shopVOX

Web-based manufacturing solution for custom fabricators

David B.
  • Industry: Design

Modulex Ontario

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Shopvox has been very easy to learn and navigate. There have been some issues making changes, and creating specific reports, but overall, a great platform. There have been some bugs with reports and BI but for day to day quotes, order processing, invoicing and reporting, it has been great.

Pros

Cross referencing data through searches, and related tabs, along with reports and lists. Ability to expand uses for production, web ordering, inventory, time management/tracking for production and more.

Cons

Limited CRM (Sales) platform with less reporting for this area of business. Custom reports can be complicated and convoluted.
Setting up and using the 'Job and Production' segment can be time consuming and can become more time consuming than value for the data entry.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the awesome review. We are so pleased that you are satisfied with shopVOX for your day to day tasks We are constantly improving the software and love suggestions.

Karl L.

Signage CRM system second to none

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

ShopVOX takes over the day to day administration of running the company, from managing sales leads, quotes, sales orders, projects, invoicing, automatically sending statements, product pricing with profit margins, materials, artwork approval, email sync, email templates, online support, monitor the team in real time, ability for customers to have their own login portal to view jobs, invoicing, artwork & order online... the list goes on! I've used a number of CRM systems and trained people on CRM systems for previous roles in the past and always the blown away with how good Shopvox works. 100% recommend to anyone, its a no brainier!

Pros

The ease of use. They have thought of everything you need and put it in a simple interface that's user friendly and easy to follow, its a powerful bit of kit they simplifies running a team of people / company.

Cons

There is not much not to like to be honest, I guess initially its a lot to get your head wrapped around, i.e setting up materials and products, but I think they have an on boarding option for this. But after that its plain sailing.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks Karl for the awesome review. We are so glad that you are blown away by shopVOX and are using so many of its features. We value you!

Warren B.

1st 6 Months using ShopVox

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Despite what might seem like strong Cons mentioned it's still a very powerful software and we would not go back to how we worked previously, we are a team of 8 and everybody agrees using ShopVox is better and we were very organised previously so that does say a lot, despite the Cons and getting over the initial frustration of learning the software (and then training the staff) it is worth while and you will get out what you put in and I do recommend switching to it sooner rather than later and build it as your business grows.

Pros

We have gone completely paperless which has freed up a lot of space, saved money and time. It's quicker to process jobs from quote to invoice and keeps all the information together in 1 easy to access place. Everything is live and the App (new and updated) is great for on the go catch ups and getting deliveries signed for and recorded.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve to setting up products and you will have to spend time figuring out the best way to do this that suits your products and your business and the way you price jobs. We are quite in-depth with our pricing etc and setting up products was quite difficult and eventually had to rebuild all our products as we learned more about the functions to make them more accurate and streamlined. My biggest con is how much you have to figure out for yourself, your ShopVox rep will give you a few live training sessions and the chat function is good but if you want to push hard and get 80-90% set up in the quickest time frame then it can get frustrating getting answers via the chat that help and often until you get those answers you can't move forward much.

Response from TechVOX

Love that you are now completely paperless. Saving trees, time and reducing clutter. Thanks for the review Warren!

Lu P.

ShopVox Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

My overall experience with ShopVox is that it is one of the best products out there for our small graphic design shop. ShopVox has saved us so much time! The product works for me 99.9% at this time - will be 100% once a couple issues are resolved. Thank you for creating a product that meets so many of our needs.

Pros

What I like most about this software is having all job information right at my fingertips. No hunting through stacks of job order sheets or files. When hunting for a past sign we created so I can duplicate it for another customer, I can enter the sign type, etc. in Search and it will show results for jobs that created that particular sign. The added convenience of creating an invoice immediately after the project is finished and emailing it to our customer has saved the company time and payments arrive sooner. We have reduced the amount of paper we had sitting around the office in various stages. Having the products set up in the system has really saved us time when opening new work orders as well as created consistency in our job quoting.

Cons

At this early stage in our use, the Emailed Documents page is a little hit and miss. When I go to Transactions and click on Emailed Documents, it goes to the home page of ShopVox first. Then I need to click on Emailed Documents again before the screen appears. Also, I am having a particular problem with it not showing that my .pdf was emailed to the customer. I have a trouble ticket in on this - still having same issue at this time.

Also, it would be great to be able to change the Work Flow on a job after one has been chosen. If I accidentally choose the wrong Work Flow, I have no way to change it.

Response from TechVOX

Thank you for reviewing shopVOX. We are so happy that you believe shopVOX is one of the best products out there for our small graphic design shop and that it has saved your team so much time. Saving time was one of our main goals! We will certainly work on that 1%! :)

Daniel B.

