Showing 41 reviews of 31

Showing 41 reviews of 31
Chase G.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

AWW is a simple-to-use web-based collaborative whiteboard space.

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

A web-based collaborative space. I can easily (and quickly) communicate with people outside of my company. As an engineer, I often have to communicate with drawings and sketches. This whiteboard is like having a meeting in person in a conference room with whiteboard, except that we don't have to travel miles and miles to get to one another. And after the meeting, you can save a PDF so you don't lose all of the information you worked on.

Pros

The whiteboard is easy to use. It has lots of tools and functionality. You can select from different colors and pen styles to make your drawings easier to understand. You can also add in shapes like rectangles and circles to make your drawings a little cleaner to read. Text boxes and Post-Its also make for a clean yet versatile whiteboard environment. You can also upload images, multi-page PDFs, and PPTs so you can discuss images or documents that have been created in advance.

The boards are easy to use. I find it helpful for collaborating with people outside of my company/organization because they don't have to have an account. AWW offers a Premium tier, but you don't have to have one in order to use the software. They also have a VOIP feature in case you are trying to hold a conference call with voice audio.

Cons

Some other competitors have templates so that you can quickly get an outline developed (like a timeline or another form of visual planning). Navigation in the board can be a little counter-intuitive at times. I believe it was intended to be used with touchscreens like tablets and "smart boards". I have a background in engineering and drafting so I naturally try to pan using the middle button, but doing so does nothing in the whiteboard. In order to pan, you either have to zoom in/out to get where you are going, or you have to click the hand in the top right and then you can move around.

Alejandro A.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Simple and useful

Reviewed on 2021/01/26

Awwapp is a teaching tool that lets you visually teach users how to use your app, website or other digital product. A virtual whiteboard for use in meetings, seminars, and lectures.

Pros

Virtual whiteboard. You can draw on it, take pictures of it, save it and share it in your class. It's free, super easy to use and it's for everybody. With Awwapp, you can: - Draw and edit in the browser - Take pictures - Record video - Share your creation with others - Save it and share it (video, images, text or all of them) - Share your creations as a link, a shortlink or by copy-pasting the content - Collaborate in real-time with your students or colleagues - Engage your students and boost your teaching and communication skills - Use your creations as inspiration for your lessons - Incorporate Awwapp in your teaching method - Engage students in real time - Teach English to foreigners - Use Awwapp in the classroom - Use Awwapp for brainstorming . An amazing tool

Cons

I would like that this app was capable of embed webpages. That would really make it perfect. Besides that, I don't think is anything wrong with it. Maybe if the ability to save the board is open to the free version. At least 3 boards. Then for unlimited you can charge it

Souhil S.
  • Industry: Design

The Best Whiteboard Online Tool

Reviewed on 2020/12/11

I saved a lot of time using the AWW App because I don't need to waste my time looking for an online whiteboarding tool to draw and write my ideas.
and It helped me to explain my ideas and my projects to other people in real-time and with many useful features I do everything I want with simple clicks.

Pros

It allows me to put my ideas into action because I just go to the AWW App website and start writing and drawing what I have in my mind.
I can create easy projects and I can remove or add anything and I can change the colors the pen size, go forward and backward, add another board...etc.
I can invite anyone to join me and start drawing together and I can see what they are doing in real-time.
It's very useful because when I do a video meeting and I want to explain something I just go to the website and start drawing and it works great with Skype and Zoom Meeting.
I love all the features the app has especially the elements like drawing a line or an arrow and also, they have different pens, shapes, of different sizes.
I can upload images, docs, PowerPoint files, and PDF files too, and I can use them on the whiteboard.
It's very easy to use with an excellent and clean user interface and I guess everyone can use it.
It's the best in the market right now and I will recommend it for everyone who's looking for something to use to draw and write ideas or use as an educational tool or just to draw stuff online. it's perfect for everyone.

Cons

The thing I hope they will improve in the future is the drawing speed because sometimes I can't get it right especially when I draw a number or a letter.
Hope they can have an android app for phone and tablets too.
I hope they will have Windows or Mac software because I need an internet connection to use it.

David L.

I use AWW app for online tutoring

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Having this software allows me to conduct online tutoring easily from my home or office.

Pros

I use the free application, which works perfectly for my needs. I'm able to share the whiteboard with the student I'm working with and we can both write on the screen. It's almost as if we are sitting right next to each other.

Cons

Sometimes the screen will not load immediately or it will not recognize my stylus. This may be because we're using the free version.

Great Tutoring Tool

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

While being an online tutor presents a host of challenges, most of them are solved with WhiteBoard. The collaboration tool allows both parties to write/draw/etc real time. Combined with an audio feed. The only missing component is face to face. Great tool.

