Breeze Reviews

Breeze

Integrated patient management tool for health professionals

4.1/5 (280 reviews)
Carlos S.

Reviewed on 2013/02/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are a three physician rheumatology practice in Miami Beach, Florida and have been electronic since 2004. Our experiences until CareCloud were frustrating, to say the least. Our previous EHR/PM system was horrible, despite being one of the biggest names around. It was (and remains) a legacy system, saddled with screens that were full of checkboxes and devoid of any intuitive menus. Simple tasks would take multiple clicks, and that's if you spent hours doing the training to learn what those clicks were. Our accounts receivable was ballooning, the result of a practice management system that would reassure us that claims had gone through, only later to learn when drilling down that they were still being held by the system or somewhere lost by the clearinghouse, which was another nightmare. In short, we were through with this system.

It took a lot to decide to move on to another system (there is quite a bit of inertia to overcome, to say the least), but I can honestly say, looking back, that switching to CareCloud was one of our best decisions last year. In terms of the practice management side, I am no longer in fear that my billing staff will quit on me. The interface is intuitive, adjustments are easy to make, reports are easy to generate, and most importantly, our AR is now back to our target. Our clean claims rate to Medicare is over 97-98%, in part, thanks to CareCloud. Electronic remittance advice is autoposting for nearly all payers (in our old system, we were manually posting most of the time because we could not trust the software to autopost correctly!).

As far as the EHR is concerned, I went into this understanding that CareCloud had just launched their EHR just a few months before I switched. The weakest link is probably its note composer. It should be a bit more structured. However, for me this works out perfectly, since the HPI and Impression and Plan are dictated by me using Dragon voice-recognition software. I've been told by the higher-ups at CareCloud that there is an entirely new revamp of the note composer that will fix all the weaknesses of the current one which should arrive any day now. I can say that the e-prescriber is far better than 2 previous ones I've used before. Looking up a pharmacy is intuitive and quick, and I haven't been called by a patient or pharmacy once to tell me the e-Rx never arrived. The scheduler is intuitive, easy to use. Many of my follow up notes are similar (we deal with chronic problems), so that it was important for me to be able to copy the old note into the new one, then make adjustments. We're able to do this with the simple click of a button. The whole interface is intuitive. I was pretty much set to go with about 3-4 hours of training, very different from the other systems that I used. I sort of liken this to the difference between working an iPad vs. an old PC running DOS.

The last thing I want to mention is support. I have been very skeptical about promises previously made. Half the support questions in my old system could not be figured out by the vendor, so my ticket got turfed to someone on the other side of the world. Needless to say, this was a nightmare, as those support staff had nary an understanding of Medicare, BCBS, Cigna, etc. It was incredibly frustrating. With CareCloud, whenever I run into a glitch I take a screenshot of the window I'm working on and email it to support, with resolution usually within the same day. They are also responsive to phone calls, and I don't get turfed to someone on the other side of the world that doesn't understand our medical and reimbursement environment. My billing staff and I have been very happy with CareCloud's support.

Lastly, I kind of figured out one of the reasons why CareCloud has to be able to deliver and why I'm convinced that they will. They are pay-as-you-go, so the onus is on them to deliver, otherwise, not I nor anyone else have any obligation to stick with the system. I made the mistake of signing a lease for my old system, for which I am still paying the remainder of the lease. I would strongly recommend to anyone else looking for an EHR/PM to avoid signing any lease or purchase contract.

I would like to make a specific mention of two stellar members of the CareCloud team, Elizabeth Kormesser and Michael Pepe. Elizabeth got us up to speed with both the EHR and PM and did a tremendous job of helping us fix the world of hurt that we were in early last year (2012). And Michael Pepe did a phenomenal job of making sure that we were ready to report for Medicare's first phase of meaning use. Looking back, man am I happy, satisfied, and once again, sleeping well at night!

Jennifer L.

Have used CareCloud since Day One of my private Dermatology practice

Reviewed on 2016/06/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Cloud-based, easy to use. Can log on easily in seconds from home computer or laptop. Reliable, easy for staff to learn how to use. Great for tracking product sales, analyzing revenue, charges, etc... Text reminders for patient visits very convenient. Seamless integration with my eHR (Modernizing Medicine) - that's perhaps the most important aspect for us.

