Showing 24 reviews of 14

GroovePacker

Barcode inventory control & scan pack quality control system

Showing 24 reviews of 14
James L.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Where has this app been hiding all my life

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Highly recommend setup in my opinion was very simple anyone with excel spreadsheets of there product will have this up and running in no time. I dont know where this app has been hiding but they need more exposure because this beats the socks off any other quality control I've seen. Tech support was always prompt with knowledgeable and clear cut responses to my questions and were more than helpful when setting up some more advanced features after becoming comfortable with the software. Dont let the initial charge scare you away you will more than make up the initial investment when your shipping errors go down. On top of that you dont risk any unhappy customers

Pros

This is by far the easiest bar code scanning software I have used to date. I can now have my inventory controlled by a 3rd party software, my shipping done with ship station, and now order quality control done with style utilizing Groove packer. Has a very nice bar coding feature which allowed me to dump the clunky outdated inventory system I was on and utilize this for bar coding and Quality control. Favorite part was being able to split order in ship station prior to groove packer uploading the order so I didn't have to deal with dropship items mixed in with my locally housed items. This was my biggest complaint with skuvault which we were on before this app came along.

Cons

I would love to see a little more integration with the ship station chrome plugin so it would automatically pop back in forth between orders but this app works wonderful with my favorite shipping app ship station. IT was lacking a scanning software and this works wonderfully. I actually love the fact that I have more control over my orders because I or my management will approve the orders via ship station before tagging them to be uploaded to Groovepacker.

Used in Conjunction with Shipstation

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Overall, the barcode scan validator was a gamechanger for my order fulfillment team. It decreased misships and helped improve inventory accuracy. This also meant we had less frustrated customers contacting us because they were shipped the wrong order. So a win for customer service as well. Would recommend to anyone looking to solve inventory accuracy issues within their warehouse.

Pros

Barcode validator! Helped increase our packing accuracy significantly. And it worked well in conjunction with ShipStation.

Cons

Not much visibility in the dashboard, and it took a while to test and set up.

Michael P.

Invaluable tool for ecommerce shipping

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

The customer service was great and overall the system worked out very well for us for 2 years. However, since there was no direct api connection with our POS system or ChannelAdvisor made it harder to scale our business. I would definitely recommend it for anyone starting out or who has the time/money to create their own API connections if one isn't provided.

Pros

The ability to quality check out packages before shipping to the customer.

Cons

The lack of existing api connections with other ecommerce related systems.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Groovepacker solves the problem of packing accuracy for ecommerce SMBs

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

This web app integrates well with Shipstation and the Groovepacker team offers lightning fast, very friendly support. Most importantly, it does exactly what it's supposed to do very well: packing accuracy. The audio feedback cues for a successfully scanned order or packing error have made our process so simple that you don't even have to look at the screen to know an order is good to go. When you're packing a lot, that's meaningful! Because it accomplishes it's main job very effectively, I highly recommend this application.

Cons

The UI can be a little bit laggy and unintuitive. The price isn't a wonderful value proposition but there aren't a lot of alternatives.

John S.

Groove Packer Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

GP served us well. It took us from shipping the wrong item to 30% of our customers to shipping the right item to 100% of our customers. For years! We have grown to the point where a 3PL is needed now. Dan and GP supported and accommodated us during our ups and downs faithfully during our growth.

Pros

The scan and pack feature is critical to successful shipping. It has the ability to auto import products and barcodes from orders (ShipStation for us) and rapidly allowing us to start scanning and packing. GP does not allow for failure-if an order is not scanned correctly for the items in the order, GP will not close the order. Highly customizable with in depth and versatile features yet intuitively easy to understand and use. Their key ability to create an alias for a sku/barcode saved us on multiple occasions. Support for GP is by email with rapid response. In the midst of shipping 2000 orders, GP support was emailed, responded and resolved our issue immediately. (It was us and not GP!)

Cons

Virtually nothing.I know it's hard to believe, but I did not find one aspect of the software not likable.

