MSP360 Backup

4,5
Daniel C.

Ultimate MSP Backup Tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

The biggest thing we noticed the ability to white label the product so out clients don't know where we can the software from, it makes it look like it is a in house solution.

Pros

Most compatible and more customization than any other backup software, works with all storage providers on all OS with unlimited customization.

Cons

They got rid of their in house ransomware protection and now you have to install another piece of software on your servers to protection them from that.

Ben M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Easy access to a wider range of backup solutions

Reviewed on 2019/10/06

Pros

Cloudberry gives us easy and uncomplicated access to cloud backup solutions usually only accessable through expensive contracts with IT management firms. By using Cloudberry in tandem with backblaze b2, we've reduced our offsite backup costs to 1/10th of the price.

Cons

The setup process is a bit clunky for people without experience but their team are more than happy to help if you get stuck!

Jim S.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Support is crappy

Reviewed on 2019/03/22

I use to like the ticket support of Cloudberry Labs. I have been a paid maintenance customer since 2013. In the maintenance plan they offer upgrades and support.
Even though they enjoy my annual maintenance fees on 9 licenses they refuse to honor the upgrade clause in the agreement.

I use to recommend the software and praise the support but in the past year it has went downhill fast. They don’t even read the issue in the support ticket and respond otherwise.

I don’t not recommend them any more now based upon my real life experience now.

Ease of install
Runs in background

Cons

Crappy support
Annual fee required to keep upgraded
Refuse to honor their maintenance agreements

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Michael S.

No Cloud without CloudBerry

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

CloudBerry has been an essential component of our successful operations in AWS GovCloud. Hopefully, it will continue to deliver fantastic service now that it's owned by Microsoft.

Thank you to the entire CloudBerry team for the assistance you've provided to us over the last seven years!

Pros

Since we moved into the AWS GovCloud seven years ago, we have relied on CloudBerry for daily backups of our MS SQL Server database and our Perforce codebase. CloudBerry has been FANTASTIC! Great price, but more importantly, completely dependable and worth every dime. Support has always been quick and effective.

Cons

I can't think of any issues that have been a problem.

Daniel H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great for backing up locally and to cloud

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

Main reason we are using this software is ability to restore to cloud. In case of some sort of emergency when our physical location is not available, we can restore all of our VMs to Azure. We also back up locally to a NAS

Cons

It can be confusing setting up. I had to contact support many times to make sure I was doing it correctly and even now I'm not sure if i'm doing it all correctly but I know our backups can be restored. I have had some errors pop up on restore that made me change some settings. Had I not tested it and needed to restore, we would've been screwed

William A.
Industry: Financial Services

Simple Set it and Forget It Installation

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

I need to run my business without being concerned that my backup data is secure and current. This software has allowed me a set it and forget it set up. Every so often I log into it and check the log files and it hasn't failed me. You can even set it to send you an email upon errors.

Pros

The software was as simple as following the prompts to get rolling. I like that it has several destination options available to send the backups, that it allows for block back up, encryption, throttling as to not use computer memory or internet bandwidth during backups. You can select directories and exclude file types. It is pretty versatile.

Cons

I can not say I have any con's on this particular software program because the fee was even one time, not monthly or annual.

Christopher W.
Industry: Computer Networking

Cloudberry Review

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Overall our experience has been good. Only one call to support has been needed and the resolved our issue quickly

Pros

Cost is the best in the business. Great product for a small msp to offer backup services for an affordable rate.

Cons

Speed of the backup. Cloudberry is about half as fast as acronis but for a much cheaper price.

Erick V.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Cloud Backup

Reviewed on 2020/04/24

Pros

Is it easy to use and configure. You can run File-Level Backup and Virtual Machine Backup also which is a great advantage, you can cover your backup in different levels.

Cons

This has been a bad experience when I tried to recover for the first time in a real situation and I was not able to do it. I called the support and they just said that there was a bug in the system and it was not possible run the restore. I tried to recover 2 files from a VM backup and the support told me that I had to recover the whole VM which was totally crazy. That was one year ago, and I am still waiting for a solution. Since that time, I had to start running 2 different backup, one VM backup and one File-Level BAckup

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Melissa E.
Industry: Online Media
Company size: Self Employed

Quick and easy personal backup solution

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

I'm an individual who was looking for a cloud backup solution for my physical backup on external hard drives. I combined MSP360 CloudBerry Backup with Wasabi S3 storage. I only have about 1TB worth of data and want full control over my data.