Cons

Small detail but not insignificant for us- with the text reminders for appointments, if a patient wants to cancel their appointment, they're unable to do so the way CareCloud is set up now. This leads to no-shows for us because CareCloud can't reflect the patients' desire to NOT confirm their visit and cancel the appointment.

We have noticed errors when CareCloud records remittances. Only brought to our attention in certain cases when patients have asked about their bill, and when we reviewed their insurance payments/remittances, we noticed blatant errors during entry from CareCloud staff. Would be near-impossible for us to investigate how often this happens.

Wish CareCloud had better payment options for patients (to directly logon and make payment that would record accurately in their charts).

Megan C.

Carecloud takes the cake for all of the software systems I use daily!

Reviewed on 2017/09/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, I work in numerous systems every day and looking at the services compared to the price I think Carecloud is most definitely worth every penny. If you look at the seamless process of checking patients in and checking their eligibility, the system is extremely helpful compared to others. I always say, " You get what you pay for!" and Carecloud shows that on every level.

Pros

I like the all in one user friendliness! ERAs individually split up for billing secondary claims which makes them a breeze! Also, printing proof of timely filing from the patient screen helps out tremendously. The Collections app is probably my next favorite. I don't feel like I am stuck running reports all day. Instead, I can go in to my denial bucket and work the claims directly from there without having to run a report and then go to the patients one by one and then work the claims. I also love that it stores copies of all of the statements that I generate for each patient so when a patient calls regarding a balance and has a question, I can tell exactly what they are looking at!

Cons

The one thing I do not like about Carecloud is the inability to send claims on demand. If you miss pick-up at 8p.m. the claims have to wait until the next night. I wish we could get a change for this. Also, I wish when working with claims in the outbox that we could select as many as we want and then be able to change the delivery method all at one time, like printing without the claim form. It would save our office time as we have quite a few that have to go paper.

Renee A.

CareCloud review

Reviewed on 2019/05/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The customer service at CareCloud is exceptional!!!!! Anytime we've called they have always been pleasant, helpful and usually are able to solve our issues.

Pros

The billing and collections modules have increased our revenue. With the two modules we can immediately see if a claim has errors. Our old EMR system took weeks for us to receive a denied claim. The Appointment module is easy to use.
When we first started with CareCloud in 2014 the Prescription module was easy and quick to use. The main reasons we selected CareCloud was because of the Billing, Collections and Prescription modules.
We are extremely happy with the reporting module. We are able to get so much more information from the system than with our prior EMR.

Cons

I wish the system would alert you if you scheduled a physical to early (less than 366 days).
The recent upgrades to the prescription module has made it harder to use. With these changes now there is more room for errors to be made when selecting the medications. It takes us twice as long to fill prescriptions with having to search for the correct medication from the lists.

Sheila S.

Reviewed on 2013/01/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am a practice administrator for a 4-providers urology practice. My providers are very busy surgeons and clinicians, so having a good practice management system is essential to our financial outlook.

In May 2011, I was given notice from our then practice management company of seven years, that due to the 5010 changeover, they would no longer be in business and I would need to obtain services from another software company by the end of year. I was given the task of choosing and implementing a new system, with a deadline in less than six months.

I began the daunting task of searching, and within 6 weeks, I had investigated 13 systems of every type imaginable. I was given advice from several administrators to go with the “conventional” and not venture into a young, web-based company that wasn’t as well known at the time. But being stubborn and opinionated, I was intrigued by what CareCloud offered and began to investigate their product.

When my search was completed, I was able to present my top three choices to my physicians for their final decision. I had already decided on CareCloud, but wanted my physicians to decide on their own without my direction or influence. We were presented all three systems in one evening with CareCloud being the last program to give us an overview of their product. After the presentation of Care Cloud, and without reservation, the doctors and I agreed the CareCloud product was far and away the best choice for our practice.

