Wasp inventory Control
In wasp Inventory Control Reporting system is awesome.
In wasp Inventory Control i like the reordering feature stock tracking system and reporting system in inventory control.
In Wasp inventory control I didn't find any critical error but customer support is little slow in This control system.
Easy to use, user friendly, convenient software with good prices
the Interface is good and easy to use. It's really user friendly and our warehouse staff were able to work with the software out of the box with minimum training. they also provide us with all sorts of label printers, bar-code scanners, labels, ribbons and basically any product we might need to work with the software.
It has a really good Import/Export feature which made it easy for us to transfer our data into the system (products, customers, etc.) . The database is well-designed so if you are an IT expert and want specialized reports and queries it's a piece of cake!
It doesn't have a good support for the full ordering cycle (purchase order, pick order, packing slip, etc.) . and it'd be really nice if it had integration with different accounting software.
Customer support is good but they need more people to be able to answer all the calls specially during the busy hours.
It's Okay but a Little Archaic
We used Wasp Inventory for about 4 years. In that time, we had several quirky glitches that took phone calls to resolve. For the most part, their customer service was okay, but more often than not, while I was waiting for a response, I was able to troubleshoot the problem and resolve it on my own. If you need to do an inventory audit - good luck. Wasp does not do inventory audits very well. They take lots of time for the barcode scanners to sync (like 15 minutes each scanner) and Windows thinks the program has become unresponsive. It's literally a nightmare.
They can't automatically create POs. We had to do them all manually. We also couldn't integrate their email servers with Gmail, so we had to download POs and email them to vendors.
Also, their inventory doesn't sync with anything. We switched so our live inventory could be pushed to our sales channels.
I feel like in their prime, Wasp was probably awesome, but they're well past due for a refresh.
My Insights in WASP Inventory Control
Easy and user-friendly
All in all, this is a very flexible program.
This system is fairly easy to use once you get it set up the way you like. It provides the opportunity to list numerous additional numbers, and it is very easy to rename items
It is a bit difficult to muddle through at the beginning, I would suggest paying extra to have them set it up
Good and Reliable Software to use
Made it easy to organize and manage tools as well as the employees who checked out equipment. The software also provides useful reports that we used to track history of equipment and see exactly how many people have had a particular tool.
It isn't very user friendly in some areas of the software, like adding new tools to inventory least.
Basic but easy to use. Very good for a small business in early start up stages. Very good on-phone demo available with the sales reps to fully understand the software before you buy or try out yourself
Not robust enough to calculate projected inventory over a long period of time. This software is useful for on hand inventory only.
Wasp Control Review
I used this inventory control system while working at a department store a few years ago. It was easy to learn, easy to use, and easy to keep track of inventory with the scan of a barcode. It helped with learning how to view the inventory, knowing when to order products, and to see what types of products were selling quicker than others.
Easy to use!
Bad After Sales Service
We purchased WASP recently and now activating the system in our operation.
We called tech support for help and besides the 1-hour long wait time, tech support rep was not helpful, impatient (knowing that it's our first time), arrogant and rude.
We bought an extra mobile computer but it was not explained to us that an extra mobile computer will require an extra license. If we had known, in the first place, we would not have wasted another $1,500 for a mobile computer that we can't use.
Don't see any pro yet because we are just setting up the system. But with the way we are being treated, it's already becoming a con.
Others are N/A but system required me to fill them out.
The after sales service is very bad.
Impressive for being fairly unknown
This is hard to say. You have the dashboard that has everything you need to look at immediately. You can then navigate to anything you want. You need to check receipts? 2 clicks. Shipment just arrived? 2 clicks, record it, done. So convenient.
I haven't gotten any complaints from anyone except elderly folks using the system as well as new-hires. I wish they had a more thorough software trainer in place. It would make my life easier. I have also gotten some lip about notifications, but we will see.
Specifically for Small Businesses
The bar code labels are pretty awesome! This makes your day so much more productive. It is really good for larger company.
Price point is pretty high if your business is just starting out. I think you could use a cheaper program until you reach the amount of employees that would make sense to use this program.
When looking for an inventory software Wasp was one of my top 3. Reviewing the product I realized this would be great for larger companies. Sales team was great to work with. Software has several different options to track inventory.
As stated before this software is great for larger companies. Unfortunately our company is too small at the moment but do plan on using them in the future.
WASP Enterprise Edition
- Great software for the price and can be purchased with scanners, printers etc as one package
- On-line training supplied with purchase and technical help line is available to support unique-to-application issues.
- Software does a good job of providing inventory managment with very efficient uptime.
- Has options for multiple warehouse locations that can assist in controlling inventory or used for unique applications.
- Check-out feature or expiry date can be used for other uses such as alerting system as to when equipment calibrations are due
- Easy to use and quick uptime for new users.
- Adminstrator protected to limit user access for multiple functions
- Alert tab accessible to all users identifies overdue actions
- Requires work arounds to control inventory lot numbers that are approved for use vs lot numbers that are rejected for same part number
- special notes added to describe part number or lot are not visible from main inventory screen
- hard copy bar code labels default does not include lot number description when tracking of multiple lots is required
- E-mail notification require an assigned iIP address that is not feasible for systems where users that login/out of system.
Makes things easier
Why so much
Easy to use; Barcode software does what we need it to do
Software is pretty self-explanatory and easy to use. Our customer requires bar codes for shipping purposes so this software gets the job done and does what we need it to do.
No complaints yet. Software works from initial install to getting the bar codes created.
Can't beat the price and functionality
Can't beat the price and functionality, it's super easy to use and setup. Adding and scanning the codes to be created you don't feel like you have to be a genius to do it. plenty of peripherals to choose and use
The only con is how it was purchased for just a single license and it had nothin to do with the vendor but was an operational decision
Waspnest Inventory Control
Following are the best features of Waspnest product.
1. Easy to understand interface which require no prior knowledge on inventory methods.
2. User friendly and painless backup and restore. This is very critical especially if you are changing from one computer to another. Almost every year we upgrade our laptop. So carrying forward the inventory created is very easy. It takes lots of effort inputting all the inventory all over. Several hours of was saved by this feature.
3. Any type of inventory process will require user involvement. Waspnest product makes this process easy and comfortable to users even with little or no experience in inventory and book keeping.
4.Importing and exporting to/from excel files is very helpful as it is easy to share the list of items with others.
Vendor is very helpful in selecting the right product for our company. The cost of the software is reasonable even for small business to try out.
Labeling is not clearly explained. Unless you have prior knowledge on UPC codes etc. it will be difficult to work with this feature.
Detailed tutorial will be helpful. Not sure if online video tutorial will be helpful in this regard.
It will helpful if the program prompts duplicate or similar entries to avoid two entries for the same item.