Cons

There isn't too much negative I can say about this tool. It's simple, easy to understand, and powerful.

Matthew H.

Aww was a good whiteboard, we needed something a little more malleable and robust

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

I have recommended this product to individuals, but not yet organisations. I think it works well when there is already a relationship established between the two users.

Pros

The product was affordable with nice pricing structures (isntead of per minute etc which is the norm), It was easy to integrate and had lots of features we required

Cons

We struggled with the audio. It wasn't reliable enough when we had two users using it and because there was no camera we found users would struggle with the audio and give up. Furthermore it was difficult to customise.

Response from A Web Whiteboard

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for you feedback - it means a lot to us,
We are aware of the issues we're still having with audio. It works fine on the majority of devices and browsers, but it doesn't work on Safari and iPads. However, we'll keep on striving to improve the overall quality of the product.

If you have any other suggestions or feedback, I'll be happy to hear it.

Megan N.

Great product, great customer service

Reviewed on 2020/04/01

I'll say first that the customer service is outstanding. I received an email after my free trial expired, and when I reached out to the company and said that given the current state of things (schools exclusively providing home-based learning for their students) I felt it would be appropriate for AWW app to offer their product to educators for free for the remainder of the school year. I received a response almost immediately from a member of the AWW support team, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], stating that she had upgraded my account to premium status free of charge for the next 90 days, which will more than cover the remainder of the school year. This was an unexpected and very refreshing surprise. As an educator, I am often expected to cover many expenses for my classroom (sometimes thousands of dollars per school year) on supplies, enrichment products, etc. For AWW to extend this free subscription to me in light of current events was a welcome but very unexpected gift. Thank you to AWW and to[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] specifically for doing this.

Pros

Having tried switching to a different online whiteboard app, I can honestly say the AWW app is a vastly superior product in many ways. First, it is very user-friendly: the tools on the app are easy to use and I was able to easily navigate the tools and intuit their purpose. Second, it creates attractive, visually appealing boards: the graphs, charts and visuals I have created using the app really enhance my students' learning and bring a lesson to life. Last, it is compatible with my system of e-learning I am currently doing with my students: recording lessons on Google Classroom and using the AWW app as a way of creating visuals for my students, specifically in the subject area of Math.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the software itself! It is a great product.

Limited features, bad support

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Overall, if you just want a simple whiteboard, you can use it. But if you are looking to integrate it into your own environment using API's, this might not be the right fit. Do not expect timely support from the developers.

Pros

The only thing that I like about this product is the clean interface.

Cons

I wanted to use API of the app. I signed up for a trial account and I was asked to pay, because the trial account did not have API access. I got the paid subscription but the API never worked correctly. There was no support available. They take days to respond to your support request and will never appear on a phone call, even if you are a paid customer. We just ended up on an answered email thread for days and decided to switch to some other product.

Mark S.

Handy for presentations

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Great. Very straightforward to use and most of all - convenient.
Just what an app should be ... make your life easier.

Pros

It's quick and you can get right to it.
Use it live for a video overview of something and to get your thoughts presented in a clear and engaging way. People relate to simple writing and drawing.
It's got all the features needed to do what needs to be done.

Cons

Maybe a teeny laggy at times. Not much, just at times.
An interface change would be kind of nice to see since it's more enjoyable to use UI that are really cool. But that's just preference and being picky

Robert S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Blackboard for teamwork.

Reviewed on 2019/05/04

Pros

Excellent online blackboard with which I can do in the company to make creations in the team, since it allows the collaborative work, the creations I can save it or share it through URL link or by email.
The platform offers me templates that help you create any informative material (diagrams or mental maps) and also allows me to add forms, drawings or upload files in different formats (ppt, pdf, jpg)
It offers an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.

Cons

It is online so it requires internet connection and the free versions is only 14 days.

Miriam W.

Excellent tool for online teaching!

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

Great teaching tool: Works great for online one-on-one teaching! My student loves it ;
Simple interface: My student loves to annotate using the colorful drawing tools

Cons

Functionality: It's too easy to move things the wrong way with the selection cursor instead of moving the "view"

Sukrit V.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I have found it extremely useful for teaching students over the last 3 years.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

It is a lovely teaching tool. Far simpler to use than any other whiteboard available on the market. And I have tried quite a few.

Pros

The software is easy to use and share. It works beautifully for teaching.

Multi colored pens allow you to highlight messages you want to give easily.

You can also assign a pen to an individual so that individual contributions can be noted. It is now possible to save a whiteboard and retrieve as well.

Cons

There are a couple of things that could be improved on.