Pros

The process to set up an automated backup to Wasabi S3 storage was quick and painless. Set up your target storage location, choose your desired items to back up, set parameters, hit go! During the initial backup, it responded well to picking up where it left off when closing the app or shutting down the computer for the day.

Cons

The initial backup progress meter was a bit misleading, indicating only X amount of files and gb were backing up, but I knew for certain that there was so much more! Once completed, I spot-checked and found no issues thus far.

It would be great to have a more visual completion confirmation. You can view the structure of your backup, but it's not clearly indicated whether or not it's finished, in progress or in queue.

Michael S.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Reliable Backup to S3

Reviewed on 2020/02/18

It works well and seems a good value for money.

Pros

Restore to 'a point in time' - useful in case I delete a Dropbox folder and don't realise that I've done so for some time + runs on Mac OS

Cons

Can't think of any. Seems quite slick and stable.

Edward C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

The perfect solution for critical desktops

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Cost saving and fewer problems with critical desktop recovery and migration

Pros

I've been using Cloudberry products since 2012, initially various versions of Cloudberry Explorer, plus Cloudberry Server Backup for a client's web and development servers. I started using Cloudberry Desktop Backup for myself a couple of years ago, and am now implementing it for a client. They have a situation with critical data being split between desktops and servers, and an older backup system for their servers, Cloudberry Desktop offers desktop backup at a lower cost than using the existing system's desktop agents, as well as independence more secure and predictable storage, all at a much lower cost than the various online systems, and control of your own data. Restoration is also much quicker, when needed. Finally there is no need for constant paid upgrades and eventual "this version is no longer supported" situations.

Cons

Regarding the desktop backup, it would be nice to have a management facility to take care of multiple installations. The user profile backup is a little misleading, since one of the major subfolders of a profile must be selected - i.e - Documents, Desktop, Downloads. Many recruiters tend to save and edit resumes in the downloads directory. It would be nice to have an option for documents, downloads, and desktop in one shot.

Response from CloudBerry Lab

Hello and thanks for your review.
>Regarding the desktop backup, it would be nice to have a management facility to take care of multiple installations.

We have built a solution, specifically for these needs. It is called CloudBerry Managed Backup and will allow you to fully manage multiple installations.
Check out: https://www.cloudberrylab.com/managed-backup.aspx

Industry: Biotechnology

Server Backup: The best and most flexible option despite some issues

Reviewed on 2017/11/25

Pros

I'm focusing this review on the Server Backup edition of CB backup. It's incredibly flexible in terms of configuration and storage options. It will work with just about any cloud provider that you might need, including Backblaze B2. The interface is pretty good , at least compared to the competition. It's got some quirky elements, but I've been able to figure out how to do most things pretty easily. Basically, if you want to choose your storage provider separately and are looking for a tool to access that storage, that can work with different providers and offers multiple backup sets, it seems like the best choice, at least in this price range. The server backup edition offers OS backup, system state backup and bare metal backup restore, which is really nice. I'm using it on WHS2011, where I've previously had to cobble together a mix of Windows server backup and 3rd party options. So far it looks like I'll be able to do it all with Cloudberry which is great, and in addition, combine local and cloud backup flexibly.

Cons

Backup version control could be improved. I've used crashplan in the past, which has abandoned its consumer market - but crashplan had excellent control of version saving so you could save more recent versions and less older versions - while always retaining some older backups in case you need to do a restore from an older period. Hopefully, CB will improve version control. Another issue for me is the business model. I'm not thrilled that I need a license for every single machine I want to backup - but the real kicker is that there is a 1TB limit on cloud storage with all the editions except the very expensive Ultimate edition. This is surprising at first because Cloudberry is not providing the storage! It is a purely arbitrary limitation that has nothing to do with software capabilities. These days, with large media files, 1 TB is not so large. You really have to search the website to even find this out - it's not described in the product specs. So $29 for the basic desktop version - but if you want to backup all those movies and music and home videos - the price goes up by 10x. On the other hand, they seem to be willing to release that limitation in exchange for a review, so that's okay.
The progress bars are not very helpful - you can't really see how much is waiting to be backed up and it's difficult to see how much is currently in the backup storage.
Beyond that major issue, I've run into some glitches - but nothing that keeps me from using the software.

