Jetpack Workflow

Practice & workflow management solution

4,6
4,8

From the sale interaction through today this group is true to their word. Works right out of the box

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Manage an employee group that all work remotely.

Pros

Ease of use. You don't need a manual, or an IT department to make this work. Within hours of purchase we had clients uploaded and were working with the software. Most software of this type tries to do everything including tying your shoes. Jetpack is all about workflow, managing people and jobs.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile interface. However, that would not deter me from purchase. The use on my phone is a bit difficult but better than what I was doing.

David G.
Industry: Accounting

Easy to use and manage the many tasks we have in our office.

Reviewed on 2017/10/28

Easy to manage and use, but also able to add detail to the tasks as you work on them. This software keeps us on task and makes it easy to delegate and track work in our office.

Pros

Its Flexibility and the level of detail we can put in it. It is easy to filter and sort task to see what is open and what needs to be worked on. Also good ways in the software to communicate with others about issues or things that need to be completed.

Cons

The exported time reports are not as easy to sort and filter as I would wish. The e-mail feature is not as robust as I would wish. You cannot embed links in it for instance or create as elaborate a signature block as in regular e-mail.

Response from Jetpack Workflow

Hi David!

Thank you for the review and feedback! These are areas I can certainly pass along to product to review, and appreciate you taking the time to send them over.

Thanks again!

Great Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Great! Love it, no plans on switching.

Pros

Helps us keep track of all jobs with ease, we can see at a glance what stage we are at

Cons

I wish there was an indicator that reflected there was a note under the activity tab. It's nice being able to attach notes to a client rather than just the job but our employees don't think to click on it. This is also a training issue, yes, but an indicator would be nice

Maura W.

I am very happy with JetPack Workflow and highly recommend this product.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Pros

I love the support and training that I received when setting up my system and the continuing support is excellent. I appreciate the quick videos that are available for learning something new, or refreshing my memory. I find this appealing compared to taking a long webinar. I have been using this workflow for almost a year and many additional features have been added already.

Response from Jetpack Workflow

Thank you Maura! We really enjoy working with your firm and thank you for the kind words!

Greg S.

Great Workflow Management Software for Growing Accounting Firms

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Pros

I switched to Jetpack during the tax season after finding my old solution very clunky and difficult to track my work. After spending a half of day setting the software and contacts, I have been able to get complete transparency of my workflows. As I continue to learn the software, i'm continually surprised and impressed by the features given. It is easy to see how Jetpack will be scalable and handle my fast growing firm. I don't see deadlines being missed with Jetpack.

Cons

It seems difficult to navigate at first, but after watching the videos, reading the blogs, and just exploring the software, it was easy to catch on quick.

Response from Jetpack Workflow

So glad that the software fits your needs and you're getting the most out of it! Thanks for leaving a review and for being a Jetpack customer.

Industry: Accounting

Great for my growing accounting practice

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

We have been using Jetpack Workflow for almost a year and we absolutely love it for managing clients, projects, and tasks.

Cons

The main downside to Jetpack Workflow is the lack of a mobile app for the product. I also wish that I could assign emailed tasks to an individual.

Moira M.
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent software for the bookkeeping/accounting industry. I don't miss a deadline.

Reviewed on 2018/04/23

Ensures I don't miss deadlines for government remittances and other time sensitive jobs.

Pros

Cloud based and task oriented which makes my life easier. I was concerned before I started using this program that I would miss deadlines. Would highly recommend.

Cons

Small learning curve at start to ensure setup is correct. Getting acquainted with terms used in the program.

Liam A.

Great product

Reviewed on 2018/02/13

High level view of clients and jobs, resulting in more peace of mind.

Pros

Filter functionality. Easy to create a new task/job. Great for a high level review of jobs that need to be completed. Easy to do bulk changes and create a job and assign to multiple clients.

Cons

Jetpack is a bit expensive for us, but in line similar products. Mobile app would be a great add-on.

Audree A.

great time tracking tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Pros

ability to track current project status and assign tasks to coworkers

Cons

constant emails that do not reflect total completed tasks, only shows overdue items

Douglas M.

This package is extremely easy to use, which means that I do a better job of keeping it up-to-date.

Reviewed on 2017/10/31

It quickly shows me which projects are due today, this week, and this month. I use it to track all my tax clients from gathering information to billing. It is very easy to set up the one-off jobs so that they don't get lost in the shuffle.

Pros

1. I like that jobs can be quickly created within the platform. It makes it easier to set up those "one-off" jobs like tax notices or whatever.

2. I also like that you can set up a job from your email by forwarding the email to JetPack.

3. The developers listen to the users and make appropriate changes to the platform. I have made a couple of suggestions, and both were incorporated into the program.

