Sigstr Reviews

Sigstr

Email signature marketing

4.7/5 (122 reviews)
Manon B.

Sigstr: the tool we were missing to complete our marketing toolbox!

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

As a B2B business, it is important to us to tailor or communication on every platform. Sigstr has given us the ability to make the most out of our most used communication platform between our clients, prospects and candidates.

Pros

Sigstr is extremely easy to use and implement into an already existing marketing strategy. The support we received during implementation and throughout our time with them has been exemplary.

The ability to run several campaigns at once and segment based on type of account or domain gives us the freedom to make the most of email signature in a tailored and "non-aggressive way".

We also love being able to create on brand imagery straight in Adobe and upload to the platform. Being able to showcase different images within one same campaign is also a big bonus.

Another huge plus is that campaigns update to the most recent one, so even if a prospect or client looks back on an old email, the campaign will reflect the most recent active one. This is HUGE!

If you're looking to be GDPR compliant, this tool also gives you the power to still "push" and deliver your message to your key contacts without it being spammy.

Cons

We would love to be able to segment users in different ways than just in teams. Ideally being able to segment users by team and by location (which country they're in and which country / zone they serve) would be brilliant but is currently not a possibility.

We would also like to be able to disable users from showing a signature without having to delete them and their data altogether.

We would also appreciate being able to remove the "Powered by Sigstr" added text under every one of our signatures. This should be an optional feature but to my knowledge isn't at this point.

Rachelyn P.

Happy to see Sigstr Improving

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

Initially, things were a little tough with Sigstr to start, we found a lot of errors and issues that we brought to the team and they were very willing to listen. We appreciate that Sigstr took the time to make many of the improvements that we discussed. CSR has been absolutely fantastic to work with the entire time, she is responsive, creative and friendly. We appreciate her willingness to help us when things get confusing or when issues arise. We may have given up on Sigstr earlier if we didn't have her support/help with everything. Overall, happy with the platform.

Pros

I like the general premise/concept of the software - using email signatures as part of an overall marketing plan is a great idea. I like that it's clickable and stands out among the regular email body text. I like all of the recent improvements, considering many of the improvements were suggestions that we made about a year ago. It's nice to know that Sigstr listens to customer feedback and uses it to make improvements. I also like the new addition of gifs and alternating email banners, which is great.

Cons

A lot of the issues we had with Sigstr seem to have been addressed in software updates, which is great. However, we still don't see a ton of referral traffic from the email signatures. I think this is just something we have to work on refining together over time with our campaigns. Would love to see some sort of calendar view setup for the campaigns. Not sure the best way to organize it, but the organization can get a little confusing sometimes.

Not sure if these things have been resolved yet, but a few notes from our previous conversations. If they have been addressed, then great!
When forwarding an internal email (that shows an internal Sigstr campaign) externally it should either 1) remove banner or 2) replace banner with external campaign
Should have a ranking system when you can rank campaigns (drag and drop or number them) in the order you want them to show
Can there be a basic toggle or on/off function that quickly allows you to turn off a campaign, rather than fiddling with dates/schedules
Would love to be able to show alternating campaigns within one signature. For example, one person's signature rotates through a variety of campaigns throughout the day/week (rather than just stuck on one campaign one day, and then a different campaign schedule for a different day).

7.0/10
Kaitlan W.

A Great, Simple Platform For Email Signatures

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

We've been happy with Sigstr's product and their customer service team. We haven't needed their help much, but when we did they were very responsive. I was a bit concerned about not having a phone number to call, but I haven't had any issues with communication with it just being through email.

Pros

We were having a difficult time with our previous method of creating CTAs and having employees update links within Gmail themselves, it just wasn't working. People would forget how to update and then would get frustrated and not do it. We also found keeping a consistent look to the signature was hard to maintain with the size of our team.

Sigstr took away all of the issues we were having with calls to action and signature updates within our company. Now our signatures look clean and uniform. It's so easy to update images, links, and groups within the software. I love that it gives complete control to the marketing team and leaves little room for error. We have seen slow but steady clicks on links within Sigstr and while it isn't our most popular lead source we appreciate the detailed analytics the Sigstr dashboard provides.

The program itself is fairly intuitive and easy to use. The interface isn't quite as clean as an Apple product for example, but I haven't had any issues finding what I needed.