Stephen G.

Fantastic backup program that allows even novices to take control of backups

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

As someone who is not particularly tech-savvy and saw the demise of Crashplan for consumers, I have been very happy to discovery Cloudberry backup. Among other things, Cloudberry gives even home-users some control over backups. Being able to encrypt data on the client-side with strong encryption BEFORE uploading to the cloud, being able to choose among numerous options for cloud storage that are out there without being locked into and completely dependent upon just one service, and being able to fine-tune numerous options in a backup plan are only some of the pros.

Cloudberry also has great customer support. They usually respond to support tickets within 24 hours or less. This has especially been handy given that I knew next to nothing about backup software and the various options before encountering Cloudberry. The Cloudberry support folks have been very informative and patient!

The Cloudberry interface is also very functional. For a novice without a technical background, the many options can sometimes seem overwhelming, but Cloudberry has good support documentation online (and great tech support as mentioned above). Over time and through continued use, one comes to see how fluid the interface is.

While doing internet research, I stumbled across Cloudberry through a recommendation on some Security Now podcasts that extolled Cloudberry's encryption structure. Further research suggested Cloudberry has a great reputation. The product lives up to it!

Cons

In fairness to Cloudberry, their target customer is probably not a home-user with 0 technical background who has trouble programming his DVR. Clearly, the Cloudberry software is loaded with the sort of options that tech folks and businesses are going to be interested in. As a result, they are never going to be able to write the software as simply a "point and click" kind of thing.

That said, I do wish there was some sort of equivalent to "Backup Storage with Cloudberry for Dummies" or the like. It would be nice if there were some general articles not only describing how to access and use all of the various options the software provides, but also spoon-feeding to novices an assessment or suggestions about which options to choose and when and why.

To be clear, great tech support and good backup documentation online allow for a novice to pick things up. But it does take some time and commitment.

Hada B.
Industry: Computer Software

Excellent alternative for enterprise file backup

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Using this software has been a great benefit since we keep our information backed daily so that in the event of any server failure we will be calm, also because all the files that we upload to the cloud through this software are kept extremely secure by the encryption provided by it that someone can access them without our approval is really impossible and that gives us peace of mind to be able to focus on other activities.

Pros

I like this software because it has aspects that make it really efficient at the business level, such as the speed it has when creating backups, since it doesn't matter where the files to which the backup is being created come from, it is No matter the size, the speed is the same, it may be able to create non-repeated backups because it has a very versatile function, also provides its users with support for a variety of backup sources as well as the that images from platforms such as Amazon S3 can be restored and the best thing is that if you have any questions about this software your support team provides immediate attention, this is how I consider this software to be ideal for business-level support because it gives everything you need and It is very easy to use .

Cons

One of the disadvantages is that this software cannot be managed centrally, so it is not very easy to say that process, however, rather than something negative, I consider it something that could be implemented to facilitate its use even more.

Gabriel M.
Industry: Computer & Network Security

I'm using Cloudberry Backup Desktop Pro (Windows edition) and CB Exprorer Pro for years ...

Reviewed on 2017/09/18

Perhaps the single available option up-to-date, to achieve the 1-2-3 backup strategy together with CLUOD-TO-CLOUD backup unification into a single bulk CLOUD storage account.

Pros

What I mostly like currently, is the CLOUD-TO-CLOUD option ...
- As per my work I must deal with my customers cloud prefererences 8some omeones like Amazon S3, others BOX, Dropbox, Onedrive, GoogleDrive, Backblaze ... and so on. Then having a bucket shared on their respective accounts allows me to mirror their provided working files to my single account at Wasabi backup CLOUD storage service.

