YourVirtuoso

Administration & marketing tools for music & dance studios

Joan P.

I've been using YV since 2007. It has been a good experience overall.

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Pros

The back office is wonderful, easy for myself and my administrative assistant to use. The client and prospective tracking is indispensable to me, as I have quite a large mailing list after 10 years.

Cons

The website needs to be updated. I would like to be able to put streaming videos on the main page. And make it easier for my clients and prospectives to navigate the website. It also would be nice to have the capability to use automated emails with this software...I pay to have that done with another company.

Response from SimplySignUp

Hi Joan,
Thanks.
Send me a Help ticket and I can explain how to add videos to your site. There is a help document too if you want to look there.
I assume you are looking for a series of mailings that go out automatically when a prospect fills out a contact us form? As you know, you can schedule mailing in YourVirtuoso, and there is one sent on an initial contact. There are workarounds for sending a series of emails, but they are not fully automatic.
Regards,

Kari R.
  • Industry: Music

Mostly fine, improving. Still somewhat unwieldy.

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

It saves me time and gives my customers autonomy in making payments.

Pros

It continues to improve through regular updates. I can get and manage all the information I need (provided I don't encounter bugs, which has happened a few times). Taking payments through the website is much easier than processing personal checks. The Music Together template drop-down menus make more sense than they used to.

Cons

The template is still difficult for my customers to navigate. I don't like that potential customers have to create a profile just to sign up for a demo class. I am suspicious of those types of situations myself, as I'm always afraid I'll wind up getting spammed to death. There are still bugs sometimes. I really wish there was an option to include a blog page. The whole thing is somewhat pricey.

Response from SimplySignUp

Hi Kari,
Thanks for the review and comments.
It might be good for us to work on those Cons a bit, so feel free to issue a help ticket. The "Try a Class" feature does not require a signup, so perhaps you are creating special classes and asking families to enroll in them as they would a regular class?
We can also support a blog on the site if you set one up with a free account at blogger.com for example.

Pamela R.

Great service!

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I have used Your Virtuoso for many years. It is an invaluable part of my studio bookkeeping. I find it easy to set up and schedule my classes and great for keeping up with reports, attendance, and finances. My customers also find Your Virtuoso easy to use. Most of them use it for their online payments for my studio classes. Registrations are straightforward and payments are simple. Whether for an extended studio or Kindermusik only, I highly recommend Your Viruoso!

Pros

Ease of use and great tech support.

Cons

Kindermusik no longer uses it as one of their main reporting softwares. They developed their own in house version. This complicates things a bit, but not enough to stop using YV!

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks so much for the great review Pam.
We really appreciate it.

Meredith G.
  • Industry: Music

I have used YV for almost 10 years. It is a very reliable product and is easy to get up &...

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

All-in-one product for maintaining customer data as well as marketing.

Pros

The customer service is stellar. If I can't figure out how to do something my concern is addressed promptly. The developer encourages suggestions for improvement, and the software is updated regularly.

Cons

Creating attractive newsletters/templates is a bit challenging unless you have a HTML/coding background. It would be nice to have a broader selection of ready-made templates to choose from for mailings.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Meredith,
Glad you are happy with our support and the setup process.
I will be assessing the templates for marketing emails again soon, so we hope to have some more nice options to add.

Heidi D.
  • Industry: Music

I can't imagine using any other service!

Reviewed on 2016/10/07

I have been using Your Virtuoso for many years, and it just keeps getting better and better. Gerry is very prompt in helping with any issues or questions I have. My music business has a beautiful website that takes care of all of my needs from providing information to prospective families, to accepting card payments, to keeping track of tax information (absolutely invaluable at tax time!). There are so many features to the website---too many to list. It is a great value for what is provided. I cannot imagine finding any other service that would provide all of this in one place. I am a happy customer since 2007! Thank you!!!

Pros

Ease of use, many features

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Heidi,
You made my day!

Rachel L.

Your Virtuoso

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I have been with YourVirtuoso for 8 years now. It has undergone many improvements and upgrades which has helped to make it easy to use. The structure is somewhat limited, however for price you can't beat it. YourVirtuoso handles all of the back office things as well as providing reports etc that help you run your business better.

