Ticket Tailor Reviews

Ticket Tailor

Event ticketing for events of all sizes. Low fees. No fuss.

Damian
Damian

Wouldn't consider anything else

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

Pros

The best and very affordable online ticketing platform. Highly recommended

Cons

A bit more customisation on questions would be ideal but doesn't detract from a great product.

Edward
  • Industry: Music

For the independent musicians

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Overall, very pleased with the software and no major qualms other than the ticket customization. Very low learning curve, quick money deposits, relatively inexpensive fees and can always reach out to their team if needed.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and how simple it is to setup a store front for tickets. Super quick set up time and very accessible to manage and make quick edits if needed

Cons

I dislike the fact that we cannot customize the look of our tickets and rather are stuck with the default 'QR' coded squares that are the printable 'tickets'. We would like to see something that allows us to be creative with the presentation of our tickets and make them feel like actual concert tickets

Ron
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used for 1-5 months

Decent product

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Pros

Simple to understand and use. Not complicated with unnecessary features.

Cons

Constant marketing emails and offers, surveys etc.

Archimedes
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

First time user, very pleased.

Reviewed on 2022/07/25

With Ticket Tailor we can now accurately track how many people register for an event, and compare that to how many people actually attend the event. We can now also collect emails efficiently for producing distribution lists of attendees for thank you notes and future marketing of events.

Pros

I loved how I can have the flexibility of making the tickets either free or to determine the cost, and to factor in the additional fee for processing through Ticket Tailor.

Cons

Not being able to list specific names under one singular party. That made checking people in a little less specific than I would have liked.

Reasons for Switching to Ticket Tailor

Slightly cheaper processing fees and the electronic method of checking people in with Tazotix.
John

First Time user that will be back

Reviewed on 2021/09/13

Great experience! We will use Ticket Tailor again for future events.

Great experience! We will use Ticket Tailor again for future events.

Pros

As a first time user of a ticketing event software platform I really appreciated the logical layout of setting up and the ease of use. Responses from customer service were always prompt and detailed. I like that while there were many other functions we didn't use (Seating charts, group notifications, ect) that we didn't have issues with just using the ticket tracking and sales functionality.

Cons

I'd like to have had the opportunity to more directly link non-support payment systems (Venmo) with the Offline payment. Mind you we didn't have any issue having people pay that way but being able to link more payment systems would have been a nice to have

Brown Paper Tickets and Eventbrite

Reasons for Switching to Ticket Tailor

In the reviews we did I like the smaller company feel of Ticket Taylor, made ups feel like we would be seen as a valued customer not just another revenue stream. In addition the price was the best for the services we needed.
Doug
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy to use, fair price too

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Ticket Tailor is a great way to set up and promote my art workshops - it's easy both for me and my customers.

Pros

It is very easy to set up events using Ticket Tailor - and the pricing feels fair and is flexible too. I love that you can pause your membership to suit you.

Cons

No current issues, I am happy with the way the software performs, with the set up and the price I pay too.

Tom

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

I enjoy the versatility in ticket options and being able to control multiple discounts and voucher codes at ease.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and if you are having trouble, the customer support is very quick and thorough on responding!

Cons

To be honest, I can’t think of a con. I found this site to be the most user friendly amongst two other major sites.

Brown Paper Tickets and Eventbrite

Reasons for Switching to Ticket Tailor

Less fees and hassle. We also get the money upfront!
James
  • Used for 1+ year

Love the Ticket Tailor!

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Pros

Needed a simple solution to my performance ticketing that's quarterly so not super intense or urgent. Ticket Tailor fills the role perfectly for my non-profit.

Cons

Isn't as intuitive as I'd like but when you're dealing with a bunch of different types of events and venues, you have to expect there'll be extra hoops to jump through.

Craig
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Feature packed, easy to use & great for charities

Reviewed on 2021/09/09

The learning curve was not steep at all. Within an hour I had my first test event created. The knowledge base is easy to navigate. The support team via the chat bot are very responsive, with all questions answered to my satisfaction within a matter of minutes. Furthermore, their discount for charities is to be applauded as every little saving on expense means more to distribute to local charitable causes.

