Promo.com

The Leading Online Video Creation Platform for Businesses

John L.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The best I've found so far

Reviewed on 2020/11/12

I am a social media manager for a florists conglomerate, and I run all the company's social media platforms, plus the ones from nine franchisees, I need to keep it consistent and at one voice, but time is always my enemy, even if Promo is a service leaning toward promotional videos for paid advertising I am able to adapt it for normal everyday posting by making the videos longer (amazing feature), or uploading my own material.
It's easy to use, it's fast, and the results are really good. I also love the fact of being able to choose from a large pool of different soundtracks if I so wish.

Pros

It's effortless to use even if one has no experience with video editing.
The video templates are beautiful, even the free ones, which is a huge upgrade comparing to their competition; as usual with other competitors, the free videos are of low quality.
The time it saves is of the essence.

Cons

Can be a little tricky in certain features, specifically on how to remove sound or only keep the sound of your uploaded video, but the support chatbot is very efficient and clear in their instructions.

Richard R.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

1 click video editing and publishing tool for social media marketing.

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

I decided to recommend this software to be used by our marketing team, we were looking for a solution to create and promote video advertising across our social media platforms. I was able to signup and begin using promo.com immediately with little or no training necessary, in less than 1 hour I was able to produce high quality video advertising clips that were being distributed to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Promo.com is cloud based, cutting edge video editing and publishing.

Pros

Promo.com is very user friendly, I like the features that allow you to publish directly to your social media outlets. This is great software for marketing teams to use across the board. I love the product support and customer service, I highly recommend this software for anyone looking to grow their social media presence and who needs a tool to create engaging video content.

Cons

Promo.com is so good it has nothing bad about it.

Renee P.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

FABULOUS software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

We are using the software for our inbound marketing initiatives to achieve lead gen and drive traffic to our website. We will also use videos in drip campaigns and our sales guys will use them in demo situations. In my first 24 hours of use, I had two questions which were expertly handled by the 24/7 chat reps. I could not have been more pleased. A really pleasant surprise.

Pros

super easy to use, very intuitive UX, and great automation
phenomenal value for the cost
customer service is responsive, swift, knowledgeable, and actually gets the question answered
the library is incredible: unrivaled
having licensed music available is a huge perk

Cons

it would be great to have music on a timeline slider like the clips and captions, to accommodate musical transitions within a single video
if you have to add in a new video clip, the software currently requires manual shifting of all the captions to get them back in alignment, which can be time-consuming if your video is long

Syed R.

'A dynamic platform to create your dream content'

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

As I stated, I like to use this tool so, my overall experience with Promo.com is wonderful. This tool makes my job super easy.

Pros

I am using this tool for a long time and I really enjoy working with Promo.com. This is an amazing resource that allows you to create wonderful videos even if you have a small budget. They have a lot of the latest features and functions which is totally helpful to be creative with your editing. Promo.com has a massive collection of video clips that are really wonderful. I would say promo.com is a great tool and with it you can smoothly customize your content, logo, post, greetings wish, social media ads, and more. I like to use huge collections of templates.

Cons

I use this tool regularly and I create a lot of content but sometimes I observed that glitches occurred with my content. Which was really disappointing. I think they sould work on this.

Fiona S.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

A little bit of magic

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

There is no doubt that video is the way forward. The interaction and level of engagement with our more personal posts as a business, especially those using video, is clear. We have had a slightly halting start, due to the unavailability of key staff to work with the software having taken out a subscription, so several account pauses were required. These were handled efficiently, with understanding and accommodated our small business issues which prevented us using the service for a period of time. Customer support is some of the best we have ever come across, almost instant response, no need to explain previous interactions as they seem always to be on top of things. Really grateful they make it so easy.

Pros

It is incredibly user-friendly, requiring very little technical knowledge. The sheer range of options is amazing, with a wide range of templates and an endless array of choice. Despite the fact that other companies may use some of the same templates, the personalisation options are such that one is very likely to end up with exactly the same promotional video as someone else.

Cons

To date I have had no technical glitches, and the software has worked seamlessly on my Mac. The only thing that is sometimes a little overwhelming, is the sheer amount of options and as the site has added increased options and functionality it naturally becomes a little more of a complex process. Working with it regularly takes away any confusion.

Alex T.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Awesome !

Reviewed on 2019/10/26

Nice

Pros

So many choices, I like to surf on videos, imaginating the music and message to add

Cons

Price ! some packages as in 2016 will be better for little companies in order to buy only 10 and + 10 videos

Eija H.

Easy to use and great customer support

Reviewed on 2020/10/12

Surprisingly good software for making short marketing videos.

Pros

It's really easy to use, the video library is versatile and high quality and 24/7 customer support is top notch. I have no previous experience with making marketing videos but with Promo everything is easy and fast.

Cons

I have experienced some technical issues with the software (minor problems with publishing the videos etc) but all problems have been sorted out by the excellent customer service.

Isabella D.

Simplicistic, Elegant, & a Staff Who is Beyond Exceptional

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Connecting to those who are always bombarded with ads and pressuring marketing campaigns, Promo allows the 100 Year Lifestyle to connect beyond the traditional "buy me/here's a discount" ad and rather towards a more organic conversation through videography. This is the future.

