Mend Reviews

Mend

Fully integrated telemedicine & patient engagement platform

4.2/5 (128 reviews)
Robert C.

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

-Mend overall is a very convenient app with great potential. I'm excited to see Mend continue to progress as our company expands.

Pros

-Allowing us to personalize the app/site to support our company's logo
-Tech support is quick to respond and resolve critical issues
-The most recent updates appears to offer clearer video and audio

Cons

-The app for the smartphone offers a login feature that doesn't seem to be necessary. Clients are able to open the app and just enter their 6 digit code without having to login first. This confuses some clients.

-Idle timeouts that require you to log back in frequently

-The syncing between our system and theirs doesn't always update properly. i.e. if an appointment was marked out in our system. During the next cycle, the old appointment will populate into Mend as though it still needs to take place.

-The reporting tools could be updated to review certain pieces of information to help our practice run more efficiently.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for this great feedback. The portal login link within the app is being removed in the next release this month. We're happy to explore more robust integration options to keep the two systems in better synchronization. There are limitations on the EHR side that we are having to work around currently.

7.0/10
Linnette L.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

AS I mention before I really love the customer service, I had brought an issue before to them and within days it was resolve making my experience better than before.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use and it has an amazing customer service. I have ask questions and ask for the Mend team to help me and they have always been quick to respond and help me with whatever issue I might have.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the clients to be prompt to make their own payments, by inputting their credit or debit cards themselves and if the card is declined then they couldn't proceed to their appointment. However I understand that the Mend team works everyday to improved their software.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it. We can collect the payment during the appointment booking process. We will follow up to gather your feedback and discuss possible options.

2/14/19 - We talked to Linnette and we had the ability to solve the payment problem with our digital forms and come up with a much better workflow to solve the payment issue.

Sarah H.

My job just got way too easy.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

I am able to process everything faster, especially getting signatures from the doctors and patients. I don't have to spend hours uploading paper into my computer- with Mend, its already there.

Pros

I LOVE that my administrative time has been cut down. Because I save so much time with Mend, I have more time to call my patients, see more patients, and process them faster. At the end of the day, medicine is a business, so time is money. Now I can actually do more of what matters; help my patients... and help the business.

The Mend customer service team is amazing. I always get an immediate response, and a quick resolution to my question. If there is a complicated issue, they stay in contact with me via email through every step. I never feel forgotten about, or like my questions are pointless. They seem to appreciate the feedback, and work hard to keep us happy.

Cons

There are still a few issues we are working out, but customer service is always quick to resolve them when they come up.

Ashley C.

Mostly good.

Pros

I get to create my own schedule, it is cool to talk to clients via webcam, I like that clients can sign forms through it. I like the paint and texting feature.

Cons

It is very slow to schedule appointments and process assessments. Once you select submit or book it takes longer than other websites to load. I do not like how you have to wait after each session scheduled for it to load and go back to the dashboard and then you can click to schedule another appointment. When you upload an assessment it would be cool it if were not two steps, if you could just upload the assessment such as treatment plan when you first assign the assessment rather than having to go back to the dashboard and upload it onto the designated assessment for the specific client. It would be good if it works better with smaller band with or slower internet. Sometimes it makes me log in twice even with correct password, sometimes it starts running my camera when I am not in a session and have not selected to start a session. There are a lot of clients with double names in the system which is frustrating because I have to make sure and select the accurate one, not the one with the fake e-mail. Sometimes people are unable to sign the forms on their cellphones even though we are told they do not have to download it, I have watched them attempt while I am on the call and it does not allow them to click submit or sign.It would be cool if there could be more interactive games the therapist and client could play through Mend together during session.

Response from Mend VIP

Thanks for the feedback, it's great! Using the Rebook or Assessment feature from the Actions menu should make setting up appointments and assigning paperwork simpler. Did you know you can set recurring appointments as well? All of the issues described with the video connection should be fully resolved for you now. If you have any further issues, please let us know and we're happy to help.

