KORONA

A all-in-one cloud-based POS and inventory management system

4,6
4,4
4,4
4,5
4,6
Jennifer B.
Industry: Wine & Spirits

Never easy making changes/ but Korona was relatively painlessly

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Fairly straightforward POS system that is evolving

Pros

Outstanding customer phone suppprt. Our account rep(s) are over the top attentive and eager to trouble shoot at any hour -this is always very reassuring

Cons

Still not every thing we need and difficulties expressing our needs. Updates often times remove functionality that is worthwhile and it's difficult to convey the importance of not losing functionality. The time difference has also caused some issues on pressing issues -and updates are not tested on all platforms and to the extent that I feel they should be.

Response from COMBASE

Thank you very much for your review! We try to make KORONA better with every update and are very sorry that some updates had the opposite effect for you. We will address this with the product team and do our best to not have updates affect any customers negatively in the future.

Ray F.
Industry: Retail

Great system, easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

Excellent, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable

Pros

Easy to use, detailed software, laid out very nicely for great appearance

Cons

Needs a few minor adjustments and some info added

Response from COMBASE

Hey thanks for the kind review, Ray! Glad to hear everything is still going well. Let us know specifics on any suggestions you have to make the system work better for you.

Clark M.
Industry: Supermarkets

Flexible, Scalable, and Integrated POS

Reviewed on 2015/10/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I love that this software is flexible enough to conform to any business workflow. Most of the popular cloud based point of sale solutions that I have tried are very rigid in their ability to adapt to your needs. It is cloud based so we have been able to integrate it with our Digital Signage solutions for automatic menu updates from Korona's inventory management tool.
All features that I have requested or changes I have requested have been integrated into their regular release cycle. This is great because I get to help dictate the features and functions I need. This is something I have never experienced from a cloud POS vendor.

Cons

So far, so good! The parent company is based in Germany but they have a great support team based here in the USA as well.

Response from COMBASE

Wow! Couldn't have said it better ourselves, Clark. Thanks for the kind words.

Lynn F.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Korona survey

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

Ease of use & cloud based system for recovery.

Cons

Sometimes hard to navigate the back office. Owners manual would be good

Response from COMBASE

Hi Lynn, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Please give our support team a call with any specific questions on back office features/navigation.

You can also check out our online manual for additional assistance: https://manual.koronapos.com/. We're constantly updating and expanding our owner's manual, so please let us know if there are areas that need more explanation or clarification.

Katherine O.
Industry: Retail

Point of sales for experts

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

That the customer service is available 24/7 and friendly. The system itself is very user friendly.

Cons

The call back time from customer service is not ideal for in the moment problems .

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We pride ourselves on our customer service and our in-house team strives to get to calls as quickly as possible. We will do everything we can to make sure any future issues are taken care of as quickly as possible.

Troy G.

Great Support

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Pros

We were switching from a POS that was very old so we had to update some stuff and there were other problems that Korona couldn't do anything about. But they helped us as much as they could and in the end we got it all figured out.

The support is awesome even if you call them every single day for the first week or so.

Cons

Haven't run into anything I hate yet. We are still figuring things out so we have to retrieve master data, then shut the whole program down and open it again which is the most annoying thing right now. Not that big of a deal at all.

Response from COMBASE

Keep callin, Troy! We're here for anything ya need.

Shaun M.

tricky and stressful but ultimately worth it

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

I love the hardware. I love the degree of control. I like how simple inventory counts are and I hopeful that it will have profound impact on ordering

Cons

The functionality is not yet ready for washington cannabis. The programming that deals directly with regulation is sort of ad hoc and hasn't worked fully since we bought it. I think it will improve but its difficult to cope with presently

Response from COMBASE

Thank you for your feedback! We are going to address your concerns directly with our partner in Washington. We will assist them in any way we can to resolve issues for your industry.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Inés P.
Industry: Telecommunications

I really am very happy

Reviewed on 2018/04/01

Pros

I really am very happy to have worked with KORONA since I did not really expect them to have such high performance quality and provide services that make us feel satisfied that we have chosen them. I really do not have any complaints, just praise and for this reason I highly recommend it.

Cons

I have no complaints about the site, everything has seemed excellent to me so far, I will continue to use the service for a long time.

Response from COMBASE

Thank you for your great review!

Kevin C.

