SocketLabs

Marketing & transactional email delivery platform

Nicholas B.

Good delivery

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Mostly delivery with Microsoft is the biggest challenge. Using open source email server software and managing the IP we get through to all email servers except outlook.com live.com or hotmail.com.

Pros

To get emails delivered without issue. Using socketlabs, emails get delivered everytime.

Cons

It would be nice to have an android or iphone app to monitor the dashboard.

Karyn G.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

SocketLabs Emails

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Pros

I can create my own templates and can have separate lists and yet still send to all if I choose. Love the sections and how easy it is to insert both text and images. Link to website pages etc.

Cons

Until I found the sections section. this programme was not easy to use...... Most happy I found it

Karl B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Everything we need from a mail vendor

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

We mail out transactional messages with one server and newsletters with another server.Our transactional messages are sent through calling their libraries; that code is rock solid. We use the web user interface to write and send our newsletters. It's very straightforward.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. Over the years, I've reported the occasional bug and the team has been very quick to respond. The service is very reliable; there's never been a server failure for our mailings.

Cons

Initial setup can be tedious. It took a few iterations to include all of the required bits in the profile setup.

Louis W.

Dependable mass mailing

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Every support call. Every support email has been great. I have directly used their tool for I would guess 5+ years without a single major complaint. They had one single hiccup a few years ago with legacy code. It was resolved quickly and they communicated the issue out clearly to us.

They have been an honest and enjoyable partner to work with over the years.

Pros

I have enjoyed working with the API. We send tons of emails through their system without the slightest hiccup. We pull stats out of their API to create stunning dashboards of data for our clients to measure how well their campaigns perform. The well-documented API from socketlabs made the whole process a breeze to create.

Cons

Lack of prebuilt non-zapier integrations. On occasion, we have a software solution ecosystem. Certain clients may have ERP or other major integrated systems. Very generally speaking, we have not had the fortune of being able to tap into pre-written integrations for these systems. (Yes, this is nit-picky. It was the only thing I could come up with!)

Ari K.

Excellent quality and service

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Quality is great and the team helpful and proactive.

Pros

Oustanding service including proactive advice, fast response, overal quality of delivery.

Cons

We have no complaints in the three years we've used SocketLabs.

Alec D.

Top quality at the right price

Reviewed on 2019/12/19

We moved to SocketLabs from a very large competitor, not only did they give us much better pricing but it was coupled with better software and way better support. They assisted us in the migration and made the whole process a cakewalk. Give them a ring they are really good.

Pros

Price, value, support and ease of use.

Cons

I have found no cons so far with their product.

Jose G.

Fast and reliable

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

It's been fantastic. We get our testing emails going on without issues. Once we move our systems to production the switch is 100% transparent.

Pros

I have never found an issue with it. It just works, it's amazing.
The setup was a breeze and got it up and running in no time. Literally, it just took me like 2 minutes.

Cons

Nothing really. I don't have anything that I don't like.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Doesn't work... low deliverability... lots of bounces... very slow

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

Seemed like it was worth a try. The price sounded good. Seemed like it could potentially be a better deal than my current one... it wasn't.

Cons

First of all, they took a time-tested, carefully vetted list which had 0 complaints for the past 4 months and
demonstrated that their bounce rates were 4x higher than I was used to. Then, they suspended my account after 800 emails were sent (out of 32,000). Not very impressive. Not worth the time and effort, and it was free. They were even bouncing emails sent to old friends whose emails I knew for a fact were correct.

Shane B.

Good product, great price

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Mass sending commission reports to sales agents.

Pros

It is easy to set up and easy to use. Once we had it configured it has required very little maintenance and virtually no problems ongoing.

Cons

A little more support would be helpful regarding "secure email". Their website explains it but it is a little technical. I would like an easy way to change secure email settings. Also, I haven't found a way to have an automated report emailed to me showing all successful or failed email deliveries. But these are very small issues. And I can live without them.

Matt B.

Great service and easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Pros

We have used socket labs for over 8 years now and have been very happy with it. The metrics and statistics they provide are very detailed. You are able to get very granular with your reporting. Customer support is very quick to provide answers.

Cons

So far we have not had any issues with the service.

Mark S.

Great!

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Simple and easy to set up! It just works.

Pros

I resell web hosting and email accounts for neighbor Kona Coffee Farmers. We have had quite a few problems sending emails to people who have free email accounts (Hotmail, Yahoo, etc). Issues have involved DKIM and SPF and getting all the criteria correct to eliminate rejected emails.

I tried the free SocketLabs email service and found that it solved the issues we were having. The emails went through with no problems.

I can recommend SocketLabs and continue to recommend them.

Cons

I have had no issues at all. Setup was easy.

Roland F.

Free Mailer Site Met Our Needs

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

It used to take an hour and several different email accounts to send out 1000 copies of our newsletter. Now it takes me about two minutes.

Pros

The best thing about SocketLabs is that it works. Sending out a weekly newsletter via email is no longer a hassle, as it used to be. The second best thing is that, for the size of our mailings, it is free.

Cons

Getting through the setup process was a strain. Some aspects are not intuitive, and the help/tutorial documents are not as good as they might be. However, Ginny, our SocketLabs go-to person, was very knowledgeable and very helpful.

Mark R.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent SMTP service; easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

I've been using SocketLabs as an SMTP service for a couple of years, for testing and demos.
It has been rock-solid, and it's easy to use.
I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

Reliability
Other text entered because the evaluation system has a minimum length, which is stupid.

Cons

Why do I need to type forty characters here?