DealerCenter Reviews

DealerCenter

Dealer management software for independent auto dealerships

4.9/5 (1214 reviews)
Gary S.

Few Things Needed to be Great

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Excellent ... simple to say they are without compare, the best I’ve dealt with.

Pros

Intelligent and Easy to use.
Team always seeking to improve product and release updates regularly.
Price Point is affordable.
Integration between DMS, CRM, and Website/Inventory Solution is very nice.

Cons

Please consider adding the following options :
Internal messaging ... to include a messaging dashboard available to managers to be able to view all conversations. Ideally a user would be able to send an message/text in a customer record or deal record... the deal/customer would be associated with the private message and once clicked on, would take you into the record from which the message was created. By attaching the record to the message, one could type a message without having to explain which customer or deal they’re referring to. The message alert/push notification would be slightly different in nature from existing push notifications and there would be a special icon exclusively reserved for the messaging app on desktop version.

Secondly, would be awesome if y’all would create a preview window pop up when hovering over a customer record, that preview would bring up the dispositions record along with the associated notes, so that one could get an overview of the customer file without having to click into it, opening another browser window and the time it takes to do so... it’s cumbersome right now... something like I’m describing, to make it easier would be great.

Thank you to all the brains that bring these things into being!!

Y’all are always doing good work :)

Eli W.

DealerCenter Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

DealerCenter is an excellent choice for any Dealership. The customer support is phenomenal. The CRM is great, the website manager is great. The marketing tools are great. Overall this is an excellent product. I use it every day and it makes my life a lot easier.

Pros

DealerCenter has everything in one place. DMS, CRM, Website Manager, Marketing Tools, Financing, etc.. Everything you need to manage a Dealership.

Cons

How the new tabs open could be improved. I like to keep open a couple DealerCenter pages during the day. One for Customers and one for Inventory. Only some of the pages open in a new tab, and you're unable to middle click to open up the pages you want opened in a new tab. Also, when adding pictures to vehicles on the vehicles "online marketing" tab, they should make the box that you rearrange pictures in expandable. If the pictures upload backwards for some reason it is a huge pain in the but getting those pictures to the top by slowly scrolling every one to the top.

Gary S.

CRM review/suggestions

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Should create a stage or bucket system for prospects...
Buckets could consist of stages that a prospect may be in, and would be easier to manage from a perspective of buckets/stages - should have a graphic representing that particular stage or bucket and once clicked into, the data appears..

Also, should have preview/quick view available on hovering over a prospect without having to click into their file... time consuming to have to do that for each prospect

Would be ideal to have the ability to attach 3 persons to a prospect, primary and then a couple of secondary persons that would be like a BCC email... easier to manage prospects assigned to a salesperson if I myself and my assistant could be "attached" to the prospect and remain in our planner, so to speak... sometimes when assigning to a salesperson, out of sight becomes out of mind... and the less digging one has to do to find the prospects that are of interest, the better.

My advice, act as a potential client and preview some of the other CRM's on the market.... get someone from the car business on your development team or at least on your "board of directors" ... the insight into the business will be valuable. Also.... the smartest CRM on the market today, is Drive Centric.... would be great if ya'll could investigate their platform and glean some ideas... their more expensive, of course... but they are smarter, a lot like your company is.

CRM needs too makes sales and follow up EASY EASY as possible :)

Pros

> unlimited text
> workflow
> mobile app
> inventory
> call tracking
> desking tool ( newly designed )

Cons

> not designed by "car people", that shows up ...
> very report driven, not enough graphics/charts/visuals
> cannot delete anything from the system, gets very congested
> cannot print from mobile app

Jo ann C.

Makes Running our Dealership Possible!

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

We were so disorganized before Dealer Center.We weren’t taking full advantage of all the services that it came with (especially with inventory management).Now that we are,and that we’ve got the website up and going,we’re really looking for our business to grow.

Pros

It’s user friendly.Sales are done now with a few clicks.We love our reports and being able to manage our inventory.We also manage all of our buy here pay here accounts with dealer center and just started back up with website integration.We’re excited to have a great website that gets updated instantly!This was a huge problem before.Dealer Center is a one stop shop for our dealership needs.You get much more than you pay for!