Ben H.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Best Software for Order Checking

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

Pros

This is one of the most well thought out software products I have ever implemented. Feature set, speed and stability are all excellent. Implementation was fast and the product support team is fantastic. The "video game" style interface is quickly adopted by new employees.

Cons

There is no native interface with our eCommerce / shipping software solution (Nexternal), so we have to jump through more hoops than we would like to get data into GroovePacker.

Andrew S.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

Easy to setup and use and really great customer service. I wish more companies had this level of service.

Cons

There were some glitches along the way but customer service was so responsive I wouldn't count it as a Con.

Tom T.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Fast, accurate, easy to use, easy edit, easy upload

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Elimination of errors and the huge return costs and bad customer service they create. Allow the shipping clerk to relax because GroovePacker does the checking.

Pros

They have really thought of all the angles to prevent shipping errors. The software is very fast and very accurate. The customer rep was able to handle every odd thing we do like reverse order lookup by SKU. Rep was excellent with setup and support. I highly recommend GroovePacker

Ds S.

Best Barcode Verification Tool to ensure shipment accuracy

Reviewed on 2015/06/18

I've been searching a barcode verification tool ( cheap, easy to use, and can integration with other popular software ) for a while and stumbled upon GroovePacker. After first try, we know this is by far the best tool out there that does one simple function ( barcode verification ) and does it beautifully.

The guys behind the software really knows the nitty gritty of running a business and pick/pack/ship operations. They build features that seems trivial but end up saving you a lot of time with much improved accuracy.

If you are running a small/mid-size retail business, and need a way to ensure pick/pack/ship quality ( no more ordered A, shipped B ), look no further.

Kristina J.
  • Industry: Printing

GroovePacker

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

GroovePacker allows my company to ship out many orders for many different company without worrying about duplicates or mistakes in inventory. If you have already scanned an order, it will tell you that it has already been scanned and you can not proceed with shipping anything. If you grab the wrong product for an order and try to scan it in, a buzzer will sound to let you know you are trying to enter in a wrong product, and it will not proceed from there.

Pros

GroovePacker is very easy to use. It shows you all the orders that you have, as well as the ones that have shipped. It is an awesome safeguard against sending out multiple orders, so it saves time and money from mistakes.

Cons

Sometimes the software is a little glichy, but once it is fixed, it works like a charm.

Maire R.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

I can't believe it's that good!

Reviewed on 2020/10/17

so far, it's the best experience we had with a sotfware company!

Pros

It's so easy to set up, and it's a lot of help online if you need more support. Also customer service is very responsive and provides all type of support to help you with any issues. We have been using it for a week now and the staff loves it. Creating bundles (kit) is super easy and a great feature because we fulfill orders for a lot of online sellers who have bundles that are not set up as properly on their websites.

Cons

I would love to have a Put Away feature to scan the products location easily (scan product SKU then scan location, then scan next product sku then location, back to back without having to click anything) and have the locations updated in Shipstation from Groove Packer.

Ammar J.

Great Packing & Warehouse Software

Reviewed on 2015/08/06

This is by far the best software that I have seen in terms of Quality Control when packers and shippers have to scan labels and make sure they have the correct items in each box. The software gives pictures when scanning and the layout if perfect and clear. It also makes sounds so that if your on the other side of the warehouse you will know if you scanned something wrong. We had some things that we needed for us and they customized the software for us for a low price and quick turnaround. I dont think they ever took longer than 5-6 hours to respond to my messages, even on weekends!!!! Thats dedication. I appreciate you guys and hope to see your future developments.

Response from Groove Industries

Thank you for your excellent review! Nothing is more motivating! :)

Jeff B.

Top Notch all the way around!

Reviewed on 2015/10/21

We had been using another program ( at a much higher price ) at it totally ruined our inventory and shipping accuracy. From day one groovepacker got us back on track and I can not be happier. Any time we have an issue they are top of it immediately! I would recommend these guys to anyone!!

Response from Groove Industries

Thanks Jeff! You guys are awesome!

Donald M.
  • Industry: Online Media

The Best

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Pros

The software has greatly reduced the mistakes in my shipping department.

Cons

There were none that I can think of. I loved it