Excellent app for CRM, and Production Workflow

Reviewed on 2018/07/20

Too many to list.

Pros

We are a small business manufacturing and installing signs in Berkshire. ShopVOX is exactly what we need for our business.

ShopVOX allows us to log and track all our customer interactions, manage their accounts and manage our internal workflows to ensure signage is manufactured and delivered on time and on spec.

Our busy team are able to quickly and easily log sales leads, create and revise quotes, convert approved quotes to sales orders, create production workflows and raise sales invoices. Invoices can be exported from ShopVOX into our accounts at the click of a button.

The team at ShopVOX are very helpful and the most impressive and valuable asset this company has is their ability to listen to customers and upgrade their software quickly to suit customers ever-changing needs. There have been numerous occasions when we have suggested a improvement and we've seen it go live within weeks.

Keep up the good work ShopVOX!

Cons

Nothing at present, and whatever we don't like about the software is usually changed within weeks when we put a reasonable case to ShopVOX.

Peggy H.

All Inclusive Program That Takes Expertise to Use

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

The program works well for us most of the time. When we run into snags Shopvox's support is always available at almost any time.

Pros

You can load all of your products and materials into the program. Once you get everything setup it is easy to do your quotes and invoices in a timely manner.

Cons

We have not been able to get the e-mail portion of the program to work for us, because we do not have an outlook or gmail account. It works best with those email accounts. We thought we would get a program that would tell us what to charge. With Shopvox it is possible to include all of your costs, but you still need to come up with your own final price for a product that will make you a profit. I am finding that there is no magic wand that tells you how to be profitable.

Response from TechVOX

Peggy,

Thank you for your review. We are glad that quotes and invoices are easy to do now!! The more you use shopVOX, the easier it is to use and the more time you will save.

Michael G.

Easy to use, customizable, great support structure and a must have for any signage or print...

Reviewed on 2018/01/31

Automating the quotation process and implementation of a much more easier workflow.

Pros

The ability to manipulate the software to do almost anything you want it to do. Creating products is easy, entering materials via the csv upload works seamlessly as it is also easy to update the materials, costs, margins etc

ShopVOX offer a lot of variation options to format and customize your own ShopVOX user experience that suits your own unique business structure.

The user interface (UI) is so easy to navigate and find my way around each and every feature and function of ShopVOX.

The biggest Pro is the support from ShopVOX and the team. It is available around the clock and is endless. All the staff at ShopVOX are VERY knowledgeable, helpful and offer the best and fastest support available.

Cons

Entering data such as customers and vendors can be cumbersome but still works well. System Maintenance scheduled times can be annoying for us users in Australia as the software goes down at our busiest times, but not a big issue considering the number of updates and feature upgrades that ShopVOX constantly do to make the software better every day.

Marion N.

Fantastic for smaller shops

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

I discovered them at a convention and was really skeptical of what they promised for such a small price. They gave me a decent free trial for me to try things out and I realized it was all for real. Creating powerful customized estimates was a major bonus as well as workflows with custom fields to enter in information important to our business. It's an extremely good value. What's more, their customer service is top notch and they are always improving the software. Any time I have had an issue they have either helped me fix it or have adjusted the software to allow me to do what I need to do.

Pros

The Estimating feature is HIGHLY customizable. I was able to program a lot of different price structures into it. Anyone with a basic understanding of programming can create extremely powerful price options

Cons

It shows it's sign shop roots a little bit and can be a little finicky for cut-sheet digital shops. They are constantly improving it so this is steadily getting beter

Response from TechVOX

Thanks Marion for the great review of shopVOX!

Tim S.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Finally a Software that is truly built for Printing, Signage, Award and the Promotional...

Reviewed on 2017/09/09

Quick quoting
Production management
Usable reports

Pros

Before ShopVOX, we had used three different platforms for our sales and shop operations. None of the three had worked seemelessly.

ShopVOX has enabled us to manage our workflow, track the sales activities that lead to new jobs, and also use solid costing on our quotes to ensure that we're pricing correctly and maintaining margin with sales.

The quoting process is quick and consistent. Pricing templates can handle all aspects of a simple or complex order.

Cons

To be expected you do have devote time into setting up the pricing structure for your individual shop. I blocked out six days to get everything set up.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Tim - thanks for your detailed review. We're very happy that you're a customer and I hope you'll get some value from our new E-Commerce features. As always - if there's anything I can do - just give me a shout.

Steve H.
  • Industry: Printing

Shopvox is a great cloud-based estimating and production workflow management software package.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

I am able to quote projects more quickly and accurately. I am also able to follow up on quotes, get customer information quickly. Shopvox is a great tool to keep all information on a project in one place.