5.0/10
Cheryl M.

Very positive. Customer support is awesome

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Pros

It is easy to use for most patients. It works well and allows our clinicians to see both the patient and their chart at the same time. Additionally our staff is able to trouble shoot any in house problems or issues pretty easily. The schedule works well and is easy to use.

Cons

It does not work on every platform and it is hard to tell which platforms it does and doesn't work on. Many of the patients we would like to target for this program do not have the technology to use this service.

Response from Mend VIP

Mend works on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile and every platform - Windows, Android, Apple, and any other device with an Internet connection. Video works on any device as well that has Chrome, Firefox, IE, Android, or iOS covering 98-99% of the market. Microsoft and Apple are committed to supporting video as well in Edge and Safari.

Bethany D.

Good product

Reviewed on 2018/12/22

My overall experience with Mend has been great! I am able to see clients from all over the country. No matter if I am traveling or at a different office, I am able to have full therapy sessions.

Pros

The thing I love most about this product is how easy it is for clients to use to connect with me for sessions. It runs really well.

Cons

You do need to have a strong internet connection for it work really well. This can be pretty frustrating when you don't or strong internet is not available in certain areas of the country.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for the review, we appreciate it! We have major performance improvements to video releasing the first week of the new year (Jan. '19). Video will require even less bandwidth and we'll have better support for group video sessions. There will also be a new design to make it even easier to use.

Megan S.

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Works pretty well overall. Some patient have trouble if they need to show something and flip their camera around.

Pros

Easy to use, pretty good picture and sound quality.

Cons

Can't do throat exams, light just shines back into the camera. Some people have difficulty getting it set up or using their cameras.

Response from Mend VIP

Awesome feedback, thank you! In order to do throat exams you might need something like a Firefly Otoscope. Patients may not always have this available to them. Some smartphones can handle this. The Mend system does adjust automatically on both Android and iOS for closeups. However, relying on the patient to angle the camera and lighting just right could be an issue. Regardless, we will investigate further to see if there is anything we can do here. If we make further changes, we will follow up and let you know.

5.0/10

Simple interface but some adjustment with more complicated functions

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

I used Mend to work with my clients in scheduling appointments and managing my own billing. It was great for simpler messaging, but a little more difficult when insurance arrangements were complicated. Overall it was a good experience.

Pros

I like the ease of scheduling and sending information to clients. I can see quickly who is having trouble attending appointments and integrating that with my own billing management.

Cons

Some of my clients still have some trouble understanding the software, and I've had to spend some time explaining it to them instead of being able to look it up themselves.

Response from Mend VIP

If you direct your patients to our Help button, we respond within 20 seconds and we can help your patients with their first use so you don't have to spend time on that.

Also, if you're using our digital forms, why not have a training form to set expectations? You could inform them of policies, include FAQs, discuss any technology, etc.

Thank you for the review!

Lacey W.

Terrible Experience so far!!!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Terrible. Worst system I have ever used. Very frustrating to work with the mend team and the software. Extremely slow and slows down my whole day having to wait for the system to load.

Pros

There is nothing much to like. The system and terribly slow and there are a lot of errors that we keep having that the IT team is not fixing or attempts to fix but never solves the issue completely.

Cons

1. Runs extremely slow no matter what wifi connection I am using, or what I am trying to do in the system. Everything is so slow. Most definitely a system error not a connection error.
2. Many features do not work properly. Example: Rebooking option does not rebook patients for the correct time slot. Another example is when I added a credit card to a new patient that I added to the system and scheduled, then I went to check out a completely different patient and the new credit card I entered was linked to the established patients account.
3. Customer service/ IT. Customer services responds back to our requests quickly but nothing is ever solved. If the IT team "solves" an issue we are having it may work one time then will go back to not working properly.. Just like the rebook option. Our company has had many requests to change things up in the system and nothing has been done yet

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up and see if we can make further adjustments to assist.