I know Sigstr has more advanced features like messaging based on the email recipient that would help with internal communication, but those features are out of our budget.

Cons

The only problem we've run in to is if any changes need to be made to someone's actual signature information (like their title or phone number) they have to reinstall the signature for it to take effect. This isn't a huge issue, but we've been growing rapidly and many people are switching departments and seem irritated to have to update their signature again.

We've only had one other hiccup with installation, but the Sigstr support team was happy to help individuals who needed additional assistance with installing their signature.

7.0/10

Sigstr is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Overall, it is a pretty good up and coming tool with a user-friendly interface. It still has areas of growth and improvement, but it adds value internally and externally for a decent price.

Pros

The signature we have with Sigstr is definitely better than the previous “everyone create their own”. We look more uniform now and the addition of our pictures helps the recipient feel more comfortable with a face to the name. Signatures can be assigned to different groups within the company and the fields in the signature can also be company fields or individual fields. So if you want the Sales Team only to have a signature with their personal LinkedIn, but the company’s Facebook page, that can easily done.

Being someone who prefers Adobe Suites, being able to design my banner however I want and just upload it is very convenient for me. Once created, you can decide if it’s an internal/external campaign and/or assign banners to specific HubSpot lists. Once the campaign is live, you can see who clicked on the banner, how many times and how the campaign is doing via the click rate. Sigstr is also adding carousel banners with the ability to assign different links to each banner which is pretty cool.

The customer service at Sigstr is pretty good as well. They would fix any bugs we found quickly and helped us build our original signature. Since then, employees at Sigstr have kept in touch and even stopped into our office once when they were in town to get our feedback.

Cons

I will say in setting up our signatures, we had a few bugs (which Sigstr quickly resolved) and coding set backs because I cannot code (coding is only required the fancier your signature gets). But once your signature is done, you don’t need any more coding.

Also, someone who doesn’t have Photoshop or Bannersnack skills, might have trouble designing/updating the banners frequently. However, Sigstr is adding an in-platform banner creation option sometime in the future.

Rachel G.

Effortlessly Make Your Organization's Emails More Impactful

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Our experience with Sigstr has been seamless and easy! The tool takes little effort to make a great impact. We find that creating banners and uploading them in bulk with custom UTM codes (for google analytics tracking) and scheduling out the banners per department on a timeframe allows us to maximize our investment in the tool. Our team could be better at leveraging the tool more with multi-banner campaigns and GIFs, but we'll get there.

Pros

Sigstr extends your company's targeted messages to all internal and external email recipients. We love using Sigstr to promote new and fresh marketing content, events, webinars, product updates, etc. Having Sigstr embedded in the signature of each email, regardless of the email body copy, Sigstr allows our organization to conclude emails uniformly with intention by promoting different customizable information our company is wanting to share.

Cons

We have not been able to tie any revenue gained from Sigstr, like other marketing demand generation/awareness products, which is why we have stayed on our basic plan and have not upgraded. I believe the basic signature package of Sigstr is worth it regardless if it creates revenue for your company or not due to the customizable banner signatures for your entire organization and to promote helpful and engaging content, but don't expect the signature tool to contribute heavily (if at all) to pipeline.

Jennifer R.

Easy to use platform allows you to leverage new channel for content distribution and brand awareness

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

In addition to helping us achieve brand alignment in our email channel, Sigstr has provided a new channel for content distribution and brand awareness.

The platform itself is pretty intuitive and straight forward, the UI is user-friendly. It's easy to add new employees and create campaigns. A game changer for us is the ability to leverage the campaign scheduler feature, which allows us to plan a series of campaigns in advance, get the creative in place and schedule campaigns back to back. This helps us stay on top of our programs and ensure nothing slips through the cracks.

Lastly, the Sigstr team is truly great. The level of support and commitment to customer excellence is world class.

Cons

There are a few bugs that need to get resolved and additional functionality that needs to be developed. I believe some of this is already in progress:

-Can't exclude internal clicks from campaign performance, skews data.

-Campaign creative is set to permanently display by default. This means that even if a campaign is no longer live the creative will still display for members who are not part of any active campaigns. The workaround is to manually opt out.

