MSP360 Backup

Managed cloud backup solution for MSPs and IT departments

Ben M.

Easy access to a wider range of backup solutions

Reviewed on 2019/10/06

Pros

Cloudberry gives us easy and uncomplicated access to cloud backup solutions usually only accessable through expensive contracts with IT management firms. By using Cloudberry in tandem with backblaze b2, we've reduced our offsite backup costs to 1/10th of the price.

Cons

The setup process is a bit clunky for people without experience but their team are more than happy to help if you get stuck!

Michael S.

No Cloud without CloudBerry

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

CloudBerry has been an essential component of our successful operations in AWS GovCloud. Hopefully, it will continue to deliver fantastic service now that it's owned by Microsoft.

Thank you to the entire CloudBerry team for the assistance you've provided to us over the last seven years!

Pros

Since we moved into the AWS GovCloud seven years ago, we have relied on CloudBerry for daily backups of our MS SQL Server database and our Perforce codebase. CloudBerry has been FANTASTIC! Great price, but more importantly, completely dependable and worth every dime. Support has always been quick and effective.

Cons

I can't think of any issues that have been a problem.

Peter T.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Most reliable cloud backup for S3 / B2

Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I back up a personal Linux (UNRAID) server to BackBlaze B2. Using CloudBerry helps me save money on backup costs and add more control over my backups.

Pros

Tested several other Linux applications, including DIY, and found CloudBerry to be the most reliable for several reasons:

- Backing up always worked.
- Restoring went without a hitch.
- Set it and forget it.
- Automated notifications.
- Low system memory usage, and allows customizing the threads.
- Customizable backup schedules: some directories I do daily, others weekly, and semi-monthly full-backups of everything!
- Support is only an e-mail away -- and they are quick to respond.

Cons

The interface could use some finesse. I ran in to an error message that was vague and unhelpful when configuring my initial backups, but I e-mailed support and literally within 24 hours was responded to. (In the end, the error was because I was using the application inside of a Docker container which was not properly configured for the permissions!)
More granular controls of the network configuration would be helpful.

Stephen G.

Fantastic backup program that allows even novices to take control of backups

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

As someone who is not particularly tech-savvy and saw the demise of Crashplan for consumers, I have been very happy to discovery Cloudberry backup. Among other things, Cloudberry gives even home-users some control over backups. Being able to encrypt data on the client-side with strong encryption BEFORE uploading to the cloud, being able to choose among numerous options for cloud storage that are out there without being locked into and completely dependent upon just one service, and being able to fine-tune numerous options in a backup plan are only some of the pros.

Cloudberry also has great customer support. They usually respond to support tickets within 24 hours or less. This has especially been handy given that I knew next to nothing about backup software and the various options before encountering Cloudberry. The Cloudberry support folks have been very informative and patient!

The Cloudberry interface is also very functional. For a novice without a technical background, the many options can sometimes seem overwhelming, but Cloudberry has good support documentation online (and great tech support as mentioned above). Over time and through continued use, one comes to see how fluid the interface is.

While doing internet research, I stumbled across Cloudberry through a recommendation on some Security Now podcasts that extolled Cloudberry's encryption structure. Further research suggested Cloudberry has a great reputation. The product lives up to it!

Cons

In fairness to Cloudberry, their target customer is probably not a home-user with 0 technical background who has trouble programming his DVR. Clearly, the Cloudberry software is loaded with the sort of options that tech folks and businesses are going to be interested in. As a result, they are never going to be able to write the software as simply a "point and click" kind of thing.

That said, I do wish there was some sort of equivalent to "Backup Storage with Cloudberry for Dummies" or the like. It would be nice if there were some general articles not only describing how to access and use all of the various options the software provides, but also spoon-feeding to novices an assessment or suggestions about which options to choose and when and why.

To be clear, great tech support and good backup documentation online allow for a novice to pick things up. But it does take some time and commitment.

• Used Other for 2+ years

Cloudberry makes backing up to the cloud as easy as possible

Reviewed on 2018/10/10

We've never had any problem with how Cloudberry works, and are very pleased with how easy it is to deploy and manage.

Pros

Unlike other backup software I've used -and reviewed as well- Cloudberry makes it a simple as can be. It can get a little complex when you enable some of the optional features, but they are worth trying. You can backup to mostly any public cloud repository and even locally to by different protocols like SMB, NFS, FTP.
Most useful when user base is not centralized, but disperse in remote offices, home offices, on the road (Salespeople, consultants, etc).
Licensing is very affordable and support is efficient.

