Zoho Cliq Reviews

Zoho Cliq

Team communication software

4.5/5 (41 reviews)

Well integrated, versatile and easy to use chat software

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Communicating with Zoho Cliq feels effortless and intuitive. You can chat, make video/phone calls and more.

Pros

As a Zoho One User Zoho Cliq is a no brainer. It integrates incredibly well with the Zoho Suite and it's very easy to create new integrations with Zoho Creator. What I probably like best about Cliq is the 3 column layout that allows me to chat in 3 different chats at once.

Cons

The desktop app for Mac feels a bit like a browser version and has some quirks where you need to reload the app in order for it to work.

Slack-like chat, much cheaper and with some useful extra features

Reviewed on 2018/09/26

We moved to Cliq from Slack, as it included all the features we needed - but we didn't have to pay for them. The chats are logged in Zoho Connect as well. We use it for project chat, updates etc.

Pros

Integrates fully into the Zoho ecosystem, cheap, allows broadsheet layout, easy to use with external users

Cons

Occasionally buggy although Zoho continue to make improvements. Not as many native integrations available off the shelf and that means having to get developers for web hooks.

Arlene W.

Can send a chat instead of using my phone to send a text. Sometimes it's faster.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

Not just for chatting. Can send and view audio and videos, Send shared files and each team member can have their own account.

Cons

If I had to choose one thing I like least it would be I would like to see more emoticons. I like using them so more variety would be nice.

Dusty B.

Group Meetings and Staying Uptodate

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

I loved that it carried over into all sections of Zoho, so I could easily stay uptodate with messages from other people in the offices, without having to keep switching to look at my emails or a different screen than I was working in. Keeps everything in one place. It also is quick to go straight to voice/video calls, and easy to make group chats with different people.

Cons

The quality of connections is not as good as other software in relation to video calls, but still alright. Nothing I would stop using it for.

Chris R.

Favorite tool in a Fully Featured Suite

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Staying up to date on current projects and communicating with my team has never been easier. I recommend to my colleagues all the time!

Pros

Quick and easy communication. Segmented to channels to keep things organized. Well made and designed clients for Desktop and Mobile use!

Cons

Can feel a bit bloated at times. There are plenty of settings to fiddle with but I haven't had the need to.

Ruby G.

It is an amazing software to interact with your colleagues on both mobile and desktop.

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

It has been good. I use it daily for all my professional communications.

Pros

Zoho Cliq is a great platform to interact with your colleagues. You can make groups and anyone can add or delete a person. You can send all types of documents and links to others easily. You can also chat with yourself and use it to save important links and docs. You can use this application on both desktop and smartphone.

Cons

Sometimes, it can be confusing between groups and channels. Otherwise, no major problem.

Lea W.

Great option for communicating with your team!

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Pros

Zoho Cliq is an easy-to-use communication and collaboration tool. It has a free version, which has worked just fine so far! The chat tool also has an app - both of which have nice interfaces.

Cons

One issue I've encountered is periodic delays between messages arriving and showing on the web platform vs. through the mobile app.

Anyugel M.

Very goos tool to communicating with my work team

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

I love using this program every day. The truth is that it facilitates communication with my team and also allows me to send us quick files if necessary at the moment. Also, if they are distracted in other activities, it notifies them that someone wants to talk to them. So it really is a great tool

Cons

I consider that the negative of the tool is that sometimes it is slow to load the files that need to be sent immediately. But the rest is perfectly functional and wonderful

Amber R.

Keeps everyone together

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

I enjoy the convenience of being able to shoot anyone in the company an IM and get real time feedback when it's needed. There is no better feeling than reliability and when I am on the phone with a client and need feedback from a colleague immediately, it's a fantastic and relieving feeling to have everyone I need at the tips of my fingers.

Cons

I don't like how lengthy it can be to set up and getting new users enrolled is a pain.

Scott F.

Zoho Cliq is a great instant messenger

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

I get the benefit of chatting with my coworkers without leaving my applications I use on a daily basis.

Pros

works great on a desktop or laptop, it is built right into the Zoho CRM, so when I have a question for my co-workers I know they see it right away when I send them a message through Cliq

Cons

phone app either I haven't tried it or it sucks really bad. I'm not sure which it is. I hope they make it a little easier soon

Matt M.

Powerful, but daunting.

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Overall, It's a welcome upgrade from what we were using previously (Telegram). Our whole team is unified in one place and we're able to collaborate much more quickly.

Pros

As with all products in the Zoho One Suite, my favorite part is how deeply Cliq integrates with the rest of our tools. I get new messages for every new paid invoice, new leads in the CRM, new appointments with customers etc. It's deeply configurable and can do pretty much anything that Slack can do.

Cons

It's tedious to set up. Nothing Zoho makes is EASY out of the box. They take a bit of time to figure out and customize. Cliq is no different. We're still barely scratching the surface on what Cliq is capable of because we haven't invested the resources to figure out all the options!

Sean M.

Good and inexpensive alternative to Slack

Reviewed on 2018/10/08

Zoho Cliq makes inter-office meme wars and GIF wars a reality, and is a solid cheap (or free) alternative to Slack.