-No ability to easily select/deselect groups in campaigns. Once you add a group to a campaign there is no easy way to remove. The workaround is to add that group to a different campaign.

Emma S.

Outstanding Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Our overall experience has been very positive, mainly because of the incredible customer service by Sigstr. Every question is answered promptly. Their team isn't just there to help you if you run into a problem, they are also there to make sure you're getting the most out of Sigstr. For example, they noticed we hadn't changed up our campaigns in a while so they helped me brainstorm some new ones.

Their customer support and success teams help you with every step of the implementation process and check in with you periodically to make sure you're getting the most out of their product. They really care about their customers.

Pros

This software is amazing! I cannot say enough good things about it. It is easy to use and the customer service is second to none. As the administrator, I have the ability to control all of the email signatures for my organization in one place. Before Sigstr we were having an issue with keeping everyone's signature on brand and now its the same across the board. We love having the ability to assign different campaigns for each team to better target prospects. It has also served as a great tool to get information out to prospects and current customers.

Cons

It is truly hard to say what I like least about Sigstr because I haven't come across any issues. We had a small issue with our signatures not showing up correctly for Out of Office messages but after reaching out to their customer support, that was quickly resolved. (really quickly, it was a matter of clicking one button in Gmail).

It's a signature tool for marketers, not IT people. Finally.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/07

The company is obviously dedicated to it's product roadmap. I've seen loads of development and expansion of the product in the two short years we've been with them. As a software company, we like to see a well-played roadmap.

Pros

It gives us the ability to run multi-product multi-segment campaigns simultaneously. It's easy to program campaigns and they are constantly updating capabilities like animated gif, rotating banner campaigns, internal and external banner features.

Cons

There are still a few things that are awkward, on the admin side. For example, we use HubSpot so we need the Sigstr html to be place into each sales person's HubSpot account, but they can't access that themselves. (Oddly, I think they may be able to for Marketo use?) Another HubSpot thing, we want the signature to include sales reps' HubSpot book-a-meeting links, but this has to be done by account management inside Sigstr, our in-house admin can't do it. Let me point out, the people at Sigstr are more than happy to help us with both these things, I'm just noting that we would self-serve if we could.

Tim S.

Intriguing Product with Exciting Potential

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Response times and expertise are exceptional. The Sigstr team is always thinking ahead. We haven't cracked tracking the ROI yet, but we're convinced of the value.

Pros

Sigstr is a powerful tool with potential to pick-up interactions (internal and external) though the endless flow of email. The banners provide a creative canvas to catch the attention of a weary email recipient and drive engagement. The total amount of impressions and interactions has been surprising. As with any tool, it has to be managed to keep content fresh and exiting, but people notice and ask me about my signature. (For some reason, they seem to ask me more about my signature that the content of my emails, but that’s another matter.) Matched with creative content, tracking links, and active management, Sigstr represents a cost-effective tool to supplement any marketing program.

Cons

It has to be managed! Of course, every tool does, and we're learning more and more about Sigstr's support capabilities.

Jacob F.

No-brainer for marketing engagement

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

We were able to standardize our email footers, as well as introduce campaigns into them seamlessly.

Pros

Intuitive system, easy to ramp up and immediately effective. We recently added the Salesforce integration to our account as well, and this has elevated our ability to target prospects and customers more effectively than ever. We have been using the Sigstr app for 2 years before we got the Salesforce integration app, and I was already very pleased with the results.

Cons

All the suggestions I have made to Sigstr for improving their system, they have responded to and we have seen their system get better and better. So there is nothing now I don't like about the software.

Great platform and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Daily visits and re-directs to our website or any other landing page that we are promoting at the time.

Pros

We love using Sigstr here at work. The account reps are easy to work with and very accommodating to work with. The support is A+ as well as any sales personnel we have worked with. The new functionality and options they continue to roll out is great as well. Always changing to keep up with trends and times.

Cons

Nothing too negative (or cons) to say about the platform...other than it would be nice if we could integrate it easier without having to use internal teams to help with the process. That seemed to slow things down...but not Sigstr at fault.

Mike S.

Very strong external AND internal marketing tool

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Brand-unification, added style to emails, and boost in Marketing and Sales. It's every bit of an advantage if utilized correctly.