Pros

For those just getting started in the editing world, this platform gives space for innovative expression, marketing, and connecting to more people in a world that is open to listening. By using software like Pinnacle Studios in the past, I find myself very impressed when another editing software, such as Promo, that offers a template-based platform for the creative audience. I love this program for its ability to make people laugh, relate, and tune in for a moment of energetic exchange.

Cons

I don't always appreciate a glitch here and there because I use this software so much. Yet, when I do experience a glitch, the team is ON IT... Like asap and they make you feel supported throughout the instant messaging.

Susan H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Nonprofits and Promo

Reviewed on 2019/11/21

Even though Happy Jack Cats, Inc. is a nonprofit, we still need powerful marketing materials. Our very existence, and the lives of many animals depend on our being able to fund raise effectively. Sophisticated materials keep us from looking unworthy of donations. Success breeds success. Promo makes it possible for us to look good and, consequently do good.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use, the variety of clips, and the numerous, fantastic music choices. I'm not a videographer, and do not have sophisticated equipment or software for making great videos. Promo does everything for an unskilled user like myself, plus my organization, a nonprofit kitten rescue, does not have the funds for the hiring of skilled people or for expensive software and hardware. Promo offers fun, high-end quality clips which are applicable to my cat rescue. The software is easy to use and the learning curve is short, so I was able to quickly put together a video asking for donations on #givingtuesday 2019, that I'm proud of.

Cons

I have yet to find a problem. If I do I will share it with Promo, and I'm sure their team of experts would address it.

Alla D.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great video solution

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

I like the customer service at Promo. they are very responsive and if I have an issue , problem or questions I get responses and solutions right away. during my first year subscription I did not really used all the credits, but they agreed to transfer unused credits to the next year.

Pros

It is an easy and user-friendly software with a great choice of categories you can select. You can select already prepared short videos , just customize them (like adding your own slogan, brand color and logo) and you are ready to send a message to your audience. It is very easy to download and share links. Now they added new features like posting on the social media. I used it and it was convenient as you did not have to download a video and then upload to your social media pages.

Cons

Based on my plan I get basic features , no cons for now. The only wish I could have is to get a cheaper plan but this is something we always want in the world of business.

Vicky H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Love the Videos

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

I'm able to get a quality product done in a short amount of time. In my line of business, time is a very valuable commodity. Plus, the product looks like something I would have paid much more for than what I actually do.

Pros

That I can customize it and make it look as if I spent hours when it only takes a few minutes.

Cons

Sometimes, the videos that I develop for my facebook coverpages don't display correctly and I have to go back in and move things around...even if I save the video as a facebook cover.

Gary V.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Great to Get You Started Fast

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

Though a bit limited - it's still a great way to get off the ground quickly with your message.

Pros

How quick and responsive the application is.

Cons

A bit limited with some functions.... also, the library of videos are not really diverse... they much of the same feel/mood/look.

Chauncey C.
  • Industry: Media Production

sales up & excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2020/03/16

Pros

The software is straight forward. ANYONE can navigate the software. I recommend using the Mac Book Pro I tried using the software on a pc windows system not so smooth it took the features longer to upload and overall it was just performing slower. Mac Book Pro lighting speed on all features.
The software is expensive but worth it. The message center will respond within five minutes of messaging them and are extremely helpful. The quality of the premium content is another great value for the price. PROMO has made a huge impact growing our brand and marketing our brand.
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Cons

NO COMPLIANTS
The customer service team is AMAZING!!!

Cornelius D.

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

What was going to initially cost us with a graphics designer per video we were able to pay less a year with unlimited promo's.

Pros

The easy method of use and direction in doing so.

Cons

In my opinion I would have like to have found a more balanced catalog of urban communities within the videos. To better enable us to reach all types of people within their everyday familiar surroundings.

Luisa R.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Promo User

Reviewed on 2019/05/25

An excellent experience over all! Very satisfied. Looking forward for the new features to share directly on instagram.

Pros

I like the user friendly applications and the exceptional customer service. All my questions have been addressed within 3 minutes directly on the work page... do not have to leave the window, which makes it easier to chat with the assistant while implementing the recommendations.
NOTE: I work late at night, usually after midnight, and the response time frame is withing the 2 to 3 minutes. I am very satisfied with Promo.

Cons

that i cannot implement photos of my product within the video frame.

Crayle V.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Like iStock and iMovie combined

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

The basic service gives you 12 videos a year in the premium category, and lots of stock video that you can pu text over, which was my primary need. It's also nice that they have templates for each type of social media (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to keep things sized correctly.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create a short video ad right there where you found all of the stock videos for the background. It's quick and easy and doesn't require a lot of experience editing videos to use.

Cons

To get the best price, especially for basic use, you have to pay annually. If you want to make a one-year commitment, you get a full 50% off, which is a good deal, but often a hard sell for digital marketers to make to department heads who make make budget decisions.

Thomas A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

The only platform for video marketting

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

Awesome - will be coming back as I run more campaigns in the future.