Cons

This is my fault. I don't always get my billing out timely, and I use JetPack to help remind me which jobs need to be billed by using a label. As a result, all of those jobs will show up under my "overdue" list. This can make it a bit cumbersome to find the real work that is overdue.

Response from Jetpack Workflow

Hi Douglas!

Thank you for the kind words - we really enjoy working with your firm and appreciate the note!

Genevieve D.
Industry: Accounting

Easy to use!! Never miss a deadline!

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Pros

One of the reasons I purchased the product was because I wanted to be able to break down each job by tasks (steps). I wasn't able to do that with the previous software I was using. We have step by step instructions on how to prepare and file remittances and how to do each of our bookkeeping clients files... I always know what my team is working on by reviewing the Dashboard each day. It's super easy to get around and use.

Cons

The only issue I have with this product is not seeing a period end date. Previous software we were using would show period end date as well as due date because they aren't always the same date. This is important for when we setup our fiscal year end jobs for each client. If the year-end is Nov 30th, it's not due Nov 30th. In our office we have to show the due date as 2 months after the actual year end for due date to be sent to the accountant. I would love to see each month who actually has a year end ending this month but it's not actually due until 2 months from now. End date and due date would be wonderful to see.

That is my only complaint... that and it's getting more expensive each employee I add. That's one big bill to pay at the end of December all at once. I'd prefer either a monthly payment or to pay at a different time of year, not December.

Diane D.

pleasant

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Pros

Price, training video's, support, cloud and internet based, access

Cons

at times, I need to review the input and it might not seem as intuitive as I think.
I would like to be able to adjust the column width and add additional colums

Response from Jetpack Workflow

Thank you for the kind words Diane, we really appreciate your review and feedback!

Best

Caitlin B.

Firm/Life/Sanity Saver!

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Have loved my overall experience! We are a small (3 person) firm, and I am no IT guru. I found the setup to be very user friend and the support of the software has been wonderful.

Pros

I love the functionality, I love the way it looks. So many accounting softwares are incredibly boring to look at. Jetpack is a breathe of fresh air in that area. I love Task dependencies and the fact that the tasks will flow to the next person in the process automatically. My husband and I regularly work in different locations, so it is becoming a huge life and time saver as far as communicating the progress on any particular job without having to spend time having a meeting to talk abut what is going on for the week, I can just refer him to Jetpack!

Cons

Don't have much in the con area yet, except maybe how my husband ignores his training and asks me 4839028439024803 questions, but that's not your problem haha!

Industry: Accounting

This software keeps our team super organized

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

Pros

I love how easy it is to track jobs and set up tasks. It keeps our team so organized and we rarely forget to do a task.

Cons

You have to be super proactive in setting up jobs in order to keep track of them. It's great once the job is in there, but not so great when you forget to set up the job.

Gary G.

One of the best pieces of software I have used - intuitive, well-designed and almost reads my mind.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

The developers understand this niche market of the tax and accounting profession. It shows with every step.

Cons

Lack of ability to aggregate time from multiple sessions of the same job. Other than that, no least likes.

Dave F.

Great Workflow // Project Management for Service Professionals

Reviewed on 2014/07/25

If you're an accounting firm, or bookkeeping firm, this tool could be a great fit.
The service is exceptional, and the Founder actually implements the feedback.
The downside is that it does not currently integrate with the software we use,
but he mentioned that that is on their product roadmap.

Response from Jetpack Workflow

Thank you for the kind words! If you have any questions about integrations, feel free to email us directly at [email protected] or visit jetpackworkflow.com --
Thanks!

Christine R.

Great Practice Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

Jetpack Workflow is a tremendous piece of software! They have been very responsive with any and all our questions. We were able to quickly set the software up and train our staff. It is easy to use and the company has continued to follow up with us regularly to make sure we are happy with the product and to see if we have any questions. Their pricing is upfront and very affordable. No surprises! They also send us regular tips and tricks to get the most out of our software. It has been a great experience. Nice to see a company that does what it says and keeps its promises!!!

Pros

Jetpack allows us to keep on top of all our deadlines. The software is easy to use, easy to set up and customer service is top of the line!

Cons

I would like the ability to access Jetpack through an app on my cellphone, but that is a minor inconvenience.

Response from Jetpack Workflow

Hi Christine,

Thanks for the kind words! We are so happy you're part of the Jetpack Workflow family and getting so much value from our software!

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Jetpack Makes our Accounting Department's life easier

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Jetpack allows us to get our time and billable hours invoices properly set up and organized so we can save money and time, while improving customer interactions.

Pros

I was on the team that selected and implemented Jetpack. We have many clients that funnel finances into a central repository, so Jetpack was necessary to be able to quickly "copy and paste" numerous workflows together to make a seamless process. We use the time/tracker feature daily to integrate with our billable hours qualifications and calculations.

