Critical Mention Reviews

Critical Mention

All-in-one platform for real-time social media monitoring

4.5/5 (4 reviews)
Stacy J.

Critical Mention Helps Makes Our Press Even More Newsworthy

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

Our agency went viral - literally viral around the world - due to our ability to quickly share detailed metrics during several media outlet interviews. The data is easy to pull, and the reports are customizable for client needs.

Pros

Critical Mention allows us to stay up-to-the-very-minute (literally) of media mentions of our agency and our clients. Often when we do a PR interview, Critical Mention lets us know it is live before the reporter has had a chance to email us. It also provides the metrics we need for clients to be able to showcase overall impressions and media value, while allowing us to remove clutter nonsense that is repetitive and not relevant for tracking needs. We use the software more so for tracking TV coverage for clients as we do product placement for brands as part of our agency services. Critical Mention allows us to review content without having to have a massively extensive (with heavy upkeep) monster of a DVR system in place.

Cons

The social media analytics still have some room to improve, and the maximum you can search for mentions is 60 days - so you need to stay on top of reporting and not use it for competitive research unless you have forethought to plan and download those reports on a continuous basis.

Sarah S.

Pull all of my media coverage in minutes!

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

I am able to show my partners how much value we've gotten out of our trade media.

Pros

This software pull all of my media coverage in minutes. It shows the value of my coverage, reach/audience and links to all of the clips. It even pulls video clips from live TV.

Cons

It cannot track some radio due to closed captioning. I also wish it could pull social media coverage as well so that i could pull everything in one report instead of using two different softwares.

Sarah T.

Easy to search

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

It was very easy to figure out how to use the software and search for related topic for our organization.

Cons

I felt that all the searches did not come up when the word was searched. I would have to use different words for one topic.

Marie P.

Reporting is quick

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

Reporting is quick and easy. This is something that I've needed for a while with my social media management position. I also am able to gather useful data to better target my audience. The implementation process was also pretty quick and easy.

Cons

It is a bit time consuming and cumbersome to use. There is still a lot of updating that would benefit this software as it evolves.