who modified the entry and check why it is not working. If change was a mistake you simply roll the change back via the history feature. I had someone delete 200+ entries by mistake and five minutes later they were back.

Pros

It has a very rich set of features and capabilities for connection to systems needed to manage both internal systems and devices. More importantly client VPNs, credentials, connections, various other key details, and PowerShell scripts to enable a multiplier effect for my efforts to the entire organization. If I get one thing working for me, by adding it to RDM it is available for all users (if allowed) in my company. This leads to the next most favorite, granular controls over almost every aspect (if you choose) of the information stored in the system.

Cons

It does not handle moving from one network state to another gracefully. Meaning when running one VPN session and it ends, you might find yourself disconnected from the Management Server and if you were not offline, it clears your entries till you reconnect. This reconnect is easy but manual so it can be an issue.

Ariyan T.

Best for using multiple IP addresses from one pc

Reviewed on 2020/09/17

The expariance of this software is realThe experience of this software is really good. I love to say that, Everyone should use this.ly good. i love to say that, Everyone should use this.

Pros

I like there connecting option. it was amazing. I can use multiple IP from may one pc. I can use this for my official use. it's very helpful

Cons

there not big least think about this. But sometimes they take too many time to access.I think this is for my connection technical problem.

Joseph N.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Operate your PC from Miles away

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

It is a golden tool for remote control. A tool that takes over most of the human worries regarding access to documents.

Pros

The Remote Desktop Manager (RDM) is a must-have tool for anyone heading or operating a big organization with multiple users who need access to the company's information, yet with care to maintain privacy and security of the information.
One of the major advantages of using the RDM, as I have encountered in my organization, is that this app lets the user operate their PC from remote locations, while the passwords are still secure. If the company has more than one person who needs to access the main computer, they can do so with the help of the RDM, without the company head worrying about the security of the documents...
Further, the software eradicates the need for keeping so many passwords in the admin's closets, for with RDM, the system can securely manage the passwords on behalf of the IT department or the company head.
Not to forget, this software is very efficient in time and space, since no one needs to walk to the main computer to get access to files stored in it. They all can access them from wherever they are with RDM.
Finally, the software is very easy to install and set up, and may not require expert skills to operate. The users can easily set up the system with just minimal help.
Not to forget however, the app is fairly cost-effective, unlike the traditional remote access software.

Cons

The software, however, is demanding in processor and system capacity; to serve several devices remotely, controlling and governing access to each of them, the system must be of high processing and speed capacity. As such, the software may not be used on small computers.

John K.

Remote Desktop Manger the remote session app that does everything except carry the kitchen...

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Ever since I discovered Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager around 3 years ago ive not looked at any alternatives since as ive not had too and to add to that Devolutions are improving it all the time with new releases nearly every month which expands the feature list further as well as fixing bugs and like. Really you need to trial it to understand how much its way beyond most of the competition remote session managers and ive not even come close to utilising RDM 100%.

Pros

For me the main draw of Devolutions Remote Desktop Manger is the sure depth of its feature list and supported apps and services it can work with, its not just for managing RDP sessions. Ive been able to add sessions, credentials, links, syncronisers the list goes on so its like a multi tool for the IT admin.

Cons

The only down side for myself who is an IT freelance was the cost of the enterprise edition. I wasnt able to afford it for a long time so had to make do with the free edition but that still did everything i needed it to do as a daily driver app.

Thomas H.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Remote Desktop Manager is the only tool needed for connecting to any remote machine.

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Overall, I find it the best, most comprehensive tool for any administrator for maintaining connections to remote machines. It's built in Password Vault and Generator make password management seemless and trivial even while maintaining best practices (including nonsense strings of arbitrary size, rotated regularly, and a different string for each server). And it even supports multifactor authentication mechanisms (though it is limited to only certain MFA Vendors, for now at least).

Pros

Multi-protocol support for connecting to any machine.

Cons

The complexity. Due to the sheer number of options and alternative ways of accomplishing the same/similar tasks, it can be difficult to determine the correct way to set up a connection. However, once setup properly, it never needs done again for that connection.

Sean O.

It's the product to beat for system administrators looking to manage remote resources

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Pros

Every now and then, a piece of software comes along that genuinely saves time and makes things easier. Remote Desktop Manager is absolutely one of these products. I've been using RDM for many years and it's my single go-to application for managing not just remote desktops, but SFTP connections, cloud resources, online applications, printers and more. It's very customisable. The product has many built in connection types, but you can also create your own with scripts and chain commands together.

Cons

There's very little I'd say I dislike. The program isn't the fastest to load, but I spend all day within its user interface so it's not something I experience often.

• Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

One of the best software i use.

Reviewed on 2018/06/02

It save me so much hassles when connecting to remote and local services.

Pros

The software supports so many connections types. It provides for cascading credentials so i can create connections and then move them around between folders when i migrate connections from different environment, saving me time and money when i do migrations. It can test connectivity and react accordingly when trying to connect saving hassle when using my laptop from remote locations.

Cons

I have not found any real cons on this software. Although you may find some minor bugs every once in a while they are usually fixes very quickly.

Jason F.

RDM is the tool every IT team needs.

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

The ability to manage hundreds of remote resources from one console.

Pros

RDM allows easy access to all your remote resources. It has a full library of connection tools so you can connect and manage your resources. The ability to share your connection info with others, and their cloud storage tools are very useful as well. The software is updated often, so you always have the latest connection tools.

