Lisa L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Keeping in Touch with the Important Stuff

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Now that companies have more employees working from home, it is so important to not feel disconnected or on your own. Being able to check in with co workers or clients instantly is so much more productive. I can reach more people with information I need so quickly. This allows me to give the best customer service I can. I can keep the customer at ease knowing that I am not making them wait and they know I am working on getting the answers they need so we can complete what they called for and get on with their day. Ending a call quickly and successfully is what makes for a great customer experience.

Pros

I really like being able to get my question to a client or a co worker quickly is extremely important in my job.

Cons

If there was the ability to have a few canned responses or FAQ to ease the effort of speaking with a client and typing at the same time would be a nice feature.

Charles T.
  • Industry: Sports

Easy way to chat through your company

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Simple, easy to learn and a great way to communicate with my colleagues.

Pros

If you use the Zoho suite, you should use Cliq. It easy to integrate and the learning curve is fast.

Cons

It work not so good with the GIFs and reaction on comment. However, if you only need to communicate like the old MSN, it does the work.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Zoho Cliq Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/13

Zoho Cliq has provided us with a way of communicating company wide. Any user is fully capable of using the serve because of user friendly the service is.

Pros

What I like most about Zoho Cliq is how effortless staying connected is with all of the features that the software offers.

Cons

What I like least about Zoho Cliq is the cost basis the software offers for each employee to use and utilize the service.

Ruby G.

It is an amazing software to interact with your colleagues on both mobile and desktop.

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

It has been good. I use it daily for all my professional communications.

Pros

Zoho Cliq is a great platform to interact with your colleagues. You can make groups and anyone can add or delete a person. You can send all types of documents and links to others easily. You can also chat with yourself and use it to save important links and docs. You can use this application on both desktop and smartphone.

Cons

Sometimes, it can be confusing between groups and channels. Otherwise, no major problem.

Elisa S.

A complete communication system

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

I like the good quality with which this chat is presented. It looks very simple in the mail but it is really very complete. The App is excellent too. The calls and video calls with a good connection are of excellent quality.

Cons

With the free version we have enough. I thought it was included with the mail but I see that it also has a paid version.

Rigger T.
  • Industry: Design

keep connected to your computer with a Cliq

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

We resolved a way to communicate and exchange content through a personalized platform

Pros

Finding a way to communicate without the conventional tools we find Cliq.
It was very easy to use, especially for people who did not handle this type of tool.

Cons

It has some errors that are then solved by Zoho. He needs more development.

Victor A.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Zoho's slack and Microsoft's Teams

Reviewed on 2019/03/31

I thought overall business use case was ok. It never really caught on with team members so we have not been using it as much. Also we are not extensively using Zoho suite so that could be the reason.

Pros

It's for quick communication and chat with team members. It also works with projects if you are dealing with multiple people. It integrates with the Zoho environment and it's cheaper than Teams that for sure. You can send files, view audio, view videos on it. Each member of the team can have their own account. Also you can create multiple threads or chat groups so that it doesn't all get mixed up. It also just works in the browser which is great. Don't necessarily have to install the software.

Cons

I thought it is still a work in progress. A bit buggy at times. It also does not have emoticons as other chat programs out there. I did have some delays between messages.

• Industry: Import & Export

A great business chat

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

It’s similar to other chat services, but it has more tools to be considered a business chat. It lets you share files, send audios and in this way, be more productive. You can use it when you’re in your email or with the app.

Cons

The app of zoho cliq should be integrated with zoho projects, so you can assign new taxes and notify by cliq.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Awesome Collaboration Tool

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Zoho Cliq is an awesome collaboration tool that can get your company working together more efficiently in a fun way. We've loved the way Cliq has helped bring teams closer together, and best of all the free version is super robust.

Cons

Cliq may not carry the same amount of clout as Slack, but it is super effective -- especially for the cost.

Leah T.

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

• Industry: Management Consulting

Well integrated, versatile and easy to use chat software

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Communicating with Zoho Cliq feels effortless and intuitive. You can chat, make video/phone calls and more.

Pros

As a Zoho One User Zoho Cliq is a no brainer. It integrates incredibly well with the Zoho Suite and it's very easy to create new integrations with Zoho Creator. What I probably like best about Cliq is the 3 column layout that allows me to chat in 3 different chats at once.

Cons

The desktop app for Mac feels a bit like a browser version and has some quirks where you need to reload the app in order for it to work.

Matt M.

Powerful, but daunting.

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Overall, It's a welcome upgrade from what we were using previously (Telegram). Our whole team is unified in one place and we're able to collaborate much more quickly.

Pros

As with all products in the Zoho One Suite, my favorite part is how deeply Cliq integrates with the rest of our tools. I get new messages for every new paid invoice, new leads in the CRM, new appointments with customers etc. It's deeply configurable and can do pretty much anything that Slack can do.

Cons

It's tedious to set up. Nothing Zoho makes is EASY out of the box. They take a bit of time to figure out and customize. Cliq is no different. We're still barely scratching the surface on what Cliq is capable of because we haven't invested the resources to figure out all the options!

Slack-like chat, much cheaper and with some useful extra features

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

We moved to Cliq from Slack, as it included all the features we needed - but we didn't have to pay for them. The chats are logged in Zoho Connect as well. We use it for project chat, updates etc.

