Sawyer Reviews

Sawyer

Class management software for kids activity providers

4.4/5 (111 reviews)
Galina I.

Review for Sawyer from Tiny Tunes Studio

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

I love having Sawyer. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this platform. Simplifies things so much. I would do it over again.

Pros

I love that it's so easy to use and very user friendly. I didn't need to "learn" to use it - it's very self-explanatory. I like that I get paid very fast with Sawyer direct deposits. I like this new party booking feature - haven't tried it yet but intend to sign up for that!

Cons

- it's less flexible in terms of creating one off classes. for example, in pearachute, i am able to create an "impromptu" class with a certain musician. On Sawyer I have to create a new schedule, then a new activity, etc. it's a bit overwhelming. I don't always necessarily want to create an event for one offs but the way the Sawyer system is no you almost have to.
- some glitches along the way. i can't always access all the functionalities in my phone (like adding packs to people's accounts for example); certain coupon codes not working after awhile (even without me putting any time restrictions on it); duplicate accounts in Contacts and not being able to delete them (even when there is no packs attached to them)
- Reports. I don't really understand how to use them. I will be calling support team to learn more about how I can customize them
- If someone comes to studio and pays cash for the class there is no way for me to check them in and note that this is a paid customer because there is no such function in the system. For report purposes I would like to understand paid vs not paid customers.
- Function that prompts emails/messages to customers who haven't come to studio in a while. Maybe not an automated email but a reminder email to me saying "Hey, Johnny Smith hasn't come to Tiny Tunes Studio in a while, maybe you want to send them an email offering some sort of a discount for his next visit?" and maybe have like a standard email that each owner can customize then.

Olivia R.

Sawyer tools

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

I have been with sawyer from day one, and it has been so great to see them grow. It has definitely solved a lot of registration problems, and makes the process a bit more seamless. It has freed up quite a bit of admin time to focus on growing the business in other ways.

Pros

THe customer service is the most wonderful aspect of sawyer. If I ever have the smallest problem, the admin team gets back with me within minutes, and a fix is on the way. They are constantly working to make the software better, and really value the relationships they build with their customers. You get the sense that they really care about helping us grow our businesses.

Cons

As they grow, there are frequent bugs. They get worked out very quickly though! Also, as my business grew, I was paying thousands of dollars in fees. I wish I had known about a monthly payment option earlier. I could have saved a very large amount of money.

Sarah G.

Incredibly easy to use and nicely streamlined for parents. I love their customer service too!

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

I'm having a much smoother time registering families for my programs. Previously I had a lot of drop ins and even registrations who hadn't actually paid, but with Sawyer I've really minimized how many people I have to track down for payment later. I also appreciate that there are questions built into registration and that I can even add more questions, which comes in very handy when I'm running the camp and have kids for the whole day.

Pros

It is really user-friendly. It did not take long to learn it and I can train my admin staff to use it pretty quickly. I like the interface, everything looks nice and is readily accessible. I LOVE the customer service team, they have always been really fantastic and totally understand my needs as a small business offering kids' programming.

Cons

It is simpler than some of the other registration systems, which I think mostly works to it's advantage. Sometimes though I need the software to do something more specific and there's not an option available. I do appreciate that their customer service team is always really responsive to these moments though. They either walk me through other options or even talk to the development team about adding further features.

Rachel M.

Why I like Sawyer for my Business

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Positive, Forward Thinking, Clean, Professional, Understands Enrichment Classes, Oppertunities to Grow you business using their product.

Pros

Sawyer "gets" my business. It is nice to have a platform that has already thought of what I need for my enrichment class platforms. I have worked with other online registration platforms, the interface is not as clean and beautiful as Sawyer and it required more time spent on my end customizing.

Also, Sawyer sends payments DAILY rather than twice a month - which is huge for a small business.

Cons

Like anything new, it takes time to get used to the functions and how to set everything up. But if you do it well the first time, you will only need to go back to make minor edits for each class.

The customer service is TOP NOTCH! This was a HUGE reason I did not get frustrated in those early days of set-up. It took time, but I had assistance at my fingertips whenever I called. Shout our to our support staff

Demarcus S.

