GorillaDesk Reviews

GorillaDesk

Service management for pest control & other field services

4.5/5 (177 reviews)
Christi M.

Meets all of the greatest software needs of our company and super easy to learn

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Before using Gorilla Desk, I was using QuickBooks and Google calendar combined to handle our billing and scheduling. Now those two functions are combined in Gorilla Desk and the program actually makes BOTH easier! It also allowed a way for our technician to sign in and mark his own jobs complete and leave comments on customer accounts, which has been so helpful. The learning curve is quick and the customer service is on point. This software was an administrative godsend for us.

Pros

The quick learning curve, the ease of billing customers, and the super responsive customer service. We heard from others and experienced for ourselves that this software is extremely user-friendly. Our new technician had one 40-minute training session and was able to start using it the same day. And while it takes a bit of time to set up each individual customer profile, once it is complete, it is sooooo easy to do my billing! It allows you to set up an invoice template that you use every time and then can send or charge card on file with the click of a button. Billing used to take me about 30 minutes per day (using QuickBooks) and now takes about 3 minutes. Lastly, any time I've ever had a question about how to use an aspect of the software, the response from customer service has been super fast and friendly.

Cons

The look of the invoices. I previously used QuickBooks & Google calendar for billing & scheduling and while I find Gorilla Desk to be easier and more user-friendly on just about every level, the one thing that QuickBooks has over them (in my opinion) is the format and appearance of the invoices. The Gorilla Desk invoices are just not as clean and polished looking as I would like and they are not quite as easy to read. They did offer us the opportunity to upgrade the appearance of our invoices at one point, but it was going to cost extra money and I just didn't want to pay more on top of what we already pay for the software, which is more than QuickBooks. I kinda feel like great-looking invoices should just be part of the deal. But given that the other features of the program have been so much better than anything we've had previously, I was willing to make the trade off for slightly less appealing invoices.

Chris I.

The best developed software currently available (2017) for businesses 1-10 employees.

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

Efficiency - time saving.
Cut down paperwork and emailing tremendously
Improvement of company's image
Happier staff and management
More quotes / business leads / recommendations

Pros

In operation for 20 years with over 800 contract sites, scheduling work and Reporting had become a nightmare.
I looked for Field software at tradeshows and online for years and never found one that was 1) easy to use and 2) that would do (and only do) all the operations involved in a pest control intervention.
I tried out nearly 20 systems and GD stood out. Very few menus/tabs, yet everything is there: quotes, invoices, scheduling, drag and drop jobs, location map for Techs and Customers, Customised Service Reports with photographs, signature on mobile phones, Service History, Template emails, mobile app, etc.

Menus: so intuitive and simple to use that one can go learn everything in a few hours without any need to contact support.
GD developers managed to make something complex work simply, which most other programmers fail to do. Some of us don't even like using computers or do not have time to train staff, and for that reason every effort should be made to simplify the functionality of a software. GD owners run a pest business, and for that reason they understood what the software should do and how it should look.

I used to work 50-60 hours a week and since we started to use GD in July I am now down to around 40 hours. Our staff in the office and on the road also love using GD, and customers are very impressed with the reporting.
So well done the GD team and many many thanks for the impact you have on our day to day lives!

Cons

1) Text service (for appointment reminder to customers) is not available in Europe yet.
2) Generic template emails could offer more fields to choose from (e.g. site address, etc.)
3) Time-off blocks could be better (colours, editable etc.)
4) You cannot check Service History (past reports) from the mobile app
But what can I say... these are details in the overall picture: this software simply goes beyond any expectations a pest control operator may have.

Response from GorillaDesk

We appreciate your feedback Chris!

Jeremy P.

They have got this right !!!!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/25

The corporate location that you need to call for help are ALWAYS willing to take the time to help you figure out whatever you are struggling with.
I have been using this software from the start of my business in 2017 and I believe that the GorrillaDesk team have made themseves INDESPENSIBLE to my business. I now cannot imagine going back and working without it.
I Love GorrillaDesk!!!!!

Pros

Convenience and ease of use.
Allows my business to be 100% Digital
Figures my taxes for me.
The Automatic emails are the best part of this software.
Gorrilladesk pricing is on point to make this product usable for everyone

Cons

That the estimates sent to customers dont have the signature function unless you are WITH the customer.
I am sure that this will be fixed soon though with an update.