Pros

Very inexpensive and does a good job of providing reports and credit card processing services.

Cons

Very limited on presentation of website.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Rachel.
Glad you are enjoying the features of YourVirtuoso.
If you have some nice website designs you have seen, please feel free to contact us through the help system and provide a few links. We periodically do template updates and would love to know what you are looking for.
Regards,

Shay R.
  • Industry: Music

Great help for my business

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

Your virtuoso is running my business website and doing a great job. through them our costumers get easy acces to their information on-line and can make changes payments and more.
for me as an owner it is a great way to communicate with my costumers, collect money and run reports
it makes life so easy !

Pros

easy to use
reliable

Cons

not so much up to date

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Shay,
I am waiting impatiently for the release of the updated templates too!

Jack L.

We've used Your Virtuoso for several years, and it was innovative when it came out.

Reviewed on 2017/11/19

Pros

It's familiar and functional - it allows us to easily post classes, manage registrations and billing.

Cons

It hasn't been updated in at least 2 years, technical support basically says "we don't support that feature becuase it really isn't needed", and the backend class scheduling + order processing is regularly unvailable when I'm trying to schedule classes.

Response from SimplySignUp

Hi Jack,
Thanks for the feedback. I took a look at your trouble tickets and emails from the last year or so, and I think the feature you were looking for was the mobile App. Maybe we should discuss it further? There is still an interesting trade-off between App and mobile optimized website, and I still think we, and you, are best served by an HTML solution. The landscape is changing however, so I am open to being convinced.

On the availability question. As you probably heard, we recently moved the system to a new server solution, and while we are still optimizing it, we are at 99.9% availability at this point. I hope we can meet your objectives there as we move forward. I would like to add another "9" to that figure.

Susan S.

Good but needs tweaking

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

Good but needs tweaking. Recently I've had many families tell me they cannot find my schedule on the website I also see that it is difficult to view all classes from the website just to browse to see where classes are offered and on what day even if the classes are full. I've also had several instances where at the website allowed 13 children to be registered in a class where the default maximum was set for 12. In those instances I've had to call those families and tell them that they was a glitch with the website and that we are only allowed a maximum of 12 children per class. I've also tried to update my biography information and teacher information but can't seem to find a way to make that happen. I wanted to edit information for one of my teachers but also could not get the edit button to work.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks for the review Susan.
We are making a change soon to make sure the class list shows even earlier in the typical browsing flow. That should remove any difficulty there.
That 1 extra in class question comes up from time to time, and it is a trade off we had to make when a family with 2 kids wants to enroll in a class with one open spot. The feedback we have to date is that most (but not all) educators would prefer to get the 2 enrollments.
Let me know if the bio editing is still an issue. It should not be a problem unless, perhaps, you were pasting from a MS Word document which can cause HTML style conflicts.
Thanks again,

Marilee E.
  • Industry: Music

Great online enrollment and support.

Reviewed on 2016/10/13

My overall experience with YourVirtuoso has been very positive. Although do not take advantage of all the features it offers, I am very pleased with the enrolling options it offers my students. I am a very small studio and so I am gradually learning about some of the feature that could be a benefit to me. The couple of times I have had to correspond with Gerry I have received a helpful and timely response.

Pros

The enrollment feature is great as is the record keeping for payments and balances.

Cons

It took me a little bit of time learning how to negotiate the software.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Marilee

Ann H.

Great for beginners!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I had never run a business and I was not computer literate when I began using Your Virtuoso. The initial set up of my website was a bit of a "nail-biter" for a nervous person like me, but the instructions were clear and concise. What I really love is the technical support that I receive. If I ever have a problem I just send a message and it is answered almost immediately. I would recommend your Virtuoso to anyone whether you are experienced or not. It has helped make running a business a less daunting experience.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Ann!
Glad we were able to make some of the challenges of starting/running your own studio business more manageable.

Kate B.

Rough Start but Great Finish and You are Winning the race.