Pros

We are able to quote jobs with very accurate cost measurements. We are able to send quotes and invoices to customers very quickly. Accounts receivables are easy to manage and follow up on. Production workflow can be managed very well with this software, down to as much detail as you want.

Cons

Navigating the software sometimes requires too many clicks, too many screens, in particular when quoting. Updates and changes occur to the software often without any notification.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Steve - thanks so much for your review.

I'd like to hear more about the too many clicks issue and specifically what we can do to help to improve the quoting feature for you.

Please shoot me an email so we can setup a time to discuss.

-Bryant from shopVOX

Jose G.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great software!

Reviewed on 2018/01/05

Pros

The software offers me real time reports when I need to know how much have I sold during the whole year so far, as well as daily sales, open invoices, payments, etc.

Cons

does not have certain capabilities yet, I am sure they will improve it soon, for example, if you have a customer that is a reseller, but begun as a regular customer with regular tax, then sends you a reseller certificate, sometimes, is not possible to just take out the tax, you need to void the invoice and create a new one, even if you have changed the customer details from taxable to non taxable, it is simply not possible just to uncheck the tax. I am pretty sure they will fix that, because in some cases, the software allows it and in some it doesn't.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Jose, thanks for the review. Appreciate it and thanks for being our customer.

w.r.to the question you have about making an Inv non-taxable (for resellers) this should be doable 100%. Please contact our support chat 24x5 and you should be able to do this.

Jaycee B.
  • Industry: Printing

Great Software that makes my job easier!

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

Pros

When using ShopVox I feel like writing up quotes and orders is easy and convenient. Also when sending things to our clients it looks super professional and easy for them to use and understand. I love that whenever I have a question I can easily message and get a response from a team member at ShopVox.

Cons

I would love to be able to track our team members time on a specific job/order # so that when we are quoting new jobs we have a good way to reference how long it took us and be able to quote a price that we know will be profitable.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the wonderful review Jaycee!!

Matt C.

ShopVOX helps our business

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

We were hesitant to switch POS systems again (we were originally with SignVox and Casper before that), but this move has been fantastic. Our entire team is up-to-speed on the software and we are all loving it.

Pros

The depth and portability are it's biggest assets. We are just now digging deeper into the pricing structures to fine tune our products, and it's going to be a game-changer for our business. Quoting and invoicing is a breeze, and teaming up with an online payment portal has been extremely beneficial. And being able to write up orders anywhere is a dream.

Cons

If I had to make a complaint, it would be with the speed and loading times in some areas. I'm guessing the upgrade to AWS will greatly improve this problem.

Response from TechVOX

We are appreciative of your review Matt. We love knowing that you are taking advantage of writing orders from outside your shop, plus that quoting and invoicing is easy to use.

Great software with a support team that is continuously improving the product!

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

It has helped us to streamline our production and to have accountability to each step along the way. Production efficiency has gone up, and visibility is improving daily.

Pros

We originally only used the software for quoting, which became a work order, which became an invoice. It worked great for that purpose. We've recently started using it to manage our production as well, and is a great tool there as well!

Cons

The system is a LIVE system that is always updating. This can make changes to the scheduling a little slow, as it is updating with every change. The system overall has a slow response time as well (on the production management end), but ShopVox has let us know of their goals and improvements they've made along the way.

• Industry: Graphic Design

ShopVox has helped us get streamlines

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

We feel it has speed up our quotes and proofing and ability to track everything.

Pros

We love the ease of quoting, no longer needing to pull figures out of the air for prices.
Our clients and team love the online proofing.
Very easy to email quotes, proofs and invoices; as well as get payments quicker than we used too.
Complete project management.
Someone is always available if you have questions via Chat

Cons

Takes a while to customize and setup for your business.
At first I felt like it would be nice just to have someone just manage the software and help train to use it so we could all get up to speed with it.

Response from TechVOX

Appreciate the review and so happy to see that you are enjoying and benefiting from the quote feature.

Simion B.

Shopvox

Reviewed on 2018/11/17

I have been using using Signvox, and then ShopVOX, for over 4 years now and really like it.
It is an easy to use, fast, comprehensive, and scaleable piece of software.

Support, when required, is fast and reliable. The tech team are also continually improving the software with tweaks and new features. They obviously monitor the performance closely to ensure smooth running and good server speed.

Pros

Comprehensive, clean UI, ease of use, plenty of features included without need for extra subscriptions.

