Showing 243 reviews of 221

GorillaDesk

Service management for pest control & other field services

Showing 243 reviews of 221
Brandon S.

Pest Control Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/20

Great customer support, at start of use, customer service checked in often to make sure all was well

Pros

I have been pleasantly pleased with the ease of use while in the field and the cost of this software beat others I researched in the market

Cons

Formal training via live video or zoom would be beneficial for new users to ease the starting process

Jeff D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best option for pest control software

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

I do not feel like I am just a number. GD continues to grow and adds features to their product.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service their updates were actually useful.

Cons

Doesn’t have all the bells and whistles

Jason H.
  • Industry: Chemicals

It keeps getting better

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

GorillaDesk wasn't my first software, but it will be my last.

Pros

This software was hands down the best one when I started using it 5 years ago.
Now...its even better. With constant upgrades, it continues to meet and exceed my expectations.

Cons

When making changes from the computer, it takes a bit for the app to update with those changes. Constant refreshing is needed.

Christi M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Meets all of the greatest software needs of our company and super easy to learn

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Before using Gorilla Desk, I was using QuickBooks and Google calendar combined to handle our billing and scheduling. Now those two functions are combined in Gorilla Desk and the program actually makes BOTH easier! It also allowed a way for our technician to sign in and mark his own jobs complete and leave comments on customer accounts, which has been so helpful. The learning curve is quick and the customer service is on point. This software was an administrative godsend for us.

Pros

The quick learning curve, the ease of billing customers, and the super responsive customer service. We heard from others and experienced for ourselves that this software is extremely user-friendly. Our new technician had one 40-minute training session and was able to start using it the same day. And while it takes a bit of time to set up each individual customer profile, once it is complete, it is sooooo easy to do my billing! It allows you to set up an invoice template that you use every time and then can send or charge card on file with the click of a button. Billing used to take me about 30 minutes per day (using QuickBooks) and now takes about 3 minutes. Lastly, any time I've ever had a question about how to use an aspect of the software, the response from customer service has been super fast and friendly.

Cons

The look of the invoices. I previously used QuickBooks & Google calendar for billing & scheduling and while I find Gorilla Desk to be easier and more user-friendly on just about every level, the one thing that QuickBooks has over them (in my opinion) is the format and appearance of the invoices. The Gorilla Desk invoices are just not as clean and polished looking as I would like and they are not quite as easy to read. They did offer us the opportunity to upgrade the appearance of our invoices at one point, but it was going to cost extra money and I just didn't want to pay more on top of what we already pay for the software, which is more than QuickBooks. I kinda feel like great-looking invoices should just be part of the deal. But given that the other features of the program have been so much better than anything we've had previously, I was willing to make the trade off for slightly less appealing invoices.

Brad F.

Life is easier with Gorilla Desk

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

My customers are extremely happy with the invoice, online pay capability and reporting, when they are happy, so are we

Pros

The simplicity of this software make it very user friendly, the GD team are always a phone call away if a problem occurs or you just simply have a question. GD seems to always be open to suggestion and welcome the users feed back. It is also highly customizable for each companies needs.

Cons

We have been a user for a few years now. When we first started, the training on how to use GD was limited, even though recently, that has greatly improved, there are still alot of features we don't know how to incorporate into our daily use, I feel at times we are underutilizing some features of GD simply because we don't know how, nor have we been properly educated on getting the full potential GD has to offer.

Ryan S.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

best software I could find for wildlife control

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Calendar, customer CRM and invoicing.

Pros

Works on multiple devices, excellent calendar and scheduling. My favorite thing over the last two years has been the customer service. I understand the company has grown, but it used to be that the owner would answer my call with my first name, Ive bragged about it others. Now its a receptionist, but still great service.

Cons

Need work orders! I have requested this several times over the last 12 months or so. I make a dummy invoice on visits for my weekly customers, then add the info from those invoices to a "master invoice". This is a waste of time. I want a work order for each calendar event, then it adds to automatically to a billable invoice. I would also like an option to see emails that have been sent out, this effects multiple situations, ie. 1. customer claims email was never recieved (They get caught in filters alot), 2. I used to tell customers information or ask questions by email but when they respond, I only see what they write back, not my original text; so I always send info/questions from my email program instead.