Cons

Any issue we’ve had is quickly addressed by great customer service.We just worked with the customer service rep on getting our website up and going.I’m not tech savvy, but he was able to take care of everything for us.We really appreciate the customer service rep and everyone on the Dealer Center Team!

Donnie B.

The rep Rocks!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

My overall experience has been good. I am always met with a polite knowledgeable rep that is willing to help. Issues that have not been resolved recently are Multiple Website issues, ValueAds, and Mobile App

Pros

The convenience of everything being in one place

Cons

Limitations on Police Book, Mobile App Auction issues, Some issues with fees. email and text with customers the inability to jump,p between mobile and desktop in real-time is problem

Summer M.

Dealer Center website

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

Positive

Pros

Easy to navigate the website, being able to have website leads go into the same place you run credit from and do your deals from makes Dealer Centers website a no brainer. The R1 integration to the DMS sold me. saving me time and money.

Cons

Nothing, I have liked everything about the system

David B.

Great

Reviewed on 2017/10/21

I stated everything is working right for me at this present time I have tech-support at my fingertips help me out with every case that I bring before themI

Pros

The thing that I really like about DealerCenter software is that you can maneuver around the whole application effortlessly the reason I say that is that I have used dealer track and everything you have to upload, book the car out there's so many different screens, but Dealer center has everything is at your fingertips. It's also integrates with our website and inventory. The online technical support is so great and easy to connect with the support center. Myself I've had the opportunity to work with Monica are delicious and the rep that has been very cordial very timely on returning calls and helping set up all applications. Thank you Monica this has been a great experience working with you and I'm looking forward to working with you in the future again thank you.

Jason C.

DealerCenter DMS

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Overall, the system has covered the basics of our DMS needs and has proven to be worth the money that it costs in comparison to other DMS systems. My new rep was extremely friendly and genuinely seemed to care about helping me today.

Pros

Integration with DealerTrack & Route One, Dealer Group Setting, You can't beat the price...

Cons

Some of the forms, ie; the credit application doesn't carry over a lot of the fields necessary for some of our other lenders and isn't as user friendly as I would like to see. There's almost too much information and too many screens.

Ramon C.

CRM & DEALERCENTER FEEDBACK

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

I love that the CRM allows you to communicate with customers, track all communication as well as have everything under one system. I've used Promaxx in the past and I didn't really like it, expensive and think that this CRM and system is better.

Cons

I don't like that when you upload documents for the customer you then have to upload the documents for the deal. It's double the work when it should be easier to just share the information. Some banks don't want to work with Dealer Center because they want to use their own portals. Once again that's double the work on our end.

Sean T.

Great service and tons of features

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

These guys really try to make you happy with their product and services. For example, The support staff set me up with Carfax or Autocheck on our website. He did it really quickly, called me to see how I like it, and walked me through all the options and features. These guys really try hard and it makes the price of their services well worth it.

Pros

User-friendly, tons of features, great response from customer service, the list is endless.

Cons

That there is no local back up in case the network goes down. But, in that case, I would be mad at my internet service provider and not Dealercenter.

Nima S.

Dennis and DealerCenter are the BEST!!!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Pros

DealerCenter is an amazing tool. I used to work for some of the biggest franchise dealer groups in the country and their CRM system matches up right up there with the big names in the industry like DealerSocket, VinSolutions, etc. Not only is DealerCenter simple to use, their service is impeccable. Our customer service rep made a special in person visit to train me and my entire staff the ins and outs of how the CRM is supposed to work. He has had experience from Autotrader and he used to be my rep with them and he has brought a level of expertise that no one has ever delivered to our dealership in the past. Awesome products but even better service! I highly recommend DealerCenter!

Cons

There are a few items that I would like them to add like adding pictures and their titles of the salespeople on their signature lines for the e-mails. Nothing major, but would still like to see. Regardless, for the price, it's still the best value compared to VinSolutions, DealerSocket, DealerTrak, etc.