Cons

Some of the User Interface and interactions could be improved, but naturally comes pretty standard with back-end accounting frameworks. The features of the product are more important that the looks, fortunately.

Response from Jetpack Workflow

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Jetpack Workflow. Your feedback is important and I have shared it with our product team already!

Candi H.

Improves our business efficiency

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Pros

Jetpack has changed the way we do business. We are more efficient, never miss deadlines and look like superheroes to our clients because we are able to reach out to them and remind them of upcoming deadlines! This has allowed our business to grow and at the same time be more productive. Love it!

Cons

We would love to be able to see Archived jobs attached to client files, but I'm sure that is coming in the future.

Emily B.
Company size: Self Employed

You need this software to grow your business

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

I love Jetpack Workflow. I can't imagine running my business without it. They have a fantastic product and incredibly friendly and helpful staff.

Pros

It allows me to rid my brain of thoughts and not forget anything. It keeps me organized and as I grow, saves me time in training and tracking my remote employees. I have a lot of recurring tasks and I like that I can set it once and then it's just automatic. It also lets me plan ahead. In the dashboard I can see what I need to work on for that day, that week, that month and helps me give better estimates to clients on when I can have something done for them. Jetpack Workflow is my key to growing a successful scaleable business.

Cons

There has only been one issue I've had, which was for my bookkeeping clients I don't tend to wait on them for anything and I can start the project as soon as the month ends. I wish there was a way to automatically set the "date in" feature. The staff though, have helped me with a work around and same with other problems I've encounter. Most of the time, the "work around" is actually just a better way of doing it than what I had been thinking.

Response from Jetpack Workflow

Hi Emily

I really appreciate the feedback and support! Ill be sure to pass along the kind words to our team as well :)

Thank you!

Wendy W.
Industry: Accounting

Switched from another workflow - even with impending tax season. So glad we did!

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Absolute productivity.

Pros

Ease of use. Ease of everything. We implemented in January (crazy, right?). We weighed the pros and cons of switching from our other workflow and honestly, switching, importing clients, tasks, etc. was all much, much easier than fighting with the other workflow for another day. We use the labels for quick views of what's due. We use the templates (extremely easy to modify) as soon as a client walks through the door. We especially like the "little things" like sorting not only by due date but by date received so that 1040's truly are on a first-come-first-served basis. With the colored labels, we know at a glance who is ready for work and who we're waiting for so not a lot of wasted time looking for what to do next. There is honestly no hassle at all. Staff was functional within minutes, fully trained within a few hours. We saw productivity gains immediately.

Daniel L.

Customer Service is outstanding

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Pros

The Software is easy to use, and it has a very simplistic overall view of the overall look of an organization on the home screen. Customer Support is second to none, they are very responsive, knowledgeable of the software and want to be apart of your team.

Cons

Wish there were some more flexibility within the task dependencies. Instead of just a due date, it would be nice if you could build job dependencies off of other jobs being completed.

Jeffrey W.

Helps keep us organized so we don't miss things

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

It's a very good program to help our firm stay on top of our work and make sure we don't miss anything. Also, very easy for multiple users to collaborate on projects and jobs.

Cons

One thing that I would really love is if when you email a task to a client the document attached to that job would email over with it. You can email a link of the document right now, which is a work around that works, but not as convenient as it could be.

Mike H.
Industry: Accounting

Excellent solution for the right size firm

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

Our firm grew to the point where we needed a workflow management system, but the workflow solution I had used previously (Practice CS) was too heavy and expensive. Jetpack was/is a great solution, allowing us to keep a closer eye on our capacity utilization and time spent on projects. I wish there was a mobile app and I wish we could extract some more specialized reports, but these are small items that don't detract from an overall excellent product. I would highly recommend for any firm around the same size as us (3 senior accountants and 3 bookkeepers).

Pros

Very easy to use with a short learning curve, seems to scale nicely, and generates good reports.

Cons

Some features could be improved and I wish there was a mobile app, but there's nothing crucial.

Response from Jetpack Workflow

Hi Mike!

Thank you for the kind words and we really love working with your firm.

Ranae H.

We used it for a year and then stopped

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

We used JetPack for a year and then moved on to the next task management system.

I found that it was easy to enter in tasks and make them recurring. Plus with the reports, we could filter by name of task, due date, etc.

We did have an issue with tasks randomly disappearing, though, which was really scary and made us lose some trust in the system.

The support team was very helpful and I contacted the fairly frequently through chat and over the phone.

We ended up moving on to Karbon because of the email integration, but overall my experience with JetPack was actually pretty good.

It's geared toward bookkeepers, and I really liked that because things were already ready for us.