OnPay

Award-winning payroll and HR that move businesses forward

Lisa C.

Great Payroll System

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Great tool that is affordable and easy to use!

Pros

What I like most about OnPay is how easy it is to use the tool. I do not have a payroll background and I was able to figure out how to process payroll with getting frustrated. It's very intuitive and easy to use. I also like that chat functionality. They respond instantly and are incredibly knowledgeable/helpful.

Cons

I wish we could integrate it with our HRIS platform so I wouldn't have to switch between 2 different systems to process payroll (401k contributions and approve non-exempt time cards, etc.)

Mike G.

Great Payroll Software

Reviewed on 2020/06/08

I have really enjoyed using this software. It is our companies third payroll software vendor and as long as they continue to operate the way they do it will be our last.

Pros

The fact that you can modify employee information, add/subtract new employees, and make changes all while right in the middle of running a payroll. It is also very valuable that they allow you to run as many payroll instances as you need. For instance if you have an employee that forgot to add to their time sheet you can go back and generate another payroll for that one employee with no additional charges.

Cons

Some of the elements of the software are not intuitive and it is very difficult at times to deal with tax related issues through the software. Customer service is usually really helpful and most questions can be answered through chat.

Joan P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Time-saver!

Reviewed on 2020/07/05

Doing payroll now takes minutes instead of hours! The program pays for itself, not only in time saved, but due to less expense from the accounting firm.

Pros

All I have to do is enter the hours, overtime, and any bonuses- - -all the calculations are done automatically. It is a relief not to have to calculate the withholdings, write the checks, figure out how much to pay the state and federal government, then pay it. As our staff grew, I didn't have time to spend on payroll, then had to pay my accountant to double-check everything. OnPay takes care of everything! I am not very computer-savvy, so it was nice to be able to get assistance from their friendly service people. Now I can figure out most things on my own!

Cons

Sometimes new employees miss the part about setting up direct payment into their accounts. It must not be obvious, because about 1 out of 3 will miss it.
Getting set up was fairly easy. They took the information from my old system (which was mostly "by hand" and converted it easily. When I didn't understand something, their customer service was able to talk me through it.

Amy L.

Full function, clear UX, low cost

Reviewed on 2020/04/05

Overall, it's been very positive. They have what our organization needs at a good price, and are easy to use.

Pros

I chose OnPay because they offered an easy-to-use QSEHRA designation, which our previous provider SurePayroll did not. I am tremendously pleased with OnPay. The page layouts are clear, reasonably intuitive and very easy to set up, and they keep introducing smart upgrades which make tools even easier to find. They also have excellent customer service, by chat, phone, or email.

Cons

It could be clearer to set up PTO/vacation/sick policies. I also don't know why I can't delete double notifications when employees get paid.

Tiffany H.
  • Industry: Utilities

Great Payroll Company

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

OnPay has been so helpful throughout the time that we've been a customer. They've gone above and beyond to support us when we make a mistake and need instant support. The software is easy to use and very intuitive. We appreciate the partnership and look forward to growing together.

Pros

OnPay is so easy to use, easy to learn, and easy to implement. it makes quick work of payroll.

Cons

I would love to see them add an option to upload an excel payroll file instead of hand entry.

Cheryl R.

OnPay / ChaiOne

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

We can process our payroll whenever it is convenient for us and having OnPay process the taxes for us is truly time saving for our small team. Every time we have a question, we utilize the Chat option and have received efficient customer service. If an issue requires additional research on their side, we receive answers very promptly. We are a very satisfied client.

Pros

The ease of use, cost, and customer service are what continue to be the greatest assets for our business in using OnPay.

Cons

Everything about our experience have been positive. No negatives from us.

Peter C.

OnPay satisfaction

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

The big problem solved over the previous provider experience is the quality of customer service. Instead of being handed from 'specialist' to 'specialist', and putting up with constant confusion, mis communication and errors, OnPay are just on it. When you talk or communicate with OnPay you communicate with a real person who knows their business, what your business needs, their software, and who won't stop working with you personally until you are completely happy.

Pros

Visually intuitive platform that takes what is a central admin process from functional to pleasurable.
OnPay offers simple, clear, visually attractive navigation for both the admins and the employees. Multiple reports options with the same visual simplicity and clarity, all easily sharable and usable. By comparison to the alternative payroll software we used prior, OnPay feels like its been designed by users, and not by accounting mechanics.

Cons

The OnPay software just works, if there are problems, or least likes, can't think of anything significant.

Jonathan S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Very Pleased with OnPay

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

All good. I would (and have) recommend OnPay.

