Push Operations

Payroll, HR, Scheduling, Time Tracking for small businesses

Brad S.

Using push has saved me at least 10 hours per month with scheduling and payroll services.

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Pros

I love the web interface. It's clear and easy to use and makes running payroll a breeze. Scheduling is incredibly easy and allowing different users separate permissions has helped me a lot in terms of delegating certain tasks to different staff. I have referred many people to push, and I will continue to do so.

Cons

I don't like that the website does not work very well from phone/tablets. I can't approve hours or shift changes unless I'm at a desktop/laptop.
This is quite annoying and I hope that you can fix this issue in the coming months.

Anna H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great software for keeping track of daily activities.

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

It helps the store fun effeciently as possible and presents itself very user friendly.

Pros

It is very easy to use and navigate so that I can teach our newest recruits with no problem.

Cons

The side icons can be a bit confusing as some of the wording is the same.

Rosa M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good software has really improved our payroll processing

Reviewed on 2017/12/20

Pros

The payroll processing is really helpful for my team and has really improved our processes. I appreciate that I can see who else is on vacation when approving requests.

Cons

The entire program could be more intuitive. It is also quite slow to load. I wish there was more option for customization.

Response from Push Operations

Hi Rosa,

Thanks so much for the review! Your comments are very important to us.

Are there are specific modules or areas of the system that you find slow?

I'm curious because our Dev team is currently working on speed optimizations within a few areas and would like to find out if it helps when released.

Kevin T.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Payroll is not longer labour intensive for the accounting department

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

Free up labour intensive data entry and data transfer between various pages / spreadsheets/ programs. Free up time from payroll administrator to look up info for others, as all users have access to the info that they needed without the need to go through payroll department.

Pros

Transparency (managers and staff can check info themselves),
Ease of approval between managers and accounting, and
Smooth workflow from scheduling

Cons

Mobile feature could improve to get close to full experience from the web, especially on the accounting side.

Sherri R.

Everything in one place and at my fingertips!

Reviewed on 2017/12/07

Pros

The program is user friendly, it simplifies everyday tasks, and reduces the risk of error. All the team member info I need is available in one place through reporting that I can customize to my needs.

Cons

A few hiccups in functionality but the team at Push is quick (as in immediate!) to resolve any questions, issues, or concerns.

Suman D.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

You're product is great!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Pros

The platform is easy to use and incredibly intuitive. Restaurants have an incredibly transient workforce so we love systems that are easy to learn quickly.

Part of what I love is the automated features that support calculating labour and completing payroll. It reduced the amount of admin tasks and burden are managers are required to do and makes the entire process streamlined and quick to use.

And of course, the platform is on top of compliance!

Cons

Haven't found anything that I dislike yet!

Response from Push Operations

Hey Suman,

Thanks for the great review! Compliance is our main goal. We will keep making compliance easy for the restaurant industry.
Tianna

Janelle D.

Easy program for both staff and management to use

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

The ability it gives the staff to find their own replacements for shifts. I can post the schedule and if anyone wants to trade or give up a shift, I know that the other person has accepted the change by the shift swap request.

Cons

I have been using the system since April 2017 and have not found anything to complain about. The least liked feature would be the employee request screen that lists all asked for requests. Would be nice to sort by date and hide last years requests.

Debra W.

Push has been fantastic, I have cut the time down on processing my scheduling and payroll

Reviewed on 2017/12/28

Pros

The ease of having my schedule combined with my staff clock in and clock out, and have it communicate with my payroll has saved time and money doing stat count backs, processing ROEs T4s and really just everything.

Cons

The scheduling module still needs work for ease of use, but is a work in progress. Excellent upgrades have been made in the year and a half that we have been using it. I am sure this will continue.

Julie K.

Payroll Software for Restaurants

Reviewed on 2016/12/21

Push Operations is a payroll / scheduling software for restaurants. If you're a restaurant, its a solution you should definitely look into as the features are tailored specifically to your operations.

Pros

The product is tailored to restaurants so there are a lot of features that are baked into the system that are made specifically for my operations.

Cons

The time attendance hardware deposit is $. Waiting for them to launch their time attendance mobile app

Kate R.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

We use the software for payroll, scheduling, and training purposes. It works well however the scheduling functionality could be a little more user friendly. For example, I've worked with other software that allows you to enter the employee's time off requests and then auto-schedule the team. This would be a nice feature

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

If you are inactive for a certain amount of time, the software logs you out automatically. I use the software throughout the day and would prefer if it allowed me to remain logged in

Response from Push Operations

Hi Kate, thank you for the detailed review and feedback. We'd love to see if we can help improve your scheduling experience. When you have time, please contact our support team at [email protected] and we'd love to further assist you. - Trena

Justin C.

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use! Customer service is fantastic.

Cons

Nothing to mention - the product works so well.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Justin,

Thank you for the great review!
- Tianna

Becky J.

Great product

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

The ease and the organization of information for staff and reporting.

Cons

Some of the glitches that occurred from simple user error that impacted payment timing. The service to correct the issue was superb

Response from Push Operations

Hi Becky, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! - Trena

Kristel D.

The push team has been great to work with.

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

Pros

Help improve the accuracy and calculations of our payroll. With the customization that we require, they were able to make it happen and support is great.

Cons

We are a "one-off" user so some of the features we can't use. Would love to have an umbrella view of all stores to help debug a bit quicker, but still overall satisfied with their product.

Wesley M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

From implementation to daily use, Grace our Client Success manager has been incredible. Good...

Reviewed on 2017/12/21

Much simplified and faster payroll process as well as greater oversight and control over labour costs.

