Careficient

Home health, agency & hospice management system

4,3
Shelly L.

Very functional

Reviewed on 2020/04/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I wish I would have found this company years ago.

Pros

This software is so easy to use. It is customizable to fit our mix of business and has all of the features that the large software companies have but at a reasonable price. The support is great and the implementation team is amazing. The ongoing compliance is amazing as well. For the first time in years I am able to track AR and payments without issues. The reports are great and the billing is AMAZING.

Cons

There are a couple of areas that are slightly cumbersome, but nothing that is horrible.

Nicky Y.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

New Careficient User-Outreach

Reviewed on 2020/09/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Careficient was easy system to navigate and really love the billing and invoices feature. The tracking of hours per week scheduled and verified for pedi will require more manual intervention by staff to ensure not over utilizing authorized hours. The scheduling using 485 is also not very conventient, because adding or fixing schedules requires removing some many layers of information to get back to the basic schedule or adding interim order can also be more work than just being able to go to the schedule and add a schedule or change one.

Pros

Billing, Setup of payer information. Invoice corrections and automated notes and workbasket items to alert staff of follow-up on important tasks.

Cons

Authorization setup not linked to actuation service code being billing until it scheduled, risk utilizing more of one service code than authorized if scheduled wrong. No way to track hours scheduled/verified, rish of utilized more than auth hours and not knowing until end of ISP. Ability to filter by Teams when trying to verify, but this will be resolve once we switch agency location. Scheduling using 485 can be problematic for pedi services, because they have multiple schedules per day and per week.

Danielle F.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I am new to this software and love that we get to work with developers who listen to our ideas.

Reviewed on 2018/02/21

It completes the patient's EMR and meets compliance issues with CHAP and Medicare. Obviously it decreases the amount of paper kept for medical records and HR records.

Pros

I like how the information flows from service notes to orders such as 485. I also like how you can customize information on the service notes. I am excited to start working with the new care plan customization options and visit tasks. I also like how learning videos are available at any time and that you can get into the system from almost anywhere.

Cons

I feel that some stuff is repetitive or requires multiple steps to get completed. I wish the scheduling was easier to complete and make changes if needed. I don't like that you can only create a ROC order if the 485 is completed as sometimes these date ranges interfere with each other. I know there are work around for this but sometimes, that's not convenient. Also, orders are not set up to require problem, intervention, and goals to be obtained. Like the ROC orders only pull orders but not goals. It would also be nice if one could quickly mark that we do not need a physicians signature but would still like to fax it (i.e. case communication notes) as opposed to faxing it, then taking the dates out, then marking no signature required. Just simple cons so far.

Kathy S.

Accoutant

Reviewed on 2020/08/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

It's been a great experience working with Careficient and their support team. They are available and walk us through processes anytime we've needed it. Even for the same process!

Pros

I like that everything is tied together from Authorizations to Compliance. As a Certified/Accredited Home Health Agency, it's crucial to provide services that are not only authorized, but that those services are performed by associates that have the proper compliance. Careficients scheduling allows schedulers to chose associates that are in compliance and in a specific area range to make providing services more efficient. The reports are easy to run and are completely formatted when exported.

Cons

There is a lot of set up involved, but that is understandable considering everything has to link together. Some of the authorization features are not quite built to suit private duty, but the development team is continually making enhancements based the needs of their clients. The reports are sometimes hard to find for those that aren't used to navigating software. I would like to be able to see times in and out on the calendar schedules.

Tami G.

Careficient AMS is Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

We use the software to track patient information - visits, schedules, etc. It is also used as a payroll system. The clinicians visits are recorded in Careficient. However, ADP is the software whereby they are paid. So payroll in Carifiienct must be processed before you can cut checks in ADP

Pros

Easy to use, captures important patient information. The company is super easy to work with, and some of the software has been customized for ys.

Cons

It doesn't work with ADP Run. Hence, my entire payroll ends up being done twice - for hundreds of W2 and 1099 employees, that is a ton of work

Tena M.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

I love this software! It is very easy to use and navigate through. Customer Service is great.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Medical records that can be easily viewed by quality assurance to be certain care plans are being followed. Record reviews, electronic medical records, etc.