Pros

My team and I have really enjoyed using Cliq. We started using it as a free alternative to slack (we liked the free features of this more than Slack's free offering), but we've ended up finding it really fun to use as a chat tool. GIF and emoji (or live Zomojis as they're called here) make chats pretty fund (and sometimes more time consuming than they need to be!). Channel management is easy too.

Cons

You won't find as many integrations here as you'll find with other offerings like Slack or Quip, so as a collaboration tool it's not quite as strong.

Kary R.

Business messaging with many options

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

Pros

I love it, it's very complete, the calls and video calls are of great quality. You can use it with internal and external clients.

Cons

I know there is a lot of competition and the cost of this software is quite low but I think a good option would be a multi-user license. Although really the cost is quite affordable.

Mario C.

A business chat

Reviewed on 2018/04/01

Pros

I like that you can have a complete way of communication, not only by texts, you also have voice calls or video calls, it is excellent to always keep your colleagues in touch.

Cons

I also like that it is integrated into the mail, I can tell you many positive things about this software. It is very very good.

Charles T.

Easy way to chat through your company

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Simple, easy to learn and a great way to communicate with my colleagues.

Pros

If you use the Zoho suite, you should use Cliq. It easy to integrate and the learning curve is fast.

Cons

It work not so good with the GIFs and reaction on comment. However, if you only need to communicate like the old MSN, it does the work.

7.0/10

Value of Money with 5 star service

Reviewed on 2018/09/01

Pros

There are a lot of application that offers security and accessibility whenever you communicate with business partners, clients., subordinate or teams. But this application defer with the affordable plans they can offer. Specially when you are a newly established group and wanted to start low. This would be exurity, functionality, accessibilty and value of money all wrapped in one.

Cons

The least thing I like is if you are not acclimated with the app you really have to go through the process of learning its in and outs, work arounds and technical issues you may encounter. Which I have not encounter so far!

Jorge S.

Business chat

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/06/01

Pros

Having access to your mail and at the same time a chat with which you can be in contact with your colleagues is a very efficient way to always maintain communication with your team. It is quite fast and easy to use, it has many communication options and you can also invite users outside the organization.

Cons

What if it were also integrated into the ZohoMail app. Just as a suggestion to unify apps. Could be a good improvement.

Elisa S.

A complete communication system

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

I like the good quality with which this chat is presented. It looks very simple in the mail but it is really very complete. The App is excellent too. The calls and video calls with a good connection are of excellent quality.

Cons

With the free version we have enough. I thought it was included with the mail but I see that it also has a paid version.

Kaashif H.

very simple to use. very hands on software. simple to navigate

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

we are able to track all records of actioned and not actioned tickets and see a trail of responses easily.

Pros

the ability to easily interact with clients and with current users in our workgroup. the feature of controlling clients PC without the need for a third party software

Cons

we cannot group tickets under client name. ticket system is messy and ticket order is not understood.

Matthew U.

Great Communication tool for our staff

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

Easy to implement and roll out - Quickly helped our team stay in touch

Cons

Some functionality is not intuitive but that is expected from a product with as many options as Cliq has

Kristina J.

Zoho Cliq

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

I am able to switch between conversations quickly, which allows me to do multiple things at once. Also the fact that you can have joint conversations make doing projects and just communicating with a group so much easier.

Pros

The fact that you can have multiple conversations opened up at once in the same screen.

Cons

Honestly there really is not something that I do not care for, the software is great!

Great tool for internal communication

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Just keeping everyone connected and on the same page is crucial.

Pros

We use the entire suite of Zoho products, so it's very convenient to have the chat function built into the
platform. Means less tabs open on my computer.

Cons

I miss the giphy feature that I used when my company used Slack. It was great for injecting some levity into company communication.

Rick P.

Solid team chat/collaboration app with an extensive development backend for customizations

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I was impressed with the opportunities for developers but not with the UX.

Pros

Cliq integrates well with other Zoho apps, particularly helpful in Contact.

All the basic chat and collaboration features are there in a familiar user interface.

It's possible for advanced users to create extensions, custom integrations, bots, and commands with a powerful development backend and make these customizations available throughout your organization and team.

Cons

Unless you're already using a bunch of Zoho apps there's no reason to switch from Slack, Flock, or Asana, which area already mature platforms.

Compared to these other apps, particularly Flock, the UI is a bit obtuse and hard to get a clear overview of. I particularly disliked the double panes within a chat window (opening the settings for a bot, for example).

Rachel J.

Communication via Cliq is easy!

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

Pros

Easy to download and use
Contacts can be grouped for specific conversations

Cons

It logs you out after a certain amount of time and you cannot see pending messages when logged out. Texting is just as fast and more noticeable. I like Cliq but I don't think it is as vibrant as it could be. You have to be at the desk to have the benefits of Cliq.

5.0/10
Rigger T.

keep connected to your computer with a Cliq

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

We resolved a way to communicate and exchange content through a personalized platform

Pros

Finding a way to communicate without the conventional tools we find Cliq.
It was very easy to use, especially for people who did not handle this type of tool.

Cons

It has some errors that are then solved by Zoho. He needs more development.