Cons

Cloudberry Backup still doesn't offer client side files encryption for Amazon S3 'compatible' providers like 'Wasabi' but I have not doubt that's already in their THINK-ABOUT or TO_DO list,
>> Would be nice they could integrate 7-ZIP (not WinZIP) encryption as an additional file encryption option to the current AES one already available but for for Amazon S3, only.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Cloudberry makes backing up to the cloud as easy as possible

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/10/10

We've never had any problem with how Cloudberry works, and are very pleased with how easy it is to deploy and manage.

Pros

Unlike other backup software I've used -and reviewed as well- Cloudberry makes it a simple as can be. It can get a little complex when you enable some of the optional features, but they are worth trying. You can backup to mostly any public cloud repository and even locally to by different protocols like SMB, NFS, FTP.
Most useful when user base is not centralized, but disperse in remote offices, home offices, on the road (Salespeople, consultants, etc).
Licensing is very affordable and support is efficient.

Cons

Management can become a problem after a couple hundred devices, so some other product with centralized management might be better. Also, the lack of a centralized intelligence for the backup system means there's no way for global deduplication, so no storage optimization can be obtained. Anyway, this compensates with the use of cold-archive repositories in the public cloud.
Anual licensing is not the most convenient, I'd like to see consumption based monthly licensing.
I'd like a feature added to manage the cloud repositories -AWS which we use the most, and Azure- from the Cloudberry portal. Currently we need to manage separately.

Marian R.
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent backup software for saving to cloud and local. The only one I use for Windows.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2017/09/15

I know my clients' data is being backed up reliably. I use Cloudberry Lab Backup for clients locally and with AWS S3/Glacier. My clients are home users and small businesses.

Pros

The gui is well-designed, there are plenty of options. The choice of cloud storage providers is huge. It's extremely reliable. I've used Cloudberry Lab Backup - free and paid - on clients' servers, desktops, laptops for years. Even when there was no free version the price was so reasonable, much more affordable than other backup programs. In combination with Cloudberry Explorer, you can't beat it. Unlike many other backup solutions, you can also save locally too. The best tool for Windows backup strategies.

Cons

You do have to be fairly technically proficient (which isn't necessarily bad for us tech providers since we have to make a living!) so it's unlikely a regular end user would be able to deal with it. I would like the free version to allow a bit more than 200GB - maybe 350GB - just so I don't worry that a client's backups would stop working since I'm not onsite IT. But the price for one desktop license is so reasonable that if I'm sure a client will need more I just buy one. I did try Cloudberry Lab Backup on the Mac and didn't like it as well as Arq, but that was a while ago. Really this is excellent software.

Paul B.

Not great, but not bad. It does fill a niche not not a lot of other vendors do.

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Backup data to local or remote destinations, even at the same time.

Pros

It does a lot. Backs up to local storage, or any online storage you can imagine. Not many do that. And it works pretty well, but as with any backup software, there are occasional issues. Certainly not more than any other. It beats the pants off Backup Exec (I still can't believe people fork out so much for that, Cloudberry is a great replacement for Backup Exec). It is very reliable overall, rarely locks up or causes problems, and for backup software, that's saying something. I'm using it at several client locations to do local (NAS) and online backups.

Cons

Tech support is very slow to respond. They're answers are generally appropriate, but don't get in a hurry. Frequently I have to go back and forth to get an issue resolved. A tech sup phone would be very helpful.

Stewart M.

Flexible replacement for Crashplan. Handles both local and cloud backups with ease.

Reviewed on 2017/11/24

Pros

I really like the ability to select from so many storage providers. Pick the storage plan that has the pricing and features you need and use CloudBerry Backup to get your data there. I already have it setup to upload photos from four different PCs to Amazon Cloud Drive so my wife can easily view photos from all family members online. I also perform a local backup to a USB HDD attached to a PC. I was able to seed my own backups by attaching the drive to each PC in the house to create the initial backup. Then subsequent backups are run across the network. Took a short amount of time to figure everything out... not as easy as some that are out there... but once you get it down, it's not bad. The flexibility is definitely worth the learning curve. Setting up email notifications was easy and makes it handy to keep track of successful/failed jobs running on multiple computers. I'm still using the free trial, but this is definitely the software I'll be using to replace Crashplan.

