Guesty For Hosts Reviews

Guesty For Hosts

Running a rental business is hard. Guesty makes it easy.

Pedro
Pedro
  • Industry: Hospitality

Must have for a small property management company

Reviewed on 2022/05/18

Definitely an easy path for a new property management company or individual. If you work with a few houses, it´s the best choice in the market. I have had around 30/40 Demos within the channel manager/PMS sector and can tell you that this is the best price quality in the market.

Pros

This Channel Manager is by far the easiest we have had so far on our company. It has all the functionalities you need and very user friendly. There is only customer support via e-mail, but they normally reply within the first 24 hours.

Cons

The reason why we are thinking of changing the software is due to the automatic email/messaging. If you have direct bookings or bookings from agencies that are not connected to the channel, you will need to send messages manually. This is ok when you have a few houses, but when you grow your business, you want to optimize the operation as best as you can.

Hostfully Property Management Platform

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts

All the features at unbeatable price.
Matthew
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Using Your Porter Vs Other PMS/CM applications

Reviewed on 2021/02/18

Its a great app. Our company went through 4 other apps before settling with your porter.

Pros

-Lets start by simply putting they connect to the listings very easily/fast
-Automated MSG is a must these days and is a plus that we can send SMS or Whatsapp msg. (The Whatsapp feature would be a lot better if we didn't have to add every guest to out contacts but I do understand that not in your control).
-The task manager is also a must for cleaners and maintenance. (we don't use it as much as we should but it is a great tool to have once we get more properties)
-The integration with Booking/VRBO is also a plus. Some of the better PMS services only have airbnb and VRBO and other have over 100+ and they don't matter. sorry to say this but maybe people around the world use these very small websites to book accommodations but to me its just too small a market to even use and waste time connecting to. (Airbnb, VRBO, Expedia, Booking.com are the main ones to look for)
-Of course the calendar and timeline feature is good but every single PMS/CM has this and some are better and some are worse. They work and that's all that matters.
-The booster feature seems good but who knows if it really works. The algorithms change for all the aps to know if updating a photo here and there actually does anything. The truth is if your using any of these apps the best way to take advantage of them is to use a dynamic pricing app with them.
-Last thing...use a dynamic pricing app with this to get the best use of the calendar and pricing together. It saves time and brings in more money.

Cons

-Not a fan of the fact you need to have the default language in English. I live in France and although the app automatically changes the language, when you want to send a quick one time MSG it always sends it in English and doesn't have the option to change it to the secondary language. (at least on the mobile app).

-last is the automated msg. This has been the best feature we have used on any PMS apps and is an MUST for us going forward. Your Porters has a decent interface and is simple to use but sometimes we wish they had more A.I features that can detect keywords and auto reply. For example: We continuously get asked for our address no matter how many times its on our listing, but if the app could detect when someone askes these obvious questions it will send a msg back right away it would be PERFECT! these days more and more apps are doing this type of auto MSG and I think if Your porter continues to update this feature we will never leave.

Jeff
Jeff

Broken Vrbo Integration

Reviewed on 2023/06/12

As of this review (June 12th, 2023), I would recommend using a different platform if planning to list on sites outside of AirBnb. The bugs I experienced in my 2 weeks were too severe, slow, and difficult to resolve. I don't have a problem using buggy software until it starts affecting the basic task at hand; unfortunately, I believe Guesty For Hosts is a software that was rolled out too early and could cause more harm than good to a customer.Overall: 3/5 starsUser Interface: 3/5 stars (Mobile Included)AirBnb Integration: 4.5/5 starsVrbo Integration: 2/5 starsCustomer Support Speed/Reliability: 1/5 stars

Pros

Syncing calendars between AirBnb and Vrbo. This worked most of the time, but I did have multiple issues with Vrbo reservations lagging to show on customer-facing calendars. This led to an instance of a double booking. Ultimately, I "resolved" this issue by disabling Instant Bookings-- therefore, all reservations are filtered manually.