Robust backend

Reviewed on 2018/06/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Korona has very logical features and more than you can think of implementing. The POS was well thought out with speed in mind. Support staff is very helpful for any assistance or issues you have.

Cons

It’s a port/translation from pre existing software, so there may be some quirks to iron out. Additional features/software fixes may not be easily requested.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for the review, Kevin! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team if you ever have any questions.

Seth B.

Great product

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Pros

Easy setup and great customer service. Set up was easy and a vast improvement.

Cons

Integration with our website was difficult, but once it was finished, it was great.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for the great review, Seth! As always, give our support team a call if there's any way we can help.

Ken M.

Quite useful

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

All the information is so handy to use once it’s set up

Pros

All the information I need regarding the running of my store is right here

Cons

Set up takes hours so many things needed to get it going

Response from COMBASE

Hey Ken, thanks for the kind review! We're happy to hear it's been a great solution for your business. We know KORONA's extensive features can take time to learn, so we're always here for initial training as well as any other questions that you have down the road. Give us a call anytime if you have any questions!

Anna L.
Company size: Self Employed

We've never had any major issues, and any problem we have had are usually taken care of fairly quick

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

The inventory tracking, ease of adding products, being able to track how fast things sell, which hours are busiest.

Cons

It's changed how the shelf labels appear when they are printed, now the only choices are to have the price large enough to read or the product name big enough to read. It used to be both.

Response from COMBASE

Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry to hear that you didn't like the new label changes. We will address this with the product team and come up with a solution.

Pat V.
Industry: Retail

Good software and easy to larn

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

easy to learn and set up. The software lest you do reports at the end of the month or quarterly. They are easy to do just need a rep to walk you thru it.

Cons

some support reps need better customer services others are great....reports are easy to do and you can play around with the system,,,,you may need an accountant to help you read the reports

Response from COMBASE

Thank you for the feedback. We're always striving to provide the best possible support for each of our customers. Please let us know if you ever have any other issues going forward.

Mihir V.

Amazing customer service

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Easy interface, nice added options, easy to learn , compatible with quickbooks, but still have to run

Cons

Only limited merchants are available, some reports are ok, not able to upload good with fintech data

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for the kind review! If you ever have an issuing with our inventory reporting, please give us a call so we can walk you through the process.

Oniqueh G.

Great POS and Support Team

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

We transitioned multiple software solutions looking to find something that would fully integrate while also helping us dig deeper into our sales data and manage our inventory more closely. Korona has provided solutions for all of those things and made it so much easier to manage our business uniformly across all three tasting room locations as well as managing our Wine Club and online store.

Of all the software solutions we transitioned to this year, Korona greatly exceeded the customer service of all others. While other solutions were hard to get in contact with (especially with a real person), Korona was always easy to reach, extremely personable, knowledgeable, and quick to help.

Pros

The reporting you are able to do in Korona is amazing. It helps us make decisions about store hours, staffing, products to re-order, etc. much easier. We liked being able to customize the buttons in a way that made the most sense for our business and staff. It is much easier to train new staff members on Korona compared to our previous POS software, which is great!
Our favorite part of the software would be the Support and even Sales team though, they made the transition so easy and continue to promptly assist us with any issue or concern that arises. They work with us to ensure we are happy with the way things are operating and are just AMAZING overall!

Cons

We have struggled with getting the Quickbooks integration to work correctly for us. We also purchased a tablet from them that is extremely slow and frustrating to use the software on.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, Oniqueh. We're proud of our customer service, so that's really nice to hear :) Call us with questions anytime!

Ryan D.
Industry: Retail

Great Pos system for the money

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

Great value for the money, the support team is great and easy to work with. The overall layout of the software can be customized to benefit different business. We would recommend korona.

Cons

Gift card ability and ability to put returns on gift cards

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We'll reach out to you shortly about any issues with gift cards that you might be having.

Paula A.
Industry: Retail

Fiendly and easy to use, love Korona!

Used Other for 2+ years
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Great software with a lot of features to help you grow your business.

Pros

Great inventory tracking, a lot of reports ready to use that give you most information you need to grow your business, easy time tracking for employees.

Cons

Original manual is not updated, but the customer service team help to get all information you need.
Discount option for one item is very limited.
The user profile for a discount, price change, inventory movement cannot be placed in range, is either can or cannot.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks, Paula :) We release software updates regularly and will work to improve our pricing options and features. Feel free to reach out with any other suggestions for software additions.

