Showing 73 reviews of 62

Personality & Competency Pre-Employment Testing Resources

Showing 73 reviews of 62
Rick O.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The Hire Talent is part of our hiring process. Their % chance of success predictor is...

Reviewed on 2018/03/28

We use their software assessments to assist in hiring decisions. We have learned the hard way when we don't follow our benchmarks it can come back to haunt us.

Pros

It helps us make solid hiring decisions. We have a minimum benchmark score for applicants. We can also consider areas of importance such as attention to detail, and whether the applicant is more suited to a customer facing role or a technical role.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but the support is always there to help interpret the results. I do highly recommend.

Response from The Hire Talent

Rick,
So glad to hear you've found the tools so useful in helping you make better hires over the years. Thank you for the wonderful review!

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A very powerful hiring tool that suits our business & mission perfectly.

Reviewed on 2018/07/02

Pros

It becomes very clear that The Hire Talent has some incredibly powerful features, right away. The results have become increasingly accurate & we're able to accommodate to our candidates
better than ever before.

Cons

We knew The Hire Talent was right for us but we were initially concerned with the cost & customer support. Well, we're glad we reached out because we learned it's very affordable & customer service is phenomenal.

Response from The Hire Talent

Thank you so much for your amazing review of our service and product! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

Nick K.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Uncertainty

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

We were using the Hire Talent for assessments but have drifted away from it because of so many mixed results.

Pros

I like the information that the assessment should be able to provide.

Cons

I do not have faith in the software's actual validity and the confirmation of it's findings/reviews.

Response from The Hire Talent

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm sorry your results didn't meet your expectations. It's an uncommon instance and I would love to hear more details on the results of the assessments you used. Feel free to contact us at [email protected], or our number during business hours (833)332-8378

Samuel B.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

A Great Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

My experience has been outstanding. In every aspect, I am provided with good service. If I have a question, it is answered promptly and thoroughly. I feel as though I have a ready consultant on my shoulder ready to assist and discuss with me any difficult choices that result from the results of the testing. They have this area nailed, and I am very satisfied and content with the system.

Pros

I like the ability to screed in the right person for the job

I like the ease of use

I like the customer service

Cons

No Cons to report. I really like the value that I get from using all aspects of this service.

Response from The Hire Talent

Hi Sam,

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. We strive to check all these boxes for our clients, so it's really nice to hear that you've been happy with the product and our services since becoming a customer :)

Great product!

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Results from the Hire Talent have helped us to improve our questions for applicants. Also, when we do hire employees, we know what their strengths and weaknesses are and can tailor our training for them. This software helps us to select better employees.

Pros

It really does give a fantastic overview of a prospective employee's aptitude and abilities. The results are mostly understandable. In times where you are not sure of the results, customer service is available to help.

Cons

The Word & Excel tests are a few versions behind what everyone is using. Candidates also complained about being able to complete the Word & Excel assessments.

Lisa R.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great Applicant Screening Tool

Reviewed on 2018/08/31

The service is easy to use, tests are affordable, test results are in my inbox almost immediately, and customer service has been responsive.

Pros

We have used the Detail Skills test to screen applicants for our medical front desk position. It is a very good measure of attention to detail-quite difficult for many people, as it turns out. A high score on the test has meant a good fit for us. Some of our applicants have complained that the instructions for taking the test were misleading and hard to follow-that too has been a helpful part of our screening process. If they can't follow the instructions, they aren't likely to succeed in the job.

Cons

The online customer portal was still in development last time I logged on-I wasn't able to find past test results. It's not a big problem, because all results have been emailed anyway.

Brandon B.

Great tools for great results

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

Pros

This really helps when evaluating candidates . In the past I was flying blindly when it came to recruitment. Without any incite it is very hard to create unique questions to dig more into someone's experience and unique skillsets. These tools really helped me prepare for interviews and get to know candidates better

Cons

It takes a little time and practice to get it all down but it is well worth it

Destinee H.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Stephanie is always on point with anything I need and the tests have helped us immensely.

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

The ability to determine a candidates ability to perform certain job duties prior to hiring them. The tests allow me to determine if I want to bring a candidate back for a second interview.

Cons

Some of the pricing for certain tests seems to be a little steep in my personal opinion, but otherwise nothing.

Response from The Hire Talent

Thanks for your wonderful review, Destinee. We're glad to hear that you've found the tools helpful in your hiring process.