Cons

Guesty's integration into Vrbo is broken to put it simply. To start, it was slow to integrate as it took ~3 days of downtime before my Vrbo posting was manageable again (if you integrate before your rental season, this shouldn't be a problem). Once integrated, Guesty attempted to deploy my AirBnb listing to the Vrbo platform but botched the job as it modified the Vrbo listing to have 13 bedrooms opposed to the 2 bedrooms my AirBnb displays (AirBnb has a feature to assign pictures to each room, and somehow the 13 rooms in my house each were listed as bedrooms on Vrbo).Another issue I continue to see is that Vrbo reservation lag to update in Guesty's database (and one time not populating in the database at all). If Instant Booking is enabled and you're in a popular area, you will observe scheduling conflicts.Lastly and potentially the biggest issue of Guesty, is the limited Customer Support. There's no phone number to call and it operates on an "email ticket" basis-- so a day or two can go by before hearing back from them. This can be detrimental when mixing the previously mentioned bugs into time-sensitive scenarios. With that being said, once I was able to schedule a video call with their Customer Support, I was matched with someone who was helpful-- you can just tell they're heavily outmatched with all the issues they're receiving.

Kathy

Multi Platform User Review of Guesty

Reviewed on 2023/11/28

Guesty overall has been a top notch experience for us. We've had some technical glitches and customer service sometimes is on the slow side with today's work enviroment of too much work and not enough employees, but Guesty has done a great job overall of managing our platforms and I would highly recommend it.

Pros

Overall, Guesty is a fantastic tool. The ease of having all of our listings and information all in one place, makes the management of our listings so much easier. Guesty is also very user friendly and at the same time a very robust application.

Cons

The integration platform is at times cumbersome and sometimes confusing. Step by step directions need to be updated to match the actual integration process for each platform.

Art

Almost perfect

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Allows me to avoid double bookings by syncing across other platforms
Automated messages save...

Allows me to avoid double bookings by syncing across other platforms
Automated messages save time
Syncs nightly price and minimum stay across other platforms

Pros

Airbnb Extended connection
Booking.com API connection
Homeaway Extended connection
Message Automation to Airbnb, Booking.com and Homeaway
Airbnb price sync to Bookin.com and Homeaway with user defined markup
Very responsive tech support
Airbnb Extended connection works in restricted markets which do not permit API connections such as - Los Angeles, Montreal, Tokyo, etc.

Cons

No way to connect to Tokeet API
No ability to push prices from Tokeet to Your Porter App
Prices can only be taken from Airbnb and only than pushed to other channels
Limited message automation options

Much better overall integration in my market - Los Angeles

Simple, inexpensive, customizable
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great feature set, good value

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Overall very positive - good set of features that work well and take the effort out of listing a house(s) on multiple rental channels.

The feature set compares well with others in the market and *if* the Airbnb ranking booster works (I'm not sure it does yet, but here's hoping!) then it's worth going for YP over anything else out there just for that.

Pros

Love the automated message function which I use for automated booking, check-in and check out messages. I has saved me a lot of time and works brilliantly!

I like being able to sync prices from Airbnb to Booking.com (with a % markup to account for higher Booking.com fees).

The rating booster and auto-snooze seem like good ideas, but unfortunately I haven't seen any improvements in my ranking since I started to use.

Cons

The timeline only seems to pull in a few entries at a time before needing to make another network request to load some more - this results in repeatedly seeing the little YourPorter icon when scrolling through timeline.

The UI is also bit clunky/not very intuitive to use.

Dina
Dina

Awful platform

Reviewed on 2023/12/11

Pros

Nothing positive to say. Customer service was non-existant. They’re trying to use AI to respond.

Cons

Everything. The platform overall is poorly managed and does not connect easily with other booking platforms. Caused 3 double bookings in a week.

Response from Guesty

Hi Dina, we are sorry to hear about this experience. We would love to connect with you ASAP to help remedy this situation. We work hard to make sure all our users are taking full advantage of what we have to offer and are more than satisfied with our platform. Please provide us with your email and we will get in touch to resolve this matter.

Thanks,
The Guesty Support team

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Great value and simple interface, good app

Reviewed on 2019/10/05

Pros

Intuitive interface, good value for money, only charges per listing and allows you to list each on multiple sites (AirBnB, VRBO), income reports are easy and convenient

Cons

Glitches often when trying to change nightly rate from app, doesn't sync with AirBnB instantaneously, doesn't offer as much flexibility of when it can send automated messages, doesn't sync reservation changes with AirBnB.

Short-term hosts, start with Your Porter App

Reviewed on 2021/09/24

Pros

It allowed me to combine my previous use of multiple apps.