It is worth noting that during your implementation your scheduling product went out of business. We do not offer Mend as a practice management scheduling system.

This review describes an off label use of our product where all the pros and cons were discussed in advance. The way the product is used in this scenario is not something that we actually market and sell.

0.0/10
Vicki S.

MEND SOFTWARE REVIEW

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Overall it has been helpful to see clients who are unable to be seen in persons.

Pros

I like the new telehealth platform for viewing/seeing/meeting with clients

I like the new virtual waiting room

Cons

The software is often slow, and takes several seconds to switch between screens (such as when rescheduling with patient while he/she is still online)

As well during this interaction it is very hard to tell what is a block or what is an actual appt.

Because my organization uses 2platfirms advanced MD and MEND, I often have to look between the 2 calendars which is time consuming. It would be nice if it were more seamless

Response from Mend VIP

Great feedback, appreciate it. Your implementation has a bi-directional interface. You can drop the appointment in Mend or AMD and it shows up in the other system in real-time. We'll follow up and address your concerns.

Stevee N.

MEND Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I have been able to cut down patient check in time when checking into their first appointment. They don't have to sit and fill out paperwork before seeing the provider and can do it all on their smart phones in the comfort of their homes. This has also cut down on patients checking in late to their appointments. Overall, I think it has been a great use for our intake team and from what I hear, the providers find if very easy to use as well.

Pros

Although I am not a provider offering services through MEND, I use it often to send registration paperwork to patients. I have experienced a training with MEND and the customer support was excellent and easy to follow. Anytime you have a question, someone responds very quickly.
What I like most about the software is how easy it is to navigate and input data.

Cons

I'm being completely honest when I say that I don't have any issues with using MEND for the things I do. The only thing that took a few tries for me to remember was setting up a child under age 18; I had to remind myself to also obtain all parent/guardian information too, such as date of birth. Everything has been smooth sailing other than that.

Carolyn S.

Great first experience with telemedicine through Mend --wish I could interest more patients.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Pros

It's great that I can use it on computer, tablet and/or iphone. I've used all different modalities and usually find iphone or tablet works great though I do need the computer for complete functionality. The experience is the closest to a life-like face to face call -- there's no time delay and the image is quite stable for the most part. If I use my iphone my patients tell me they see me looking directly at them. I love the fact that when my patients travel or when there are snow days I can still "see" them.

Cons

I wish the experience at my end felt as life-like--meaning, since I'm doing psychotherapy I often feel I don't get to make actual eye contact with my patients -- as if they're either looking slightly downwards (at my image on the screen which is off the camera angle or on the smaller image of themselves.) If I could look directly in their eyes as I would in person and they could look back while both of us looking exactly at each other on screen it would be a much more immediately personal experience. I also don't like the fact that any incoming call disrupts the conversation...

Carla S.

Overall Mend has been a great addition to our office.

Reviewed on 2017/09/11

ability to see more patients

Pros

The customer service with Mend is the best. They are available all the time. I never have to log a problem someone is ready to assist as soon as you call or hit the HELP button.

Cons

We have trouble connecting to patients when they are not on wifi. We lose out on at least 1/2 of our visits b/c patients are not connecting on wifi and their cell service is not strong enough to conduct the visit.

Response from Mend VIP

The best way to make sure the patient side is flawless is to reinforce that they test prior to each visit. If you can make them test, the patient side always run smooth.

Belinda M.

Recommending Mend

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Patients love it and it is very convenient

Pros

If your schedule is fully booked you can always offer the patient a telehealth appointment

Cons

The only downfall is when you have patients booked and they cannot connect or the system is down. If it is the patients first time using it, they will refuse to try and use it again

Response from Mend VIP

Our uptime and video connection rates remain extremely high at almost 100%. Patients can use the help button where our average response time is currently at 19 seconds if they ever have any issues connecting.