Cons

Likely not very easy to learn for anyone that is not very technical. There is a lot more knowledge needed to set this up to work correctly when compared to some other online backup software (like Crashplan or Backblaze)... however, it does offer much more flexibility and choice compared to the others.

Nathan R.

There is backup, and there is cloudberry backup

Reviewed on 2018/01/20

When you want to backup your information, computers, servers, NAS, and make it so that it is not that expensive, there is simply no better option out there.

Pros

I really don't know the story of this company, but it feels like they have been around forever, they absolutely know everything about backup!!!
They are extremely good, one of the few that connects with backblaze b2, it is such a nice thing to work with them, their support exceeds every expectation... there is just not a single bad thing one can say about this company.
Everything they do is smart and well thought out.
And you have so many extras like webinars where they explain everything.
You can't go wrong with them!

Cons

There is nothing not to like, even the price is awesome, the only issue is that you have to pay for the licenses upfront and only on a year per year basis.
Which makes it a bit more expensive to get started, but that is about it. Everything else is awesome.

Peter T.
Industry: Computer Software

Most reliable cloud backup for S3 / B2

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/10/09

I back up a personal Linux (UNRAID) server to BackBlaze B2. Using CloudBerry helps me save money on backup costs and add more control over my backups.

Pros

Tested several other Linux applications, including DIY, and found CloudBerry to be the most reliable for several reasons:

- Backing up always worked.
- Restoring went without a hitch.
- Set it and forget it.
- Automated notifications.
- Low system memory usage, and allows customizing the threads.
- Customizable backup schedules: some directories I do daily, others weekly, and semi-monthly full-backups of everything!
- Support is only an e-mail away -- and they are quick to respond.

Cons

The interface could use some finesse. I ran in to an error message that was vague and unhelpful when configuring my initial backups, but I e-mailed support and literally within 24 hours was responded to. (In the end, the error was because I was using the application inside of a Docker container which was not properly configured for the permissions!)
More granular controls of the network configuration would be helpful.

Dameon W.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Pretty much set it and forget it

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Pros

Once you set it up, it pretty much just runs.
Many, many different backup services and methods supported.
Supports encryption before uploading to cloud.

Cons

The only real issue I've ever had with the product was how it dealt with failures (or rather, didn't) when backing up to a local SMB fileshare and there was an issue on the local disk. I eventually figure out what the issue was, but it would have been nice had the product provided a little more details about what was happening in this situation rather than saying it failed to back up particular files.

Mukul S.

Best backup solution in town !!

Reviewed on 2017/07/12

I am able to backup my file servers and am able to very quickly and efficiently recover them in the event of an issue. I can also use the backup copy job to get my data off site.

Pros

Ease of use. Simple to deploy. Outstanding support in case of rare issues.
Features like integration with existing storage vendors, Restore as a VM in the Cloud (EC2, Azure VM), Image-based backup.
The best solution to backup a SQL Database, a File Server, and a Microsoft Exchange Server.
It is very easy to navigate and cloudberry explorer is just awesome and cost effective in upgrading annually.
The dashboard is very clean and shows your tasks (either successful or failed).
I strongly recommend this product.

Response from CloudBerry Lab

Thank you, Mukul!

Industry: Information Services

Nice basic backup application with a lot of functionality

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Deployed this product to upload backups to Amazon aws and backplaze. It works as designed.

Pros

Easy to use.
Very stable.
Lots of features and functionality.
Integrates with many cloud storage platforms.
Has MSP management and re-branding capability.

Cons

Logging could be significantly improved.
More information could be available online to help troubleshoot this product.
Customer service could be easier to reach over the phone and could be slightly higher level support.

Anand S.

A better way to map your cloud storage as local drive.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

I use AWS S3 storage to store my scanned documents, it use to be a cumbersome job to sync the data through windows command prompt using amazon CLI. Finely after switching to cloudberry the backup and restore job has become much more easier and efficient. It also allows the files search effortlessly. I also allows to connect other cloud storage services.

Cons

It has been a year now I am using the free version of blueberry, I did not find any issue so far. Now I am planning to switch to paid version to get the benefit of its advance features.