Cons

The user interface should be a bit more inviting and user-friendly.

• Used Weekly for Free Trial

Easiest way to manage your STR

Reviewed on 2022/01/30

Pros

The simplicity. So easy to manage and communicate with guest with just a click of a button. I love how I can sync my cleaners calendar to mine.

Cons

As of now, I haven't disliked anything!

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts

I was reffered by multiple investors who mentioned great things about this platform!
Eric
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great to manage your vacation rental

Reviewed on 2022/10/20

Great experience so far, we only have one vacation rental so this review is for Guesty for Hosts. We are acquiring more vacation rentals and will soon upgrade to the Guesty pros platform.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. You HAVE to have your Airbnb account 100% set up before you open your account in Guesty as that is the only way it moves forward with this in place as it copies all the information over for your convenience and hence you don't have to input the same information twice.Easy centralized messaging with guests. The calendar can sync with various price management tools like pricelabs.

Cons

I'd like to see the ability to create the calendar, search and payment widgets from the website menu to copy and add to your own website instead of having to embed the whole site into ours.Paypal integration would be fantastic as well.

Reasons for Choosing Guesty For Hosts

I can now say they are pretty similar. But I switched because of the auto messaging capability to be able to send at a specific hour, while Lodgify you can specify which day before, after check in etc, but not the hour on that automated task.

Ryley

Your Porter App, simple GUI and good value for money.

Reviewed on 2020/05/03

Making price changes from the channel manager rather than multiple times directly from the listing site is one of the main benefits for us. Automated messaging is also a big time saver as well.

Pros

The program has a quality user interface, and mobile app. On boarding was relatively easy as well.

Cons

Some of the integrations are still being developed and require use of the listing platforms themselves from time to time.

Guesty

Reasons for Choosing Guesty For Hosts

IGMS was difficult to use and was too costly for what we took as value from the product.

iGMS

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts

Price point and the existence of a mobile app. It was also recommended by a cleaning company we use.
Lee

Good product if you want to more effectively manage multiple channels and direct book

Reviewed on 2020/01/07

Great product for the price point. Managing availability, minimum stays, and pricing across multiple channels has been a big headache. Having a direct booking site is a big plus. Customer service is quick, and most questions are answered within a few hours.

Pros

- Rate markups are customizable by channel.
- Easy creation of direct booking website.
- Automatic messaging
- Mobile App

Cons

- Web interface is essentially the mobile app in browser...makes it clunky at times, and have nest through menus to get to where you want.
- Direct booking website doesn't seem to support different tax rates for properties in various jurisdictions. (though I may be wrong there)

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts

Price point. At scale these other platforms may be better fits...Your Porter solves my primary problem that I was looking for a PMS to solve. I had seriously considered Hostfully, but they went up significantly in price, so it made Your Porter an easy choice.
Stephen

Nice product

Reviewed on 2023/01/31

Much easier to manage the multiple channels, and seems more stable than hospitable.

Pros

Mobile first, ease of use. The platform is pretty intuitive and there is lots of good help thru their website FAQ, chat, etc.

Cons

Calendar isn't very intuitive, and can't make the week appear as Sun-Sat instead of Mon-Sun

OwnerRez

Reasons for Choosing Guesty For Hosts

Hospitable was signing me out and slow to respond.

Guesty has an app
Kent

Excellent Airbnb management tool, wish I used it sooner

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

Pros

The booking engine, automated messaging and Airbnb ranking features.

Cons

Paying $100 / year extra for the booking engine to utilise your own domain name is ridiculous in my opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Guesty For Hosts

Smartbnb didn't offer a direct booking engine, and they were more expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts

It was a much better price point and easier to use
Laila

New User

Reviewed on 2022/03/09

Overall, I'm enjoying it. There is a learning curve for setting up the automation and figuring out what works for our process. That is the hardest part.

Pros

I like the interface and the ease of use. It's user-friendly and everything is laid out for you to follow the steps.

Cons

They don't have a signature option for short term rental agreements would be the only thing missing from this software.

Amanda
  • Industry: Hospitality

Downhill features do not work customer service doesn't fix the issues or respond for days/weeks

Reviewed on 2023/05/25

POOR. Poor customer service and poor engineering to resolve bugs. The company is focused on rolling out new products instead of fixing what customers have ALREADY paid for and are not receiving!!!