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

It was a tough roll-out and conversion, but things have really improved. I look forward to learning more about the changes in support and the new email templates. I appreciate customer rep efforts to enhance support and add features like the Coupon Codes. SUGGESTION: I REALLY wish the Music Together Templates were MORE FLEXIBLE in terms of organizing the Navigation (main level and Sub Level).

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Kate,
Good suggestion on editing navigation. We allow customization of the "About" main menu but beyond that you will currently need to make use of links to customize the site flow.

Heather H.

Gracenote Family Music

Reviewed on 2016/10/07

Overall, my experience with YourVirtuoso is positive. The value for the money is nice, but I have some trouble using the administrative site and several customers jave complained about how complicated it is to register on the website.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks for the review Heather.
I'll see what can be done on the family registration side, but we do need more that basic family info to get them enrolled. Any suggestions would be welcome of course.

Rebecca D.

Quick review of YourVirtuoso

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I have used the basic level of YourVirtuoso for many years. It was a great way to transition from old record keeping to the specific business online management that I really needed. I've appreciated the responsiveness of Gerry and the team throughout my time with YV.

Pros

Focus on Kindermusik specifics

Cons

Basic level is not adaptable to my specifics. I know that I can upgrade, but the cost is a concern.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Rebecca!
Understand the cost issue, but at $29.95 I still believe it pays for itself in no time ;-)

Helen P.

Your Virtuoso does everything I need it to do and the team is responsive to any issues...

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Pros

The reasonable price point. It does so much of what most systems do for less than 1/2 the price! It comes with a merchant account, completely secure, very flexible and easy to use.

Cons

There are some accounting issues. Once the tuition is set in the system if adjustments need to be made it is a multiple step process.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Helen,
I appreciate the feedback.

Sherri S.

Good for a Small Studio

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

I have been using the product for 5 years and it does what it needs to for me. I would love to have the option for parents to print their own invoices for tax purposes, as this takes up a lot of admin time. Customer support is awesome, Gerry gets back to you almost immediately. I had a problem a little while ago and they were very patient with waiting for some information. Great system for a small studio!

Pros

Cons

No way for clients to print own invoices

Response from SimplySignUp

Sherri,
Did you try the mailing variable we added. I believe this would allow you to send an automatic email to all your customers annually with the tax information they need.

Erica R.

Virtuoso review

Reviewed on 2016/10/11

We love Virtuoso because we can keep track of all of our students, which classes they are in, and payments all in one place. We can even have our families on auto pay!

Cons

It takes a week to two weeks to get payments deposited into our bank account. Really slow for cashflow.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Erica.
I'm always looking for ways to speed up that settlement process, but so far I have only found solutions that would be much higher fees - I'll keep looking :-)

Colleen L.

Mixed Feelings

Reviewed on 2016/10/12

From a back end use standpoint, the program has a lot of desirable features and isn't overly difficult to use. From a user standpoint, the product is bulky and I regularly find myself helping customers find what they need on our website. I can't manipulate the template and fix those issues, nor can I have a back end designed to visually match a self-created front end so it's hard to find a solution to the user issues. I do like the variety of choices in the mailing feature but the constant need to save and then revisit material is time consuming and it is difficult to make it visually stimulating. The reporting, though, is excellent.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Colleen,
I do hope the new templates provide the customer experience you are looking for when they are released. Let me know,

Rebecca L.

YourVirtuoso for Kindermusij

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I have used yourvirtuoso for my independent Kindermusik business for several years. I would say customer support is the greatest feature. They respond immediately to any questions I have had.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks so much Rebecca.

Tricia M.

Love YourVirtuoso

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I have used YourVirtuoso since I opened my studio in 2007. After taking the time to learn the system it has been wonderful for me. Customer service is prompt and professional when I have a question. It takes care of registering students, collecting automatic payments, scheduling and sending emails, and all my record keeping. It may take a little time to become familiar with the system, but the help is there and I have found it to be a great value. I never worry about it doing the job I need to make my business function!