Brandon michel E.

A product is as good as the people representing it. I've had a few DMS, DC's is the best why, Lina.

Reviewed on 2017/12/22

Anyone can set up a auto dealership and have it operational and effective in a week.

Pros

Ease of use, and with out a doubt when it doubts call the customer rep. I have been Consulting for the Sports Car Group and suffered major set back with what I wanted to be the heart of the operation, a full spectrum lender, and as I was just at my point of turning negative which is a but rare for ME. Sunshine came through in the form of the rep who didn't allow to me harp but do what I knew to do and that looked past to see what was still there. She found me 5 sub prime and 4 prime options to offset my loss. I am grateful for her, she may never know how much that small act of kindness resignated with me.

Cons

The Customer experience isn't shared accross all Westlakes Products and Services. I wish preferred lender didn't auto submit.

Jonathan R.

Great Customer Service & Customer Retention...!!!!

Reviewed on 2017/03/13

I have had a great customer experience working with Dealer Center. I have been provided with the tools to overcome day to day tasks. We have actually have moved all our business now to Dealer Center and aspire to keep on growing. Customer support representative is what you want to speak to whenever you have any questions or clarification on how the software works. I can say Customer support representative has the skills and knowledge to help you get on board. Not only that he will follow up with you and make sure that you are aware on how to use the system. Thank you very much for helping my business. Lets keep on moving forward.

Pros

You can track your business on the day to day progress. Give access to my sales, finance, and General Manger so everyone can be on the same page.

Cons

Haven't found a flaw that makes me dislike the software.

Dillon M.

5 Start Software and Service

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

Live training with rep. help me learn and get the most out of the system. also they provide 24 hr 7 days a week support. he stayed over an hour on the phone just making sure that my questions were answered. did not feel rushed at all or like he had to be somewhere else. just very patient and knowledgeable, it helps that he is familiar with the business.

Pros

I definitely would say ease of use. this software let you seamlessly add remove sort what ever you need to do with out make you aggravated. you can literally point and click and get it done. nothing to install ever "except the app". I don't know who you are using now but if you give Dc a try they'll make you a believer.

Cons

nothing really it take getting a little to get use to the system but they have these quick little 1 min videos that basically cover things you have not even thought of yet.

Oscar F.

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

We love it. It is it the central hub of our business, and paired with the support that they provide, it is an asset that will not lose its value any time soon. The customer service is nothing short of amazing, they have wonderful people that are willing to go the extra mile.

Pros

We have a, family owned, Used Car Dealership and having this software at the core of it helps us stay ahead of the other guys, with its user friendly interface and incredible range of options. It was an easy choice going with this program.

Cons

There isn't anything wrong with it. The only thing that could possibly come close to a bad mark is, I wish I had more time to train with the amazing people they have at tech support and learn all of the features

Richard C.

Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

My experience started several months ago when I personally took over the Financing for Leto Auto, LLC. I was very fortunate to have as my helper and still do, The support staff who has guided me through everything concerning Dealer Center. I have my inventory, my financing, contacts and webpage all through DC. She guided me through each step and informed me of programs available that I didn't even know about. I can call her anytime and receive the help that I need. She is constantly calling on me to make sure I am OK and have no problems. She was not my assigned representative but took over my account when the original representative failed to maintain contact with me. She is very thorough and knowledgeable of the entire Dealer Center program and I lean very heavily on her for help. Her personality is excellent and I never feel like she is talking down to me. She is an asset to your company who deserves to be treated as a VIP. I don't mind spending the money when I get a top notch software program and an outstanding representative to guide me through the use of it.

Pros

That I can handle all my dealership business at one location.

Cons

Having to sign back in so many times a day just because I leave it idle a little too long.

Leemon P.