Kenneth T.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE GorillaDesk

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Pros

-Easy to use and teach to use
-Customer Support is Awesome! Easy to message them through the system or email them.
-Constant updating and adding many new functions and options at customers request
-Mobil app is easy to use and lessons the chances of information getting lost between tech and office.
-Mobile documents, less chances of missing paperwork from field
-Texting and emailing appointment notifications with clients, our clients love this even the older ones. We thought a lot of our clients would not like this function, but they love it and they love the fact that they can message us through the system and they do not have to call us on the phone
-Online storage of Credit Cards and the option for Clients to pay their bill with the Online Bill Pay option

Cons

-Would like an option to email directly from GD and have the email stored in the system notes
-Would like top notes for each location under a client, at this time there is one main top note and it shows up on all locations under a client.
-Would like to lock appointment slots and have National Holidays show up on the Calendar
-Able to make adjustments to Time Off vs. deleting and reentering it.
-Client No Show Button (like the Reschedule) , we like to keep track of this.

Ryan S.

best software I could find for wildlife control

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Calendar, customer CRM and invoicing.

Pros

Works on multiple devices, excellent calendar and scheduling. My favorite thing over the last two years has been the customer service. I understand the company has grown, but it used to be that the owner would answer my call with my first name, Ive bragged about it others. Now its a receptionist, but still great service.

Cons

Need work orders! I have requested this several times over the last 12 months or so. I make a dummy invoice on visits for my weekly customers, then add the info from those invoices to a "master invoice". This is a waste of time. I want a work order for each calendar event, then it adds to automatically to a billable invoice. I would also like an option to see emails that have been sent out, this effects multiple situations, ie. 1. customer claims email was never recieved (They get caught in filters alot), 2. I used to tell customers information or ask questions by email but when they respond, I only see what they write back, not my original text; so I always send info/questions from my email program instead.

Heather W.

Easy to use computer program

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Keeping trackof all ongoing work is a breeze with this program.
Keeps record of past years.

Pros

How easy it is to learn how to use.
The billing will keep track of how many days a invoice has been billed
I like the auto generated email for billing overdue invoices.
Customer service is always willing and able to help.

Cons

the only thing I have had trouble with is when a job is marked complete, you are unable to go back and add to the invoicing. We have accidently pushed the complete button and been unable to undo this.

Serge B.

It's easily the single most important investment I made in my new small business!

Reviewed on 2018/07/26

Again, too many to list but I would say that primarily, it put me in the same league as the big boys from day one as far as from a total professional standpoint. Also it allows a small business like mine to do the work of an office staff automatically and efficiantly.

Pros

Wow, where do I start? Fast and friendly customer support for starters. Value for the money. They keep adding new features which make an owner operator like me, appear to the customer, as sophisticated as the bigger companies! There's a ton more I can list but suffice it to say, I recommend this to anyone I know who has not only a pest control business, but any business with recurring customers. Keep up the excellent work GorillaDesk! I look forward to growing with you!

Cons

Are you kidding? I Love GorillaDesk!!! I literally cannot find one thing I don't like about it. If I had to nit pick, I would say that I'd love to see a weather widget incorporated on the calendar. But again that's not even a complaint.

Mike N.

One of the best business decisions I've ever made!

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

I own a small pest control company and switched to this platform from a quickbooks/google calendar set up. Before I signed up I tried their 30 day trial, and the customer support was nothing short of AMAZING! They answered all of my questions over several phone calls.

Transitioning my company was easy, and they offered to handle setting up my account on their end. The layout and add-ons offered take care of everything I struggled with on my old set-up. The major selling point for me is the route optimization feature. With a few clicks, I can optimize my route for the month to run in the most efficient way possible.

The companion app for phones/tablets is set up fantastically for a field tech. Gives you access to everything you'd need while on the road. They recently added to sync your schedule with Google Calendars as well, which is quite useful.

Anytime I've had a problem or question, support has gotten back to me very quickly with an answer/resolution. I can't say enough how friendly and helpful everyone I've talked to has been.

I actually started with the Pro plan to try things out, and intended on dropping to the basic plan once I got everything set up. I decided that the benefits that you receive with the Pro plan more than compensate for the slight cost increase, and it's definitely worth keeping long-term.

My only regret is that I didn't pull the trigger and set this up sooner.

Pros

Route optimization, automatic e-mails.

Cons

I would like to see a feature on the mobile app that lets you add materials while in the field; also integration with your contact list would be nice.

Response from GorillaDesk

To clarify Mike's Con

You can add materials to jobs on the mobile app.

