Structural Reviews

Structural

Employee engagement and success platform with mobile support

4.4/5 (32 reviews)
Mike S.

Really nice for my company, but could be perfect for many other companies.

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

Pros

The interface is modern, personality tab is cool. This is ideal for events and new hires mingling well with existing hires. This has been a very customization and therefore very relevant tool for the corporate arm of our company.

Cons

The big problem with most tools like this is fostering engagment for everyone in the company. There are so many communication tools but Structural should be treated a little differently. It should be treated more as an digital intercom that's also a very attractive corporate directory. Also, it was once a little glitchy. The log in issues were a problem starting out, but then later were addressed and have been resolved. There are a lot of hot pushes that make the app restart, but as the app gets more mature, I can assume there would be less.

It is an easy to you company directory that has bonus functions compared to baked in directories.

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

I primarily use it as a company directory as a system admin for my company. It is quicker than Office 365 at serving up search results.

Pros

I like that it has a lot of profile fields. My favorite is Starbucks Order because it is an easy way to give an quick, affective gift to a co-worker.

Cons

I do not like that posting is restricted to 1 or few people. I think it keeps the product a directory and not a corporate social network. Even if managers could post, that would be an improvement.

Isaiah F.

Structural is a great way to connect with other members of your company!

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pretty much what I said in my review. It's a nice way to stay connected to what's happening in your company.

Pros

- Easy way to find people in the company for any purpose. The app sorts by interests, skills, and other profile information. Also has been useful to find emails and phone numbers.
- Keeps track of work anniversaries, birthdays, and other milestones for you. Makes it easier to be personal!
- Nice activity feed that helps you keep track of important company announcements, news, social media presence.
- Anonymous polls are a great way to get a pulse on your team or department.
- Customizable push notifications allow me to see what other users are up to without having to check all the time.

Cons

- Seems to use a lot of my phone's resources. Sometimes shuts down unexpectedly. (although better recently)
- Wish that you could send messages in-app. It has a slack integration, but sometimes it would be easier to just to directly message people.

Rebecca H.

Imporve your organization's culture

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

Pros

With employees located in various locations outside of our headquarters, Structural is a channel for us to increase our internal communication resulting in improved culture.

Cons

I wish we could comment on posts but know they are working on that for the next release.

Phyllis M.

Satisfied

Pros

I do like being able to contact someone on the People page and seeing their phone number and email are very helpful

Cons

On the Connect page it would be nice if we could write a comment also instead of just checking a thumbs up

Review of Structural after 1 year of use.

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/10/26

When traveling to other locations or offices, Structural does a good job giving a snapshot of their environment/team.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Our company uses this as a way to house contact info across the company with a personal touch i.e. Instagram profile, personal likes/disliks, and personality profile. I also like the event functionality. Seems to house information for our conferences which is helpful.

Cons

Slightly redundant and creates another platform to check when corporate houses messages or information. Exchange also houses everyone in our company's contact info.

6.0/10
Jasmine R.

Who knew?

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I remember when I first got hired, and went through orientation, there is when I had to initially download the app. I remember signing up and scrolling through all the things people had already shared and thinking wow, I know none of these people but they seem so open and comfortable with each other to be able to share things about their family, and the things they do as co workers. And then I remember going through the list of employees and coming across a familiar name. Someone I had went to high school, and had been very close to but had not spoken with in a long time. That is when I found their email and the first week working I shot them an email. It's nice to be friends again

Pros

Structural is an easy way to get to know co workers without seeing them everyday. With people being spread over different locations it's a nice way to communicate without being there in person and still feeling comfortable sharing things with those you work with.

Cons

I currently hold no bad things to say about the app. I continue to use it here and there but for the most part it's usually when events are going on and I like to see how awesome the company and the people I work with are!

Megan S.

Great way to keep in touch with your company!

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

It keeps our company's employees engaged and in communication and we are able to see workflow of office departments.

Pros

It looks awesome and it is very easy to use. I was able to click around and figure out cool features of the app just after downloading. I can view the items I have in common with my coworkers, keep up with company updates, and find contact information for anyone in the company at a click of a button.

Cons

It does tend to crash sometimes and the search function can be a little glitchy.

Damien B.

Structural has helped us locate key information on our co-workers and others.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

I love being able to send polls to our team for answers when we are trying to make quick decisions.

Pros

Love having the ability to see information about people that you should have already known (i.e. spouses names, birthdays, etc.). Having access to this information means that you don't have to embarrass yourself by asking for this information again.

Cons

I think there is a bit of confusion around posts. For example: you would think that selecting your "Team" would allow you to post something to everyone in your company. Instead, you have to select "My Location" to contact your team. This has confused me and others.

Joe W.

Experience with Structural

It’s the best.

Pros

Structural has changed the way I interact with my employees. I now have a chance to refresh my memory before arriving at meetings with employees.

Cons

I wish it interacted with my contacts in Outlook.

Elizabeth H.

Structural for a real estate development, construction, and management company

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

We have had a very positive response to structural among all levels of employees. Leaders and new hires love Structural and it has been immensely helpful to allow staff to post information about recent achievements or events.