Pros

Integrates fully into the Zoho ecosystem, cheap, allows broadsheet layout, easy to use with external users

Cons

Occasionally buggy although Zoho continue to make improvements. Not as many native integrations available off the shelf and that means having to get developers for web hooks.

Dusty B.

Group Meetings and Staying Uptodate

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

I loved that it carried over into all sections of Zoho, so I could easily stay uptodate with messages from other people in the offices, without having to keep switching to look at my emails or a different screen than I was working in. Keeps everything in one place. It also is quick to go straight to voice/video calls, and easy to make group chats with different people.

Cons

The quality of connections is not as good as other software in relation to video calls, but still alright. Nothing I would stop using it for.

Amber R.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Keeps everyone together

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

I enjoy the convenience of being able to shoot anyone in the company an IM and get real time feedback when it's needed. There is no better feeling than reliability and when I am on the phone with a client and need feedback from a colleague immediately, it's a fantastic and relieving feeling to have everyone I need at the tips of my fingers.

Cons

I don't like how lengthy it can be to set up and getting new users enrolled is a pain.

Kary R.

Business messaging with many options

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Pros

I love it, it's very complete, the calls and video calls are of great quality. You can use it with internal and external clients.

Cons

I know there is a lot of competition and the cost of this software is quite low but I think a good option would be a multi-user license. Although really the cost is quite affordable.

Kaitlin C.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Easy if you are at your desk.

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

Gives me AIM flashback. It's easy to use.

Cons

It takes a lot of convincing to get people to switch over to Cliq instead of emailing or texting information. I've worked for companies where similar IM systems were used all the time. While Cliq's features are nice, I still prefer Skype for Business.

Alex A.

Work chat made easy

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

It saves mail time and official group chats are easy to create for general and quick info sharing

Pros

Able to chat with colleagues at work and share information ASAP

Cons

Ease of use difficulty and exploration of functions may take a while

Soumya P.

Good but not impressve

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

It was good but not that efficient and impressive.

Pros

Since we have used the entire ZOHO CRM it looked easy for us to use it..its like any other app for messages.

Cons

it was not effective..messages used to deliver late.

Marcos D.

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Scott F.

Zoho Cliq is a great instant messenger

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

I get the benefit of chatting with my coworkers without leaving my applications I use on a daily basis.

Pros

works great on a desktop or laptop, it is built right into the Zoho CRM, so when I have a question for my co-workers I know they see it right away when I send them a message through Cliq

Cons

phone app either I haven't tried it or it sucks really bad. I'm not sure which it is. I hope they make it a little easier soon

• Industry: Information Services

Happy we made the switched from Slack to Cliq

Reviewed on 2020/05/12

Having one integrated solution across our company with all the Zoho products has been helpful. So far so good. There are a few things we miss from Slack but nothing that's a deal-breaker. The ability to integrate Bots and other Zoho services into Cliq is valuable like the Zoho Notebook and Taz, very helpful. Also, the deskbot integration so I can see all the Desk summaries from the entire team.

Pros

Since we integrated several Zoho products into our daily use it has helped streamline communications and integrate solutions into our e-Commerce website. Cliq allows us to search history without limits on messages and the "fork split" feature allows you to fork off a conversation into its own so it's easier to keep track.

Cons

The reply to post feature is nice but it's not as good as creating threads like Slack does to track one conversation so you have to get used to forking the conversations to keep them together. It's a good solution but I prefer the create thread feature in Slack. Also having to PIN contact names to quickly send DM isn't the best. I'm not sure why other users aren't listed in Contacts.

The only other least favorite thing is how difficult it was for external users to access channels. You have to know in advance if a channel will need to be accessed by someone outside the organization.

Rick P.
  • Industry: Design

Solid team chat/collaboration app with an extensive development backend for customizations

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I was impressed with the opportunities for developers but not with the UX.

Pros

Cliq integrates well with other Zoho apps, particularly helpful in Contact.

All the basic chat and collaboration features are there in a familiar user interface.

It's possible for advanced users to create extensions, custom integrations, bots, and commands with a powerful development backend and make these customizations available throughout your organization and team.

Cons

Unless you're already using a bunch of Zoho apps there's no reason to switch from Slack, Flock, or Asana, which area already mature platforms.

Compared to these other apps, particularly Flock, the UI is a bit obtuse and hard to get a clear overview of. I particularly disliked the double panes within a chat window (opening the settings for a bot, for example).

Anyugel M.

Very goos tool to communicating with my work team

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

I love using this program every day. The truth is that it facilitates communication with my team and also allows me to send us quick files if necessary at the moment. Also, if they are distracted in other activities, it notifies them that someone wants to talk to them. So it really is a great tool

Cons

I consider that the negative of the tool is that sometimes it is slow to load the files that need to be sent immediately. But the rest is perfectly functional and wonderful

Sean M.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good and inexpensive alternative to Slack

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

Zoho Cliq makes inter-office meme wars and GIF wars a reality, and is a solid cheap (or free) alternative to Slack.

Pros

My team and I have really enjoyed using Cliq. We started using it as a free alternative to slack (we liked the free features of this more than Slack's free offering), but we've ended up finding it really fun to use as a chat tool. GIF and emoji (or live Zomojis as they're called here) make chats pretty fund (and sometimes more time consuming than they need to be!). Channel management is easy too.

Cons

You won't find as many integrations here as you'll find with other offerings like Slack or Quip, so as a collaboration tool it's not quite as strong.