What he is referring to is you must at this time add your starting materials to the desktop version and then you'll have them for use in the mobile app.

Brent T.

I am a very demanding client. I have been paperless since 1998! Gorilla Desk is almost perfect!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Streamlined my scheduling, work order and invoicing all into one package. Saving hours per week in otherwise redundant actions. Much better communications with my clients. Giving me better retention as well as recovering more past clients.

Pros

What I like most is the over all flow of the user interface. Especially in the mobile app. It is easy to navigate the service information. Sync's well with Google . Is good in both Android and iOS. The desktop ie browser is more powerful. Most of it's user interface is easy to navigate.

Cons

Cons: Hmm, I really don't want this to come across as if I am not satisfied with GD over all. Because I am. The biggest issues are two. First, the mobile app cannot do as much as it should. It is adapting quickly. I am just impatient. The other is, no ability to fully work offline. There is some offline editing . Just some cannot be accessed without an internet connection. Being a mostly mobile product, means dead spots of coverage are common. Make the mobile app as powerful as the browser app? You will have a runaway hit. Give 100% offline access? Perfection. Even with these minor deficiencies? I cannot imagine life without Gorilla Desk. I highly recommend for the solo operator like myself to the regional multi branch.

Michael F.

After trying 4 other apps, this one was perfect for us without any changes!

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

I signed up for the trial period, but my business partner had already purchased it so I didn't need the trial. We are currently using it and it is so perfect for us, we've tried four other apps that promised customization and it would work for us, none did. GorillaDesk is perfect and we don't need to change anything about it, it literally saves us 10 to 20 hours a week and keeps us both in constant contact about jobs and their status, not to mention planning upcoming weeks work by just checking the app and easily contacting customers straight from the app without shuffling through papers or texting back and forth with my business partner, just a quick tap in the customer info and you are talking to them or sent them a message, once you get a reply it's one tap and anybody else in your company knows if the job is confirmed to go, rescheduled, or still unconfirmed to go. Plus with a quick note they know why without having to call or text you to find out why. We spend a bunch of time texting/calling if a job is done or not, but now we look and know if it is or not, THIS SAVES ME SO MUCH TIME AND REDUCES STRESS, Thank you for inventing this!

Cons

The only downfall is the time entering all customer info, but that is not their fault, yes you could import info, but this way you custom enter the info in the notes for each individual customer so you don't forget the details and personalize each customer, so worth it!

James P.

HAVING GORILLADESK SERVICE HAS SAVED MY COMPANY.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

My scheduling, renewals, and sales have a combined growth of 40% with the utilization of the Gorilladesk Software! My appointments are met on exact calender dates, which maximize my revenue. My people spend more time with boots on the ground, as compared to hours in the file cabinet looking for renewals, or contract updates. Any person with very basic knowledge, can operate this product efficiently and effectively!

Cons

The only one problem that I have encountered, has been the condition where weather, or telecommunications failure has not allowed me to contact the main software server directly. Gorilladesk staff assisted us in getting out data for the daily routes produced, and the problem resolved itself within 1-2 hours. NO FAULT OF THE GORILLADESK PRODUCT....

Timothy B.

Amazing Service

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Beginning with no more expense buying expensive NCR forms. It is all on my documents. It has saved me thousands in printing expenses alone. I am beyond estatic with this program and company. Outstanding leadership and support. This program also makes interacting with your customers just top notch. Almost 100% of my customers love the email and text notifications and being able to pay online right there in the email that is sent. It also helps with collections. Once again, what are you waiting for get started today.

Pros

This has got to be one of the most amazing programs that I have come along. I was using a computer based program that crashed on me when a friend led me to Gorilla Desk. The customer support is noting short of Outstanding. They are there by your side step by step as you begin your journey. It has made running my company so much better. I can now run it from the field instead of sitting behind a desk. You will never be disappointed with this program or company. I now have all my forms on this site and it makes interaction with my customers, especially new ones, so much better. I can not stop singing the praises of Tim and the rest of the crew. What are you waiting for get started.

Cons

When you put timeoff in the system, you can not edit that entry. You have delete it and start all over. That is a very small problem that I feel very strong will be fixed. They jump on it real quick to get it fixed.

Matthew J.

Great Service

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

This program is best for companies that aren't that big like Orkin or Terminix. The program is well suited for newer companies looking to run from one to 15 employees and the routing options and software for using your phone in the field makes leaving a paper service slip a thing of the past.