Budget and financial concerns are a major concern to all practices these days, so I was pleasantly surprised when discussing the reasonable cost of the system. I was given figures for my bottom line that no other company could compete with, which also included all the features we would need to run our business.

Bay Urology Services has greatly benefited from the professional and knowledgeable staff at CareCloud, which had us up and running by October 1, 2011 -- quicker than I imagined we could implement. I was told by other administrators facing similar issues that this time frame “was virtually unheard of” for a practice of our size.

CareCloud really shines in how easy the system is to use, training of staff, and product functionality compared to previous systems we have used. On a final note, I will say that CareCloud and our partnership with them has been one of the best decisions we have made in the ten years we have been in operation.

Del C.

Carecloud is extemely user friendly and is regularly being updated to make it even more so

Reviewed on 2017/10/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, an excellent program; I have no regrets about committing to this system several years ago.

Pros

App-like appearance and ease of use, quite intuitive to learn to use various functions; development team has been extremely active in regularly updating the various functions to improve its usefulness to physicians and staff. Unlike some programs that were clearly developed by software professionals who have no knowledge of the actual needs of healthcare providers, CareCloud is very responsive to MD input to make it progressively more user friendly and useful in the clinical setting. The I-phone app is extremely helpful when away from the office.

Cons

Only con would be that it is a cloud-based system, meaning that the main frustrations develop when we have issues with internet access (obviously no fault of the software, but rather our local issues). The advantage of a cloud-based system is the constant updates, but access is occasionally a problem in my office.

Rainey E.

CareCloud PM-Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2016/09/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The up to date interface and "app" feel make this system very easy to learn. It is fully integrated and the "workflow" for the system is hands down the best I have reviewed and worked on in my 16 year career. The remittance posting and statement modules are cutting edge and thoughtfully designed for the end use. I also love that their is very little wait time to talk to support associates. For the most part, most of my items have been resolved easily over the phone same call.

Cons

The monthly cost per provider has increased since I first started using it. It can give a bit of sitcker shock to start up practices, but in the end, it's ease of use and reliability make it worth the investment.

Ann K.

Worst choice since starting my own medical practice; I turned away from Carecloud after 2 months of

Reviewed on 2016/11/18

I am a solo practitioner in internal medicine. I used Athenahealth before Carecloud due to college's recommendation. But the feels for non closed loop orders were getting expensive so I looks for a program that won't charge me a dollar for each prescription. I was interested in Carecloud due to their App settings and made it look easy to document/chart.
I should have known when they were trying to get me to sign their contract that I was in for a big diasppointment. They, the sales rep gave me a deadline to sign the contract with appealing price if I sign before the timeline. He got me on the phone with the big boss, also the same thing,' its the lowest price so sign now', like a used car dealer to seal a deal. I was a fool, $36,000 lost due to my stupid action signing that day. I will regret for the rest of my life. After 1 month of use, I knew this isnt what I wanted to uses going forward. I plan to make a youtube video showing how slow Carecloud is. Whenever patient calls for appointment or refill, it takes long time to pull up their charts and all patients complain ' why does it take so long to pull up my chart?' and we say it's our carecloud program... But that's just the tip of the iceburg. Here are the reasons I gave them for terminating with them.

1 - Promise to incorporate clients' suggestion for improvement to their platform is an empty promise. We have offered them pages upon pages of suggestions, of which exactly NONE have been incorporated in their promise of "updates" every 3 weeks. When challenged on this, the company brushed us off, saying "do you know how many providers we take care of?" Pretty clear that we, as a individual client, are not important.

2 - It may look organized but when actually using it, it forces you to move back and forth all day long between different organizational icons. Even the simplest task of ordering a patient's lab requires at least 5 minutes. It is the farthest from "user-friendly" that we can imagine!!

3 - By definition, an EMR is an ELECTRONIC medical record. Despite this, any documents that require the provider to initial or sign (all home health documentations, labs to be reviewed, etc.) need to be printed, then hand signed, then re-scanned into the computer. Be prepared to have your support staff spend an extra-ordinary amount of time managing this challenge. Again, our practice has asked CareCloud to address this concern several times without any indication that they will actually become a

Pros

initial look of it, looks different, but it is an illusion to believe that you will be better organized provider/front desk/reception with the App functionality.