It has been a learning experience but it has taught me how to better serve my customers.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

Working with the support staff, she has been worth her weight in gold, as she has walked me through all of the necessary stages that I needed to know, the software gives you some valuable tools that allow you to be able to figure some things out in advance that helps you to better present your product to your customer. However, She is excellent in showing you the fine points that help you to know the in's and out's of the software and helps you to be proficient in the use of it. Especially when you are figuring the deal and what will be approved, this is where you make or lose money and it was her help that taught me how to navigate this area proficiently. You can't always get her right away as she has a lot of clients but she will always get back to you and if she knows you are having a problem she with try to work it out so she can be available. You can't ask for any more than that. However, when she sees you have an area that you need help she will make sure that she trains you on those areas.

Cons

There is not a lot to dislike about it. It is what it is, it's a tool to help you sell your products. It does what it is designed to, provide you with information needed to present an informed decision to your client. It's up to you to learn how to use it efficiently.

Michael N.

Very impressive and powerful.

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

This DMS is above and beyond what I had hoped for. The first generation was a little clunky in my opinion but now that they have upgraded and redesigned their entire system, we are very very very impressed! Customer support is very good and US-based (rare). There's almost no downtime -if any. We opted for their website which seems to be performing well . It updates photos instantly and posts select vehicles to craigslist within six hours or so with just a click. With a little ramp up, we all enjoy the redesigned user interface.

Pros

The user interface and reliability. There are some reporting functions we really enjoy

Cons

Cost. A little high once you get all the upsell add-ons. The user interface and reliability. Reporting customizing is hard to figure out without tech-support sometimes.

Teriellen H.

DealerCenter is the best!

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

My overall experience has been wonderful!

Pros

What I like the most about DealerCenter is the help I received from team. We've had DC for many years & was not using all the features, but now I learned all that DealeCenter can do for me! I can print window stickers, I set up a fully integrated website & also will be getting a logo made through DealerCenter as well. DealerCenter makes running my business easy & streamlined. I will also will start using DealerCenter to help track my BHPH payments. I'm very excited to start using DealerCenter to run my entire business!

Cons

What I like least about DealerCenter is nothing.

Ahmed S.

DealerCenter Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

The support team provided a quick and easy training for add OAPP

Pros

I like that i can use the app for scanning drivers license and vins. It's easy to use and has all the documents needed.

Cons

I dont like that the license scanner does not put the correct state or expiration date

Iyad H.

Dealer Center Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Great experience and training from the representative.

Pros

dealer center is an all in one system works great

Cons

There is nothing to complain about with DealerCenter

Elie S.

DealerCenter is awesome

Reviewed on 2018/08/14

Pros

I had the best experience with DealerCenter's rep today. We actually knew each other when he was my rep at his previous company and my previous dealer. I was already impressed with the softweare and DealerCenter prior but the special service our rep provided me by pointing out areas in my business that I can patch up and tweak for the better based on his automotive experience in the past was the icing on the cake! DealerCenter is an awesome tool and any dealership serious about their business and lead manaagment should seriously consider using DealerCenter!

Cons

there really aren't many cons since it's an awesome tool and you get so much value out of it. Maybe to nitpick, we would like to have some more options with the e-mail templates.

Welma L.

REVIEW

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Pros

EASY TO NAVIGATE, EASY TO ACESS INVENTORY, DEALS AND CUSTOMERS

Cons

THERE IS NOTHING THAT I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE

Gary B.

customer service agent is there when you need her and is super friendly & helpful. You should have

Reviewed on 2018/01/02

Pros

Customer service is extremely helpful! you should have her cloned and pay her double. she makes calling with a problem a good experience. always helpful and keeps you smiling. I have been in the car business for 36 years and she is a keeper. knowledgeable and friendly is a great and rare combination. person to person contact is more valuable than ever in this day and age of computer routers which is so impersonal. I wish more companies would go back to friendly people who talk to you instead of bouncing you around their computer system.

Misty S.

Friendly, experienced and very knowledgeable product specialist!!!

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

Pros

Ease of adding inventory - this area of the software is very appealing
my product rep is amazing!

Cons

The accounting system - debits credits - needs to be more in depth
I do like the bhph feature however I would definitely prefer to have a lot more features added to the accounting program the this feature. Ex: Should I want to add diff late fees, I want it to be classified as late fees, not other etc. -