Sawyer

Class management software for kids activity providers

Karen (kate) R.
  • Industry: Events Services

Accounting and Payouts are not transparent

Reviewed on 2021/01/20

While I appreciate the ability to imbed registration on our website, there is no way to track click rates, their customer service is not at all educated on the software and we've gotten responses on average 3 weeks after the initial question is asked! Poor customer service, micropayouts are not transparent, and the cost for ticket items more than 70 usd is more expensive than eventbrite. Unfortunately I can not recommend this platform!

Pros

It can be imbedded on your website. Visually it is appealing to the purchaser.

Cons

Instead of paying out event registration income once, after the event, or one time at the end of each month, they pay out micro payments every 3 days. This renders keeping your checks and balances almost impossible, and we are currently paying extra payroll hours for our accountant to tally up each payment (We are talking about payouts as small as $1.25, when we are receiving as much as 10K a month with their platform). Can you imagine your accountant adding up all of those micropayments to hit 10K? It equates to hours of work. The whole process does not at all match industry standards and is very unrealistic for companies to handle. It's a hidden expense that makes the platform not worth the use.

Response from Sawyer

I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience at Sawyer, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this and would love to connect on how we can improve if you're open to it.

Brian M.

Love the Customer Support

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

Very positive

Pros

Customer Service, the team is very helpful and answer questions quickly.

Cons

There are some functions that are very repetitive, some copy and paste functions would really help. It would save time when listing classes and reduce errors. There does seem to be a tendency for the tech team to build new features when improving some of the base features would be more impactful.

Heather C.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Customized for our unique small business

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

Sawyer gave us the ability to go fully online with registration, attendance and is a great tool as a small business owner to help guide payroll and organize my clients.

Pros

Ease of use on the backend. Easily customize classes, coupons, view live registration in multiple locations on my phone, tablet, or laptop.

Cons

Some less than tech-savvy parents find it hard to navigate to register.
Tracking financials could be clearer.

Sarah C.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

LOVE Sawyer, huge improvement over MindBody

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Pros

Sawyer's customer service is stellar, they always respond quickly and usually are able to address the issue within a day or so.

The interface is user-friendly, both on the admin backside as well as for the parents looking for classes.

I appreciate that it looks good embedded in my website, and that each activity has an option of a direct link.

Cons

There are a few spots where I can't customize as much as I need. Particularly around summer camps.

Doc P.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Great Solution to Online Registration using Credit Card

Reviewed on 2019/08/01

Super experience, company has strong leadership and support communicates quickly and clearly. Willing to help me when priority requests made on using special features of the Sawyer Tool. I'd high recommend Sawyer Tools to any organization taking online registration for classes, events, camps, etc.

Pros

Cloud based, handles all sorts of online registration for educational programs; super support to set up and onboard; affordable; terrific support team; growing company --> adding new features to help me with online registration, class management

Cons

no training videos. Training videos on on-boarding, intro features, advanced features and troubleshooting would be helpful

Alison K.

All in one place

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

A major improvement- it was very hard to connect clients with their financial information before, because we were using 2 systems, and parent last name is often different from child's name.

Pros

I most like that Sawyer streamlined my class bookings, financials, (some) reports, and managing clients.

Cons

Sometimes I find running reports confusing or frustrating. When I want a download of all clients with birthdays and other information that helps me categorize them (birthdays are because our classes are categorized by age, and I also like to categorize them by membership or activities taken), and it's not so easy to figure out who are current members of a particular age who have taken the same activities. The activities are all listed in one category, so they are difficult to separate.

Megan L.

Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Pros

I love how easy it makes for our patrons to sign up for our classes. We used to do everything by hand, take payments over the phone.... but now this system gives the ownership of the registration process over to the patrons. It's saved us so much time. Now we can get back to the work we need to get done without wasting time over paperwork.

Cons

I feel like the process of adding semesters and activities could be streamlined a little better. And I wish we could just choose every date of our classes instead of it being an automated feature. Our schedules change quite a bit so sometimes we may have a weekly class on Mondays, but some weeks it changes to Tuesday or the start time may change. It doesn't let you fix any of that which is frustrating.

Meg R.

❤️ Sawyer Tools

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Customer service is outstanding.
I like that the confirmation emails they are automatically sent to clients when they sign up.
Software looks fresh and modern.

