SAP Fieldglass Reviews

SAP Fieldglass

Vendor management and services procurement for enterprise

3.9/5 (39 reviews)
Tom L.

Fieldglass - a configurable solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

We use Fieldglass to manage candidates for client companies that we recruit for. We also manage contingent workers.

Pros

We use Fieldglass to manage recruitments for multiple client companies. Being that it is run by SAP, the software is almost infinitely configurable, and the companies are able to configure it to match the company culture and terminology.

As a recruiter, that means we have to learn the company culture and terminology as well, and it turns out that Fieldglass helps that. We are able to communicate better with the managers because we are learning their language, as it were.

Cons

Like most software, you are sometimes rigidly confined to what the software is designed to do. By that I mean that it is difficult to convey a candidate's nuances if the software doesn't include a way to do that. Of course, this means we have to be creative, and this results in us getting to know the candidates a little better, which is good for us and the client companies.

Stepheney A.

Nestle Purina's experience with SAP Fieldglass has been great!

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

The solution has helped us accomplish a significant business objective surrounding external workforce. We now have a streamlined and consistent process for our organization and will continue to expand on the solution's functionality to meet our new business objectives. The software allows for a number of reporting and analytics capabilities which has helped our business tremendously. The Account Services Team at Fieldglass is incomparable to any other. We consider them a part of our Nestle Purina family. They have gone above and beyond to work with our organization to set us up for success, and prepare us for the future. We are very thankful for their partnership and the solution.

Response from SAP

Thank you for the stellar review, Stepheney! Nestle Purina is a valued customer and we sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work with you.

David P.

Great Partner and Advocate

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

Pros

My support team at SAP - Fieldglass. Always attentive. They never shy away from telling me if I am going down the wrong path. Quick to offer best practices and help me to be a better administrator and program manager. The functionality is configurable to the needs of the program and offers comprehensive reporting which is vital in the metrics driven business environment we are in today.

Cons

I must admit that I am puzzled by the help desk at times. I don't know what goes into the prioritization of cases but they lag at times, especially if you tell them at the outset the importance of the case. It seems as though they have their criteria and don't want to consider the impact their lack of urgency can cause.

Dennis G.

Fieldglass is a good website for contract or temp workers to submit their hours to temp agencies

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

making sure my hours for my timecard is sent to my temp company's payroll depart so I get paid on a weekly or tri-monthly basis.

Pros

It is easy to enter hours, time for arrivals and leaving work, and keeping track of work hours.
It is also easy to edit hours or make corrects.

Cons

Once a timesheet for a given week is submitted, it is hard to see if it has been accepted by a temp agency or department. I have found myself calling into customer support just to verify that I have successfully submitted my timecard on time for payroll.

Response from SAP

Thank you for your review, Dennis!

SAP Fieldglass continually updates its platform with customer-centric features to ensure our customers have the best user experience possible when interacting with the tool.

Thank you again for your review and feedback.

6.0/10

Good Work Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/04/10

Multiple project efforts are being tracked effectively, utilizing multiple resources across the project landscape

Pros

The software integrates easily with project tracking databases. This allows ease of use for creating hierarchical listings of product and project codes. As a result, it is easy to track multiple but related efforts requiring tracking of hours applied.

Cons

The software requires a manual component in order to function properly. If project codes are not properly designed and initialized, it is not possibly to use the platform properly.

7.0/10
Chris T.

My favorite product for cloud storage and document sharing

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Simplified file sharing and document management for work, school, and personal use.

Pros

A wide variety of integration features with other applications. Easily share files and folders with friends and colleagues in real time. Dropbox also automatically saves and backs up my documents to the cloud, and frees up valuable space on my hard drive. Mainly, I like having the ability to access, edit, and share important files remotely. Mobile application is great, as well as syncing with other devices.

Cons

The paid or premium version can be quite costly in comparison to other cloud storage and document sharing products. Uploading time is slow for certain file formats.

Tracking employees

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

We require the agencies that supply us with contract labor to have fieldglass as the way for us to approve timecards and submit it to them for payroll. Before my time, there were paper forms that had to be faxed in but this is easy once their agencies are able to set up their own accounts and we can approve it on a weekly basis. I get emails and can add proxies or be a proxy for hiring managers to permit them or myself to approve timecards if someone has to be out of office.

Cons

I wish proxies could access all information that a hiring manager can (of course with the correct permissions). There might be a way, but I am not sure if the software or company is restricting a lot of functions that could make our jobs easier. It's still a work in progress on how hiring processes may work, but fieldglass is definitely a good tool.

Candidate Management!

Reviewed on 2019/07/21

Pros

Being in recruiting industry, management of talents/ candidates is very important. This is one of the essentials that every staffing company should have. And I must day this is one of the best I've ever used. I can easily manage candidates for every client I am working with. You can also configure it and communicate with the managers.

Cons

None. I good with what I'm getting however, there's always a room for them to make better experience.

Jose mari M.

One for All

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Pros

FieldGlass is if not the most comprehensive vendor management system tool out in the market. Easy access for everyone that uses the management tool. Ease of use is superb and navigation is easy to understand. The best thing about it is as well, is its fast something that is very vital in where this system is used, something that is appreciated by many when there are multiple users accessing the system all at the same time.

Cons

I just wish it had a more intuitive ui over all.

Lori C.

Fantastic all around platform for management

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

I like that I can manage all of my clients through the one software VMS. This makes handling multiple large or small employee headcounts a breeze. I also felt it was very user friendly.