Pros

If the bugs would be resolved it would be fine. Why are you rolling out new features like Guesty Capital if you can't even get your basic services right???

Cons

Bugs and disconnecting features. Pricelabs disconnects and their customer service won't get back to you for days/weeks. There are issues with their automated messaging not sending and with the lock codes not being created.

OwnerRez and Hospitable.com

Financial reporting
Diego

Very good management app for multiple properties

Reviewed on 2021/10/11

My porter app saves me so much time every week by centralizing my Vacation Rental business. This app does everything for you, auto messages on every step of the guest process. If you click all of the right buttons, and fill in all of the right information, you can truly automate (and personalize!) your host experience. I would recommend my porter app to all of my friends starting Airbnb’s. Very affordable monthly charge for the time you save, and peace of mind knowing you did not forget anything!

Pros

Cons

Set up time could be easier at times. Maybe in app classes on how to unlock more features would make the app more worth the $29/mo.

TREVOR

YOUR PORTER APP FOR MY APARTMENT RENTAL

Reviewed on 2019/11/24

REAL TIME UPDATION OF RATES AND SYNCHRONISING OF CALENDERS ACCROSS THE BOOKING SITES WHICH NOT ONLY HELP SAVING TIME, BUT ALSO HELPS IN AVOIDING DOUBLE BOOKINGS. AND OFFCOURSE HAVING MY OWN WEBSITE TO MARKET MY APARTMENT RENTALS MAKES ME FEEL I AM IN TOTAL CONTROL.

Pros

IT IS VERY USER FRIENDLY IN TERMS OF INSTALLING IT AND IMPLEMENTING IT. THEIR SUPPORT SERVICE IS QUITE HELPFULL AND PROVIDED THE REPLIES AND SOLUTIONS TO ANY QUERIES AND ISSUES WHICH MAY ARISE AT THE TIME OF IMPLEMENTATION. IT IS VERY COST EFFECTIVE AND HELPS YOU CUT DOWN TIME WHICH YOU WOULD HAVE LOST DUE TO UPDATING RATES AND AND LENGHT OF STAYS ON DIFFERENT SITES SUCH AS BOOKING.COM, HOMEAWAY. SYCHRONISING OF THE CALENDERS ACCROSS THE BOOKING SITES IS A GREAT TOOL WHICH IT HAS AND HELPS TO A GREAT EXTENT TO AVOID DOUBLE BOOKING. I NOW HAVE MY OWN WEBSITE WHICH I HAVE BUILT THRU THIS APP, WHICH WILL HELP ME IN MARKETING MY APARTMENT RENTAL. THE PAYMENT SYSTEM THRU STRIPE ACCOUNT ENSURES THAT I CAN RECEIVE PAYMENT FOR APARTMENT RENTALS ONLINE. ONLINE PAYMENT FOR MY BOOKING.COM APARTMENT RESERVATIONS CAN NOW BE PROCESSED THRU THE PAYMENT SYSTEM ON THIS APP BESIDES THE PAYMENTS FOR BOOKINGS ON MY WEBSITE CAN BE RECEIVED THRU THIS PAYMENT SYSTEM ON THIS APP. AND ONCE AGAIN IT IS A WIN WIN PROPOSITION FOR YOUR RENTAL. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANY ONE RUNNING A PROPERTY RENTAL BUSINESS

Cons

THE APP COULD HAVE A FEATURE WHERE IT IS ABLE TO HELP THE USERS/OWNER'S WEBSITE (CREATED THRU THE APP) TO BE PUSHED TO THE END USERS WHO ARE SEARCHING FOR APARTMENT RENTALS ON SEARCH ENGINES. THIS COULD HELP DRIVE SALES THRU THE OWNER'S WEBSITE CREATED ON THE APP.

Olivier
  • Industry: Hospitality

a considerable saving of time for the management of your properties

Reviewed on 2023/03/30

easy to set up, works right away. In the end it's a lot of time saved

easy to set up, works right away. In the end it's a lot of time saved

Pros

manage all properties in the same places, regardless of the platform (airbnb or booking).Send automatic messages that we personalize.

Cons

These are minor remarksthe iphone app is a bit slow to load.editing messages (on iphone) is not very practical (the window is too small)The WhatsApp, SMS part does not always work well

Smoobu

Reasons for Choosing Guesty For Hosts

lodgify was inconvenient and full of bugs

James
  • Industry: Hospitality

Must have STR management program in the palm of your hand!