Cons

cons: Slow, breaks down.
Slow and shuts down.
Jumping from app to app to just to see patient's insurance information, up coming appointment, and to see EOB, that is not allowed in carecloud. You have to download CMS program to see EOB.
When claim has issues, it can sit in an app and none of your manager or carecloud will let you know that there is problem in you A/R, help you to solve problems. You are on your own. I almost went broke due to using their concierge service. No money was coming in.... Be prepared to get a loan or go broke with their billing services.

0.0/10
Brenda S.

CareCloud Easy to Use and to Train on

Reviewed on 2017/06/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros definitely over weight the cons. Only superusers or power users will notice a little drag, but it is not enough to effect business production.

Pros

Appointments scheduling and rescheduling is easy with the total appts on the screen, no reports to run. Ability to create customized schedules per doctor or per location your choice with block time that does not count as an appointment.

Cons

Flash based, so sometime load time may take a tad bit longer. this doesn't happen alot and it basically resolves its self as internet traffic varies. its like posting on facebook, most of the time it happens instantly, sometimes it drags a little bit.

Katrina P.

a customer service rep

Reviewed on 2017/11/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I want to recognize a guy as an exceptional Rep who was patient & kind and willing to help me understand how to post some very difficult ERA's.

Pros

I like the customer service reps who talk me through issues w/posting ERA's I like the ease of checking patieints in/out.

Cons

Reports are difficult to generate and not as "robust' as the sales guy promised. Some ERA's are difficult to post as they require extra steps of downloading EDI's. Also, Tertiary claims DO NOT auto-attach the previous payers EOB's so this must be done manually even though payers like Tricare for life prefer electronic claims

Kenneth A.

Right choice

Reviewed on 2015/01/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have read many of the reviews and wonder what experience these writers have had with EHR systems. My experience has been very positive from ease of use to cost. I compare it to my first EHR which I will not name. We were able to get started with minimal training and the providers input has helped get changes made for the better. It is easy to try something and complain, but I can tell you from my experience, the CareCloud staff and employees have made great effort to build a system that conforms to good patient flow and ease of use. The color coding gives the program appeal and is a useful tool as well. As the Coder/Biller can tell you, having the providers chose the right ICD 9 code makes my job a lot easier. It helps us to get our claims settled much quicker with a higher first time pass rate. We believe that we are just achieving a small percentage of what CareCloud can do for us in the long run. I look forward to a long relationship with CareCloud so we can become subject matter experts.

Cons

I have very little to complain about. We are learning new features and incorporating them daily. I think if we were taught everything at once we would have a brain meltdown. As for the vendor, we have no complaints.

Rachel B.

Full billing and collection support perfect for a small practice

Reviewed on 2016/07/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The claims follow up and aid with collections provided by CareCloud Concierge allows me (a physician) to do my own billing and save money on an in-house biller. CareCloud has even helped us automate most of our payments which saves a countless amount of time for myself and my staff in updating accounts.

Cons

We had some difficulties in the beginning with this product and understanding what our role was and what their role was in the process. Once this was discussed with our practice manager, things have run much more efficiently.

Susan S.

Customer service still has not arranged for training for new staff nearly a month after the request was made

Reviewed on 2016/10/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We first contact support to discuss arranging for training for new office staff on Sept 26. We are told a ticket has been created. We contact them again on Sept 30 as no action has yet been made on our original request. They assign a new ticket number and think they have done their job. At some point my new office manager gets a hold of a sales rep and tells of the areas that the training should focus on. According to the sales rep she has had 20 emails with my office manager to try to get this arranged. After 20 emails nothing yet has been scheduled. We had blocked our patient schedule on Oct 13 in order for the office staff to do this training which we thought would be sufficient considering we first contacted support on Sept 26. Oct 7 and the sales person has the sense to contact me, the owner. In her email she asks if I ever received some forms needed in order to arrange for the scheduling. I sent an email response that I never received any forms by email. I don't know why she bothered to send me that email as she NEVER responded to my reply saying that I never got any form.