Pros

It does what I need for my business - online enrollments, automatic payments, class lists and attendance, scheduled emails, and keeps all my records as well as provides a good professional website

Cons

It can be tricky to learn how to use

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Tricia!

Joy G.

Your Virtuoso is a Solid Choice

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I have used Your Virtuoso for a number of years as the owner of a Kindermusik Studio ranging in size between 200 and 300 students typically. I was elated when Your Virtuoso was originally released. It immediately made my life (and especially taking student registrations) tons easier. Suddenly I had registrations coming in overnight, without my having to do anything in terms of entering or even processing them. I find the account tracking, reports, rosters, and most of the registration components to be incredibly useful and have stayed with Your Virtuoso all these years as a result. It is a solid choice for a reasonable price, and I would certainly recommend that Kindermusik studios give it a look. I understand that the newest version also allows for online registration for makeups and even preview classes, additional features that I think are incredibly useful. My main issues with Your Virtuoso are that we often have problems with our emails being blocked since they show as being sent by Your Virtuoso rather than directly from us. I also needed a more customizable registration form over time as well as a different layout for the screens that parents see when they login.

Pros

features
online registration
online makeup scheduling
online preview scheduling
setup for automated payments

Cons

emails often get blocked when sent through Your Virtuoso
need a more customizable registration form and don't like the screen and pdf enrollment confirmation that parents get when they register online themselves

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Joy,
Glad YourVirtuoso is simplifying things for you.
Any suggestions on the confirmation pages? We can change those as long as it works for everyone.
Email deliverability is a constant challenge of course. Are there particular customers that have problems?
The pages the parents see are much better, mobile friendly, and more customizable in the new Version 3 if you wanted to look at upgrading?
Thanks again,

Kathleen E.
  • Industry: Music

The customer support is outstanding. There is a learning curve and I'm still not a master.

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

As noted before, it has made my life so much easier. Oh, another benefit is the ease with which I can submit my class lists. I used to do that manually. Egad!

Pros

That it tracks my registrations and that folks can pay online. Also the ease with which I can contact someone for support.

Cons

The mailing function is not as easy as it could be. I probably need assistance to make my messages look professional and there don't seem to be as many options with the new marketing materials. But that is probably just ME.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Kathy,
I'll be looking at mailing templates again soon.
Hope we can tune that up for you then.

Nancy H.
  • Industry: Music

Great product for registrations and "back office" detail.

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

I have been using YV for several years now. The initial use and set up took some time, but I know the product well and probably don't even utilize all that it has to offer. Whenever I have had any issue, I have always gotten a quick response.

Pros

It has become much easier to use since I first started using the product. The upgrades have always been an improvement.

Cons

No specific cons for me. When I have any issue, I contact the support available and have always had success. They have even done the steps necessary to add "buttons" or videos to a page for me since I am not that technical.

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks Nancy!

Kristine D.

We love Your Virtuoso

Reviewed on 2016/10/08

After ten+ years of paying a developer to manage our website we started using Your Virtuoso. What a savings in time and money! We can make instant changes to our teacher bios instead of saving up enough changes for our developer's 15 minute minimum. There's a make-up class feature built in too which is great because we used to pay for another make-up scheduling website in addition to our regular website.

The accounting portion works really well for tracking different types of tuition and enrollments - easy peasy! I also love that I don't have to do a vendor credit card security class every year as Your Virtuoso is in charge of that portion as well and I no longer have to hire my former web-developer every year to make sure we're compliant.

It does take a little time to figure out the system but once you get used to it, it makes running a Music Together center a breeze! Your Virtuoso is not custom designed to each center's specific needs but the overall application and features makes the service EXCELLENT value. I'm so glad I switched to Your Virtuoso.

Jan B.
  • Industry: Music

A learning adventure but well worth it

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

I find the features very comprehensive yet it is not as easy to use or as intuitive as I would like. I like the new Help button on the bottom of the pages to review solutions or contact the owner.

Pros

wide range of functions

Cons

not as easy to use as I would like

Response from SimplySignUp

Thanks for the review and feedback Jan.
We are working on some ideas for the Mailing system, so your thoughts are timely.