GMS Front Desk Reviews

4.6/5 (75 reviews)
Michael D.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

GMS is way more cost effective than my previous processor, and with great service so its a win for me.

Pros

The software works as its supposed to. I get my money quick and its pretty hassle free. THe best part is the service. Everytime I have a question or I just give them a call. Everyone there is friendly and helpful. I have never had anything that couldn't be answered or take care of right away on the first call.

Cons

I use it with my member management systems. It works great to taking orders and automatically charging accounts but it isnt as simple to process returns. Its not really GMS thats the problem its really the other system that it integrates with that is.

The only real thing is that entering returns for ACH could use some improvement. It would be nice to jsut pull up the transaction and enter the the refund or return amount. When I do it now I am not really sure it went through right away.

Jason W.

Simple Payment Processing

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Overall GMS along with my client management software have worked together perfectly for my needs. I would recommend to anyone looking for a similar service.

Pros

I use GMS processing in conjunction with RhinoFit as my billing software for my business. So far
I have no had any issues with processing payments and that is exactly what you want. Payment processing is not something that needs to be fancy or have bells and whistles, it does exactly what it is supposed to. The fees are set at a good rate and competitive with any other payment processor.

Cons

Honestly I do not have any complaints, because I have not had any issues yet.

Richard D.

GMS

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

The only time I contact Customer Service is when I'm having a problem with a particular deposit.

Pros

It provides a great eCheck system. Rappid response from Customer Support

Cons

Provides NO deposit ticket. Must send a transaciton report to Excell and work out the appropriate transactions for that days deposit. It would be much better if they had a selection on the Menu for "Deposit Ticket" undr which you would find a list of deposits by date. Clicking on the date a report listing the transactions that make up that days deposit and the deposit total. The Deposit Ticket would also include all charge backs included in the deposit.

6.0/10
Angela A.

Always reliable and fast response time

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

GMS processes our payroll direct deposits, fee collection and works alongside us if we have a customer issue. I appreciate that they contact us if there's a problem on our end so the matter can be quickly resolved.

Pros

I've been with GMS Payment Processing for over 10 years now. The software is easy to navigate and find information. Customer Support has ALWAYS been fantastic!

Cons

Nothing to report. We have always found the software and customer support to meet our needs.

Robert C.

Robert's review of GMS from a programmers point of view.

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Collecting money with ACH is the most cost effective solution.

Pros

It is easy to setup and get paid. Works every time. Fairly easy to reconcile from the reports.

Cons

No example of formatting when 1st setting it up.
No automated way of submitting refunds.

Scott S.

Great for the price

No complaints

Pros

Cost is very affordable- and service is excellent- super reliable and our account manager Marie has been with us since the beginning and is great!

Cons

Website is a bit clunky and hard to navigate

Great rate and excellent customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Excellent rate for processing ACH payments and customer service is super fast, friendly, and professional!

Pros

Very good rate for processing ACH payments

Cons

Processing of refunds seems just a bit dated, but overall works fine.

Mike S.

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Everything has gone well and we are happy overall

Pros

Easy to use and easy to explain to new coaches on using the system

Cons

Have had a few times where charging would not go through, but was fixed quickly

Maryellen V.

GMS Meets and Exceeds our Requirements

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Very Good software and consistent service.

Pros

Easy to use.
Great support.
Consistent

Cons

Trying to get training and back up documentation when we have an issue either ours or Gulf Management.

Kim A.

Very Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Pros

I am not the most savvy at technology. But the support team is very good at getting you started and going with the software. We have used this company for many years without incident. Easy to get support on the phone with any issues we have ever had. We really haven't had many at all though. We would highly recommend this company to anyone with an auto draft system.

Cons

Can't think of any issues other than It won't change my permanent email address. I have to change it every time I submit a file that needs to be returned after a draft.

Mat K.

GMS

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

My clients are getting charged as I see fit

Pros

Ease of use and customer service. Just plug in and get to business

Cons

Lack of out reach. I’d like to hear from gms little more

Istvan M.

Customer Service Excellent

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

They were veey helpful when we closed our business. Payment process and refunds were fast and accurate.

Pros

Easy to use and quick. Customer service was knowledgeable.

Cons

Just wished the management software was bettwe but thats not GMS problem!