Brent T.

I am a very demanding client. I have been paperless since 1998! Gorilla Desk is almost perfect!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Streamlined my scheduling, work order and invoicing all into one package. Saving hours per week in otherwise redundant actions. Much better communications with my clients. Giving me better retention as well as recovering more past clients.

Pros

What I like most is the over all flow of the user interface. Especially in the mobile app. It is easy to navigate the service information. Sync's well with Google . Is good in both Android and iOS. The desktop ie browser is more powerful. Most of it's user interface is easy to navigate.

Cons

Cons: Hmm, I really don't want this to come across as if I am not satisfied with GD over all. Because I am. The biggest issues are two. First, the mobile app cannot do as much as it should. It is adapting quickly. I am just impatient. The other is, no ability to fully work offline. There is some offline editing . Just some cannot be accessed without an internet connection. Being a mostly mobile product, means dead spots of coverage are common. Make the mobile app as powerful as the browser app? You will have a runaway hit. Give 100% offline access? Perfection. Even with these minor deficiencies? I cannot imagine life without Gorilla Desk. I highly recommend for the solo operator like myself to the regional multi branch.

Dale J.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Superb software

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

Pros

This software has helped my business with seamless integration and service route scheduling. It’s ease-of-use andProfessional looking invoices along with the iPhone software app really help make my life easier.

Cons

I wish there was a mail merge feature that worked with Microsoft Word

Eddie J.

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Have tried different scheduling software and this is by far the best. It’s built-in to grow with you as your company grows, it’s affordable, it’s easy to edit services and prices, it’s cloud based, the mobile app is amazing and easy, supports credit card payments, and easily integrates with Quickbooks

Pros

Love the customer service. They are very responsive. Also love they are constantly updating the program based on customer feedback.

Cons

Nothing to complain about. Every issue I have they quickly correct.

Matthew J.

Great Service

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

This program is best for companies that aren't that big like Orkin or Terminix. The program is well suited for newer companies looking to run from one to 15 employees and the routing options and software for using your phone in the field makes leaving a paper service slip a thing of the past.

Cons

Glitchs like all software, but the team will work with you on any problem til they are resolved. No phone interaction between the company and the customer. Email is great, but when you need something resolved, its usually when you are in the field and away from the computer, a phone conversation is always the best way to explain the problems that you are having.

Easiest and most user friendly pest control software I have used.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

It has made growth in the pest control easier. Day to day task are easier as well.

Pros

I like that GorrillaDesk is easy to use and easy to learn for new technicians. It seems that customer support is always fast to speak with you. I use the chat feature the most. They have a facebook forum to give feedback and to also learn from other users.

Cons

There are a few things in the features I would like to see. Like a time stamp of the last person that may have moved or altered a schedule. Or technicians being able to see some of the other technicians schedules but not all. (Currently it all or none). On the map the pings location it would be nice to be able to just select individual techs instead of have everyone listed all the time. Last would be under reports being able to drill down and search further on most of the reports.

Dan S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Very pleased with the platform overall, but still looking for new features to improve...

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Great visibility into our business, customer segmentation, revenue patterns, etc. Accessible by all team members with custom filters to protect sensitive information.

Pros

1) Mobile functionality
2) Easy to learn
3) Dependable - very little down time
4) Responsive support

Cons

1)Not able to move entire days schedules at once i.e. "rainouts"
2)Not able to easily get daily revenue totals for techs that are paid on production. Must total manually.
3)Not able to have multiple appointment reminder in "manual mode"
4) Need more training videos or how to's so that we can maximize the value of the software

Matthew B.

Easy and Simple

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I learned to appreciate Gorilla Desk after I moved to Pestroutes. Big mistake. Gorilla desk is a pretty fantastic software for a small operation. I think that scheduling could be better but a lot could have changed in the 1.5 years since I left them. I have an acquaintance that runs a great pest operation with a few employees in my town using Gorilla Desk and he still loves it. I may wind up moving back to it this year.

Pros

The mobile app and I think that scheduling was pretty good.