Cons

I feel that it can crash from time to time but the customer support is very helpful in this matter.

Reviewed on 2018/08/19

Good product.

Pros

Can be customized for certain groups of people to enter their time and expenses.

Cons

Assigning and un-assigning projects and tasks and time reversals needs support. It is not very user friendly.

Tom G.

We use Fieldglass to procure contract IT staff via a vendor managed service provider.

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

We started using Fieldglass in 2016 and have filled over 100 positions to staff up our IT Department. We work with a third party vendor who provides this to us as a managed service.
Fieldglass is very easy to use. Simple and visual reporting.
Scalable and efficient.

SAP Fieldglass Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

My overall experience has been good, given my weekly usage. Apart from the less intuitive interface, it serves my purpose to fill up my timesheets very well. I would recommend this software to my colleagues.

Pros

I use Fieldglass to fill up my weekly timesheet. It is very convenient to enter hours and also gives intuitive alerts if a working hour is mistakenly filled up for a weekend or a holiday. The time sheet quantity section provides a good overall review of hours worked. Overall its a feature-rich software to use.

Cons

It would be better to have a more self-explanatory user interface since it can be a little confusing for new comers. The page has crashed a couple times during usage, but this issue has been resolved and brought back up every time.

Steve B.

For employees, a (relatively) simple way to enter time

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Fieldglass is one of three time reporting tools needed for contract employees. It is by far the easiest to use, but does not integrate with either of the other two tools. The mobile app is subpar for a company the size of SAP, especially for time-entry, which isn't a terribly-complex task in its most basic form. Still, the web-driven version is intuitive and easy to use, and where most employees I know enter their time. In the end, the product fails to impress, but it doesn't have to do so because there's nothing flashy about time entry. It is not obtrusive, and it is straightforward.

Pros

The interface is clean and uncluttered, with a simple grid view

Cons

There are very few cons to this software as it is intuitive to use, easy to navigate, and (depending on its configuration) sends out real-time notifications to approvers.

Hunter S.

Do not like or recommend

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

The only pro that comes to mind is that it tracks peoples time well. I do not really like anything else about it.

Cons

Old, archaic system. Their customer service is pretty terrible. Hard to get an answer that is actually helpful.

Response from SAP

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your dissatisfaction; we are sorry to hear of the issues that you are experiencing. While we appreciate your recognition of our platform¿s capabilities, we want you to be satisfied with all of the tool¿s features.

SAP Fieldglass continually updates its platform with customer-centric features and runs a support team around the clock to ensure continuous coverage.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance and we can have a member of our support team contact you directly.

1.0/10
Claire M.

Good Workforce Management System

Reviewed on 2018/09/21

A good workforce management system that allows you to stay organised and track workforce

Pros

Cloud Based
Intuitive
User Friendly

Cons

Can be confusing for new users, more online tutorials needed

SAP Fieldglass is the best to managed contract employees

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

A resource setup time is very minimum along with adding all the contract entry. Contractors also can easily enter their time and the manager can approve as per the email notification

Pros

This is the most user friendly time contract resource management system. Every resource can be added assigned with individual project. Resource manager gets the email with the link after the resource book time for approval.

Cons

It requires two time data entry for the time sheet. Once the user need to enter the time he/she worked and then the hours to match the time booking.

Popular UI

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/05/14

10+ years - multiple implementations in multiple countries.

Pros

The UI and ability to support large accounts of $50M+ contingent spend

Cons

Since the SAP acquisition service has declined and most recently senior sales/operations have left.

Good Product Bad people

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

Fieldglass was a usable VMS with all the features you would expect. The field seems to all have the same basic features and functions.

Cons

Filedglass worked as advertised, but implementation model was lacking substance.
Took longer to implement than anticipated. B+ software, D- personnel.

Samantha G.

Getting better

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

I like the new upgrade implemented where I can select multiple employees and equipment at once. I also like how it totals the invoice for you as a check before submitting it so I can see if I’ve made mistakes.

Cons

I do not like how I can’t find an invoice I have submitted based on my own invoice number.

Over technical system for what it provides

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

Pros

It is easy to search for positions and filter once you know the Buyer.

Cons

The software offers too much information in the single search. When looking for a job, all the the billing information comes up on the same page and it makes it difficult to pitch the job, too much information on the front page.

2.0/10

Terrific req and application tracking tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Great tool when working with large companies. Easy to track form start to finish and nice for applicants to see where they stand.

Pros

-easy to use
-clean design
-updates with features and instructions
-ability to save profiles to resubmit applications
- easy to interact with talent community

Cons

-slow close out time for positions
- dependent on user for activity on positions
-limited to what you are approved to view

Danielle B.

Super user friendly system that is easy to navigate and get through quickly

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

The software works great for all purposes we've used it for.

Pros

So easy to use, prompts for the information you must fill out on the vendor side ensure you don't mess anything up

As a contractor and as a manager

Reviewed on 2019/02/06

Clunky for recording hours the way it is set up for us.

Pros

web based tool.
useful for a large diverse workforce

Cons

not integrated to costing or charging in other SAP modules - maybe our configuration?

4.0/10

Reviewed on 2019/03/10

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use as a contractor to log hours and overtime, report absences etc. Easy to navigate and manage contractors as a Fieldglass administrator.

Cons

Would be improved if better integration to host company's HR (e.g. HR chat, etc) were included.

6.0/10