Jean H.

GMS is great!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/20

I love the dependability of knowing my payments will be processed timely each and every month. I do not have to do anything each month for the recurring payments. Plus, if one NSFs, GMS processes it a second time with the NSF fee. No need for me to do anything else. That is extremely important in my business. The money just flows into my bank account without any action from me.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. I don't have to process recurring payments each month. They just happen automatically.

Cons

The only downside is it takes 1 week for the money to be deposited into my bank account. Although, I understand this is because the payments are being processed through bank accounts. And it is necessary for GMS to hold the money to ensure no NSFs occur. If I were using credit cards, then it would be much faster.

Great Company

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

I have been fortunate to not have had any issues

Pros

Ease of use, and affordability, very happy with GMS

Cons

Nothing, I have been fortunate to not have had any issues with the software

Structured processing for our memberships!

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

Pros

Effortless for our management and easy monthly reporting to access.

Cons

We have had no problems or errors which continues to keep up happy with GMS.

GMS Processing

Reviewed on 2018/09/04

Pros

payments are usually quick and there have been no problems

Cons

American Express and Discover typically take 24 hours longer to process than VISA or MC

Great Addition to a Payment Portfolio

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

From the customer service to the rich features for the client end-users the system was great. We resold the service for several years and it was value added for the book that utilized them.

Pros

The ease of use and the rich back-end for reports and implementation. The cost to do business kept them competitive as well.

Cons

Did exactly what it was supposed to do, wasn't much to not like. I never had an issue.

7.0/10
Joseph C.

Gets the job done

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

It was the only option given due to our use of a particular software and wasn't expensive. In fact, the rates were reasonable compared to others I came across later.

Pros

Payments were processed like clockwork. Any issues and they got a hold of me real quick.

Cons

Interface was super confusing and didnt feel optimized. Processing refunds was frustrating because you were never sure you didn't right but it always seemed to work.

Response from Gulf Management Systems

Hi Joseph, thank you for your review! We're happy to be your trusted payment processor. If you have any questions about returns don't hesitate to reach out: [email protected] Thanks!
- Gulf Management Systems

5.0/10
Clint H.

Been Using these guys for 9 years

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

These guys are great and they truly go out of their way on customer service. I have used them fairly exclusively for almost 10 years now.

Pros

It covers my needs with out a lot getting in the way. Very functional.

Cons

I am good at the things I use it for all of the time, but sometimes it is hard to find a feature that I don't use on a regular basis

Rebecca C.

PPF Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Great experience!

Pros

Easy access to it. The cost for service is excellent!

Cons

Reporting may be difficult st times to acces,

Absolutely love

Reviewed on 2018/09/17

Pros

GMS is amazing, super easy to use, and affordable

Cons

No complaints on my end! I have been really satisfied!

Cheyenne P.

Legend CrossFit, Gulf Management System

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

The front desk always could explain in detail how to navigate the site and answer whatever questions I had in terms of charges.

Pros

That it is compatible with RhinoFit, and when upgrades were needed they were implemented quickly and seamlessly.

Cons

Initially, I disliked going to the gulf management (or credit card platform) to refund money.

Andrew N.

Simply gets the job done!

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

It’s fine enough. I can complain about much. Receiving more would be nice, but not absolutely necessary.

Pros

It was pretty much plug and play. Set it up and I rarely have to do anything. It’s easy to use.

Cons

Reporting seems really lacking and customer support either didn’t want to or didn’t really help get me the information I needed.

7.0/10
Anthony D.

Payment Processing is Easy and Beneficial

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

overall the support after initial contact worked very well

Pros

Ease of use and ability to correct. The software would advise on errors and highlight where we need to correct

Cons

sometimes the updates take some additional time to find how to do what used to be done before

Lita B.

Very useful for us

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/25

Timely payments from clients, convenience for both them and us.

Pros

The ease of setting up automatic pymts from our clients

Cons

The hassle of setting up the same client for both variable AND automatic in two different places/ways, and if their banking account information changes, we can edit it ourselves for automatic pymts but not for variable - doesn't make sense and is a hassle to contact customer service for that piece.

Also wish I could schedule variable pymts to be a day or two in advance and not have to actually go on the website the day we want them to draft. Being able to schedule them would be very helpful.