Cons

Glitchs like all software, but the team will work with you on any problem til they are resolved. No phone interaction between the company and the customer. Email is great, but when you need something resolved, its usually when you are in the field and away from the computer, a phone conversation is always the best way to explain the problems that you are having.

Easiest and most user friendly pest control software I have used.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

It has made growth in the pest control easier. Day to day task are easier as well.

Pros

I like that GorrillaDesk is easy to use and easy to learn for new technicians. It seems that customer support is always fast to speak with you. I use the chat feature the most. They have a facebook forum to give feedback and to also learn from other users.

Cons

There are a few things in the features I would like to see. Like a time stamp of the last person that may have moved or altered a schedule. Or technicians being able to see some of the other technicians schedules but not all. (Currently it all or none). On the map the pings location it would be nice to be able to just select individual techs instead of have everyone listed all the time. Last would be under reports being able to drill down and search further on most of the reports.

Jeff J.

Excellent software for pest control business management - highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Pros

Gorilla Desk has a clean, simple interface that makes it very easy to use, but it has all the features needed to run a pest control business effectively. I evaluated many software options and actually started with another company. After a month or so of complicated training and quirky processes for simple daily tasks in the other system, I decided to shift to Gorilla Desk. I am very glad I did!

Here is what I like the most:
-simple, clean interface.... so easy to use and train others to use in a matter of minutes
-regular processes are quick and easy - adding customers, jobs, invoicing, ect
-excellent mobile app makes service delivery fun for the technicians
-software is continually being updated with great new features added
-great support

Cons

-no negative to share. I am confident any small problems I have for my unique needs will be resolved in future updates

Adam S.

Super user friendly. Gone paperless ever since we switched over to GorillaDesk.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

Mobile friendly! I have used other software in the past and always needed somebody in the office offering support. I can literally do everything from my phone. As a technician in the field, GorillaDesk gives our customers a professional experience from start to finish. I have been using this software for over three years and I can honestly It's user friendly once you get familiar with it. The only thing I feel would be helpful is video tutorials, which from my understanding GorillaDesk is in the process of making videos and offering this type of support.

Pete L.

Great Service App!

Reviewed on 2017/04/07

For years a looked for a software / app that w
as simple to use. My industry had only 3 software companies that specialized in my trade. They all had the same problems; all were too complexe, large learning curve, and too difficult to navigate. After trials and interviews they all sucked. For instances - in 2014 you could only open a companies program on a windows computer (not a Mac) and only on Internet Explorer (not Chrome).......crazy!

Finally! I found Gorilla Desk, the software is light, it's simple, and easy to navigate. For new company start ups or not so tech savvy individuals, Gorilla Desks setup process was sooo easy! My techs had a easy time understanding the system. I can pull a clients history, schedule anywhere. It's great for a one man company who is always on the go.

Pros

Easy client setup - easy to navigate - accessible customer history - easy to automate your business - Company always Upgrades

Response from GorillaDesk

We appreciate you Pete!

Talisha B.

using Gorilla desk has been very easy and customer service is top notch!

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

keeping customers information safe and secure and being able to send invoices through email.

Pros

I like that its easy to use. user friendly, I can easily see the schedule from wherever I am. I can schedule, invoice, and get paid faster. it is everything I need to manage our business. It is easy to learn, this software helps me manage my customers, and schedule my one-time or recurring job orders. I can create beautiful invoices/estimates for our customers.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to take or be reminded of the non recurring customers. they take a lot of scheduling space.

Dan S.

Very pleased with the platform overall, but still looking for new features to improve functionality,

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Great visibility into our business, customer segmentation, revenue patterns, etc. Accessible by all team members with custom filters to protect sensitive information.

Pros

1) Mobile functionality
2) Easy to learn
3) Dependable - very little down time
4) Responsive support

Cons

1)Not able to move entire days schedules at once i.e. "rainouts"
2)Not able to easily get daily revenue totals for techs that are paid on production. Must total manually.
3)Not able to have multiple appointment reminder in "manual mode"
4) Need more training videos or how to's so that we can maximize the value of the software

Matthew B.

Easy and Simple

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

I learned to appreciate Gorilla Desk after I moved to Pestroutes. Big mistake. Gorilla desk is a pretty fantastic software for a small operation. I think that scheduling could be better but a lot could have changed in the 1.5 years since I left them. I have an acquaintance that runs a great pest operation with a few employees in my town using Gorilla Desk and he still loves it. I may wind up moving back to it this year.