Cons

Management can become a problem after a couple hundred devices, so some other product with centralized management might be better. Also, the lack of a centralized intelligence for the backup system means there's no way for global deduplication, so no storage optimization can be obtained. Anyway, this compensates with the use of cold-archive repositories in the public cloud.
Anual licensing is not the most convenient, I'd like to see consumption based monthly licensing.
I'd like a feature added to manage the cloud repositories -AWS which we use the most, and Azure- from the Cloudberry portal. Currently we need to manage separately.

Katherine F.

Good tool for the use of backups and storage

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

It is a very easy tool to use, its interface allows any user to access and control what they want to do. It has allowed me to create backup copies and store them in different destinations that I want, very good indeed, its free version is very good, has little restrictions

Cons

So far I have not had any inconveniences with the platform, it has been a good experience, its storage time is just the right one

• Industry: Automotive

Easy to set up, easy to get going.

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Pros

The ability to backup to a local storage and then send it to the cloud for offline storage is very useful, especially for disaster recovery purposes. The ease of use to configure everything makes it so that even a novice can figure it out so you don't really need to contact support. Still, the online help makes it so that anyone can figure out their own solution if you're stuck. With a free trial period, anyone should be able to see if it fits your needs or not.

Cons

Can't find anything not to like yet. If I were to comment on one thing, it would be great to have direct links to online help from the various menus within the software in case people are trying to figure out what that screen means and how to fill it out. For example, the File System Account screen. I'm not sure what Display Name means and how it's relevant so I just winged it and put something.

Chris J.
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Replaced CrashPlan with this

Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Pros

* Every feature I could want
* Reasonably easy to setup and use
* Offers end-to-end encryption
* Works very well with Amazon S3 and other storage services
* Has very sophisticated file versioning to help mitigate ransomware
* Priced well
* Free version is quite feature packed

Cons

* Would benefit from extra hand-holding / tools for setting up and managing your S3 account -- S3 is quite sophisticated and is designed to be a back-end storage for custom applications or for other Amazon web services. Setting it up, creating buckets, getting the security right, etc. is a somewhat steep learning curve and some good middleware would make this a lot easier. There are indeed some tools built in for performing some tasks, estimating backup costs, etc., but it seems that this could be more extensive and perhaps include some "wizards" or visual tools or whatever.

Matt I.

Pretty Cool

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

It did its job very well. Cloud Berry makes great products.

Pros

CloudBerry installs on everything. It is a very mature product with many options.

Cons

It seems kind of expensive. I was getting a discount through my CRM vendor, but once that stopped, I started looking else where. Also the web interface was very slow and buggy.

Jesse M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simple backup solution for a small business

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

This software give me piece of mind knowing that our server data is backup into the cloud. Keeps the backup process simple.

Pros

The software was easy to step up. After setup and configuring your cloud locations the system performs as expected. I receive an email when the backup is finished and saved to the cloud.

Cons

There was a little learning curve for the first time setup to connect to the cloud (Amazon Glacier) but after I worked trough it all. Things work great.

Jason C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great Cloud Backup Solution

Reviewed on 2019/01/07

Overall this is a great tool for people that want to chose their cloud provider, and possibly use multiple storage solutions.

Pros

I've been using this for about a month and it seems to be a solid solution. I use AWS Glacier for storage. It was fast to backup and didn't seem to conflict with my other internet traffic. I did a test restore of a few files which worked fine. It was a little slow to restore, but I assume that was due to Glacier.

Cons

Might just be me, but the interface is a but too cartoony for my taste. Like from the Windows XP or Office 2007 ribbon toolbar era.

Kevin C.
  • Industry: Accounting

Cloudberry does everything I need it to.

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Pros

Unlike many other backup solutions I've tried for home use, Cloudberry allows you to backup from more or less anywhere to more or less anywhere you want. Other products I've struggled with have typically hamstrung my backup ambitions by only offering local to cloud (usually with a limited selection of providers) only, or local to mapped drive location but not UNC path, or vice versa, or from network locations but not to them etc. etc. and I've ended up cobbling solutions together with symlinks, scripts, multiple tools etc. Cloudberry has made it easy for me to setup my preferred 1-2-3 scheme with a single tool offering all of the bells and whistles you'd want, including universal encryption, compression and more.

David I.

It is the easiest product I ever tried for local and cloud backup

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

I even noticed some references to bare metal backups and more features available in different versions. The Enterprise version looks very powerful.
As I'm using this tool just for my home network, several of the higher-end features are just too much.

Pros

Simplicity is the most important feature in CloudBerry Backup. You can back up your computer to a local server or NAS and from it to one or several clouds. Setting up the backups is very, very simple. I still didn't need to restore my files, but I expect the same kind of simplicity for doing it.
I'm using the latest Windows Insider Preview of Windows 10 and I didn't have any problems. Other applications like LIMA failed miserable when upgrading Windows.

