Productboard

4.4/5
4.7/5

Ryan
Ryan

Excellent product for managing large amounts of feedback into a concise roadmap

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

Pros

So easy to record feedback through email, chrome, intercom, slack and many more integrations
Easy to use inbox for running through this feedback and matching it up with your roadmap
The look and feel of the site is excellent
Customer support is quick and very helpful
Excellent community including a slack channel with helpful tips, articles etc.
Portal is an excellent idea and great for engaging users and displaying the roadmap to prospective enterprise customers

Cons

I have been a customer for a while now and have had issues sharing the roadmap view with CEO/Investors etc. and it is still not perfect but I can see where improvements are being made to work towards this.

Martha

Essential Product Management

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

11/10

11/10

Pros

The fact that you can collect ideas directly from users and team members outside of the product team, and organize and follow up with all that feedback. As a B2C company, ideas come from everywhere and people always have ideas for new features and want to make sure they're heard!

Cons

There are SO MANY features and the ability to basically customize any of them, it can be a bit overwhelming to get started. The onboarding tutorial was pretty long in order to cover all the features, and at the end I wasn't quite sure how I needed to configure things to best suit my needs. Once I dove in, it's become essential however!

Jira, Trello, Slack and Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Productboard

There's really nothing like it as far as I can tell.
Hana
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

The billing mechanism of individual plan is awful experience

Reviewed on 2020/01/23

After spending some time on working with the tool and really enjoying its quality, I was sure that I would stay with it. But experiencing tricky non-transparent billing is just cold shower making the tool same as any other, just half way through to full value.

Pros

It is for sure well thought through tool.

Cons

It is not mandatory or sole source ... so charging individual for adding member without any alert or notice that just selecting someone as member from drop down menu automatically apply charging to your card is really awful experience ruining any value for the product

Cody
  • Industry: Information Services

Easy to use and helpful

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

We were able to use it to communicate with others and to organize our backlog. I love how feedback is tied to things we are working on or considering working on.

Pros

It has a good deal of flexibility and is easy to grasp.

Cons

It is not really meant for multiple teams. I am having a hard time figuring out how to manage several dev teams and their unique assignments and backlog.

Aha!

Reasons for Choosing Productboard

Needed a more tailored solution

Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Productboard

Easier to use - Aha had more features and was the exact same price.
Tanya
  • Industry: Design

Game changer

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Pros

I love being able to see accurate customer data in relation to feature requests.

Cons

The flow from feature list to roadmap is clunky

Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Lack of Reporting lets this Product Down

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

I have used Productboard in 2 companies now. The UI is a bit funny, but once you get used to it is intuitive enough. The limitations on reporting make it difficult to recommend.

Pros

Capturing feedback from external sources, prioritisation against company goals & objectives

Cons

Unfortunately, there is almost no reporting available. So although I can prioritise against company objectives, it is nearly impossible to report back on how much time and resource is allocated. I don't know how long features take to get released. Or to move from Long-term to short-term etc. I can't therefore set any metrics around speed of development, and can't report back to the board on where resources are being allocated. This makes the product useful for only half of my role.

Kyle
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best must have Product tool for companies

Reviewed on 2023/11/20

Overall phenomenal experience and has truly helped me grow as a product manager and helped me focus my time on the important things.

Pros

Love the roadmapping and the ability to assign releases, and status's and organize your product as you like, extremely flexible and useful tool

Cons

The way it sometimes integrates with other tools and updates the formatting of text, and the inability to correctly format words when pasting from a microsoft word document into the Productboard

Ozan
Ozan

Great product roadmap planner that makes everything visible

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Productboard is a very useful tool to make our relationships transparent with our stakeholders both inside and outside the company.

Pros

The Productboard has a beautiful interface design and is very easy to use. We can easily plan product roadmaps from general to the finest details.

Prioritization scores of product features are calculated automatically according to different parameters. Thus, we can clearly see which feature we should develop first.

User feedback and tools for collecting new ideas are also outdated and very useful. We can also include our users in our product development processes.

Cons

Using the Productboard first time it should be confusing to make a setup according to your needs, but when the system understood everything gets clear and runs smoothly.
Although it has very different layouts, you may not be able to create a layout for your specific needs.

Marcel
Marcel

This product made me a better product manager.

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

As a CEO of an early stage company, I wear a lot of hats. I had to find a way to create really clear roadmaps for the team and change them as we itterate that was visual, easy an most importantly, fast. Productboard was everything I was looking for and so much more.

- The UI looks fantastic.
- There are views for every kind of roadmap discussion, whether that's sprints, waterfall, high level, releases. However you run development or create roadmaps, there's a view that supports the context of that conversation.
- Once you get an understanding of how it works, adding features and prioritizing/categorizing them is a breeze.
- The tools for prioritization and impact scoring are super easy and helpful.
- If you're like me and are a bit new to product management, the tool will actually make you better at your job and help you show up for the product team with the types of clear, visual roadmaps they need to get on board with vision.