Great, but not Excellent

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

I thought the onboarding with Sawyer was smooth and the team was enthusiastic to support our transition into the software. While the service is pretty great, and our support person has been receptive to our needs, it does not seem that Sawyer is able to make adaptive changes based on the customer's needs. I say this with the assumption that organizations similar to ours (in terms of services offered and size of customer base) have similar- if not the same- needs as ours.

Pros

What I like most about the Sawyer software is that it suits the needs of a robust program like ours in that it provides seamless attendance tracking , easy student and parent information maintenance, as well as accessible finance reporting.

Cons

I would say opportunities for Sawyer to improve its program is to make it feasible for prerequisites classes to be offered individually. Also, when reporting, the dates of transactions aren't visible which is helpful for our record keeping. Lastly, there isn't a comprehensive database feature in which one can view the entire enrollment list at a glance.

Alexander T.

Making registration about as easy and seamless as possible!

Reviewed on 2018/08/11

Pros

Sawyer has been an instrumental part of our new kids' class. Customer service, ease of use, communication, and transparency are part of our core values as a business, and Sawyer has been important to us because it creates a web experience that extends those values to our customers.

Cons

Pretty much the only drawbacks to working with Sawyer have had to do with their newness and innovation. There have been a few occasions where we've communicated problems to their customer service team. They've responded by saying that they've identified the problem, and are working to roll out a new feature that fixes it. And sure enough, within the next few weeks we'll see an email announcement for the new feature. That means that Sawyer doesn't necessarily do everything we want it to do "out-of-the-box", but I feel confident that if something is missing, it just means they're still working on rolling it out.

Gabrielle K.

Sawyer for Piano Studio

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

I am booking 50% more than I have previously! Customer service is very responsive, friendly and ready to help. I just wish there were some more intuitive features in place on the back end.

Pros

I like that I can set up my classes, have students be in charge of their credit card, and limit how much my teachers can see. I love that i can put a link in my website so that people can sign up for free classes on their own.

Cons

When I make modifications to a class for the future, it changes all past classes.
There's no great way to set up a subscription but allow people to pay via check or cash, only via payment plan. The payments should be easier to use for everyone.
Receipts should reflect how they paid me that month rather than the total value of the payment plan.
When downloading custom forms, I would love to have each custom field have its own column rather than bunched together.

Kyle G.

A lot of great things going for it

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

I loved that the graphics were beautiful, and that I was able to add pictures/logos to a presentable page for my families.

Cons

An automatic waitlist would be great! When a class fills up, have families enter a waitlist with their credit card info and when a space opens, the next person is automatically added and notified.

I also had trouble with adding one child to one class last year. The class was full but wanted to allow one additional student in. It turned out the only way this parent could pay was in person because the link wasn't working. I had to awkwardly bring my laptop to dismissal and take their credit card info and type it in manually. If there was a way I could create charges and forward them electronically to adults that would be much better!

Also, on the calendar, there should automatically be national holidays (and possibly religious holidays) entered in just so that people can see them on there. I found myself having to go back and forth making sure that certain dates didn't conflict. It would be even better if there was a way we could add dates that would not work (e.g. spring break or conference day). Then sawyer would automatically skip classes on the days we entered in.

Melanie S.

Loving the ease and customer service the most!

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Sign up is so much easier for everyone involved. Just wonderful!

Pros

Love that I get immediate responses when I have a question. I never feel like I'm left to fend for myself. Great customer service. It's really easy to operate. I can have all my teachers access their classes separately and I can see how they communicate with their students and parents. It just makes life so much easier!

Cons

I would love to have an "order books here" tab for each class. It would also be great to be able to ad a siblings discount to classes even if they don't take the same class. I would love to see "at a glance" what teacher is teaching what class and how many students are in that class.

Sarah B.

Sawyer

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Good. Service chat is sometimes great and sometimes useless.

Pros

Pretty easy to use and functional for our needs. Adaptable to use.

Cons

Reporting for financials is not all that my accountant would like. Hard to sort information for different uses. Everyone in company needs to be in the same view (calendar versus list) Calendar doesn't let you scroll down to see what is happening in the next month you need to manually change months. This is difficult for many month semesters of classes.

Stacey O.

Some essentials missing

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

It's easy for us to enter class information adn we like that all our educators can have their own log-ins.