Pros

I’ve been running a sewing school for 14 years.
Incorporating Sawyer Tools has changed my life for the better. I was bogged down with juggling sign ups, keeping class lists current, collecting tuition, tracking financials, sending updates and notices to parents, and so much more.
Sawyer Tools takes care of all these tasks in one easy to use platform.

Cons

I would like to be able to have clients sign up and pay for birthday parties without a lot of back ad forth via emails.
I would also like to be able to edit more if the client info from my end. For instance adding student allergies , etc.

Loren G.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to implement, high credit card percentage

Reviewed on 2020/07/19

Pros

Very easy to use, excellent customer support

Cons

High credit card rate compared to other option

Response from Sawyer

Thank you so much for your review and kind words about our customer success team! We pride ourselves on a delightful user experience and easy to use product and appreciate the high marks on quality, support, and features. We currently use Stripe as our payment processing vendor which has standard rates of 2.9%+.30 per transaction. Sawyer does work with all types of educational providers to offer flexible pricing options that meet the needs of their specific industry and business. While we don't have control over the credit card processing rates, we hope that our customers do see the value of the software and product that we have built at Sawyer.

Kyle G.
  • Industry: Music

A lot of great things going for it

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

I loved that the graphics were beautiful, and that I was able to add pictures/logos to a presentable page for my families.

Cons

An automatic waitlist would be great! When a class fills up, have families enter a waitlist with their credit card info and when a space opens, the next person is automatically added and notified.

I also had trouble with adding one child to one class last year. The class was full but wanted to allow one additional student in. It turned out the only way this parent could pay was in person because the link wasn't working. I had to awkwardly bring my laptop to dismissal and take their credit card info and type it in manually. If there was a way I could create charges and forward them electronically to adults that would be much better!

Also, on the calendar, there should automatically be national holidays (and possibly religious holidays) entered in just so that people can see them on there. I found myself having to go back and forth making sure that certain dates didn't conflict. It would be even better if there was a way we could add dates that would not work (e.g. spring break or conference day). Then sawyer would automatically skip classes on the days we entered in.

Marissa F.

Best in the biz

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

This is a company that truly cares about innovating and earning their customers business. I can’t imagine using a different software. Having Sawyer really helped me grow more as a business!

Pros

Sawyer is hands-down the most functional software for activity management. It has a gorgeous interface for backend use and for our clients. The Sawyer widget really elevates the look and functionality of our website.

Cons

I do wish the display widget that clients use to register was more customizable. Membership features aren’t as developed as I need them to be which requires a few special work arounds on my part. Tech support is email only; wish there was a phone number to call.

Melanie S.

Loving the ease and customer service the most!

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Sign up is so much easier for everyone involved. Just wonderful!

Pros

Love that I get immediate responses when I have a question. I never feel like I'm left to fend for myself. Great customer service. It's really easy to operate. I can have all my teachers access their classes separately and I can see how they communicate with their students and parents. It just makes life so much easier!

Cons

I would love to have an "order books here" tab for each class. It would also be great to be able to ad a siblings discount to classes even if they don't take the same class. I would love to see "at a glance" what teacher is teaching what class and how many students are in that class.

Chelsea K.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Sawyer is the reason we were able to stay connected to families during COVID

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

Pros

Sawyer is parent-friendly and makes registering for any activity super easy, which means more registrants! If we didn't have Sawyer, we would've never been able to transition to virtual classes during COVID so flawlessly. Also, Sawyers customer service is INCREDIBLE! They've patiently helped us with any challenges we've faced and are always so positive and responsive.

Cons

Running reports that allow you to look at the exact revenue of a class, camp, or activity can be challenging if people register for more than one class, camp, or activity at the same time because they are all grouped together.

Olivia R.

Sawyer has been an incredible resource for me and has helped my business grow. It is wonderful!

Reviewed on 2017/07/05

Increased efficiency, productivity, and freed up time to focus on growing my business. Parents love the seamlessness of the registration process, and it is so easy to set things up on the back end as well.

Pros

I love the ease of use, the customer support, and the frequent upgrades they make to the service. They have a brilliant team of tech support and programmers and are extremely professional and available for all of my business needs.

Cheryl M.

Good with potential to get better

Reviewed on 2019/07/21

Every time I have a question it is answered but the answer is usually, "we are working on that function - stay tuned!".

Pros

I thought it was beautiful to use and look at and loved the design. I enjoyed the initial on boarding experience.