Josh G.

Smooth

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

User friendly . Their executive is awesome with helping in every way. They have grown a lot since we first signed up be we still get they great customer service.

Cons

There is very little to complain about. There are a lot of functions that are hard to understand but one they are explained they are very user friendly.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks, Josh!

Katie S.

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Pros

Easy to use and customize how I need it. Integrates with systems for apps, online ordering, website, delivery/curbside pickup.

Cons

I wish that the inventory portion was better.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks Katie! We're excited to have Clocktower on board. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you'd like to schedule any other training sessions/demos!

Joshua W.
Industry: Supermarkets

Smooth, efficient addition to our stores. Wish we would’ve added Korona years ago!

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Give them a call today and ask them all of your questions. They knows their stuff and will be 100 % transparent to you. This company isn’t just trying to add you to the list as another client. I totally trust in Korona 100 % at this point.

Pros

Awesome customer service, from the get go not only has their sales office been super helpful the customer support side is exceeding our expectations.

Cons

We have 6 years of merchandise to implement into Korona, therefore we haven’t implemented 100% yet. But when we do we will have ensured that we haven’t taken any shortcuts. Therefore Korona hasn’t had any Cons Yet, we are the Con for not have added it years ago.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks a lot, Joshua! Glad KORONA has been such a great solution for your business.

Brady J.

Winery/ Loyalty Rewards

Reviewed on 2015/06/09

I recently opened a winery in northern California, I was excited to get operations underway. I had everything ready and set to go besides a point of sale solution. I went online and found a page that said it specialized in wineries, so I downloaded the free trial they offered. After I downloaded they gave me a call a few days later to show me all the features it had and why it was perfect for my winery.

The loyalty program works wonders for me, I have regulars who come in and use the points they have accumulated to buy bottles of wine. Loyalty members also receive an additional 15% off when buying 3 or more bottles. I have always believed in rewarding loyal customers and with Korona I am able to do that and able to keep track of all my members in one easy place

Response from COMBASE

Thank you Brady for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you love using Korona and the loyalty program! It is our pleasure to help you succeed.

Alma R.
Industry: Restaurants

Think out of the box

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

We really believe in this product but we need a one on one experience because our lack of experience that would be great for us, and for many restaurants or business that have latin americans employees

Pros

All of the features and how easily we can update it

Cons

That the training and customer support its in english and it not our main language

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for the feedback, Alma! We're always striving to provide the best support we can to each of our customers. Expanding our support and manual to new languages is one of our goals. In the meantime, our team will do everything we can to communicate effectively and to make sure that KORONA is great for your business.

Steven E.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

KORONA Review

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

Software was good and features designed

Cons

Cost to much should have cheaper price for people

Response from COMBASE

Hi Steven, thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that you liked our product, but sorry to hear that it wasn't in your price range. We strive to provide reasonable prices for each of our POS software solutions.
KORONA's software-as-a-service always comes as a flat monthly rate with no extra fees or expenses. Often, "cheaper" solutions end up being more expensive once all fees are added on.
Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you're interested in setting up a demo with your free trial so you can see each of the features that KORONA comes with. Our support and customer service team members are pretty great :)

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Mubedi K.
Industry: Retail

As a POS it offers great value for the money. i have used it for 4 years.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Day to day management and business intelligence

Pros

Support is outstanding. They keep adding features. It is easy to use. The back office has a lot of tools to help understand the business and customizing the UI is fairly simple.

Cons

Rental inventory management is immature. Forces me to deal with 2 platforms which is unfortunate. Some of the queries are a bit weak in my opinion. I sometimes want to do AND operations to find products and it will do OR instead. Not as useful as it could be.

Response from COMBASE

Thank you for your review. We will address your concerns and suggestions with the product team.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Digesh P.

Best POS for Liquor Store

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Pros

Super quick credit card transaction
Cloud based system,
Simple and solid hardware
Easy to install
Best customer service

Cons

Reports can be more clear
Margin % is not available at all time. It only shows up during price change and it goes away.
I hope Developers are little quicker on implementing changes.

Response from COMBASE

Thanks for the great review! We're really happy to hear it's worked out so well for Aviation. If you ever need assistance with creating or interpreting reports, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. They're always here to help each of our customers use the software to its full potential.