Susan J.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

We found excellent candidates through their analysis process. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

Pros

What I like most is the results that we have gotten. The tests provide excellent insight into a candidates fit

Cons

Like all tests the results can be skewed by the honesty of answering the question. The honesty rating does help

Scott S.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Helpful insight into potential candidates for hire

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

It's easy to use and helps me get a better picture of who the candidate is before I decide to hire them.

Response from The Hire Talent

Thanks Scott for the review! Glad to hear the assessments have been helpful for you.

Ka yong W.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

General Review: The Hire Talent

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Great customer service and technical support, I've always had my queries thoroughly answered in a timely manner.

Pros

Simplicity of software, technical/service support

Cons

Nuances in the software (specifically for the Call Center Simulation Test) weren't captured or clear in the instructions. Unclear on-boarding process: back-end/client portal login, vs. customer-facing/test portal.

Kayla N.

Interesting and productive

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

Professional and simple to grasp, no wasting time
No issues navigating screen to screen, friendly color scheme
CEO is happy to invest, therefore I am ready to launch and use this site

Cons

new and not really that acquainted
prefer to have client/applicants sign in and share feedback as they primarily will be the end results

Roger J.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Best recruiting firm hands down!

Reviewed on 2018/03/30

Pros

Extremely thorough team that takes there time to learn about your company and your needs. The interview and screening process is meticulous and the testing results they provide truly help you decide on the best candidates. I HIGHLY recommend this firm!

Cons

No Cons.. they are amazing and the price is very fair. We've tried alot of firms and this crew is by far the best.

Response from The Hire Talent

Thanks for the 5-star review, Roger! Working with you guys has been pretty great too!

Danielle H.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Value for the Price

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

The Hire Talent assessment tools have helped us to determine the skill levels of our clerical/administrative candidates. It helps us to determine if their skills are where we need them to be before hiring them, which saves us time and cost in training those whose skill level may not be as strong as presented. The minimal cost for the assessment is nothing compared to the cost of hiring someone only to find out they are not as proficient as you had been lead to believe.

Pros

The customer service is very responsive and helpful. They helped us to find just the right pre-employment screening tools that we needed for our situation. The implementation was extremely fast and easy, and the price is perfect for an organization on a tight budget like we are.

Cons

I would like it if there was a link where I could see our billing information online.

Additionally, I have noticed that some of the items being screened for could be up to the users interpretation. For example, in the proofreading assessment they are looking for some things to be capitalized that in some circumstances might not be. One specific example is that the words "call center" could be a specific location name needing to be capitalized or just a general place that do not. Because of this, I review each specific question missed when reviewing a candidate's results.

Alex P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

The Hire Talent Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Overall the eperience has been Great.

Pros

Over I find out the software very useful due to the fact of having a hands on practice since an interview day, this helps us have lots more vision in regards to the type of profiles received and also guides us through decision making.

Cons

There is situations in which the page gets frozen and we have to start all over.

Gary P.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Critical Piece to Hiring and Retention

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

We as recruiters still need to hire our own employees. Without this software we wouldn't be able to make an informed decision based on key metrics that we need from our people here. This is an integral piece of hiring process and I don't know what we would do without.

Cons

There is no negative to this software, only positive.

Amanda S.

Excellent Insights on Candidates

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Pros

Assessments are accurate and helpful, provide valuable insights into candidates. Really appreciate the correlative reporting for successful/unsuccessful team members, historically.

Cons

Assessments are lengthy - doesn't make the a great candidate experience.

Soo L.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Some assessment takers get confused with logging in and finishing the assessment (the final...

Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Pros

The else and look of the assessments. The assessments questions are prompted and also at the bottom right corner so that assessment takers know where to look for the original question.

Cons

Too many steps to before taking the assessment (setting the assessment taker's information and stuff).

John H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Extremely useful tool for staffing!

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Pros

I really appreciate the ease of use. I feel that other product are so clunky and make me dread using them. Not so with this program.

Response from The Hire Talent

Hi John,
Glad to hear you're appreciating the ease of use our testing program offers. Thank you for the excellent review!

Lisa M.

The software helps us to determine whom to hire and not to hire.

Reviewed on 2017/11/16

Pros

Able to evaluate a person before hiring them. The software has really helped us. We are able to review in a group and get everyone's opinion.

Cons

Maybe not making the assessments so long to take, make them a little shorter in time. Other then this there is no cons with the software.

Response from The Hire Talent

Lisa, thank you for your 5-star review! We're glad to hear that the assessments have been helpful in your hiring process.