ActivTrak

4.5/5
4.5/5

Edwin
Edwin

Well, we tried the software on a trial basis and it worked extremely well. Client was pleased

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

To be candid it performed exactly for what we needed. Perhaps better follow up support once the software is purchased can help.

Pros

Again, it was easy to install and it perfomed to the client standards., We gathered intel on the particular subject an employee he wanted to investigare and he was satisfied with results.

Cons

The project was a pilot and it lasted one two weeks, the difficult part was uninstalling the software. It also slowed down the workstation and there were some issues with the installation and some security pop-ups came up. Client was upset and to this day we did not get paid for our work.

Rowen
  • Industry: Law Practice

Workforce analytics

Reviewed on 2021/11/23

Pros

Ease of deployment, intuitive dashboard, accurate analytics and reporting

Cons

Some reports and dashboard takes time to load, silent deployment could have been better

Teramind

Reasons for Switching to ActivTrak

Ease of use, Inuitive deployment, Transparent from security solutions
Aaron

A way to see what is going on to a point

Reviewed on 2023/09/05

ActivTrak is good in some ways but needs very careful evaluation and non excessive implementation, we opted in the end to use other logging and to ensure the message was to employees we aren't sitting watching every move as doing so would alienate a highly already productive team.

Pros

ActivTrak is fairly hidden though can be found by developers/competent IT people who know what to look for and it gives a way to be able to see after a fair amount of customising and configuring. Some elements such as seeing what is being used are useful but also we did seem to be logging quite excessively information we didn't need to capture.

Cons

After spending a while customizing and adding what to track we did start to wonder if this too was taking more time than the benefits and it is also worth noting that ActivTrak doesn't take into account non computer based interactions so you might see a period of inactivity when someone is actually logged into a different system or on a different task then ActivTrak is blind to this interaction. We also noted that there is a risk people within your business think its a bit excessive and similar to forcing employees at home to keep a webcamera on all day.

Mark

Definitely worth a luck.

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

Very positive, covers all the expected functionality of a product like this with some good additions.

Pros

The software is easy to configure and setup. This made it quick and simple to roll out to all of our users quickly and efficiently.

Cons

You can get a few false positive warnings and the interface in some places is not always intuitive.

Omakoji
Omakoji

It helps me to keep track of my weekly performance.

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

The recent screen-shots feature gives an employer, an actual view of an employee's
activities. In addition to that, an employer can also see what an employee is doing in real-time.
The alarm feature is also a great way of alerting an employer that an employee is spending
time on unproductive activities. Furthermore, an employer can know what an employee is
spending most of his/her time doing. This can help the employer better allocate tasks as
required to the employee or make some other decision.
It does more than track an employee. It also can do the job of a router or firewall by blocking access to certain websites.

One of the features about rescue time I really like is the weekly digest feature which is
available in ActivTrak.

The single page approach taken makes ActiveTrak easy to use and overall user friendly.

Cons

The Color and lack of appealing graphics for the graphs and charts in the administrative panel. The layout and balance between positive(non-white)space and negative(white) space.

Christian
Christian

The #1 most important productivity and employee management tool for any workplace with...

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Improved employee productivity and work quality

Improved employee productivity and work quality

Pros

Monitoring employee inefficiency and ensuring top quality and productivity. You can get real-time screenshots showing exactly what each user is doing. Even if the computer is offline the program will store all the history and screenshots and make them available as soon as you are back online

Cons

Nothing. This software is amazing. The only thing that could be different is if we didn't need to re-install the software for the major updates.

Arthur
Arthur

Very good product to track employees usage

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

We have used it multiple times when our clients needed to track employees for various reason. Usually only a small set of employees needed tracking

Pros

We suggest this product any time our customers need to track employee internet usage.

The time line and screen shot features are very nice to see what an employee is doing through out the day.

Cons

The price is a little higher than I would expect

The user can uninstall it if they have admin access. Not really a con but it is good to know this

Valentina
Valentina

ActivTrak is a very easy to use program and it has so many great features.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

I like that i can do so much and it is so simple to use and understand. Other programs i was looking into were a little harder to understand and had too much going on. I like simple and straight to the point!

Cons

I guess the only thing is that some of the more advanced features i had to play around with as they are not that simple to understand but once i really looked into them i understood how to use them.

Garrett
Garrett
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

ActivTrak Is a Great Software

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

More work got done, more focused.