Pros

I love Structural's ability to connect employees who are located throughout the Midwest. Oftentimes our construction and management site staff are unfamiliar with the corporate office staff and with Structural it is easy to familiarize yourself with employees that you may not see face to face everyday.

Cons

The software is simple to use and I don't have any complaints.

Chad H.

Great app that makes me more productive and connected.

Reviewed on 2017/11/06

Pros

The Structural app allows me to find co-workers with certain skillsets. The design is intuitive and clean!

Cons

The search results could be better/more organized. Elastic search didn't always get me the desired result.

Paige H.

Very Glitchy

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/10/26

not a fan. never works when i log on

Pros

i like being able to see other people in the company profiles

Cons

it is very glitchy - it never loads

Response from Structural

Hi Paige!

My name is Hannah and I lead the Customer Success team at Structural. Very sorry to hear that your Structural experience has been less than ideal so far.

Eight Eleven Group has been a customer since Structural's early labs phase, and you may have experienced some issues with our beta product that no longer impact our production users. If you're willing, we'd love to walk you through the current version of the product to make sure the issues you experienced previously are fully resolved for you.

In addition, we sent you an email with few ideas that may help resolve the issues you may have experienced in earlier versions.

We're committed to your success, so please feel free to get in touch any time by emailing us at [email protected], and we'd be happy to help resolve any issues you're still experiencing. Looking forward to connecting.

0.0/10

Structural is integral for keeping our company aligned

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

My overall experience is positive. It is an easy digest to stay aligned in a constantly changing environment.

Pros

- I like the ability to interact with the posts, i.e: surveys, form fills, etc. Really enhances the experience and company culture.

Cons

The only cons are things that can be changed in the personal settings in terms of volume of alerts and push notifications etc.

Structural has been a key piece of our employee experience and culture strategy

Reviewed on 2017/12/08

Pros

The simple and clean design of the mobile app makes it easy for anyone in the organization to pick up Structural and use it with ease.

Cons

Understanding team make up is critical for an early stage company like ours - I'm looking forward to additional insights and the continued improvement of the "Personality" tab on each user's profile.

Brigitte H.

Great way to connect with co-workers

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

I like the search function and the ability to discover interests, personalities, and other relevant information about the people I work with daily. The polls feature is also very useful.

Cons

Looking forward to seeing more and more functionality incorporated into the product - around sorting, filtering, etc.

online community

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/06

I wish it was SSO with our work login. We have so many sites that they want us to use it gets hard to keep track of all of the passwords.

Pros

We are a company that is spread out over several states. It's nice to put a face with a name. The more people that use it the more useful it is.

Cons

I'm not a fan of social media personally. I don't like too much personal info about me being online. There should be an easier way to quickly get further in the list. like click on a letter across the top and be taken to anyone with a

6.0/10
Stefanie S.

Structure

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

Availability to have employee names, titles, depts., and contact info in one spot. On landing page having special events that are happening today is great!

Cons

Not overly robust and doesn't seem very user friendly to click from one section to the next.

Paul B.

Not a Frequent User

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Seeing what others are up to in other offices is a benefit.

Pros

I do like to see what others are up to in the company, but I am not a very frequent user and rarely post anything in any social media. But this particular application seems very good for the company's use.

Cons

I am not completely comfortable with everyone having access to my information.

7.0/10
Regina S.

Easy to use and easy to keep up-to-date with my company

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

I like keeping up with all my coworkers, even the ones I don't interact with daily.

Pros

Provides contact information for everyone enterprise wide. Also gives important dates so you don't forget to recognize and acknowledge your coworkers

Cons

Sometimes logs me out for no apparent reason. Often times badge does not go away even after I have gotten caught up.

Regina S.

Easy to use. Handy tool. Informative.

Reviewed on 2017/12/04

Pros

The ease with which I can find enterprise wide contact info for individuals. Being notified of birthdays. Reading the personality summaries.

Cons

Still not sure how or if I can make my own post on here. Would like a more in-depth tutorial or an online resource that I could access from the app.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

I was initially skeptical because it would be another app on my phone but in the end very happy I downloaded it. Easy to stay in touch with coworkers, especially if you are in different locations!

Pros

Easy way to be connected with co-workers, even in off hours.

Cons

there really isn't anything I have found that I don't like.

A great product!

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

It was very easy to use. I also found the customer support to be second-to-none.

Cons

I honestly don't have many complaints. I guess maybe at the outset it was not immediately obvious how everything works, but after an hour or so poking around I found it pretty easy to pick up.

Mary S.

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

Pros

Ability to look of colleagues' contact information, birthday and anniversary information, etc. Social postings are fun and less distracting over the app than other forums.

Cons

Uneven consistency of notifications (some days it works, others it doesn't).

Structural Review

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/10/29

I think it's fine but it's not something I'm going to log into everyday or really have a huge need for

Pros

I like that you can keep employee data that's not typical for an HRIS system here

Cons

I don't feel the data is that important to a business