SAP Fieldglass

Vendor management and services procurement for enterprise

4 /5 (52 reviews) Write a Review!

4 /5
Dennis G.

Fieldglass is a good website for contract or temp workers to submit their hours to temp...

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

making sure my hours for my timecard is sent to my temp company's payroll depart so I get paid on a weekly or tri-monthly basis.

Pros

It is easy to enter hours, time for arrivals and leaving work, and keeping track of work hours.
It is also easy to edit hours or make corrects.

Cons

Once a timesheet for a given week is submitted, it is hard to see if it has been accepted by a temp agency or department. I have found myself calling into customer support just to verify that I have successfully submitted my timecard on time for payroll.

Response from SAP

Thank you for your review, Dennis!

Thank you again for your review and feedback.

Chris T.

My favorite product for cloud storage and document sharing

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Simplified file sharing and document management for work, school, and personal use.

Pros

A wide variety of integration features with other applications. Easily share files and folders with friends and colleagues in real time. Dropbox also automatically saves and backs up my documents to the cloud, and frees up valuable space on my hard drive. Mainly, I like having the ability to access, edit, and share important files remotely. Mobile application is great, as well as syncing with other devices.

Cons

The paid or premium version can be quite costly in comparison to other cloud storage and document sharing products. Uploading time is slow for certain file formats.

• Industry: Information Services

SAP Fieldglass

Reviewed on 2018/08/19

Good product.

Pros

Can be customized for certain groups of people to enter their time and expenses.

Cons

Assigning and un-assigning projects and tasks and time reversals needs support. It is not very user friendly.

Liz M.

Easy Access

Reviewed on 2020/01/16

I appreciate that it is easy to use, and any questions are quickly answered by our representatives. Keeps our contractors and our client company happy and everyone in clear communication.

Pros

They never go "down" like many other sites do. They seem to have their stuff together as it is quite comprehensive and easily navigated. Our contractors submit their time and expense sheets through Fieldglass, and it is one of the easiest tasks to go in and make any changes. The contractors have no issues with using it with very little additional instruction. Very user friendly.

Cons

I have yet to find a single bug during use, therefore have no complaints or issues with SAP Fieldglass.

Jose mari M.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

One for All

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

FieldGlass is if not the most comprehensive vendor management system tool out in the market. Easy access for everyone that uses the management tool. Ease of use is superb and navigation is easy to understand. The best thing about it is as well, is its fast something that is very vital in where this system is used, something that is appreciated by many when there are multiple users accessing the system all at the same time.

Cons

I just wish it had a more intuitive ui over all.

Tom G.
  • Industry: Chemicals
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We use Fieldglass to procure contract IT staff via a vendor managed service provider.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

We started using Fieldglass in 2016 and have filled over 100 positions to staff up our IT Department. We work with a third party vendor who provides this to us as a managed service.
Fieldglass is very easy to use. Simple and visual reporting.
Scalable and efficient.

• Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Over technical system for what it provides

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Pros

It is easy to search for positions and filter once you know the Buyer.

Cons

The software offers too much information in the single search. When looking for a job, all the the billing information comes up on the same page and it makes it difficult to pitch the job, too much information on the front page.

Samantha G.

Not user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

There Is not much I like about this software. Every time I have called for help, I have not had an issue.

Cons

It is very tedious. I cannot search for my invoices that I have already entered into the system. It is not user friendly. Entering new employees is also difficult.

Response from SAP

Thank you for reaching out; we are sorry to hear of the issues that you are experiencing. While we appreciate your recognition of our Support Team, we want you to be fully satisfied with SAP Fieldglass.

SAP Fieldglass continually updates its platform with customer-centric features to ensure our customers have the best user experience possible when interacting with the tool. We apologize that your experience is proving to be challenging and know that we want to correct the situation.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance and we can have a member of our support team contact you directly.

Heather C.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Can get to exactly what I need

Reviewed on 2021/02/01

Pros

As the end user for inputting time, this product lets me get in, see my timesheet to fill, fill it out easy - right there on my phone - and submit. All in just a couple minutes. Loads quick, and is reliable. Haven't had it crash or freeze.

Cons

I'd be hard pressed to think of a drawback to this software. If I had to choose anything, it's the wall-of-text I have to scroll through to get to the timesheet at the bottom. But that's such a minor inconvenience, it doesn't outweigh all that I appreciate about it.

Melanie V.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

My experience

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Good tool!

Pros

It's a great way to keep your time updated and in order. It's very friendly, simple and easy to use!

Cons

The data entry every day or biweekly. It should have something that can help you fill out the week or month if you don't have an irregular schedule.

Very frustrating to use

Reviewed on 2021/03/02

Awful!

Pros

I am an end user. The UI is rough. However the main issues are slowness, while writing this text I clicked on "Home" button, it has not finished and I am going to finish this review before it takes me to the main menu. It is not my Internet connection - trust me I am an engineer. You have to go through many pages instead of a dynamic loading.

Cons

Slowness is the main challenge for this solution. It is ridiculously and unbelievably slow.

Candidate Management!

Reviewed on 2019/07/21

Pros

Being in recruiting industry, management of talents/ candidates is very important. This is one of the essentials that every staffing company should have. And I must day this is one of the best I've ever used. I can easily manage candidates for every client I am working with. You can also configure it and communicate with the managers.

Cons

None. I good with what I'm getting however, there's always a room for them to make better experience.