Pros

It was simple and easy to use, but produced great quality end results. Not only my that, but the access to so much stock footage for such a good price was great.

Cons

I wasn't a fan of the $100 month price point because I am a really small business (one other casual/contractor) and aren't making big money yet or employing full time marketters, but I still think the price is justified and if I was running ads more frequently it would pay for itself - it probably already has paid for itself - tomorrow's quote with a new client who saw my videos will tell :)

Mikaelah G.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and the endless high quality stock videos. I had tried dozens of video making sites and none of them compare. Their customer service team is phenomenal! They respond within minutes and are extremely helpful.

Cons

I was upset I couldn't use the branding feature due to a special plan I purchased, but knowing that was what was most important to me, Promo's customer service team added it to my plan within minutes.

Marcela G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best customer service in the world

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

As a small startup, we have no money or time to make our own content. Promo allows me to make professional looking videos to boost my campaigns on social networks (they provide all video formats - this makes life so much easier!). I love it so far!

Pros

The platform has amazing content and the videos are super easy to edit! But the best thing for sure is the fast and efficient customer support. I made a couple of mistakes and couldn't edit my videos after publishing it (I didn't know it because it was my first time using the platform), but Tonya from customer support was SUPER helpful and helped me correcting everything. Very happy with promo!

Cons

Nothing! Love everything so far. Maybe promo could provide more text styles in video editing, but besides it the platform is perfect.

Vallence H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Really disappointed Promo

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

I subscribed to the promotion for 6 months and after 6 months i was charged without any email or notification to inform me that the subscription was up for renewal.

I have not used the software since the renewal or for a substantial period of time due to the laggy interface. However, I did not request any refund for the initial 6 months.

When I realized I was charged just 2 weeks ago, I requested a refund but the management refused. Even though there was no loss on their end and it has only been a short duration of 2 weeks.

After several correspondences, they begrudgingly gave a 50% refund and cancelled my account. Which results in them profiting many months of subscription.

Please be careful when you use promo.com and make sure you check your subscription and read their terms. This company is out to make a profit and doesn't care about their customers.

Pros

None

Cons

- Laggy
- Difficult to use
- The company is just out to make profit, doesn't care about the user
- Expensive

Response from Promo

Hello Vallence,
Thanks for your post. All Promo plans offered are subscription based ( monthly/6 month plan/annual) and we try to make that as clear as possible on the pricing page, checkout form, website, faq, and terms that the account should be canceled prior to the next cycle period either on the website or via request to our 24/7 support team. To help out we provided a 50% refund although the terms and site do state the cancel should be prior to the actual charge. If you have any further questions we would be happy to chat.

Cori M.

Pricey and not enough options

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

We got some good ideas but could not implement them.

Pros

I love the idea of throwing together a video for our customers, quickly. Also love the calendar suggestions for Promos to run. A lovely place to start coming up with ideas!

Cons

I know their pricing is comparable for others like them, but whew! That's more than we pay Shopify each month. And not all of our ads would be video.
So a slow month, where we only needed one video, would be a waste of capital.
I did ask their customer service for a pay as you download option (and it Too way to many tries to get a direct answer, which is why I gave them 3 stars for customer service) but you can only download if you have a subscription. So the try for free is not true. You can play with the editor for free. But as most said, it's nothing fancy. Instagram videos Perhaps some options for small businesses would be a good idea here. Love the convenience but hate the price, when we have so many other things we need to spend money on.

Christopher M.

Great Product For Simple Videos But Lacking In Features

Reviewed on 2019/06/26

The customer service was outstanding and the software was very easy to use. We were able to produce short videos for several advertising campaigns in a small amount of time.

Pros

What stood out with Promo was most definitely its library of templates and stock images/videos. They offer a wide range and a very comprehensive selection of content to use.

Cons

I felt that the selection of titles and transitions was quite limited. After producing just 8 videos, I started realizing that the look and feel of my content were getting stale. Although they offer a wide selection of stock images/videos, the overlay of titles and the outro selections were limited.

Sandy jabo G.

Great Value

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

I use promo to create social media content in order to keep my business on people's minds. I've had good interaction with my video posts created on Promo, and I'm very happy with it.

Pros

There are a lot of free clips and music available to create my videos. I really like the text functions - I just pick the effect I want to work with (out of many!) and type in my text. It's very easy to use.

Cons

There is a learning curve. It took me a while to figure certain things out. And while custom service was very nice, the person never did resolve my issue. I finally resolved it on my own.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great way to create unique videos

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Promo is super simple and efficient at letting you create videos for advertisements. You choose a video, pick a music track and add calls to action if needed. You can then edit the video length to suit your needs.

Cons

Pricing isn't very expensive, but there are a few features that are missing. Also, despite having millions of videos to choose from, many of them are generic and are best suited for "B-roll" type content.

Ahmed ali K.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Very nice for FB adds

Reviewed on 2019/09/14

We are making Facebook video adds through promo.com

Pros

Promo.com is very good and brillaint for making Facebook video adds.
Now with the help of promo.com even a lay man can make a professional add video

Cons

I had used a free version of promo.com and i had no issue with it so there is no cons from my side it is ok for me.