Cons

finding enough time to explore all the features

Casey C.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

ShopVox helped us connect with our client and employees

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Pros

ShopVox helped us all be on the same page on a project by project basis. It has made us look much more professional to our clients. Especially when sending quotes and asking for project approvals. The reporting features are also a huge benefit.

Cons

ShopVox communication system is great, but adding more features and re-formatting how the information is displayed would be greatly appreciated. Adding "daily digests" for tasks. Having a 'Slack' or ' G Hangouts' style messenger that integrates with projects would be a great addition.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the great review Casey. So awesome that you are all able to be on the page for each project and that you appear more professional to clients. Huge benefits!! Also, thanks for the suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

Mark K.

My experience with ShopVOX has been very positive. The customer support staff is very...

Reviewed on 2017/11/24

Increased efficiency, improved communication with both customers and staff. Our pricing is easier to do, and is more accurate. We are better able to control profits because our pricing more closely represents true costs.

Pros

ShopVOX is constantly evolving - - new improvements are introduced on a regular basis. The development team is responsive and as a result, the software is ever-improving.

Response from TechVOX

Thank you Mark for your comment. We greatly appreciate you!

Susan S.

Review from the Sign Pad

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

Hello, loving this product. The enhancements over SignVox are wonderful. Still working out bugs as we had SignVox streamlined well for our organization. Job board not quite as easy to use as SignVox, wish Task List just had a summary so more showed up on one screen, still some enhancements I'd like to see but know this ongoing. Your support staff is great... sometime I can stump them though. Glad we switched

Pros

well thought out and coded.... still find a few bugs, but they have mostly been fixed.

Cons

Some of the ease of use features in SignVox don't seem so easy in ShopVox.... mostly the Job Board where we could change status/job easily

Dawn B.

ShopVox has been a key component in our sign companies increased productivity & profitability

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

ShopVox allows all the staff, in real time, to monitor sales leads and orders, production workflow from design to delivery. Our client's are able to easily communicate with us through online portals. ShopVox has enabled us to have a cohesive efficiency where we used to get bogged down.

Cons

As with any software there is investment required to learn all of the capabilities. There are some "work arounds" we've implemented to make ShopVox more optimal for our company.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Dawn - just wanted to say thanks so much for your review. We're very glad that shopVOX has enabled better efficiency in your shop.

If you haven't already - definitely send the details of those "workarounds" to our team. It might be something we could address.

Thanks.
- Bryant from shopVOX

• Industry: Graphic Design

Shopvox is a fantastic software

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

I’m generating daily quotes and invoices that help my clients see our craftsmanship and quality.

Pros

This software is efficient and reasonably priced. It creates clean lines for quotes invoices and procedures.

Cons

I wish the support spoke better English and they broke things down into layman’s terms instead of from an IT’s brain.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for your feedback!

Kyle S.

I would recommend shopvox

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

Pros

The search bar when you looking for an existing customer

Cons

Not that User Friendly, when you hit back all of the data erases

Response from TechVOX

Thank for your review Kyle. Before you hit back, you need to save first. That will save your information. Or, you can open a new tab for the page you need to enter data in. Then make sure you save before closing.

Doug P.

Since upgrading to ShopVox, it has streamlined our processes and added confidence with the...

Reviewed on 2018/07/12

Pros

The features and functionality are awesome. We were able to reduce our working templates from 36 down to 10 that contain virtually everything we do. With drop down menus, required fields, hidden filters and formulas etc. you can totally customize this software to suit your shop. Our sales reps and customer service reps can now, quickly and confidently, produce quotes and sales orders knowing that the right information is in the job, at the right price. Have a problem? No problem, just "chat" with the support staff and they walk you through it right away. That's priceless!

Cons

It's not really fair to call this a "con" but it takes a great deal of work to customize this program before implementing it to your shop and staff. It took weeks to put everything together, building, testing, modifying, and retesting. BUT, that's all in the background and the end user doesn't see the complexity of it, they just end up with a very refined tool.

Eric L.

ShopVox

Reviewed on 2019/03/03

The chat help support is very responsive.

Pros

Easy to set-up pricing. Has a good quote & proof review system

Cons

Entering new customers can be cumbersome with multiple re-entries of the same data.

CRM tools are limited.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for leaving feedback about shopVOX. We are constantly evolving and improving the software, so feel free to offer suggestions to our customer support with CRM recommendations. We are glad you are benefiting from the quote and proof features.

Jeff G.

Great

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

Since the new upgrade the speed has been the biggest noticeable change. When dealing with multiple large orders in a day any improvement to speed allows us to get more done. Bottom line.

Cons

Right now, the software fulfills our requirements. Before however it was very apparent that it was not built to handle shops with numerous orders living within shopvox.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the review Jeff! Appreciate it!