More work got done, more focused.

Pros

It's very easy to stay on top of things like making sure people are doing what they are supposed to. The screenshots are also a good way to check. The admin section is easy to use and understand.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to filter out idle time. Then I could check a range of time to see how much work was done, not including idle time.

Mari
Mari
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Promising

Reviewed on 2018/12/07

Overall looking into implementing it within our agency. It tracks and shoots daily activity as indicated. Easy to run reports and easy to create settings for new ones.

Pros

Easy to use and navigate. Simple layout so can quickly learn way around it. Most accurate in information and reports than other applications.

Cons

Pulls up a completely history from several past years verses whats recent.

Felipe

Activtrak Review

Reviewed on 2021/12/06

It's been an overall great experience, their support is amazing and fast at replying, the agent does what it advertises and it has helped us greatly as of late with all the remote work being done.

Pros

What we like the most is the fact that we can categorize activities as productive or unproductive, this helps us have a more accurate report when checkin out productivity and keeps us well informed of which users are accesing unproductive websites or applications, also the fact that we can customize the schedule in which the agent keeps track of activities since a lot of our employees are woking from home using their personal devices and they can use them withough worries during their free time.

Cons

The installation process can sometimes be difficult as some firewalls and antivirus softwares block the agent from recording any activities, this means that even if the agent is sucessfuly installed we still don't get any records from it on that particular computer, it can be easily solved by adding exceptions to the software but not everyone is comfortable doing so since some are using their personal devices.

Debjit

Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

I am using for all of my 3 team members and now I can see how many time they have wasted on social media. It is a great tool to check on your team member on their efficiency. Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.Free team activity tracking with highly detailed reporting.

Pros

The dashboard is very well organised and shows exactly what needed. All the charts and statistics are very well organised and you can see where time is wasting.

Activtrak helps me to check the efficiency of my team. I was having difficulty to finish my projects and need to check my team's performance. It is easy to set up and give accurate result most of the time.

The screenshot is somehow controversial as it takes some of my teams working code and upload to the server. I am not a big fan of screenshot taking as it is very vulnerable to my coding and content, But sometimes it is useful to have as proof.

It is a good way to see team members are working or playing games or using social media.
The reporting option is vast and has most of the important things.

I love how simple the setup is, no server set up. Just install and I can now see the stats and control from a web browser. No technician needed.

Cons

For and PC it suddenly takes lots of memory and starts sending lots of packet to my default ethernet unused ports. I have to uninstall it or use wifi for internet connection. I am still waiting for my IT support staff to show up and solve this problem.

• Industry: Insurance

Features are impeccably accurate and in line with the advertised elements

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Pros

The ability to monitor employees’ and their workstations through a single interface is an upgrade in my work area. Time tracking and productivity analysis have helped me greatly in my work and are currently my favorite features out of all the great features of Activtrak. I have tried other software with similar promoted features but it slows the system down, with ActivTrak, the system works well and there seems to be no lag period. It is great.

Cons

A live feed of the employees’ screen is not available. It would be a great addition if features include live feed because as of now, screenshots are just available.

LINDA

Management

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

I have a 50/50 opinion of ActivTrak. I think it could be very beneficial to our agency. The ease of reports is not user friendly. Simple access to reports would benefit me.

Pros

I like the fact of the tracking of the employees and seeing who is working overall.

Cons

I think the teaching of reports should be better. I know how to see about burn out but that is not what I am looking for.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used for 2+ years

ActivTrak - Computer usage tracking solved

Reviewed on 2019/10/12

Productivity monitoring is the main purpose the software has been used in my organization. It does this quite well. Based on computer usage statistics provided by ActivTrak, corporate firewall rules can be adjusted to address productivity concerns.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and very easy to configure. A very small agent can be installed without a trace, even to the technically savvy. The web-based console does a great job with reporting up-to-date computer usage statics as well as screen shots in real-time. It does exactly what it is designed to do - see and record computer usage. Usage statistics are broken down by application/category which is helpful in determining productivity.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about the software as it does what it intends to do quite well. The only difficulty I have experienced is the removal of the agent when a system falls out of the scope of monitoring.

Ruth

Free version works well as accountability software

Reviewed on 2018/05/06

Pros

Although it's not designed to be an accountability program, I've found the free version to be perfect for my needs. I can download it on up to 3 devices and send weekly emails to any number of people with a detailed report of what websites and programs have been accessed. Clicking on a website/program takes you to a screen with more details, and you can easily navigate to see the screenshots of what exactly the user was doing on the site.