Decent Program

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

This is the better of the two programs I've used, with a lot of options, and the Mend team working to make it a user friendly experience.

Pros

Video platform is easy to use, customer service typically provides a quick response.

Cons

Some tasks take multiple steps and wish they could be incorporated to speed the process.

Harry S.

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Great experience. Mend services are clearly on strategically important and constructive directions.

Pros

New era information management and communication. Burning need in US Health Care

Cons

Too Physician Practice Oriented. Important opportunity for being more consumer oriented

Jacquelyn W.

Great system, easy to use for patients and providers.

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Great asset to our patients!

Pros

I am the scheduler, not a provider, but this system is so easy to use on my end. The couple times I have had a question or had a new situation I hadn't seen arise I was able to send a help request and was almost immediately connected to a tech and issue resolved extremely quickly.

Cons

The one thing I wish could be different is having mom, dad, and children all together. As it is, the child can be under either dad or mom, it would be great to have them together and be accessible by either parent.

Kari R.

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

It does save time. Allows patients less waiting time.

Cons

The set up process seemed difficult. It took our office some time to get it set up.

Response from Mend VIP

Appreciate the feedback. We do everything possible to make implementation as smooth as possible. We have dedicated account managers, live training, instant support, and more.

Your account manager will design workflows for your new digital environment along with detailed project timelines and deliverables. Most other products let you sign up and leave it on you to master everything. Not at Mend, we're here every step of the way to provide assistance so that you are successful.

4.0/10
Michael M.

Honest reveiw of Mend software

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I use mend to talk directly to clients for therapy outside of my normal business area.

Pros

I like the ability to use the service with both the website and the mobile app. Customer service has a chat feature which is very helpful and timely.

Cons

Sometimes it is not as clear or regular face time. It tends to get choppy but that could be based on the users internet connection.

Amber D.

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Mend is a great software for every office to use. The efficiency of the overall software to allow messages to get from patients to providers without having to come into the office is amazing!

Cons

How many steps it takes to actually get the mend visit into the chart. They have tried fixing send to EMR but it is not a quick process.

Portia P.

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Mend takes forever to coincide with our scheduling program and sometimes does not transfer scheduled appointments.

Pros

The easy format and step-by-step features.

Cons

The pop-up glitches that occur from time to time and the slow delays in between clicks.

Response from Mend VIP

Thanks for the feedback!! Great news, AdvancedMD has allowed us to utilize their APIs. This means that the data will flow effortlessly between the two systems.

Most of the time, integration hurdles are a result of limitations on the side of the EHR or PM and what they have available or if they have anything available.

Frances R.

Mend review

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I love that you can make a suggestion and majority of the time Mend is able to fix it and make it better.

Pros

I like that you are able to attach each payment to the appointment and add notes

Cons

That if you don't attached the payment to the appointment you have to do a lot of research to find out who the payment belongs to.

Robert W.

A Success

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I retired from my consult practice but wanted to continue on a limited basis. I moved out of state. Mend has made it possible to continue what I love. Helping patients.

Pros

Not being a technical savvy person. I found the Mend training program to be easy to learn. They were always there to help.

Cons

In the beginning we had difficulty communicating with the right person. This was quickly corrected with a conference call between my staff and Mend.

Damaris D.

It's fast and reliable. It's easy to use and has good quality.

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Pros

Saves time and helps see more patients.it helps client connect when they are away. It saves time for patients and administrators.its reliable and fast.clients state that it's easy to use and like it.the company has worked with it for a few months and we all love it.

Cons

Sometimes connection is weak.Also sometimes it freezes and sound problems are present. This may be due to wifi problems

Great program

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

It is easy to use and straight to the point.

Cons

Mend is very sensitive when it comes to connectivity. The calls are interrupted by even small dips in signal.

Response from Mend VIP

Video performance was revamped and you should no longer experience connectivity issues.