Reviewed on 2021/11/24

I started with yourporter which was purchased by Guesty and it was a seamless transition. I have been extremely satisfied with this program and highly recommend it to anyone who has short term rentals!

Pros

There are so many great features in this program. It allows me to manage multiple units across several platforms and simplified the management processes whether scheduling a cleaning, changing rates and availability, prevents double booking across platforms and I’ve set up a consistent messaging to my clients. I also love the automated reviews. Saves me much time and effort and allows for effective communications with my co-host and cleaning crews. It also has an AirBnB listing booster and my rooms get consistently booked. I highly recommend using this program if you have multiple units.

Cons

I have not had any problems or issues with this program. If I could wish for anything I would ask that they integrate with other smart lock systems. I use Wyze locks which are reasonably priced and have worked very well for me. If they could add that integration I would be overjoyed.

Adam

Would have been a great choice (if it worked)

Reviewed on 2023/03/19

Horrible service, buggy product and wasted time.

Horrible service, buggy product and wasted time.

Pros

Very feature rich. Checked every box on the marketing side.

Cons

This product does not work. It is very buggy. the app is broken. There is absolutely NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! The only option is email even though it says chat and 24/7. Bull. They need to take this off the market and use Guesty for 1 property.

Hostaway, iGMS and Lodgify

Reasons for Switching to Guesty For Hosts

Because I'm a sucker for good marketing.

Response from Guesty

Hi Adam,
We are sorry to hear about this experience. I can see that you were using Guesty for Host. This review page is for Guesty for Pro, however, I would be more than happy to redirect your feedback to the relevant department from Guesty for Host. Are you able to send me your email so that we can get in touch to resolve your concerns with the app?

Michel
Michel

Made for property managers

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

I am property manager, more exactly multi host accounts manager on Airbnb + Booking + Homeaway + Trip Advisor. My job is to meet property owners, take rentals pictures, build descriptions, put listings on platforms. Each owner has his own host account on each platform. I charge a commission to owners on payouts they get from platforms. It is a win-win business with property owner. I work only in my car, I try to spend my evenings with my wife, not my laptop:)

Till now, I was working with BEDS24 to sync bookings. As my business is growing fast, informations I have to follow are now impossible to manage on a to-do list. So I decided to find a solution fitting to my business.

During 2 months, I tried ALL solutions on the markets, I say ALL and it was a real jungle:( United rentals, avantio, kigo, lodgable, uplisting, syncbnb, cloudbed, hostaway, bedbooking, guesty, bookingsync, wishbox...etc Many are based on a PMS that I don't need as my owners are directly paid by platforms. Some are only syncing calendars. Finally, I had a choice to make between UPLISTING and YOUR PORTER Your Porter wins because inactive listings are not charged and it is working on my iPad and Android phone. It is obvious that Your Porter is designed by people who are sensitive about real problems of property manager's life. So if you are a freelance property manager who needs a one stop shop in his mobile to follow all the business, don't loose your time like I did, open an account on Your Porter right

Pros

Fair price
Designed by people who are sensitive about real problems of property manager's life

Cons

Not multi language
Restrictions should limit check-in and checkout days

Neil

Best AirBNB App to Date

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Awesome.

Awesome.

Pros

AirBNB has a horrible website and app. YourPorter completely remediates the problem. Calendars are all on one screen, easily allowing you to get a view of current and upcoming reservations. If you combine this app with a good pricing tool app you will NEVER need to go to AirBNBs site again.

I force all my cohosts to use this software and I will not work with anyone that does not use it.

Cons

If you added the ability to set pricing on this tool it would be nirvana.

I don't like the way you have to scroll back to view previous reservations; it "bumps" the calendar back in 90 day increments then you have to scroll back to a more recent day. This is a very minor nitpick.

Steve

Frustrated!

Reviewed on 2023/05/14

Forced to migrate when they purchased MyVR. The past 8 months has been a loosing uphill battle. The software if full of glitches, processes are not logically developed. I feel Guesty is programers amature hour. It appears they use there money to make sure google search puts them on top of the list instead of using the money to build a solid platform.

Pros

Integration with VRBO was next to impossible.

Cons

The Software if full of glitches. Nothing works as it should. Poor customer support.