Pros

OnPay seems to be a great payroll provider for me and my business. I am a small shop (solo attorney), so cost is a concern as well as accuracy and reliability in my payroll and tax filings. OnPay has not disappointed me. Their customer service team has been able to deal promptly with the few issues that have arisen and has adapted to my local taxing bureau. Their service reps have been available for prompt responses to my inquiries no matter how small.
Bringing on new employees is pretty seamless as is generating year-end or quarterly reports as needed.

Cons

I don't like the auto-reply that says they've received my email and they'll reply. Kind of annoying. Also, the two day float for ACH debits is a bit of a lag, but I understand why they must do it.

Corissa D.
  • Industry: Accounting

More bang for your buck

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Pros

Easy to set up and transfer employee and company info from previous payroll service providers. I like that the tax filing service is already included in the cost. I'm paying $680 a year for Intuit payroll and I have to file all the taxes for my clients. OnPay is roughly $480 a year and everything is done for you and you get much better customer service. I am telling all my new and existing clients about OnPay!

Cons

The biggest downfall so far is linking payroll to intuit QuickBooks for the payroll data entry. I also dislike their emailing strings; there are several people engaging in your email string and it gets a little confusing and is easy to overlook an email. Lastly, OnPay should offer a referrals program!!

Going down hill fast

Reviewed on 2020/01/18

They used to be good. I have been them for 3-4 years

Customer service knew what they are doing, there were not glitches, basically hassle free payroll. Starting September or October, we started having issues here and there. First features would get added ( and we start using them ) and then disappear. Taxes are not being filed on time or at all ( I have called them, talked to them on the phone about this multiple times ) . Integrations appear and disappear and i have to keep syncing things. Have to map quickbook chart of accounts again for every payroll item. It's been a NIGHTMARE. It's literally a nightmare. I am looking at other companies and now willing to pay more.
The function to upload payroll data comes and disappears right before the payroll and then it takes one day to add it and then again it disappears

We have a collection notice from our state because of these guys. Every time, i message them / email them, either they don't respond or when i talk to them on the phone they act like i am a dumb.

They are terrible.

Pros

Cheaper price than many but I would rather pay more for a job to get done well.

Cons

on collection notice from state dep of rev because of them
Non responsive Customer service ( someone will talk to you but don't get things done )
Customer service not knowledgeable ( gave me wrong information several times )
Glitch y integrations with other platforms ( you can only use WhenIWork )
Glitch y software in general
Features appearing and disappearing

Response from OnPay

Hi there! Thanks for your feedback, and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a better experience. Though tax mistakes are uncommon, when a tax notice does happen our Customer Experience team is here to help resolve everything. We'd be happy to look into the issues you mention and make sure everything runs smoothly. We have also expanded our integration offerings, which may be of interest. If you message us your company name or email, we'll reach out to help!

Roy B.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Affordable payroll tool, that does everything we need, and makes sure nothing is filed late!

Reviewed on 2020/07/01

Saves us time and money to do payroll weekly. Ensures nothing is missed for tax filings. Customer service is outstanding!

Pros

How easy it is to run payroll. It takes less time to run payroll each week. I dont have to worry about tax payment timing, and filing.

Cons

There has not been any negatives that we have experienced yet.

Patricia M.

This will save you a lot of time and money!

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Over the past 9 months that I have used OnPay I have only had positive experiences and I would highly recommend that you check them out and see how much money they can save you too!

Pros

We have had numerous times when we have had a question or we do not where to find something within their system and we can immediately, via their live chat, ask a question and get immediate help.

OnPay is very easy to set up and to use. If you have a question or a problem they will walk you thru the process of what you need to do by giving you clear step by step directions.

On Pay has saved our company money in bookkeeping time for not only the writing of payroll checks to the employees, but the tracking of vacation and sick leave and all of the different tax entities that must be paid each month, quarter or annually.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I can say I dislike about the program. If I would change anything it might be to increase the number of companies that they can integrate the time sheets from or maybe create their own.

Mackenzie S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Payroll Made Easy

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Producing our payroll is made so easy with onpay. It is awesome to be able to email the employees their "check stubs" instead of wasting paper printing them.

Pros

Onpay is super user-friendly. The software was perfect for new/inexperienced business owners to navigate as well as teach to other employees. Customer support may be one of the best features of the site. They are super knowledgeable about everything from simple user errors to complicated tax questions.

Cons

The site often tells me my session is expired when I first log in, which means I get automatically logged out and have to log in again. Sometimes it will have two times in a row.
I'm not sure if direct deposit is an option with onpay but it would be nice.