Brianna B.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Good but requires customization

Reviewed on 2020/03/17

Overall, this is a good product to manage your contingent workforce but will require some planning and configuration on your part.

Pros

The thing I like the most about the software is that managers, suppliers and recruiters are all able to communicate about requisitions and candidates in one place.

Cons

The thing I like the least about the software is that it requires a lot of customization to make it do what you want to do.

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Popular UI

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

10+ years - multiple implementations in multiple countries.

Pros

The UI and ability to support large accounts of $50M+ contingent spend

Cons

Since the SAP acquisition service has declined and most recently senior sales/operations have left.

Claire M.

Good Workforce Management System

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

A good workforce management system that allows you to stay organised and track workforce

Pros

Cloud Based
Intuitive
User Friendly

Cons

Can be confusing for new users, more online tutorials needed

Sagar K.

Useful tool for tracking timesheets

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

We use it to track contractor time sheets and expenses.

Pros

The best part of using SAP FieldGlass is that it interfaces with our company time entry tool Kronos and also reminds the managers to approve time cards and expense sheets

Cons

I cannot really point out anything major which is not good about this software. The cost and time reporting can get better though

• Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A great option for managing external/contract workers

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

The ability to easily manage contract workers is a huge benefit that Fieldglass provides. If you can get past the slowness at times, you will not find another platform that offers the same level of functionality.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to manage external or contract workers with this. You can set up rules/customization to suit your business needs. You can easily disable workers when needed by updating the end date. You also have the ability to use timesheets within FieldGlass.

Cons

The biggest thing I dislike about FieldGlass is it can be very slow with large organizations when updating worker details. It can sometimes take 30-60 seconds to pull up a record when you need to update the end date of a worker.

• Industry: Telecommunications

As a contractor and as a manager

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Clunky for recording hours the way it is set up for us.

Pros

web based tool.
useful for a large diverse workforce

Cons

not integrated to costing or charging in other SAP modules - maybe our configuration?

Kay N.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

SAP Fieldglass is a superior VMS tool that is enabling us to manage our Contingent program.

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

An organization such as ours requires support and commitment to operate and SAP Fieldglass doesn't disappoint.

Pros

Ease of use and analytics that aid in our data review and decision making abilities on how to better run our program. We receive great customer support and feedback reports to better run the Contingent Workforce Program. SAP Fieldglass continues to seek our feedback on the use of the tool which enables a constructive dialogue and constant desire to keep the software ahead of its competitors.

Brittany A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Very easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/08/17

Pros

Easy to keep track of applicants and payroll

Cons

Nothing its easy to use! Its easy to keep track of everything.

Cluncky and passing the buck on data entry

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

I liked when I was done with this software and didn't need to use it anymore, i.e. after payroll was done adn I didn't need to enter any hours.

Cons

A company I was contracting with used this software. I hope to never use Fieldglass again. When I had an issue, and needed to extend a project timeline, it was not as simple as the admin updating a timeline. I had to then enter into my timesheet and my engineer's timesheet "0" for each day we didn't work. That was such a pain. The layout is confusing and not user frieldly. We had a project push out over 2 months and I sat with my engineer and we entered 0's for almost 20 mins filling out this system. it was very very cluncky and not easy to use.

Mahesh G.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Better portal for tracking data

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Using it for last 3 years and have found it way too better to use in comparison to other VMS portals. The portal is quite reliable in raising invoices against the payments made which helps both vendor and client to make sure the business is going smooth and is completely transparent.

Pros

Fieldglass is one of the best present VMS portal that helps us to keep track of all the consultants time and expense details. The onboarding feature is one stop solution to check on all the required details for a particular consultant which reduces the efforts and also makes payment and billing easy for the organization.

Cons

The navigation throughout the portal is not so smooth, it sometimes makes you leave an entire section before you are redirected to other. Also, the display of information is not sufficient, you have to dig deep in order to fetch details for a specified data which is time consuming. The customer service is also not so good, the portal is some times down without any update on when and how much time it is going to take to work properly again.

• Industry: Farming

Tracking employees

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

We require the agencies that supply us with contract labor to have fieldglass as the way for us to approve timecards and submit it to them for payroll. Before my time, there were paper forms that had to be faxed in but this is easy once their agencies are able to set up their own accounts and we can approve it on a weekly basis. I get emails and can add proxies or be a proxy for hiring managers to permit them or myself to approve timecards if someone has to be out of office.

Cons

I wish proxies could access all information that a hiring manager can (of course with the correct permissions). There might be a way, but I am not sure if the software or company is restricting a lot of functions that could make our jobs easier. It's still a work in progress on how hiring processes may work, but fieldglass is definitely a good tool.

David R.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Fieldglass review

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Overall it is a good system and I would recommend it to others.

Pros

Overall Fieldglass is user friendly and fairly easy to navigate.

Cons

When entering in overtime hours you are forced to enter in your base hours twice then complete the math from each day displaying the difference in regular vs overtime hours. This creates a great deal of work on the user end.

• Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Terrific req and application tracking tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Great tool when working with large companies. Easy to track form start to finish and nice for applicants to see where they stand.

Pros

-easy to use
-clean design
-updates with features and instructions
-ability to save profiles to resubmit applications
- easy to interact with talent community

Cons

-slow close out time for positions
- dependent on user for activity on positions
-limited to what you are approved to view