First of all, the one major irritant is the inability to scroll down in case you require more than one screen's worth of drawing / writing etc.

Secondly, I find that everybody does not seem to have the same coordinates. I have often found a student of mine writing something at the top of his screen but is invisible on mine. I have had to give him some point on his screen below which he should write.

Occasionally (not recently though), the shared board would just stop updating.

Having said all this, it still remains my personal favorite as a teaching tool.

Response from A Web Whiteboard

Hi Sukrit,

Thanks for your positive feedback- it means a lot to us.

You said you would like to have a scroll feature - and we do have one. It is a hand tool on the right side of the interface. You can scroll in every direction on the board so you can easily find drawings that are not in your screen area.

Hope this helps.

Dora

Pedro P.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 2019/02/13

Marina K.

great teaching tool

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

I was able to teach with ease without extra steps. I like that I can use any messenger or online classroom available and don't have to switch to use this app.

Pros

I tutor online and use this app a lot with all my students. 5love the ability to work together on the same board. Whether I explain something or my student solves a problem, we can always go and ask questions about different steps, we can mark what was unclear and it helps with discussion a lot.

Cons

It would help me if I could choose a graph paper background or had and ability use other math tools, such as typing formulas or use a protractor to measure angles.

Response from A Web Whiteboard

Hi Marina,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

We are planning to add graph paper background and I'll be happy to let you know once we do.

If you have any further suggestions, please let me know.

Sarah abigail O.

Efficient

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

I like that I can share it with my students. That way they can interact with me and share what they have to share. Its fun and entertaining too.

Cons

It loads slow sometimes. It doesn't connect to the shared party. They can't see what I'm drawing sometimes.

Response from A Web Whiteboard

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your review - it means a lot to us.

I would like to know more about the issues you have experienced with syncing board content with the other party. Is the problem still happening? Do you have a link to the board I can share with my technical team so they check it out?

All best

Divya A.

it would have been better if there has been an option to type on the board instead or both

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Pros

The option to share and the counter party to write which is not in other boards. It's good in that sense.

Cons

I explained it in the first answer. But the scrolling part is not very comfortable. It sometimes is fine at my end but enlarged at the other end.

Response from A Web Whiteboard

Hi Divya,

Thanks for your review, it means a lot to us.

I would like to know more about the things you didn't like. You said you would like to have a typing option. We do have a typing option on board. It is the tool with the letters Aa.
Also can you explain a bit more what did you mean by scrolling part? Did you mean moving on board or zooming in and out? Both moving and zooming on board is not synced with other board members. They can zoom and move their boards as they like, not affecting your board, and vice versa.

I would much appreciate your answers - they would help us build better AWW for you.

Aman D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Aww app is a great white board application that can easily be used to conduct sessions with...

Reviewed on 2019/03/17

Pros

I was introduced to this application by a parent to try out online tutoring session. I must say I was impressed with the super ease use of the application to conduct the session. The data transmission in the form of changes on my screen was fast.

Cons

I used the free version of the application. I would like the software to include templates dedicated to the type of user and his/her use of the application. Such as a tutorial session to include quick tips, search tools, mathematical aids such as compass, calculators, protractor etc.

Masoud T.

Good enough but can be better

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

It helped me to have online classes from other parts of the world. And it is definitely one of the bests but it can improve.

Pros

I tried it first for one of my online classes and it was satisfying. I have tried a lot of other ones but this one is the best so far.

Cons

It does not have palm rejection that is a major problem. And customer service is not the best. I asked them a question and they did not answer. They can also add more functions and figures to that.

Jasmin C.

AwwApp is great for digital note taking in the classroom, especially with ppt annotation....

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

digital note taking and collaborating tools for classroom use.

Pros

It provides expandable whiteboard space for students to take note and collaborate in problem solve. The app also comes with many desirable features and functions for stylus user.

Cons

It is somehow difficult for the students to write beautifully in penmanship and to highlight clean. The ppt image gets erase when student was simply erasing their writing marks.

Kirstie B.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Great tool!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

I love that it is collaborative and you can all draw and work together in realtime!

Cons

I hate that the connection gets lost many times and we end up not being able to see the same thing that the other folks using the same board are seeing,

Daniel M.

Used to be quite limited but tried again recently and working excellently.

Reviewed on 2017/11/17

Free, useful whiteboard aid for my tutoring classes. Communication with colleagues. Fun activity for children.

Pros

Zoom and drag with large pages facilitates dynamic lessons excellently. Good choice of pens and colours.

Cons

No emoticons, smiley faces etc. Useful for teaching young students. Can get slow when lots of writing on screen, difficult to move sections of text to include some in middle