Pros

The mobile app and I think that scheduling was pretty good.

Cons

At the time that I was using Gorilla Desk, there wasn't as much info readily available for learning to effectively use its features. I believe that has changed quite a lot. I also really wish that they had a job pool. I think that they should implement a customer portal and make scheduling a little smoother.

Zach L.

Gorilla Desk is by far the best CRM software that I have used

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

The other thing I love about Gorilla Desk is their customer service. They are easy to get on the phone or through the support chat on their website and have been extremely helpful and responsive to any questions I have. The last CRM I used I could never get anyone on the phone to help me if I had any questions. But Gorilla Desk always has someone available to help me and they go the extra mile for their customers. I can't recommend this software enough.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use and intuitive. It has a TON of helpful features and best of all our customers really enjoy how easy it is to pay through Gorilla Desk as well as receive notifications about their scheduled service. Everything is well organized and make sense and the other amazing feature is the huge variety of various reports you can generate through it. This software is a must have for small business owners in any sort of service industry. It blows any other CRMs/scheduling software out of the water!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found anything that I don't like yet. The only thing I can think of is to possibly have a way to distinguish between estimates and jobs on the technicians schedule, like maybe with a different colored border or something for an estimate, but that's really it.

Amber H.

We can fit most of our needs into one software.

Reviewed on 2018/04/06

Pros

Easy to use, lots of features and capabilities. gReat customer service. Once set up, it pretty much does the work for you. I am able to spend more time on other aspects of our business. The owner is very hands on and genuinly wants all of his customers to succeed and will go above and beyond to help. Greatest software we have used. One of the best decisions we have made for our business!

Cons

I really do not have any cons. They are always listening to customer feedback and catering to our needs.

Dan D.

Gorilla Desk has saved me from my antiquated way of invoicing. So many benefits!

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Benefits from this product include better record keeping, scheduling, forecasting, routing, invoicing, billing and more! There are features I haven't even used yet and every day I'm glad to have Gorilla Desk as a tool to make my company better and more efficient!

Pros

The ease of use and immediacy of every feature. Billing is a breeze now. Record keeping is right on track. Gorilla Desk will give you more professional forms and allows you to give your clients more detailed information. Plus, there are statistics and forecasting that are automatically part of the program. It is set up to get you started very easily and my transition from the old school way to the Gorilla Desk way was fun seeing the improvements right away. This made my life so much easier, I now can spend more time with my family and less time doing frustrating paperwork.

Kevin C.

Reports, Invoices, and Billing at a Glance

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

It makes my life owning a company very easy. I can log all of my customers, track employees and sales. All my reports are just a click away. I can even see what projected company sales are as well as take credit card payments with ease.

Pros

Easy to use even for thoses that are not very computer friendly.
Can add the items that you need, always expanding their content, upgrades are automatic at no additional cost

Cons

Would like the bar scanner function to be included in the basic rate as we Beta tested this for the company but can no longer access.

Josh S.

GorillaDesk is the long-awaited answer we've been looking for.

Reviewed on 2016/02/05

Having been raised in a pest control family and currently a third-generation owner, I'm rather certain that I first discovered the proper use of profanity in the early 80s as my dad loaded his pest control software from 8 inch floppy disks inserted into a computer the size of a washing machine and tried to get it to do what he wanted it to do. While technology has certainly progressed since those days, I can't say that pest control software has kept up with the pace. That is, unitil I discovered GorillaDesk. If you need a solution for your pest control business, do what I did and give the free trial a shot. You will quickly see how user-friendly, powerful, efficient, and downright essential this software is. GorillaDesk customer support is absolutely superb. As I reached out to GorillaDesk while setting everything up, I was surprised as I encountered passion, excitement, and a sincere desire to receive feedback to better serve customers through the offering new features and updates. This in turn offers users continued improvement in multiple realms including operations, marketing, scheduling, increased revenue, promoting and tracking sales, materials management, ease of exporting data and reports, communication with customers, and much more. Anyone who has ever looked at virtually the same interface year after year will definitely understand how important and exciting this was for me. So, if you've searched and searched, heard sales pitch after sales pitch, and taught your kids a few new words along the road to finding a better pest control software mousetrap, then make the jump to GorillaDesk. www.getnational.com

Response from GorillaDesk

Thanks Josh, we're humbled by your review and look forward to a long-lasting relationship. - Chris Founder @ GorillaDesk