Oh you wonder if any phone calls took place? I never received any phone calls. I called the sales rep several times and left messages that we need to get this training arranged by the Oct 13 date. I never received any return phone call. When Oct 11 comes and nothing has been arranged, I email the sales rep and CC a manager at Carecloud. Now I get an email saying that she has had 20 emails to get this arranged. Well these emails may just as well have been to discuss the weather because no emails were sent to me, the person who needs to authorize payment for these trainings.

Additional emails sent by the sales person at this time are all an attempt to cover for her inability to respond appropriately. She sends a Sales Force log saying she has sent 20 emails. So what? Those emails didn't accomplish anything and wasted my staff's time. Then she says that she sent 4 emails to me at a mystery email because it was not my email.

So what about trying to reach me by phone? It never happened. We have call logs at our business and I can check the call logs of my phone. No calls were made to me and I am the one who they need to contact to authorize payment.

So that is my experience with their customer service.

Pros

Cons

See above
Also, the site is in Flash which is slow and being phased out by the various browsers.

0.0/10
Melody K.

Great experience with CareCloud EHR

Reviewed on 2018/04/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I would recommend CareCloud for any practice.

Pros

We have used CareCloud EHR for almost 4 years and it's been great. The EHR makes it simple to manage my clients and practitioners. It has great functionality and is user friendly overall. The billing app is the best. I actually eliminated an admin position by using the billing app.

Cons

I would like for the iPhone app and the calendar app to offer a few more features. It would also be nice if there was way to upload and store clinical documents.

Lance S.

Mixed Review

Reviewed on 2014/02/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

When the product works, the billing system is great. It makes it very easy to follow up on claims and keep your A/R in line. I also like the layout that lets you work on multiple things simultaneously. If you're in the middle of something and have to switch gears for a minute, it's easy to go back to what you were working on.

Cons

The two biggest flaws for us are scheduling speed and downtime. The function to find the next available appointment doesn't always give accurate results (something they've been working on since we've started with them) and going day-to-day to find open appointments is not as fast as it could be when compared to our old system. Also, we've experienced downtime with different parts of the system. For a while, about once a week, we wouldn't be able to scan insurance cards or upload files into the system. I will say they have gotten much better about that, and it hasn't happened in a while. Also, rarely, we've been completely locked out of the system for anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes. It hasn't happened often but when you have a patient on the phone or in front of you, it is extremely frustrating.

4.0/10
Mel H.

All that was expected and more

Reviewed on 2018/02/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I recommend CareCloud to anyone that would like to upgrade workflow, efficiency, analytics, MIPS, cashflow, clean claim rates, and the list goes on.

Pros

Ease of use is fantastic. Training was great and all employees have learned the software within a few hours.
Go-Live was much easier than expected.
All providers find it very simple and easy to use.
Customizable
Add Breeze and the power and features of the software expand to create efficiencies that seem to be unrivaled.
Support and training are top notch
Support staff speak english that one can actually understand
Claims are scrubbed using 3 clearing houses that work with dozens of second level vendors who work specifically with payers increasing clean claim rate
Analytics are great. Easy to create reports, dig into the EMR to pull data, create dashboards for each employee and provider if desired. Dashboards so that each employee and associate can check KPI's each day and real time.

Cons

Our practice didn't discover CareCloud years ago.
One minor challenge when dealing with self-pay payment ID's for easy posting. A work around though solved the problem.

Cheryl B.

Great software for the money!

Reviewed on 2017/10/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I feel it’s easy to use and has some good features that make my job easier. Customer support has been good whenever we have needed them. And being a very small office; we like the fact we can choose the options that we need, but not pay for things we don’t need.

Cons

There are still some things that we would really like to see happen, one of which is having the integrated labs show in the note without having to manually post them.

Megan F.

The Ultimate All-In-One

Reviewed on 2018/03/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The user-friendliness of the software is amazing! I love that the software basically moves from left to right and the tracking on denials and no-responses ensures that you aren't having to pull those ugly aging reports. It is the most user-friendly EHR/PM solution I've ever used!

Cons

The limited selection of specialties that are able to use and some manual work-arounds on submitting paper-claims.