Cons

There is no flex on pricing -- no ability for sliding scale or a variety of pricing options. This is our biggest issue and why we still use Eventbrite for many of our events.
The design is sort of meh. We wish there was more flex to personalize it.
Search function is not intuitive/ hard to search for classes (from a consumer point)
Back pages are not intuitive. Example: we were looking for a financial summary report from one of our providers and it took me over 30 minutes to find this.

6.0/10
Dara C.

Now that I've gotten the hang of it, I definitely think it's a great service!

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

It was very easy to get my classes set up and I find the way the system works to be functional. I haven't had many issues at all as an administrator.

Cons

I do find that it works the best from my computer as opposed to my phone. As a teacher, I've had several parents have issues with signups going through, but honestly, that might be due to parent error or administrator error. Now that I'm running my own registrations, I haven't had any problems.

Great for small businesses

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Wonderful!

Pros

I love that we are only charged a fee when we get a booking, versus a monthly fee. This is great for a small business that gets a lot of customers at the start of each season, but then has 1-2 months that are slower. The customer service is also phenomenal!

Cons

Occasionally the way things are laid out can be confusing or the opposite of what you might expect. But once you get a hang of it, its very easy to use.

Olivia R.

Sawyer has been an incredible resource for me and has helped my business grow. It is wonderful!

Reviewed on 2017/07/05

Increased efficiency, productivity, and freed up time to focus on growing my business. Parents love the seamlessness of the registration process, and it is so easy to set things up on the back end as well.

Pros

I love the ease of use, the customer support, and the frequent upgrades they make to the service. They have a brilliant team of tech support and programmers and are extremely professional and available for all of my business needs.

Alison B.

Great software for registrations!

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

I have been super impressed with the way Sawyer is adding options and new features all the time. The customer service I have received from Isabelle and the rest of the team is top-notch!

Pros

I love that I have all of my services in one place. It makes registration simple and easy for both my customers and myself! I also love that I can create a service once and then simply copy and paste it into my schedule. It makes customization very easy.

Cons

Sometimes the navigation of Sawyer Tools can be cumbersome. It would be nice to have a menu drop-down that allows access to other pages without having to go back to the main menu each time. Also, being able to add a quantity option for adult events and classes would be quite helpful.

Lance M.

A great class time solution!

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Overall the time savings and the organization has just been awesome. We started integrating Sawyer slowly with our classes, but we are only moving forward with Sawyer now!

Pros

We used to do registrations with pen and paper, and then we would have to scan or manually enter information from those forms. Not to mention generate rosters manually for several classes. Sawyer organizes all of that for us and saves me valuable time!

Cons

There is an extremely small (and unavoidable) learning curve in setting up the classes and form. However, the support we were able to get from the online archives answered our questions quickly and the one question I sent to tech support (at 11pm) was answered the next morning before 9am!

Lacey B.

Great Service and User friendly interface

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

Pros

I find the interface of Sawyer to be aesthetically pleasing, simple, and user friendly. Posting classes and keeping track of enrollment and attendance and monitoring revenue is so easy since we started using the software. Customer Service has been prompt, friendly, and helpful.

Cons

Features and flexibility of the software have been limited, but since we started using the software, they have been rolling out helpful new features constantly like waitlists, memberships, and parties. Even though features have been a little limiting, I like that they seem to be listening to their clients and adding more all the time.

Scott H.

Chefsville

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

I am still developing our relationship with Sawyer. Can't say that I am able to give any fair opinion of the overall experience at this time.

Pros

Its ease of use. Many concepts make sense. To be able to assign teachers and increase parent communication. *** Please add ability to attach files *** and please *** update your form software for custom forms - it is terrible right now ***

Cons

This summer Chefsville had over 30 camps. The normal training schedule for Sawyer didn't allow for us being out working those camps so getting trained was twice as hard for Mollie.

We actually had to test, play and figure it out until she advised us and we could follow.

I still have no idea of what an acknowledgement/registration confirmation e-mail looks like and have customers calling me asking when there next payment is due and what dates our programs are.

I have a great email that I use, but I can't use that when I am trusting your software to do it along with payment receipt.

We still are not trained and know that your software does more than what we know. Mollie has been out and schools started for us this week. So we are having to scramble to find information.

We still need help with our form, our form asks several questions that your profile automatically does. I need to find where and how to get this information, change our form so it asks only one time.