Cons

At the time that I was using Gorilla Desk, there wasn't as much info readily available for learning to effectively use its features. I believe that has changed quite a lot. I also really wish that they had a job pool. I think that they should implement a customer portal and make scheduling a little smoother.

Bryan B.

Absolutely perfect fit

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Time freeing, very streamlined

Pros

Ease of use very user friendly terrific customer service/support

Cons

The only thing I have issues with is in multiple accounts under one master bill

Michael R.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

Coming from a large company that used Pestpac we found this a very easy to navigate transition. Support has been excellent (live person, call backs, quick follow up). This is a great product for a small to medium size pest control firm but I imagine could be used by any kind of service company.

Pros

Designed by pest control people so it is very intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

updates to Apple products are always behind Android

Amanda G.

Gorilla Desk is so easy to use and manage. Does everything we need!Customer service is great.

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

Gorilla Desk is easy to use & understand, it doesn't require hour of training. It makes scheduling, billing and notifying the client easy. It can be customized to fit the services our business offers.

Cons

One thing that would be nice is to be able to do more customization in the design of the invoices and/or the estimates.

Lisa B.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Gorilla Desk is easy to use, the customer service is amazing and the price is completely...

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Helps me run my business without a secretary!

Pros

Ease of use and customer service. This is point and click software, super easy to learn. When you don't know how to do something, customer service is "Johnny on the spot". I was most impressed when, in the first 60 days, someone was actually reviewing my services and calling me to make recommendations to ensure I was getting the most from the software. That was awesome!

Cons

Some features that are only available when you upgrade to the more expensive version are needed by smaller companies, but the price for the pro version is not in the budget for the really small operations like mine.

We have used this software for approximately two years and have been pleased overall.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Ease of use, low cost.

Pros

Simple interface with most any option you could want in pest control software. The support line is fantastic and responds quickly.

Cons

Minimal report options. Just basic numbers. Would be nice to see greater depth in reporting. There are no other big issues. If there are, tech support answers quickly.

Kendall S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Tight Wads this software pays for itself! Easiest program ever... But crazy powerful.

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

Since I was young I have always been in management. I have made a lot of Companies more money thru the years by working smarter. This software will ad to your bottom line.. Well worth the cost. BEST TECH SUPPORT EVER! You will love this program. My guys love this program.

Pros

ease of use Can train your guys and gals in minutes.

Cons

recording of weather and then one day I work up it was on the app So nothing!

Response from GorillaDesk

We appreciate you Kendall!

Travis M.

I've used multiple pest control software and by far gorilla desk is my favorite.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Gorrila Desk is very easy to use. At a moment I can check what's going on in every aspect from the schedule to the financials. Every time I have had to use customer support they have immediately been very helpful.

Cons

What I like least about Gorilla Desk is there are a few features that would be helpful. But Gorilla Desk is constantly updating and and offering new features every day

Summer C.

It's been very helpful for our pest control business and has helped us manage our customers...

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

It's great for small businesses and the user interface was easy to pick up. It helped keep all of our customers in order and to keep track of all of ur routes.

Cons

At this time there isn't anything that immediately comes to mind in regards to the negatives of this program.

Rena S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Super easy to use. Customer support has most answers for you within minutes.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Ease of use. Increased Credit card payments.

Pros

Customer support is the best. Gorilla Desk listens to their customers and is always adding new features that improve performance.

Cons

I hate that you have to open notes from each job to view them. It would be great if they showed up on the next work order or there was a notes tab the techs could use that would show all the notes at once.

Stephanie L.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Gorilla Desk in a super easy system to use when you have a small business

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Showed us what we used from the system and what further information we were looking for. It's a great stepping off software for growing pest control companies.

Pros

The ease of use between technicians and the office. The customer support is Amazing! Super great system for small businesses.

Cons

There was little room for growth, and the availability of information you can pull from the system is limited.

Justin B.

Great Software! Great Company! Easy to Use! In a Good Price Range!

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

It gave me and my wife more time back by sheduling and billing almost automatically

Pros

Ease of Use easy setup and automatic appointment setting and reminder. Great customer service love it.

Cons

I don't love the part that something's are not easy to find but customer service is always there to help. And I wash the billing for separate services all came out at once and not on separate days