Cons

The data limit is only 3 GB for the free version, and you have to delete it all or nothing, you can't keep certain screenshots etc.

Sarmad
  • Industry: Music

Best Employ Monitoring Software! No Doubt.

Reviewed on 2019/07/20

Overall fantastic! I must say it's a good stuff.

Overall fantastic! I must say it's a good stuff.

Pros

The features ActivTrak offers are more than required by any person. It is full of stuff that you can utilize for the best productivity. The Agent file is very reliable and completely hidden. ActivTrak also gives you the free 3GB data plan for up to 3 different users.

Cons

It is really hard to tell about the cons. A few things could be improved like the real time screenshots are bugged out sometimes, you need to refresh the page and the incorrect page title with the different screenshot happens often.

This is great software for the monitoring

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

ease of use and the reporting functionality is great, especially the full audit log of what has been happening on a computer. it even catches title bar data of when users are in incognito or private mode. this is extremely helpful, especially when you have setup screen grabbing and alerting when you have areas of concern that a member of staff is doing something inappropriatre.

Pros

Its not a cheaper solution but it is a better solution if you want more detail into what your employees are doing. It really made the owner cringe at the level of detail we can see what the employees do, he almost thought it was too invasive

Cons

We had some employees who were consistently missing deadlines that they shouldn't have been missing. ActivTrak enabled us to efficiently identify and address some of the employees' problematic behaviors.

It worked so well that I actually installed it on my own computer to help me identify areas for improvement.

Chrissy

Wonderful

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

VALUE
Small business that has only have two administrative personnel, ActivTrak offers a free version of its software, which allows us smaller companies who may not have the resources or need for an integrate monitoring software. It allows us to monitor our employees productivity for a value that cannot be beat - FREE!

Cons

No complaints; unable to complain about software that is offered free of charge. Only suggestion is for the free version to possible allow storage to be deleted for a certain period instead of having to delete the entire history.
Wish a light version was available for smaller companies to purchase/subscribe to that allowed for unlimited storage.

Crystal
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great Program

Reviewed on 2021/11/30

My overall experience has been fantastic the support has been outstanding thank you

Pros

I like the software especially because our employees are working remotely this is a great way to track productivity and ensure they are not working to many hours.

Cons

I like the software there is nothing negative to say

Robert
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Nice Product

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

I really hate the annual auto-renewal. Nobody likes to be surprised by an invoice before they are able to evaluate their licensing situation.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, once you get the hang of it. Screenshots are great. Reporting is great. New Team Pulse and Dashboard are awesome.

Cons

I sure wish the agents kept themselves updated. Data connect should not be an add-on, it should be included. Changing license counts up (or down) through the year should be easier.

Daniel

This software gives a great overview all in a single pane

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

like the ease of use, the granularity and functionality of the reports. Knowing the exact amount of time a user is using each software, automatically categorizing sites and software to productive/unproductive is very helpful. Like that it captures all screens for the system

Cons

I would like to be able to know what all internet tabs are that are opened if a screenshot is taken. would like to be able to configure the default screenshot timeframe.

Robert

Everything works how you imagine it should work and has almost every function you could think...

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Tracking and blocking employees activities during the day. It really helps increase productivity and allows you to see what they are doing when you're not over their shoulder.

Pros

The best thing about this software is its ease of use and learning curve. Activtrak can do almost everything an IT support company can do, but for a fraction of the cost.

Cons

There are not many cons to this software. Once you get it installed on the computer it is very easy to use. The only thing I could recommend is an automatic software update on the computers it is installed on instead of having to go to each computer and manually update versions of the software.

Active Trak has been a good basic app. It does not do the things we want it to do overall.

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Being able to register quickly

Being able to register quickly

Pros

That it was available when we needed it. We needed an application that we could use almost right away. Active gave us that option.

Cons

Support, I also do not like that we still are unable to do things we wanted to do from the beginning 3 years ago.

Adriano

Easy to use hard to keep using

Reviewed on 2021/11/29

I haven't found something better yet, but we are not all happy with it

I haven't found something better yet, but we are not all happy with it

Pros

Its easy to install even for a person without much computer knowledge

Cons

doesn't work all the time and process of trouble shooting is too hard