Document Control

Cloud-based healthcare & laboratory document control system

Heather F.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

We are a small to medium business, and this solution fits our needs perfectly.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

MediaLab Document Control allows EyeKor the flexibility it needs for reviewing, approving, assigning, tracking, approving controlled documents. It fits seamlessly within our existing systems.

Pros

This is an affordable, versatile solution, that aids in keeping all training documentation in compliance. EyeKor uses it to approve training documentation, SOPs, and manage project specific training. It manages all sizes of groups that needs training with easy and the needed flexibility for our company.

Cons

Sometimes there are too many ways to do things, or options to do things are buried too deep. I do not like that I can not require training on minor versions of documents. Many documents I receive externally, I cannot determine how they number, and then numbering on the document does not match the MediaLab number.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

It's like switching from an analog watch to a digital watch. Great tool for any lab.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

The ability to digitally store, manage, and keep track of your manuals and forms is WAY better than the old method with paper. There are multiple options on editing and modifying a document. No more are the days where you need to hound your lab director, supervisor, or employees to sign a document. The software will remind that person daily and there is a comment box that will inform what changes have been made to the document. You can also link the CAP inspection checklist to the manual so inspectors have an easier time finding the checklist item in question.

Cons

There is a learning curve to understanding and using the software. Still learning different functionalities of the software as I continually update my manual.

Jennifer T.

This is the best document control system that I have ever used for a laboratory.

Reviewed on 2018/05/29

This product simplified the review and approval process, and made true document control a reality.

Pros

Tracking of revisions and approvals is simplified by far. You can always look up retired documents for retrospective review, changes are tracked and highlighted for quick review, as are all levels of review and approvals. It's easy to get to one's to do list, and the system can be set up to send emails when there are actions for you to take.

Cons

Can't think of anything that I don't like. The vendor is responsive to requests for changes. When we have asked for changes, they have been implemented in a fairly quick timeline.

Delanda B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Overall the experience with MediaLab have been very informative

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

The experience has been great.We use the software on a daily basis. The software helps streamline the workflow of the organization and it keeps our documents in a centralized location. Employees are able to use the current version of each document. Assigning documents by groups and individual employees is also a great benefit of this system. Being able to assign compency test so Scientists and other staff members can stay informed and current is also a great benefit.

Pros

Overall, I like the system. I enjoy assigning users to review important documents. I like the assessment field and continuing education. The system helps our company with retrieving and maintaining documents.

Cons

Too many screens and it is not easy to toggle back and forth. The Help menu is also hard to get the information that you are researching.

Samantha B.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Makes document control easy

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

The system has been easy for the staff to learn and controlled permissions provide document security. I also like the fact that all your company SOPs and worksheets are in one place!

Pros

Ability to organize the documents for easy retrieval by staff. Also the ability to keep up with timely review of documents so as to maintain compliance.

Cons

Sometimes hard to find how to control permissions and access. Can usually find it, but sometimes takes a while to get it right.

Amber C.

Great software; able to customize it almost any way you like.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Assists with managing polices & procedures. Helps out document control process become more standardized, streamlined, and paperless.

Pros

User-friendly features. The help menu on the side of the screen also helps a great deal. So easy to navigate we did not have to train staff.

Cons

Online text editors are glitchy. Advise using Word documents until text editor issues are resolved.
Wish the CE Administration Module had a backup...Would like to move orientation and training into there but there is no backups performed on it.

Michael W.

Lab Procedures and Policy Tracking made "EASY"

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

With document control (if done correctly), our laboratory team can evaluate documents quickly and could identify concerns that could be used to improve the laboratory.

Pros

We enjoy the way it tracks and monitors the review and approval of documents. The flexibility of how documents can be organized. The ability to store all types of documents that could be useful for CAP Self-Inspections and CAP Inspections (Inspection Proof). We also like how the system can be used to collaborate between staff members on policies or procedures prior to sending them for approval.

Cons

The challenge was probably the initial setup. However, we were provided with good resources to help accomplish it.

Crystal C.

Easy

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

a one stop shop for all things competency

Pros

Very easy system to use, customer support has helped tremendously. I appreciate the quick feedback when an issue has arisen.

Cons

I really do not have any cons about the software. I guess I wish that you could bridge the gap between compass being used for POC and general lab.

Leslie S.

Do you like being organized?

Reviewed on 2018/05/11

Pros

Pros: We have over 1000+ documents and MediaLab helps us stay in our CAP regulations. So many functions and the staff from MediaLab is always willing to help us out.

Cons

Cons: Sometimes MediaLab can run a little slow, I'm thinking when they have updates? Although, I'm in MediaLab everyday, all day.

Richello D.

The interface is fairly easy to use, and the response time is quick.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

I find the search function to be incredibly accurate and helpful. Uploading new and revised documents is easy.