Pros

I appreciate the layout of the product, having it in the browser allows for amazing flexibility with multiple windows. The scheduler is good, makes communication between managers and staff a breeze with push messages to phone and/or email.

Cons

The reports could use polish, they are not as intuitive or user friendly as the rest of the program.

Chantal P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

It is amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

It made doing payroll much easier!

Pros

Easy to use, my bookkeeper and accountants love it, and when there is a mistake the people are great.

Cons

I cant think of anything, honestly. I used to do this myself, and what a waste of time! For the cost, this is amazing.

Jo B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Takes away the stresses of payroll

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

The easiest payroll system ever! complimented by an amazing support team. It doesn't get any better than Push Operations for payroll

Pros

this is the easiest payroll system I have ever used! It is easy to maneuver your way around the system and it is so quick to complete. I have never been able to complete payroll faster than this system. This frees me up for getting on with other work. The support team are amazing! They are always so very helpful and courteous

Cons

This is a tough question as it is very hard to find something that I dislike. If I really had to think of something I guess it would be that if I complete an offrun and there has been a stat day, I have to remember to make that calculation and add it to the run

Martin B.

Good Service

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Pros

Easy to use and very convenient. Love the ability to login and adjust hours for our guys

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't capture employees login.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Martin,

Thanks for the great feedback. The system should be catching those employee logins. If you notice this continuing to happen please contact our support team at [email protected] and we can work on fixing that for you.
- Tianna

Tara H.

Time Saving

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

The ease of running payroll with this system saves so much time and stress.

Cons

One very small issue is that when you are creating push messages if it times out your draft is not saved.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your great review of Push Operations.

I think your draft idea is a great one. We have an idea submission page that goes straight to our development team. Here is the link so you can submit your idea to us.

Rebecca H.

PUSH review

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Overall, it's been a great experience that has expedited our payroll adventures at the company. From manual work to streamlining it online, we have increased our capacity to serve our employees and efficiently handling new problems that arise.

Pros

PUSH is easy to navigate once brief overview of the online platform is reviewed. The photo clock in and clock out serves as an efficient and convenient way for employees and employers to match hours to a given schedule as well.

Cons

There are many features and sometimes one function on the top tab must be entered before being able to access a page of interest such as earnings and deductions which could create increased time spent on accessing some functions.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Rebecca, Thanks for the great review! The feedback you offered is great. If you could send more information to [email protected]
- Tianna

Gary K.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Very efficient and scales easily to meet my needs for the organization.

Reviewed on 2018/01/08

Pros

Easy to manage team member information. We have grown our business by 3x over the course of the last 12 months, and this application has made payroll administration manageable.

Cons

Multiple ways to do a few things, and that I have on occasion selected the wrong method to complete a task.

Samantha S.
  • Industry: Market Research

Simple to use and the customer service takes the guess of out what I'm doing.

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

Simplicity overall. Easy to navigate and edit employee information. Very basic interface and it's not difficult to train others on how to use it.

Cons

The lack of information around what-does-what. Always having to reach out for assistance from customer service reps.

Mike P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Review on Push Operations

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

It's been overall very positive.

Pros

Very intuitive, very easy to use. Small business, so they listen to what you need, and if there are any issue

Cons

Customer service can be a bit slow sometimes; but often it's because I want something that added to the program that doesn't already exist.

Response from Push Operations

Hey Mike,

Thanks for the awesome review! We appreciate the honest feedback and we are always working on ways to improve new feature requests.
-Tianna

Clint T.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best thing to come around for the restaurant industry

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Our experience has been excellent very professional ad very helpful!

Pros

Very easy to use and the scheduling made our lives easier!

Cons

There isn't much we don't like! I would like to see if Push could talk to our POS company so our labour reports could work with our system!!

Response from Push Operations

Hi Clint, thank you so much for the kind review. We're so happy to hear that your use of Push has made your life easier! - Trena

Rick K.

Re: Review on Push Operations Payroll Feature

Reviewed on 2019/08/07

I am a one man show and Push Operations' Payroll Feature has enabled me to spend my limited time on being an effective leader focusing on the operations for the furtherance of the company rather than doing daily tasks to stay intact.

Pros

Automated stat pay calculations, clock ins/outs, user empowered communication platform such as staff leaving special requests such as vacation pay, incorrect punch in/out notes, etc.

Cons

I can't really pin point anything at this point but if I had to leave a feedback on its challenges are the development of its mobile apps to feature more wholesome and advanced usability for admin users.

Response from Push Operations

Hello Rick,
So glad we can help make your life easier! We have lots of new mobile features coming down the pipeline to help admins do more away from their desks.
- Tianna

Making Payroll Easy

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

PUSH has afforded us a level of transparency allowing us to drill down and understand exactly where our labour dollars are being spent; by the department, position, employee, and even the hour.
By using PUSH, we have streamlined our payroll processing allowing us to reduce not only the time it takes to run a payroll but also our overall labour costs.

Pros

The software is straight forward and easy to learn. It has allowed us to better match staffing to demand and most importantly, control our labour costs. The support staff are friendly, responsive and very knowledgeable. They intuitively understand hourly labour in the hospitality sector.

Cons

If PUSH could provide product updates faster it would be appreciated as there are a few areas for improvement with the software (i.e. employees cannot view timesheets on the time clock). But we are grateful for the platform they have developed and the support they continue to provide and are confident that their development team will have a solution within a few months.

Response from Push Operations

Hey,
Thanks for the great review! The employee clock ins and clock outs can be seen in the employees Push Scheduler once the hours are approved. We are moving away from time sheets because the changes on the sheets could not be tracked and sending it direct to the employees app gave them a greater line of sight. If you have a special case and have not heard from us yet can you contact [email protected] and we can do our best to make the system work for you.
- Tianna