Robert G.

So glad I found Onpay

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

I don't remember how I found Onpay, but I'm so happy that I did. I made the switch from ADP and I can honestly say that the experience has been better in every single way!

Pros

The customer service is the area that Onpay shines the most. Which is followed very closely by the fair cost for service.

Cons

Some of the advanced features aren't always intuitive, but customer support is always fast and friendly.

Chris L.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Pretty Flawless.

Reviewed on 2017/09/30

Puts me in control of Payroll data entry. Allows multiple pay runs without extra cost. Gives employees access to their payroll records.

Pros

Customer support is great. Any issue or question that I have encountered is addressed almost instantly. I have had terrible experiences with other payroll companies in the past concerning egregious data errors on their end leaving our company to clean up the mess. Onpay puts the onus on the employer to properly enter payroll data and works flawlessly from there. Tax support is quick and helpful.

Cons

There is little to not like. We've only had minor issues with tax reporting that we're promptly addressed by Onpay.

Dana R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Awesome payroll company

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Customer service is so fast and accurate! Always done via email

Pros

My employees who are usually under 20years old find it very user friendly. They have everything they need right on their phones. They never have to ask me for anything even another W2! I tell everyone to get this service. It’s just awesome

Cons

There are no apps for smart phones which I think would be easier than going through the website

Zach S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Company for Payroll

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. You can usually find what you are looking for pretty quickly.

Cons

Only thing I wish could be done is to have some sort of way for employees to sign documents through the software.

Tom W.

Extremely happy with my experience so far

Reviewed on 2017/10/26

Pros

I added my first employee a little over a year ago. I looked into mulitple payroll companies and decided to go with OnPay. I am extremely happy with my choice. At this point, I only use them for payroll and it is only one employee, but I know they have additional services that will help me as I continue to grow. The peace of mind knowing they take care of all the taxes has been awesome. When you compare it to QuickBooks Payroll and the fact you pay for the payroll service and then still have to take care of the taxes yourself makes the additional cost of using OnPay a no brainer.
Simplicity and ease of use
Customer support when I have needed it
The fact they take care of all the taxes

Bea C.

Fairly Easy to Use and Great Value

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

Great. Has been fairly easy to use. Upgrades continue to meet our needs.

Pros

Though we've needed some guidance on setting up the retirement savings as well as Sick Leave, the Support has been very accessible. If the online chat doesn't meet my needs, the OnPay team facilitates with a voice call.

Cons

Setting up the Retirement and Sick Leave or PTO.

Terry ann F.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Easy to Use, Excellent Customer Support

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

Payroll reporting monthly was always a real pain for me. This makes my life so much simpler. I love the fact that I can run payroll from anywhere and do not have to be in the office to process checks each week.

Pros

The simplicity of running our weekly payroll is of the upmost importance. Even our company owner can do it if I happen to be away. That is a major plus!

Cons

I've not encountered any issues that I would consider a con.

Taniea M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Quality

Reviewed on 2020/05/27

excellent software, easy to use and customer services are knowledgeable and responsive

Pros

I find the software easy to use and it meets the needs of our agency .

Cons

There are no additional features I would needs at present

Susan M.

Easy setup. Quick responsive feedback. I love the chat feature. Good Value

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Pros

I like the ease of use, the ability to direct deposit pay roll and the reports can be manipulated to produce pertinent information. All the with holdings are deducted and entities paid.

Cons

Can't say anything bad. There has been an occasional glitch that was addressed immediately. Maybe email notifications would be a useful feature to add when payments are debited. But it is all on line to view.

Tina S.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

I am on on-pays biggest fan!

Reviewed on 2020/02/02

Excellent excellent excellent!

Pros

Being a first-time business owner, and knowing very little about payroll , choosing on pay is the smartest decision I have made yet.

User-friendly, excellent customer support, super easy on a small budget and I am 100% comfortable in leaving everything in their capable hands. Simply click a button on payday and it's done! It doesn't get any easier

Cons

I can't even think of anything to put here

Catherine C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

OnPay

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

It has been very easy to use

Pros

I am new to processing payroll and I love that when I have a questions I can call OnPay and an actual person answers (without having to press a million prompts to get a person) and will walk me through whatever my situation is.

Cons

I have never used a different payroll software so I have no issue with it.

Himal R.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

We are using it from 1/1/17 and it seems good.

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

Pros

User interface is easier to understand. Easy to use step by step to input data on it. Easy to generate reports.

Cons

There is very few options to change as we need and when we contact to your team, they always say will forward to development team, but very few of them resolved.