Pros

Key features I like
- Mutliple ticket types and groups
- Numerous branding options
- Customisation of the ticket checkout process and tickets themselves
- Ability to use HTML for event description
- Promo codes
- Option to ask for a voluntary donation during the ticket purchase
- Management of ticket refunds

Cons

- Whilst they support the venue location being a set of geo co-ordinates, this would be better as a separate input (i.e. you can choose either postcode or geo co-ordinates as the venue address basis, rather than entering the geo co-ordinates into the venue name - as you then lose the ability to name the venue place)
- The HTML editor could be improved to support either external, internal or inline CSS

TicketSource and Eventbrite

Reasons for Switching to Ticket Tailor

Primary reasons - Clear pricing - Configuration features and simplicity - Charities discount - No commitment
Ross

STable, Reasonable Product

Reviewed on 2020/12/19

I found this a simple, far more helpful produce that Eventbrite. Evenbrite is hopeless for my older clients in terms of online events -

Pros

This software took a while to set up with a hiccup or 2 from my end. I was using it to cater for a group of seniors who usually struggle with many things on line. I was able to issue 500 tickets smoothly. A few unhappy customers which appeared to be their lack of understanding - not the software!

Cons

I found the reminders a bit hard to understand - you can add more personal details than I first thought

Reasons for Choosing Ticket Tailor

I found Eventbrite unhelpful as a consumer and so it would be hopeless for online events with my clients

Reasons for Switching to Ticket Tailor

I can only use free or very low options
Brodie
  • Industry: Design

Couldn't ask for more.

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

It's just fantastic. It's so easy and the fact that they waived all fees for online events during the pandemic shows that they really are looking out for the customer.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use. I have a good amount of experience with different online services and TicketTailor has such an easy to use interface. I have been able to delegate a lot of work to my team with minimal training.

Cons

Sometimes the chat box can be a little big and intrusive but it doesn't really matter because 9 times out 10 it's really useful information that pops up.

Price and functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Ticket Tailor

Price, functionality, look and feel.
valerie

Ticket Tailor

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

We have been using Ticket tailor for several years and found it to effectively meet our needs as we can increase or decrease the amount of events we are paying for, it is easy to change your payment plan. There is also the option to resend tickets, cancel orders etc.

Pros

Straight forward to use and good reporting options. Allows you to set the transaction fee and ticket price. Not extortionate for the vendor.

Cons

The buytickets. link wording isn't always appropriate as we offer free events, although there is a join the guestlist option this isn't on the main link.

Matthew
  • Industry: Events Services

This a great system if you want basic ticket sales for smaller events

Reviewed on 2022/06/06

I have enjoyed working with the Ticket Tailor system. The team are all very professional, knowledgable and diligent. The system itself has been rock solid reliable and has never failed to deliver. If the system allowed us to grow the way we need to I doubt we would ever change.

Pros

The number one thing I like about Ticket Tailor is the support staff. They havent always had an answer that was what I wanted to hear but they have been there pretty much 24/7 and have always given 100% effort to help me out. I am a very demanding customer and I can be difficult when I need something in a rush and Ticket Tailor never let me down.

Cons

This is very personal to me because I run a company that works in a slightly odd way to the regular Ticket Tailor customer. For me the system is a little inflexible, slightly light on features and the reporting system is just lacking a few finer details. Please dont let that put you off unless you are, like us, trying to offer ticketing services on behalf of events. The lack of options regarding payment APIs is also an issue. Stripe, Stripe or Stripe.

Matthew

Tailored to me

Reviewed on 2019/10/10

Pros

Just how fluid it all is. Easy to use and love the options to customize.

Cons

I don't necessarily have anything I dislike. The only thing is maybe not being able to upgrade to a different ticket purchase after already making a purchase. ie.. customer buys a general admission ticket and now wants a VIP ticket. I haven't been able to find away to upgrade unless cancelling an order.

Josh
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 1+ year

Incredibly easy to use.

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

This was a much easier program to use and implement than programs we have used in the past

Pros

Ticket Tailor was SO user friendly. It made out ticketing online so easy and made check in at our event seamless.

Cons

Really nothing. The price point was very fair.

Wufoo

Ease of use, cost

Wufoo

Cost and ease of use
Viral
  • Industry: Entertainment

simple intuitive and easy to manage

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

the dashboard give you all the information you need in one place! creating and maintaining the events is easy, the features to generate operator tickets, reissuing, cancelling, voiding , refunding tickets is a breeze. very good plans available for all size of events

Cons

honestly nothing to dislike, the one thing i would like improved (selfishly) is that if for a plan we have the ability to create 5 events when at the event itself if we have to scan tickets for multiple events we need to switch between events and it causes some issues with queuing. if we can merge the number of tickets allowed under 5 events into 1 event it might be better suited.

Faye
Faye
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Fantastic Ticketing platform

Reviewed on 2020/12/16

Very positive. Credit to them also for making tickets for online events free for many months this year.