Pros

Ease to use and navigate through. Low cost is always a plus. An amazing customer service team that I consider friends.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about the software. Sometimes there may be issues with orders or something but, they have such a great support team that it usually gets fixed within a short period of time.

Terri E.

Home Health

Reviewed on 2020/07/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have used other companies, and there is little to no support. Careficient staff are readily available to help and problem solve. The team there is helping to add things that we needed into the software.

Cons

Nothing. Everything was as they promised

Shatane B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Brings structure and organization to our home care agency & ease to use our staff and nurses love this system

Reviewed on 2018/04/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall very impressed with system.

Pros

All patients information s all n one place.
Great way to have great communicate between our staff
Great scheduling system
Stays updated
Generates 485 form our nurses love this.

Cons

Sometimes have updates
Little expensive but worth it!!!
Scheduling is little confusing
Long training when first starting up
Need to be geared towards all medicaid and medicare program like passport etc

Nancy H.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

This software is user friendly and efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

?

Pros

The workbasket items, to remind me of things that need to done. Also the billing portion of the program is very user friendly.

Cons

That there are so many steps to add new items to supplies and setting up new payers is difficult and I find it difficult to know what each item is and when to allow it. Also, posting payments if there is money that has been reclaimed.

Helen E.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I find the system very easy to use. Clinicians that have used other systems, find it difficult.

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

I personally haven't used any other system. All electronic charting is done with Careficient.

Pros

As the office-intake clerk, I very much appreciate the ability to see real time as clinicians complete their service notes for verification.

Cons

1. The entry of supplies is way too time consuming.
2. Pecos should cross over for populating of information.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Vickie B.

Like working with their personnel.

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Saves me time.

Pros

It is easy to use. I do the billing. It easy to find errors and corrected them. It is easy to post my remittance. Also it is easy to bill.

Cons

This is simple thing. But I don't like the color of the patients name. Also when I'm working on my laptop if you get close to the header bar if drops down and gets in your way.

Brendon C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Careficient is a very helpful tool for managing our associates and clients.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

This software help us with most of our processes.

Pros

I love the ability to customize Careficient to suite our needs at different stages of growth and needs. I love the customer support knowledge and speed of resolutions.

Cons

I wish we could customize a few other things, but I'm sure Careficient will continue to help us with these changes.

Melissa P.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

User friendly, affordable, efficient and thorough software

Reviewed on 2018/10/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall our agencies are beyond pleased with this software. It is comprehensive, is up to date with the COPs and care planning requirements. when calling customer service, our calls are answered promptly and if the tech doesn't know how to help, he/she will put us in touch with someone who can help. They are not used to handling agencies who provide both home health and hospice but they have worked very hard at helping us manage both inside the system.

Pros

Charting time (1 hour versus 5 in our old software)
Thorough charting
Offers both Home Health and Hospice
Billing services are affordable and worth it
Support is easy to reach and go out of their way to help
They will customize as much as the system allows

Cons

The set up was frustrating and very time consuming
Some of the processes inside the system are a bit confusing
No ability to customize reports for agency needs: ie, fall tracking
Training- Not structured to teach clinical personnel their role
Difficult to differentiate home health from hospice patients on the list of patients.

Vickie B.

Careficient AMS Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

It is good. The billing department takes too long to process VA and Advantage claims I feel. But except the items above it is a very good program.

Pros

It is easy to use. They keep the program updated. The billing of Medicare is very good. It was easy to switch from our previous program.

Cons

a problem I have using this program on my laptop is that the drop down menu shows up when your trying to clinic on the line below.

Also it would be helpful if the program could complete the State end of the year report. The previous software did complete this report with just one click.

Deborah M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Great support from customer reps

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

It is so much better than our previous company. For the most part, it is very user friendly and our home health staff finds it easy to use.

Pros

I most like the billing component of this software. Very easy to use. Much better than our previous company.

Cons

I find it hard to get medical supplies entered and usable in the system. It is also complicated to get the billing codes put in place.

Zak N.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

New Employee Form Feature is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

The system originally did not have everything that we thought it would have however, the team at Careficient has been very helpful and willing to make sure we have what we need as an agency to be successful. If they don't have a feature, let them know and they will see about making it happen!