Cons

Lack of customization for reports. It would be nice if we were to be able to sort / rearrange the the document list when viewing user sign off for training.

Jane M.

MediaLab Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

Excellent experience

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and very cost effective. Easy to show that staff have reviewed since an email is sent to them each time a policy is edited.

Cons

There is not anything that I dislike about this software.

Mary alice K.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Admin and create courses for health care company

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

one-stop administering of courses.

Pros

It is easy to create custom courses and assign courses to anyone, anywhere. I love the availability to reach our ambassadors via email to let them know they have new courses and have one place to admin their yearly competencies.

Cons

The sub-administrators have difficulty navigating admin functions, as they are assigned per course.

This has been a really cost-effective way to organize our lab and maintain compliance.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

This has helped us save an entire forest of trees. It has also improved tracking of our active documents in the lab.

Pros

Prompts to log in and review documents are very helpful. It's also great to be able to see who has accessed specific documents and for how long.

Cons

The UI feels really old and is very appealing. It is also not possible to approve items in bulk (as far as I can tell).

Nekohl M.

Medialab is a good tool to utilize in inspections to organize policies and competencies.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

The ability to have staff go into the software by assigning different programs, also the ability for upper management and physicians to sign off.

Cons

It is not the easiest program to understand and it training or motivating people to begin the process is not the easiest.

Jill J.

Media Lab always helpful and responsiveness is great when I have questions.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

Easy of use, robust, inexpensive, customer support is top notch. So many features have been added over the years at the request of the customer to make functionality even better!

Cons

Downloading documents for editing and then remembering to re-upload them. Linking only in body of document they were uploaded with them.

Dan W.

Overall Performance

Very positive.

Pros

Very user friendly for the end user. Great to communicate activities to the staff.

Cons

It took me a bit to get the hang of it but with more and more use it makes sense. Not crazy about the way the functions are designed and displayed on the screen.

Sherry S.

This is a great tool for smaller groups. Flexible enough to fit most needs.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

This is a great tool for smaller groups. Flexible enough to fit most needs, and accessible remotely.

Cons

The report generation is not always specific enough when compiling metrics. We are not using it for document approval routing, only training.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Really like the software. Does a good job of keeping documents in one place and tracks every...

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Better control of approved document versions, documentation that personnel reviewed the document, Inspection Proof lets us keep all inspection documents in one place for easy inspector access.

Pros

The different modules give use better control of keeping policies/procedures in one place and helps us keep up with review requirements. Inspection Proof module is really great for organizing all our documents for inspection time.

Cons

It can be difficult to navigate and instructions are not very explicit. Setting up the correct permissions can be tricky and the system will not work as intended if not correct.

Sue S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

I love using Media Lab for our procedure document control.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Everything is was very easy to use.

Pros

I like to be able to make quick minor changes that are documented without having to be reviewed by a group of people.

Cons

I would like to be able to cut and paste from a document that I'm viewing to an email or another procedure. I cannot do that now.

Tracey O.

Nice tool

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

The current document control process is cumbersome with many steps. using the computer to facilitate CAP requirements for review by staff etc is going to be a huge timesaver

Pros

love the ease of annual review and notification to staff. Can't wait until all departments are live so that we can rely on the program in it's entirety

Cons

is a little challenging to navigate, but perhaps the more we use the more familiar it will become

Roland N.

It was so easy to uploads the documents and update them as needed.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

All documents are so easy to access / print uncontrolled copies as needed.

Pros

Easy of use, simple navigation. All the documents and SOP are so easy to be accessed when needed. Media Lab is very well designed.

Cons

N/A at this moment. It has been less than a year that my department choose Media Lab for documents control and SOP. I will update if I think of a part that I would like to see it displayed differently.

Tracy L.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Not user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

It's nice to have one place to store all our documents. Other than that, I really can't think of anything.

Cons

It is not terribly user friendly, and non-computer literate people have a hard time navigating it. I am constantly having to talk people through its use

Jonathan M.

Works... but clunky.

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Pros

All documents organized in one place
Due dates on documents

Cons

Crashes a lot
Clunky
Old interface
Back up not user friendly if you leave MediaLab

Jen D.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

I do not think Medialab is the correct program for us. It is not user friendly, to many emails

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

I don't care for it. Could have been the way it was originally set up with the other user but it is not what I am needing.

Cons

It is not user friendly in my opinion, to much going on. To many emails are sent, my doctor is not a fan

Katie S.

Pleasent thus far

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

Fairly easy to use. I like the search functonality in which it separtates the different document types.
I am just learning about its functionality for training purposes. I feel the program is fairly easy to navigate once shown how.

Cons

I would like to be able to open a document on one screen and have another part of medialab open on the other. I currently have to sign in every time I would navigate through either screen.