Cons

RDM works and is decently priced. There aren't really any cons to this.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Pros

I like that it makes it easier for me to work remotely because I am able to log into my office computer from home instead of lugging a laptop back in forth (for the days I have to work in-office) or having my password information stored on two different PC’s (which is very risky).

Cons

The complexity needed for the password is a little outrageous, but I understand why it has to be. Protection from hackers and data breaches. Other than that it’s great.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The gold standard for remote desktop software

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

It is rock solid, and connects up each time. I have never had any issues with using it. I can copy and paste from the remote to my local desktop with ease. It does not have many fancy features, but that is a pro as it does exactly what you need it to do without a lot of other features cluttering up the UI

Cons

My only gripe is that you have to move the window to go to the corner of the screens. Radmin moves the screen with you as you move the mouse out of cursor range, but RDM forces you to use the windows scroll bars for some reason. it may just be a setting, but it was something I noticed.

Krupa L.

Just Awesome and Convenient

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Most of the time i have to connect to my company's server which i can connect from anywhere just with the laptop and internet connection.

Pros

This software is just awesome and very convenient to work from where ever you are. Most of the times I work from home which requires me to use this software. The connection is very stable and can work without any interruption.

Cons

Sometimes it takes longer time to connect to the server.

Benjamin D.

Most reliable

Reviewed on 2019/12/08

Overall, this product makes its possible to fully assist clients from a remote location.

Pros

This is the easiest program to use when it comes to remotely controlling clients computers. Most imporatnt it is easy for the client to follow the directions on their end.

Cons

Sensitive to certain internet connections. Seems to need full bars on both ends to achieve a successful connection.

Tracie P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Remote Desktop

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

We have a dermatology practice with multiple locations. We use the Remote Destop Manager to sign in to the server from remote locations. It is helpful also for saving money on license for some software programs. You do not need a seperate license to run a remote location using the Remote Desktop Manager.

Pros

The software is easy to use and works well for us.

Cons

There is not anything I do not like about the software.

Greg F.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Life Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

I honestly don't know how I managed all those years within this software. Lots of extra trips to the office after hours, nights, weekends and holiday to resolve issues. Now it is as simple as logging in and taking care of the issue

Cons

I cannot name a real issue (con) with this software.

Mahi G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Impressive tool for remote connections

Reviewed on 2019/05/19

V good

Pros

1) easy to access others system remotely. You just need authenticity to login other systems with your own username and password.
2) it is stable and secure.

Cons

This is really best software to connect the systems remotely which is secure and stable so I didn’t find any bug while using it.

Brian T.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

I like that I am able to gather all of my connections and credentials into one place. This is a tremendous help with you have many servers to manage.

Cons

The resolution of the remote screen can get stuck st too small of a size if you resize after you initiate a connection.

Dave R.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Allows our remote IT support to access our office computers

Reviewed on 2020/01/04

Having this software allows us to receive support quickly from our in-house personnel, even though they are in a different office.

Pros

Our IT support team is in a different physical office, so when we need IT support, Remote Desktop Manager allows remote assistance in a straightforward and simple solution.

Cons

The user interface is fairly complicated and required our IT personnel to configure the software on initial installation.

Mindy K.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

makes for an easy fix

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

I have really enjoyed being able to watch my problems be solved by someone miles and miles away. It's helpful to have an easy solution, and it's a great learning experience.

Pros

I like to think that I am able to troubleshoot most of my own tech problems. Unfortunately, I get stuck from time to time. Remote Desktop Manager lets me call on my friends who have more techie brains than I do. We can connect, they can take over my computer, and I can watch my problem be solved. It's a great!

Cons

It is a little disconcerting that someone else can get to all of my files, but I have to grant them permission, so it's really not a security issue.

Tim D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Love This App!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Very helpful remote access tool! AAA+++

Pros

I love how easy it is for me and the PACS team to remote into workstations and assist Radiologist from our desks!

Cons

Occasional dropped connection. More like, rare dropped connection!

Deepak G.

Remote Desktop Manager for work

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

Pros

I am using through RSA token connectivity and that is very secure.

Cons

Every time i need to connect to Remote Desktop to connect DB

Ivan B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

Saving lots of time, better organization and having all remote connections on one place.

Cons

No import for Remote Admin phonebook or VNC.

Zeeshan A.
  • Industry: Publishing

Really easy to manage all of my remote connections into one solution

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

It saves my time, money and definitely my efforts towards all of my scattered appliances.

Pros

It simplifies remoting of Server Machines, desktops, NVR, etc. This is the best tool I have ever used to remote controlling everything. I loved its simple interface. Taking backup is quite easier which gives you peace of mind. Most important part is its team sharing feature. You can also save your time by saving admin credentials and log in without having to type it each time.

Cons

First of all free edition is limited one. Secondly there would be a suggestion that it should have the network scanning ability, or at least we must know which of my remote connection is healthy and which one is getting weak.

Shon O.

All of your remote connections in a single interface

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

A great solution for working on the go or managing multiple remote connections to multiple different sites.

Pros

I can have all of the remote connections I need to access in a single interface; web, RDP and ssh for Linux.

Cons

There is currently a cert warning message, but hoping that it will be resolved with the next update.

Craig T.

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

I like the flexibility to be able to log in to another computer without having it physically present.

Cons

Sometimes it crashes, but usually its okay on the next login.

Braden P.

RDM is fantastic!

Reviewed on 2017/12/01

Pros

The rich feature set. Ease of use. Easy to import devices. Central DB connection. Password management.

Cons

Feels like RDM is constantly prompting for an update.