Cons

I had a tiny bit of trouble getting a hang of the UI the first few hours. Which was frustrating at first, then I watched a few tutorials, got the hang of it, and was off to the races. Ultimately that's pretty good for a product that is as robust as this one. But do yourself a favor and watch some tutorials before you try to create your first roadmap.

Gus
Gus

Helps us organize our feedback and stay aligned

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Pros

Productboard has been a game changer for both our roadmap and for capturing insights from across the business.

I love having the ability to categorize insights, assign them to users/companies, and attach them to features or ideas on the roadmap.

Having a dynamic roadmap that I can assign these insights to makes it incredibly easy to recognize areas of opportunity.

Cons

I would love some form of persona management, and a way to categorize insights and feedback by persona.

Jacob
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

New on the market but still plenty of room to grow.

Reviewed on 2022/08/28

Overall the team at Productboard are amazing! They are a joy to work with and their product just looks so good. However, you can’t judge a book by its cover, their is still a lot of room for growth, and until then, there is a bit too much to be desired with Productboard

Pros

The staff at Productboard is incredible and their product is beautiful. One of the nicest roadmap views you will ever see!

Cons

Lacking some of the features we are looking for. The team said they would be able to build them out, but we are still waiting, specifically around customer feedback management. The insights are not the easiest way of tracking customer feedback.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Productboard

Price and easier to work with their team. Also the athletics of the product.
Simon
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

The end of feature spreadsheets and a great single source of truth!

Reviewed on 2019/10/25

Pros

The ability to link customer insights directly to the different pains and feature requests. Before Productboard much of the insights we had to go on when designing/developing solutions would be anecdotal evidence from the commercial team or the few interviews we could do with select customers. Now we have the ability to see customers' own words about their requests before we start building, without a huge effort to dig through various conversations in Intercom or our CRM.

An easy example was when I recently got a new PM joining my team. I pointed out a few of the requests that we're coming up a lot and asked him to do scoping + initial estimation on what the feature would require. Using the customer insights he could make a detailed description of the problem we needed to solve and how we could go about it. Another benefit is the more quantitative view of the most requested things, however the visualization of this is not great as I'd like to be able to better track and visualize the change in requests over time.

Last but not least it's good to help project manage the work of the PM team as we can more easily track the stages that a feature or pain is in and what more scoping we need to do before we involve other stakeholders from the product team.

Cons

There are some great missing pieces that would hugely improve the product, such as a CRM integrations, an API and a proper Zapier integration (in lack of the first two). Right now Productboard is valuable in itself, but it would extend the value so much further if we could properly link it to our other systems.

Jared

Great tool, but possibly more than is needed in an early stage startup

Reviewed on 2022/09/26

Pros

The best feature to call out is the flexibility and robust capabilities provided for being able to quantitatively prioritize the features.

Cons

Of all the features, the least useful so far has been the road mapping capabilities. It's been challenging for us to shape our features and various data elements in a way that easily allows us to generate Roadmaps for our various audiences.

Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Productboard

More robust and purpose-built software.
Sean

Finally one that works.

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

Pros

Easy to hack and smash without corrupting data. Linkage between other systems that doesn't get in the way. Different views for managing tactical & presenting strategic (using the same set of data). It doesn't look or behave like Jira or Aha! (I feel like your designers must scrutinize everything).

Cons

I'm not sure there's anything bad to say

Kate
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

A better tool for product discovery and roadmaps

Reviewed on 2021/11/24

Pros

A product management service should be designed, right? Not always but product board does a good job of making it easy for the entire org to capture and share insights. The 'inbox' is where the majority of these get funneled. Insights can have labels associated with them so you can implement all types of filtering and prioritization. The product roadmaps are well-designed and are dynamic to adjust for the necessary audience.

Cons

Interestingly, I received feedback that the onboarding for non-PMs was a bit challenging. Team members weren't quite sure how to use the tool to provide feedback. The inbox can get quite cluttered and it's best to educate team members on how to submit ideas.

Benjamin
  • Industry: Information Services

Best product management platform

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

It is the best system of record for PM related information and to build a process in.

A great way to ensure all stakeholder feedback is captured & organized. Then primary source information can be linked to as many ideas (features, stories etc.) as desired and they can be prioritized very powerfully.

Enables stakeholder communication at scale effectively.

Let's me do almost everything I want, in the way I want to.

Cons

It perhaps has too many features and options! The responsibility is on the user to not over-complicate the implementation. It's best for folks who are comfortable with a good degree of information.