Esteve V.

Safety

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

I use it as a safety method for all my files to not loose them, and the program it is so effective in that purpose. it's a very flexible and useful tool.

Pros

It has numerous functionalities that make the program very useful in a wide variety of ways. Although it may look a little bit complicated at first, it should be easy to manage for everyone. The program is designed for backing up almost any type of file (and not for storage) and it fulfills perfectly with its purpose. The program has a very wide range of backup destinations and has enough space on the free version for anyone. Also, you can save many versions of the backups on the cloud. I like the program becasue it makes me feel safe that I won't loose any data if something bad happens to the computer. Maybe it is not 100% necessary, but you would prefer to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Cons

Not much space in the archive mode. The advanced mode is actually too much advanced and creates too many files. Also, sometimes it duplicated files.

Ziver K.

This is a great piece of software. Highly recommend it for a bit more tech-savvy person.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

The possibility of backing up to multiple cloud storage providers and in so increasing the reliability of the backup as you are not dependent on one storage provider.
Great price for what you get.
The ability to choose what country your backup is uploaded to.
LINUX client!

Cons

The summary emails do not really warn if your backup has stopped only if it fails to back up.
There is no way of combining all backups into one summary email, you will get one email for each backup job.
You need to be a bit tech-savvy to setup a backup as you need an additional account at a cloud storage provider (not a one-click setup).

Just installed today, and it is better than I imagined.

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

This product has the capability to backup to the AWS cloud, which is more than I can say about some previously used software. It also has the ability to restore from backup to Amazon EC2. Even in the backup did not originate from there.

Cons

Got an error message when trying to install initially. There was nothing to it. Non-descriptive/informative. It did however open a page within Internet Explorer that pointed to a Microsoft download of a prerequisite. Once that was downloaded and installed, everything else was like a walk on the beach.

Duran S.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great value for money and i couldnt be happier to have choosen this software

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Safe documents you can store away without any worries

Pros

It is very secure I've never had a security issue in all my years using it
Its interface allows effortless back-up without any complications
Very good software and does everything I need

Cons

I have had an issue with speed but after talking to customer service they helped me in just minutes

Julian C.

Well designed UI, easy to set up a backup and replication to online storage

Reviewed on 2017/09/30

Pros

Ease of installation and use, configurability. number of online storage provide options. Not many linux produscts are easy to set up.

Cons

Estimated number of files to backup not accurate until backup is complete, so it can be hard to judge if the backup is working correctly

Petya M.

I really like this software - I can use it while working with more than one storage and clouds.

Reviewed on 2018/06/24

It helps me, while working with multiple cloud platforms and different storages. It is good and reliable.

Pros

It is easy to download and install. The large availability of storage is very attractive, the pricing is also affordable.

Cons

The lack of mobile versions, this limits me only to desktop version, which is not very comfortable, since I use mobile devices in % of my working time.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Decent Backup Interface

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

It does have the ability to run scheduled backups across quite a few different cloud based backup services. It will maintain file structure knowledge even against services that split files into multiple sectors.

Cons

There's a lot of red tape when it comes to licensing with limitations on file uploads and container amounts.

Easy to use, has the features I need.

Reviewed on 2018/02/05

Pros

* Had the features I need (cloud backup to Backblaze,real-time backup, encryption, compression)
* Easy to install and use
* Great price.

Cons

* While the PC version has the features that meet my needs and work well, the Mac version does all of the same features.

Good cloud-backup application

Reviewed on 2018/12/26

Pros

Very clean and easy to use interface. Solid product, we've never had any issues with it.

Cons

Logging and customer support can be improved.

Sahil V.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Probably best software for cloud storage and protects our data virtually.

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

Pros

I think this is the best software available in the market for cloud storage,usually it has all the formats like google cloud,Amazon cloud drive etc.So its always good to have plenty of choices whenever it comes to cloud storages.

Cons

The user interface of this software is very tough for normal user.User should have a little knowledge of technicality to use this software but this software provide us so many platforms to store our data in cloud as compared to others.

Dan K.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Retired Marketing Mgr

Reviewed on 2017/11/26

Pros

High quality, reliable and feature rich. Great value with ability to create backups to local as well as online locations.

Cons

Steep learning curve but offers lots of options. GUI is not as intuitive as others but allows user to determine exact needs.

James Z.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Robust yet easy to use back up manager

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Ability to use multiple cloud providers and still use only a single interface managing them all.

Pros

The cloud provider support. Over 60! The ability to set individual back up schedules for each provider.

Cons

Interface is dated and a bit too cartoonish. Back up is serious business and the interface should reflect that but that's just a matter of taste.