Pros

You're adding a channel to reach everyone you do business with. It's direct, but also subtle. It's fun and creative, but also cuts to the chase for business purpose. If I started my own company or even changed jobs, I'd be sure to have Sigstr in my toolkit.

Cons

Adoption was a little difficult. Most of the problem is that it's a little difficult to have internal 100% buy-in because signatures are so personal. It was a small hurdle, but after some time, people see massive value, get leads, and get excited about new campaigns.

Ty F.

Sigstr is a no-brainer!

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

At CSI, we are working to change perceptions of our brand and this technology allows us to put our brand in front of the industry in a way that conveys our evolution as a company. To clarify: Old, stodgy generic companies don't use cuting edge technology like Sigstr. Therefore, just by utilizing the Sigstr solution we are acting in congruence with our marketing vision.

Pros

Offers exponential growth in brand touch-points
We continuously have multiple campaigns running simultaneously depending on the email audience and the sender
Our customer service and account representative are extremely helpful and proactive

Cons

There is nothing i don't like, my only wish is that we were in a place organizationally, to utilize more of the 1:1 ABM capabilities that Sigstr offers.

Lorna M.

Sigstr is user-friendly and supportive!

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

I really enjoy the fact that Sigstr is another outlet for our company to get content out to people we're speaking with. We've had Sigstr banners about everything from events to blog posts to awards our products have won. Banner interaction is really helpful to the marketing team to know who is interested in learning more and what they are most interested in. I also love that Sigstr helps their customers brainstorm new ways to get creative with banners!

Pros

I am a Sigstr user and on my company's marketing team. I create the banners for my company, but Sigstr has a team of people that will help with design work which is really helpful for a team with creative needs! Our support rep has always been prompt with helping us with any questions we have. I also think the dashboard for creating and managing user campaigns is very easy to navigate and work with. They also send out newsletters with webinar invites, campaign advice on how to integrate Sigstr into marketing initiatives such as ABM, banner features and ideas, and more.

Cons

I wish there was an A/B testing feature for the multiple banners option so you could see which versions of which banners in a single campaign are being interacted with the most. I also wish there was a bit more reporting functionality involved to see who is clicking on the banners.

Brad P.

Sigstr Makes it Easy to Deliver a Consistent Brand Message via the Email Signature

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Sigstr has been great to work with. They provide regular updates on their software and reach out to us with new ideas and strategies for making our implementation work better for us. When we do have a question, they respond back to us right away.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Team members can "set it and forget it," installing the software one time. Marketing can then easily update the signature with relevant content at anytime.

Cons

Deploying the signature across a wide number of email clients can be technically challenging. We occasionally need to work one-on-one with team members to get things looking just right.

Kevin M.

SIGSTR delivers Solid ROI

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

We are a B2B business with tiered distribution channels which make it difficult to reach our direct customer (outside of costly industry association websites and publications). SIGSTR has provided a new touchpoint that allows me to cost-effectively market to both prospects and existing customers in away that is highly-targeted and measurable.

We experienced a positive ROI in first 6 months of using SIGSTR. Aside from measurable impressions, we were able to show a clear ROI solely from incremental click through revenue (via clicks on SIGSTR banner to website visits with conversions).

Pros

SIGSTR is extremely Intuitive and user-friendly. The solution makes it very easy to design and implement ABM marketing campaigns. Its integration with Hubspot CRM allows me to deliver very targeted messaging, whether one-to-one, one-to-few or one-to-many.

Cons

I wish there was a pricing level for smaller companies with less than 50 users (at present, the plan for 20 users is same cost as plan for 50 users). Also, I kind of think the annual service fee should be less in year 2 and forward, assuming no additional setup/integration efforts are required after the first year.

Jason G.

Every Marketers Dream

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Implementation was a breeze, the Sigstr team makes it super easy. BIG shout out to Zach Peach, he's been awesome to work with the past 2 years. I'd recommend Sigstr to any organization, the ways we leverage this tool for prospecting facing communications, customer facing communications, and internal communications only continues to grow.

Pros

As a marketer, one thing I always try to achieve is a consistent brand message and appearance across the entire organization. Sigstr makes email signatures the easiest part of achieving that goal. Not only does Sigstr allow us to control the signature appearance for staff, it allows us to dynamically push new banners out without requiring any action on the end user.