Cons

The software caters to companies that run camps and week long events for kids but it doesn't have options to view rosters and add kids in that way which has caused a lot of confusion and work for me this season.

Jestina E.

Oh Sawyer!

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

It has been good, we will use sawyer this school year again. Will most likely go in for another training before school starts as well.

Pros

Customer service is great, they respond well and come to you. Price is decent, good record of income.

Cons

I wish there were more features, for example, if I need all the girl 2nd graders on a list or Pk kids with allergies and it just pop up on a report that would be great.

Popi M.

Helps me focus on what I do best: Deliver Quality!

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Sawyer has been phenomenal from day 1 when the team contacted me - super professional, responsive and extremely helpful. Great team - great product. Makes my life as a small business owner soooooo much easier!

Pros

Easy to set up
Reusable plug & play widgets
Access to listings and financials
Registration and payment is taken care of

Cons

The product is constantly improving - I would like to see it be more intuitive (it already is great, just needs more ease for self-serve purposes). Overall, really enjoy having this product

Freny J.

Thank you Sawyer!!

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Sawyer helps me to get visibility! I have been able to get new customers through Sawyer.

Pros

The product is self explanatory and easy to use. It was linked to my website right away, without any major issues. The FAQ's are very helpful. The financials section helps me get a good precise review of the month.
A lot is taken care of by using the software, like send email reminders and links for classes, payment etc.

Cons

I noticed that, when I added a few more weeks to an existing semester, a few random classes were displayed as cancelled. This happened immediately after I added the weeks. Nobody had made any changes or cancellations. I figure that it was a glitch in the software. I had to go in and restore all those classes.

Annie P.

I love Sawyer!

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

EXCELLENT. I reallyyy love this platform. It's SO much better than CourseHorse and KidPass (NOT user friendly - customer service is just "good" - not great.)

Pros

It's easy to navigate, super intuitive unlike other class platforms I've used. Customer service is EXCELLENT. I also love the widget feature on my website so I can send students directly to my website to book.

Cons

I honestly love everything about it! Perhaps it would be nice to have a Sawyer app at some point so I can monitor my account on my phone. I also wish I got more marketplace leads through Sawyer, but that might be an issue on my end, not Sawyer's. But I am so happy with Sawyer!

Aden B.

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

The benefits have been great. Using this software has made me life muuuuch easier. Before I found Sawyer I was going through each individual registration form and manually logging information for each student for each class. This has made it much easier and kept it all in one place.

Pros

That it saves customers information so when they register for a continuing class it makes it super easy for the customer to reregister. Also that it saves me individual class information and I don’t have to redo it every new session.

Cons

The backend stuff can be a bit cumbersome. Sometimes it’s hard to tell which transactions will be hitting your account and when.

Sawyer review

Has helped my business

Pros

Ease for families to sign up for classes

Cons

No option for families to pay by donation

Leann W.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Perfect for Early Childhood

Reviewed on 2020/11/09

Boring days are a thing of the past! Bring educational learning to your child at home!

Pros

My daughter loves to use Sawyer and attend classes virtually. During the pandemic, it has allowed us to provide extracurricular activities to her at home.

Cons

I wish the system wouldn’t freeze up but I am not sure it’s a problem with their website or networking issue.

Brittany H.

Colorama review

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

My little company loved using sawyer as our registration platform. We received compliments from many customers on how easy it was to sign up.

Pros

It is Easy to use and as someone who is not great with technology I could actually figure it out.

Cons

Not the easiest to create new classes. I had to use customer support several times after getting buttons confused.

Raeanne B.

Makes it simple

Reviewed on 2018/08/08

Pros

My clients love that they can register or reregister in oneceasyvto navigate spot.

Cons

I wish the reports were easier to access and more self servable. Customer service always gets it to me exactly how I want but I wish I could do it in my own.

Morgan T.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Potential to be great, but not there yet.

Reviewed on 2020/08/03

Pros

Customer service is very responsive and friendly. Color scheme/design of software is nice.

Cons

A user should be able to modify dates after clients have booked but you have to remove clients first, create a new activity, and add your clients again. Very much a hassle, especially in pandemic times where dates and activities are constantly fluctuating.

Response from Sawyer

Hi Morgan,

I am so sorry that you had a less than stellar experience, that is never our intent nor our goal. We continue to evolve our products because of feedback like this so thank you for letting us know how we can improve! We'd love to connect on a few additional insights you may have, so please do not hesitate to reach out.