Website Widget - we have no control of it! I had to figure out the coding to modify the short code to show Semesters and not camps. I did ask for help, but by the time customer service got to me, many people passed our programs over because they couldn't see how to register by changing "Camps" to "Semesters". I think your clients need to have more controls on their WordPress.

5.0/10
Ewa H.

Sawyer is good with room to grow

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Pros

Sawyer is visually appealing to work with and fairly user friendly. It's one of the only scheduling softwares that is specifically designed for scheduling children's activities.

Cons

Some functions and layouts are not intuitive. There are several pricing and customer specific options that cannot be adjusted at this time and the alternative solutions offered by customer support are time consuming.

Kellie S.

Perfect for small business!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/08/14

It's been great working with Sawyer so far. The customer service team has been very responsive to my questions and has helped me with through some confusingly moments, answering all my questions and helping me learn how to use the tools better. I like that they are very open to feedback and are constantly seeking ways to improve the software so it is convenient and intuitive for clients. I also love the clean interface. The design is really nice for both clients and users.

Pros

I like that there is no monthly or minimum fee, which is great for small business owners who might only bring in money now and then. Sawyer takes a very small percentage off of every transaction made, which means I can run my business at my own pace, and even take breaks without worrying about wracking up fees! I also live that clients can create an account which makes it easy for them to return and sign up again and again.

Cons

There are a few features that I would like to be more intuitive and seamless. I wish I could email a person or group of people directly through Sawyer simply by selecting them in the contacts menu. I also wish I could personalize the use of the sibling discount to work even when families don't sign them up for the same class. There are a few other small improvements I'd like to see. Otherwise, is been a great product so far!

Jamie K.

As a company owner, I have found the software to be incredibly helpful with scheduling my classes!

Reviewed on 2017/07/05

A great looking and organized way for our clients to sign up for classes on our website!

Pros

I really like how the way the software looks on my website and its functionality. Customer service has also been incredible and has taken all of our suggestions and tried to implement as much as possible to make everything easier for us to use and for our customers.

Cons

I wish there were a few more options on how to display classes as semester versus drop in. Also some clients have found it frustrating to sign up for a class- honestly i think this is pure laziness on the customer end and not wanting to have to "sign up" for sawyer tools in order to sign up for our class but if there was a way around not having to do this it would make it much easier for us to have drop ins pay at class. generally they don't want to go through the whole signing up process because it looks more difficult then just inputting payment.

Laura S.

Vibe loves Sawyer

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Sawyer has been amazing to work with. I’m looking forward to work on implementing their party platform.

Pros

I love that it’s simple and intuitive to use. It has been essential to the growth we have experienced this year- without it I would have been in spreadsheet hell.

Cons

Some updates on the customer side would be good to have- them being able to update email addresses or be able to merge users- say a Dad registered for a class and then the mom did it another time- it would be great to have an account merge capability.

Danielle H.

Sawyer for After School Program

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Sawyer has helped keep my work organized. Without Sawyer I would have been doing everything manually and lots of mistakes are made when I do that! The customer service has been outstanding.

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to navigate. There's nothing super complicated about using it. It is very straight forward and intuitive.

Cons

Nothing I dislike per say. I just wish I could personalize it a little more. Add my own events on to the calendar for parents to see. I wish I could have a roster for the classes that is easy to print out and looks nice.

Gina C.

Sawyer made my life easier!

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

We love Sawyer, I’m so grateful we found you and look forward to growing together!

Pros

-Amazing customer service. You ALWAYS talk to a real (amazing) person, they know your name and know what they are doing.
-Easy to use. Our parents love it as much as we do! Sawyer takes care of rosters and reports while I spend time working on the business, not in the business.
-They are constantly getting better! I think is terrific that they actually use their costumer’s feedback to improve their Software, they’re genius!

Cons

-They have a few features to tweak to make it work for us. I think it’s designed for 1 person to manage all. As we grow, as a business owner I don’t want to do everything myself but I also don’t want to give all my employees access to all the financial info. I think Sawyer should develop Account Privileges a little more.

Korri F.

Best scheduling software!

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

I haven’t had any bad experiences with Sawyer! Their customer service is awesome and they keep updating their software to make it more useful and efficient.

Pros

I love being able to use this software with my clients! It has worked out really well, since I’m now able to send them direct links and they can create their own schedule and book exactly what they need to book.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to the software, but after using it for a short time I was used to it fairly quickly!