Cons

The headshot functionality also known as an "Avatar" is sold as "support package" despite it being a product feature. In order to get this functionality, you have to upgrade your support package..?

Egan M.

Sigstr unlocks the full potential of a powerful, yet underutilized, marketing channel.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

Sigstr is easy to use and it drives results. It's everything marketers could ever ask for from a martech solution. Their clean and friendly UI makes performing tasks within the software easy. Sigstr gives us more control over our brand by centralizing the formatting and delivery of email signatures across our whole company. ABM campaign functionality has been a major driver of engagement, especially with promoting top of funnel content to drive leads and increasing sales velocity with already engaged leads or opportunities.

Cons

The integration with Gmail is seamless. However, it can sometimes be a minor inconvenience chasing down people who use other email apps whenever we update a company signature. The good thing is that doesn't happen very often, and all the campaign banners (which are changed often) update no problem.

Keith B.

Hidden Gem for All Digital Marketers!

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Helped us drive a wave of registrations to our webinar program as well as drive awareness to our various campaigns surrounds product releases, events, and sales promotions.

Pros

Simple to use and to setup. Not an expensive piece to the marketing stack but something that gives you complete control over messaging across various departments. Can have a major impact if you use all the features and deploy it properly.

Cons

Sometimes support can be a little hit or miss, but they are growing so I expect that to get a lot better.

Lauren P.

Sigstr

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

Very easy to use with very few hiccups -- but customer service was able to assist me with any issues I encountered.

Pros

As the marketing director launching new branding for my firm, I was primarily concerned with consistent branding in email signatures across the firm. Sigstr made that super easy!

Cons

The thing I like least is that now I have to add users in groups of 10 -- kind of annoying if I just need to add one user and don't anticipate another 9 will come on board.

Easy to use email signature management cloud software.

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

A centrally managed email signature cloud based software that works with little effort by admins.

Pros

It is very easy to administrate the SigstrOne version of Sigstr. It being cloud based makes it easy to not push installs. Managing signatures centrally as a company brings a peace of mind for the company.

Cons

Appending an email signature after the email is sent makes users paranoid that their signature is not correct. It is not intuitive to check your signature as a user.

Jenna H.

Great Email Marketing

Reviewed on 2018/07/18

The product looks great and allows me to market a message via my email signature without me having to make the entire email be about the message - I love it!

Pros

It's great being able to market a product, case study or anything via my email signature using a picture, video or saying! Also, it's very easy to change out the message(s).

Cons

I don't have any cons, at this time. I think the product is great and have now used it at two different companies I've worked at.

Great Product. Particularly for SMB-Medium sized businesses.

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

Great customer service. I always had a go-to account rep who was extremely prompt with my needs or requests. Additionally, the Sigstr UI allows us to segment our different departments and match them with varying campaigns, which is great.

Cons

Adding avatars/headshots is a bit manual. I can't complain too much, as our rep took care of this for us. However, seems this could easily be made an automated/self-serve process.

Chandler K.

Sigstr is the best way to turn every e-mail into a marketing opportunity

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

We can exert centralized control over every employee's e-mail signature, which ensures brand consistency.

Pros

It's intuitive to manage, simple to set-up and easy to make a big impact with your e-mails. We use it for internal and external e-mails. We've been able to increase brand recognition and measurably impact our overall marketing results by advertising content in every outbound e-mail. The ability to create targeted lists for ABM activities is also a HUGE advantage.

Cons

Fully and properly implementing the software will require the administrator to work individually with employees who are not tech savvy and have difficulty managing their e-mail signatures.

However, once the implementation is done, it's easy to provide ongoing support.

It's an excellent solution we've really come to depend on for a promotional channel.

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

1. Utilizing real estate that was already there. Getting more traction from CTAs we were already distributing elsewhere.
2. Alignment of sales and marketing on time-sensitive promotion and campaigns
3. Alleviated the need to manually control brand in email sigs across a several hundred person company.

Pros

As a marketer, I like that it's a way to easily control the content and CTA's that various sales and client services teams are using on any given day.

Cons

I really like it. This isn't meant to be a negative point per se, just note. There are a lot of possible configurations and uses (team delineations, campaign scheduling, ABM, HubSpot integrations), it's could be a great resource to your lead gen operation but it will take a strategic brain in-house to figure out the best use cases.