Aaron

Productboard helps manage a large repository of user feedback from many sources

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Pros

The ability to consume many sources of user feedback and the portal is really just icing on the cake. We did not hire this tool for that job but did have a need for one so that was nice.

Cons

Prioritization features are a bit much for our needs.

Canny

More features, same cost

A must-have Product Manager teams

Reviewed on 2022/02/25

Pros

Productboard is a very intuitive tool for our Product Management that allows us to track the features from the insights we gather to the delivery. The shareable roadmap is essential for the communication to other services (R&D, sales, support…) and the UI makes it easy to use and to understand.

Cons

The integration list has to grow to be able to synchronize the items with external project management softwares like Notion. Also, a better version of the Portal to be able to follow the insights would be appreciated.

Thomas

Nice tool with questionable subscription policies

Reviewed on 2022/08/19

The product itself is quite intuitive and clear.
For roadmapping and objectivation it is useful,...

The product itself is quite intuitive and clear.
For roadmapping and objectivation it is useful, while missing many useful features in the so called "pro" license. The following process of negotiation did not work out for us.

Pros

First of all productboard does have a clear and intuitive UI.
Things are arranged clearly and are easily found once the overall concept is clear.
Productboard does give different filterable views on a given set of data on timelines and as a list.
It does help with priorization by objectivizing mere words into numbers, also collecting ideas and insights.

Cons

On the downside of the product is the subscription model.
The so called "pro" licence does not include basic things like visible dependencies on the roadmap or using the strongly advertised "objectives" on features.
Only two of the four plans are available directly, the rest needs to be negotiated.
That negotiation revealed that the "scale model" would multiply the price and the contact itself was so unpleasant that the whole product became stale for our team.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Great software to follow-up on product advancement

Reviewed on 2022/04/11

Very good experience - it's truly a gem of a software. It helps the product team, team up with other teams in the company.

Pros

Productboard is an amazing tool. It permits our team to stay in touch with the product team and give feedback. It also also allows us to track down where they are at in terms of development of the product itself. Another thing is that, you can link it to external software like Slack to give direct feedback and "push" things to product board. Product team also have a roadmap of important and not so important things they work on, we can based on that give our point of viw and help them set priorities.

Cons

This tool isn't essential for all the tools IF the product team doesn't teach others how to use it. Once everyone understand how valuable of a tool it is, it's hard to use something else.

June

Great feedback organization software

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

Productboard allows me to easily understand, organize, and bucket feature requests and feedback items from our customers. As a Support Leader, it's crucial to understand where our customers are running into hiccups or what features they wish they had. Productboard allows our organization to gather insights and analyze trends based on all these customer asks. It also has a great integration with Intercom, which allows our support team to seamlessly share product feedback in a customer interaction with our Product team to process.

Cons

Productboard's UI and organizational structure makes it a bit difficult to understand who specifically gave you the feedback. It's a manual process to export users' insights so that our support team can follow through on customer feedback once we've delivered on their asks. I wish it was a bit more seamless to close these feedback loops, since it does do a strong job at keeping everything organized.

Marina

Great software for Product Managers

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

The ability to organize and prioritize my product roadmap and its features with a great deal of customization and granularity. Product Board has been instrumental in achieving our business goals and detail our product roadmap every step of the way.

Cons

The cost per user is a bit high. Still has to work some UI issues that are detrimental to user experience.

This tool has quickly become integral to our product process.

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

We were able to set up a repeatable, teachable process for centralizing, processing, sharing, and incorporating feedback in order to make valuable evidence based product decisions.

Pros

The Insights section is the most efficient tool I have found for parsing feedback from all of the sources we have. From in-app feedback, internal feedback, to customer interviews, and field observation notes, we can capture it all in one place and take out actionable insights. We use this to build a case for evidence based product decisions that come from the voice of the customer.

Cons

We have a lot of data about our sources in SalesForce that we would like to use to help evaluate the feedback. We want to make sure that other attributes like Customer Success Score, NPS, and ARR are taken into account when weighing feature priority. A SalesForce integration would make that part of the app much more valuable.

Drew
  • Industry: Automotive

Product Roadmapping Made Easy

Reviewed on 2021/07/15

Overall, our experience has been fantastic. It has changed the way that we discuss and digest our Product Roadmap.

Pros

It was not until we started utilizing Productboard that we were able to visually see our Product Roadmap come to life. We were previously attempting to see this through JIRA, but prefer the customization of Productboard much more.

Cons

So far, we have yet to find any major gripes. My only request so far has been the ability to adjust timeframes for Sub-Features.

Brendan

Fantastic full-flow product tool

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

Handles and automates the flow of data from customers to features to roadmap planning.

Cons

Would be great to use for planning what the team is working on on a weekly basis.