Pros

I love the ease of use with this platform. Very easy to set up and integrate

Cons

I've had some problems with payment issues on my CC due to Stripe where a debit of 2 cents is left and then my account has been blocked because that amount couldn't be taken off my card but they have been quickly resolved by customer service.

Steve
  • Industry: Entertainment

Ticket Taylor saved our lives!!

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Ticket Taylor saved our lives. When the lockdown happened our business shut down and we couldn't claim any help due to various reasons so started using Ticket Taylor for small online events to put food on the table. Ticket Taylor decided to help online vendors by not charging until the end of September.

Pros

This is very easy to use and get to work. I use it almost every day and never have a problem

Cons

Everything that I use in ticket taylor works great

Vanessa
  • Industry: Events Services

Great ticket plaform for small events

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Very good and will continue to use after 3 years with them.

Very good and will continue to use after 3 years with them.

Pros

Simple, good value for money and great customer service. Does the job well, easy to add tickets, track sales, export orders, refund customers etc. Also that booking fee to customer is optional - this is really good!

Cons

Still has fairly basic features, although they are always trying to improve which is noticeable. Would be great to have optional add ons during ticket purchases to reduce the number of tickets on main page (e.g. if your event has paid extras such as dining, spa, glamping...) also the option for customers to pay in instalments which is becoming popular in events. You can do this manually fairly easily but would be brilliant if it was a built in feature and customers got sent remiders automatically. And finally the option to collect emails for a mailing list, a GDPR compliant opt in or opt out at checkout.

William
  • Industry: Performing Arts

New user couldn't be more impressed

Reviewed on 2022/07/21

I am a new recruit to Ticket Tailor but, so far, I couldn’t be more impressed. They will save us an estimated $2,000 per production compared to our previous service. You can set your tickets up to accept a donation on top of the ticket fee to bring in more revenue. With our previous service, moving a ticket from one performance to another was complicated and frustrating. With Ticket Tailor, a few clicks and the ticket is moved and the buyer is notified. To add ticket buyers to MailChimp, we had to run a report, export it to Excel, and import it to MailChimp. I’m using a Zap on Ticket Tailor that automatically and immediately adds the buyer to a MailChimp audience each time a ticket is sold. Very easy to set up right on the Ticket Tailor site. And Customer Support!!! Unlike virtually every other company support in the world, you can pull a Ticket Tailor agent into chat in under FIVE MINUTES! If that wasn’t enough, they understand the question… AND have an intelligent answer. I have yet to have an agent tell me to hold on for “a couple minutes” while they search their manual or ask someone else. And they’re available 24x7! This service is a fantasy come true.

Pros

Cost and ease of use. Amazing customer service.

Cons

A couple features don't work as I'd like, but there is an acceptable workaround

Chloe
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy and convenient

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

It's helped us to save money and provides an easy, convenient platform to sell event tickets on.

Pros

It's easy to use, cheaper than other alternatives, and the customer service is great when we have any questions.

Cons

It's not always easy to figure out how to do simple things, such as setting up instalment payments.

Carl
  • Used for 2+ years

Ticket Tailor works for us.

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Pleasant, we've stuck with it and have not had a reason to change.

Pleasant, we've stuck with it and have not had a reason to change.

Pros

Great price point, easy to use. Painless to upgrade, turn on or off, and utilize. Easy to edit, friendly interface.

Cons

Insertion onto our website was not useful. So we have to send to a direct link for online purchase. Accounting on the back end is slightly unclear relative to fees. But that's extremely minor.

Grant
  • Industry: Design

Making tickets easy

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

We use this on several of our websites for selling tickets to festivals and concerts. Always works well and the backend is great for management of the sales and events.

Pros

I really like the fact that I can dip in and out of this for them times I need it.

Cons

Nothing major really. Costs went up a bit a while ago, but still great value.

Reasons for Switching to Ticket Tailor

Just seemed to offer more for the price.
Rahul
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used for 2+ years

The website and Check-in is too cool

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

I have used the site for various shows for charity organisation and it was tremendously popular

Pros

I love the quickness with which I get everything setup on the website and guest Check-in is very impressive

Cons

The display on ticketing can be improved with Lego like structure so user is free to show his booking pro forms

Nicole
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Easy to use and amazing customer service

Reviewed on 2021/09/14

Extremely positive

Extremely positive

Pros

Everything really easy to use and makes ticket entry a breeze

Cons

To put more information on the holding page before people buy the tickets