Rebecca H.

Reimbursement Specialist

Reviewed on 2019/05/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

At the end of the day...money is where it matters. Clean claims, timely submissions, prompt EDI tools and ability to communicate regarding outstanding A/R, CareCloud out of several software billing systems I have used throughout my 25 years has been hands down the most technically enhanced out there. We promote CareCloud to all our clients as we see them at the times of doors opening and or at a critical time in their practice where upgrading their software to keep current, current and close out older software that was hurting A/R rather than helping. A healthy A/R promotes growth in a practice and we have seen and assisted growing practices with excellent tools like CareCloud. Thank you

Pros

I work primarily in the collections module. Within my line of work I deal with all of the other modules to complete my investigation on a denial or no response claim. I enjoy the reporting analytics module to quickly determine a trending issue among our providers within date ranges and the sorting features are endless.

Cons

The hold feature on patient balances. The collection piece on patient collections are outdated. I can run a report, individually go in and place an account on hold but I cannot collectively take statements off hold. I would like patient collections to be updated.

Brenda S.

CareCloud #1 Practice Management for Any Practice.

Reviewed on 2016/12/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have searched and researched numerous PM systems. There is not one that compares to the easy of use and functionality of this system. Automatic EFT posting is truly that automatic (which you can turn off if you choose to). Real (Manual) payment batch posting, with balancing and attached the eobs right to the the line item in the patients accounts. No more having to pull daily batches and search 450 pages of pymts to find your specific eob. Truly has an API with emdeon, with claims management from r/s to changing modifiers and diagnosis, with claims appeals pre populated forms.

Pros

Payment Batch Posting, Attaches EOB's to patient account with line by line posting. Claims Management all in one system. Posting Charges from the Appt App, easily see what is billed and not billed.

Cons

Being flash based, when ever adobe does an update the system may experience crashes. But normally they are back up in a few minutes. This truly does not outweigh the Pros.

Jenah H.

Great product for large practices!

Reviewed on 2018/12/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, I would highly recommend CareCloud. They did seem invested in continuous improvements. If you have a large practice and don't mind some software growing pains, then CareCloud would be a great choice. I think they will lead the industry soon.

Pros

I like the user interface for this product. It looks and "feels" like an iPhone which makes it user friendly.

Cons

Customer support is disorganized. During my time with the product, the reorganized how they managed support several times. It was difficult to keep track of who/what/how we should handle certain types of support issues.

Lorrie D.

Care Cloud Central Concierge Service

Reviewed on 2015/12/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

My Care Cloud Account Representative. She is so helpful and a resource.

Cons

In Oregon we have Coordinated Care Organizations for Medicaid. Each of these CCO has contracts for the individual medical, dental, and mental health insurance carriers that is not listed. If the carrier is not listed or has a change of mailing address they are slow to verify the information given to Care Cloud.

Michael R.

Great Analytics

Reviewed on 2018/05/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Carecloud Charts is a good product. Consider the options and see if it's right for you.

Pros

Carecloud offers very good chart features, some of which are customizable. The reporting features are very robust. It saves you time, which saves you money.

Cons

All these features come at a cost. The system is a little pricey. Smaller practices may not be able to afford it.

Brandi B.

Ease of use, user friendly workflows and reports are fantastic!

Reviewed on 2016/06/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We love how easy to use CareCloud is. The workflows are very user friendly and the webinars CareCloud provides are great resources for learning to use to the product. Also, CareCloud assigns a friendly, knowledgeable Client Manager to your account to assist in questions you may have. Additionally, CareCloud support is also available via a phone call or online support.

Cons

Overall, we are very pleased with the product. The main thing I don't like about CareCloud is that they don't provide a support line for patients needing help with the patient portal. Therefore, the practice must contact support on the patient's behalf.

Christel D.

super support team

Reviewed on 2017/03/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

their tech support will stay on the phone as long as needed and REALLY work on finding the trouble spot and then FIX it so you can be up and running again

Pros

works great and runs dependably, they keep you informed of any outages, community page to post questions and get answers from other users

Cons

would like affordable and cheap voice control input to avoid typing and to make product even greater