Pros

This new feature allows us to have new hires sit at a computer and do our new hire paperwork/training all on the site. This gets rid of using tons of paper for each new employee that we bring on. AWESOME

Cons

No issues yet for this new feature.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Chuck B.

Fantastic Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/09/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Our Reps and the rest of the team have supported us through the entire implementation. Lots of instruction, one on one training and communication surrounding our questions and concerns has been fantastic. Implementing the new software was very stressful to the entire staff but the Careficient team has done everything they could to help my entire staff through it. All of our requests have been acted on quickly and efficiently. It has been an excellent partnership. This is the easiest and most accommodating vendor I have worked with.

Pros

The implementation team was great. Went above and beyond throughout the entire process
Careficient training is outstanding.
Communication is great
Ease of use for all staff

Cons

Changing from a non internet based product to Careficient has been a struggle for the staff to become accustomed to an entire new way of doing things.

Lisa W.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Careficient is very friendly user

Reviewed on 2019/10/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Careficent has been a huge change for our Ageney. We were all paper based and decided to go electronic. We had demos with app 5 other vendors and chose this software. It has not disappointed us in any way. The staff is wonderful!!!

Pros

The flow it provides as you move through each step.

Cons

Haven't found one yet. We have been using Careficient for about 2 months and it was a major transition for this agency since we have been doing paper for over 25 years.

Caroline D.

Great system and the support team is phenomenal!!

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

The system is very user friendly and in comparison to other software I have used in the past it was fairly easy to enter information and get started.

Cons

Nothing really. The support team is always open for suggestions for improvement. The system really helped is get through our accreditation process smoothly.

Roberta M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

overall it is headed in the right direction. i do NOT feel I made an error choosing this software.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

This is our scheduling, billing, and EMR. Overall we like it very much. And they have made many improvements in the last year. They are listening carefully to their customer base.

Pros

The layout is good. They keep up with regulations. The color coding is helpful. Responsive to our requests, especially the ones that relate to failures in survey.

Cons

Light on the reporting. Not flexible in the area of reporting. Plenty of data there, just not right reporting. In the area of billing it doesn't lean far enough to the standards of medical billing. It treats a lot like regular invoicing. I have adapted but it could use some work.

Tawanna V.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

My experience the staff has been excellent. They provide great support.

Reviewed on 2017/11/07

great with meeting the COP for CMS

Pros

Readable features, easy login and recovery of forgotten password. Notification concerning system updates

Mary ann I.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Careficient is a great customizable software

Reviewed on 2018/07/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall excellent home care software with a great support team. Having nurses on the support team is a great benefit for compliance questions. Compared to other home care software, the Careficient pricing can't be beat.

Pros

Care needs are easily entered and customized for our patients. Associates very happy with the ease of filling our their nursing notes. Agency reports are easily obtained and keeps our agency organized and up to date with compliance.

Cons

Transitioning patients to Careficient software is time consuming as we are not able to import information. Nothing bad about the system just a con for switching to any new software.

Marlene W.

We are going through the implementation and so far everything is going well. Excellent support.

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

Very good interface and navigation is straightforward. The system has a lot of checks and balances, so it helps you to stay in compliance. Great support during implementation, especially when compared to other software we have implemented in the past. The training and support person assigned to us is outstanding and the responsiveness to issues is very timely. I wish we had run across this software years ago, it would have saved us a lot of headaches and wasted time and money.

Response from Careficient

Thank you Marlene, we are glad to have you as a client and partner and look forward to working with you and your staff.

Jennifer R.

Could be better...

Reviewed on 2019/04/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Its ok- but really could be better... also the customer support could use a little work- some people are sort of clueless and some want to help more than others.

Pros

Need AUTH to schedule visits; OASIS analyze compare

Cons

Not very friendly to clinicians; too many rules that hinder progress; too many problems and glitches and weird things that happen; needs work- could be a lot better... also the two drop down choices for clinicians for each note- its a TERRIBLE idea- hate that part- causes many problems...

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

James C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Customer rep has been the saving grace for us. He has made the difference in keeping our business

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

Easy to use and cost effective. Most of the features you do have are easy to understand and learn. Also, since the company was purchased, new features and items have been added that we needed.

Cons

The Software has some limitations in billing and tracking cert periods and the EMR keeping is very weak. More work needs to be done in the EMR area.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10