Ticket Tailor Reviews

Ticket Tailor

Event ticketing for events of all sizes. Low fees. No fuss.

4.9/5 (183 reviews)
Jason D.

Best value in event ticketing services

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Overall we've used TicketTailor for almost 10 events over the past 2 years and love it. It's the cheapest full-featured ticketing system you'll find, and much easier than hosting your own service to save money.

Pros

The best thing about Ticket Tailor is the flat fee pricing model. You can charge as much or as little as you want for tickets, and not worry that they are taking a cut of every ticket sold. Especially for expensive tickets, this amounts to hundreds of dollars in savings.

Cons

There are a few use cases that I've come across for which it isn't ideal, but I've contacted the developers and they are very helpful with taking suggestions and offering ideas. I will freely admit that some of my use cases are fairly esoteric, so if you're just doing a fairly normal event you should have no issues.

Edward W.

For the independent musicians

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Overall, very pleased with the software and no major qualms other than the ticket customization. Very low learning curve, quick money deposits, relatively inexpensive fees and can always reach out to their team if needed.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and how simple it is to setup a store front for tickets. Super quick set up time and very accessible to manage and make quick edits if needed

Cons

I dislike the fact that we cannot customize the look of our tickets and rather are stuck with the default 'QR' coded squares that are the printable 'tickets'. We would like to see something that allows us to be creative with the presentation of our tickets and make them feel like actual concert tickets

Gareth S.

Ticket Tailor are an extremely stable online management system for selling event tickets

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/02/25

Selling and monitoring of event ticket sales can be managed through your website and social media sites and becomes fully automated. It gives you an online booking office and enables the booking procedure UX to be easy to complete and payment can be secure through systems like PayPal. It automatically sends the customer the e-ticket and records their information for you to access at any time, along with sales data that can be invaluable for marketing and setting up other events.
You only pay per event or within a selected number of events depending on your payment plan. You pay monthly for the period of sales you want and can stop it at any time.

Pros

Their system can be used as stand-alone and/or integrates fully with your website and social media customer touch points.
Set up of your own box office is relatively easy, but it easier still if you spend time writing all or marketing information and promotional pictures before you log in. Then have everything ready to copy and paste and upload the images. However, you can save your event pages as drafts to return to later, or update at any time.
You can set up different methods of payment to suit your requirements and can design the interface to match your brand.
Once set up your box office becomes fully automated, so you can check in to your dash board as frequently or infrequently as you wish and check sales and data as you wish.
They have an app you can download to your smartphone to be used for checking in, which saves on buying or hiring in barcode scanners and gives great data and feedback on attendance for future events.

Cons

As a small event's organiser, there is not a lot we dislike. The only modification I would like to see is to the monthly payment plan.
It jumps from one event payment plan to 5 events. Maybe they could introduce a 2 - 3 event plan?

Natalie F.

Very good up & coming ticketing platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Very responsive to emails and questions.

Pros

Almost all the features of industry-leader Eventbrite but about half the price

Cons

If you use Stripe for payments (which is the cheapest option), all events have to pay out to one bank account, which can be annoying if you run multiple events with different people. Also it doesn't have a mailing list like Eventbrite to promote your events, but otherwise very good.

Lynda T.

Excellent Value for Money

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Quick and easy to set-up

Pros

Easy to set-up events. I love the integration into my own site with copy and paste of pre-prepared code which means that clients don't need to leave my site to make a booking​.

Cons

Limited functionality for more​ complex multi-day, multi-speaker​ events. ,

Helana B.

Customer service and tickets sales

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

I had an overall amazing experience with Ticket tailor I have been with ticket tailor for over 2 years.

Pros

I love how the payment setup was effortless on my end and very simple. I took me about 5 minutes to set up my ticket tailor account for my upcoming event. I also love that ticket tailor do not charge you a fee for setting up and using the service what’s amazing is they have a pay as you go service
So they take a very small percentage from every ticket sale. I also love how you can choose to set up your personal PayPal link or stripe, great service

Cons

Loved everything! Customer service is amazing!

Lauren C.

Extremely easy to use and wonderful customer service

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/03/26

As a first-time charity event with a very small budget, the cost effectiveness of using Ticket Tailor as opposed to other sites meant that more of the money raised went to charity!

Pros

This is the first time I've run an event and I did a lot of research into ticket selling sites in order to figure out the most suitable site. I had a lot of questions as event ticketing was new to me and out of all the sites I emailed, Ticket Tailor provided the fastest and most comprehensive answers to all my queries. They made me feel very confident about setting up my box office and when the tickets went live they dealt with queries I had immediately (both queries turned out to be user errors!). This is such an easy website to use and very intuitive. The Ticket Tailor Help Centre is also very good and most answers you can find in their FAQs.

The integration with Stripe meant that is was very easy to take payments for the event. It was also very quick and easy to refund payments if necessary.

I also liked how the confirmation emails could be edited easily and details specific to the event and links to other websites could be added to it.

Overall, they made my first experience of selling tickets very straight-forward and enjoyable.

Cons

There is nothing I can fault about ticket tailor but I was unable to combine selling tickets for my event with the ticket purchasers ability to book preferred time slots which was important to the smooth running of my event.

Philip M.

Fantastic product, way better than Eventbrite

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/02

I can now set up events quickly and easily without having to deal with a percent of my business being taken away. Having a fixed cost based on the number of events I run is a great way to go.

Pros

I love that I pay a fixed fee for my events, and that I get paid straight away. Other services take a percentage of my money, and wait till the event is over before I get paid. Ticket Tailor is a great product, and I have run multiple events on it, and it's fantastic. It makes ticketing a breeze.

Cons

nothing. It's a great all round software platform.

Rob R.

Works very well for a small not for profit

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Unhesitatingly recommended!

Pros

We have used Ticket Tailor for ticketing events at the Pells Pool, Lewes in 2018 and are continuing to use them now in 2019. We have found it a very easy to use and cost effective system. Our ticket charges are relatively low per ticket, so a fixed monthly rate (rather than as a per ticket + % of sales model) works out well for us. Plus the charity discount! The check in app also makes for speedy entry. And we are seasonal - so the fact we can then suspend the account until we start up again is great. And the customer service when we started off was top class.

Cons

Hard to think of what we would improve ...

Naijha W.

Ticket Tailor

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

The cost is a major reason why use this platform. We have a for profit and non-profit business so the monthly subscription rates are extremely fungible reasonable compared to Eventbrite overall fees.

Pros

It's easy to learn. User-friendly. We're able to use it as a ticketing system for all of our events.

Cons

I would like to be able to modify the "buytickets.at/....." URL. Most times are events are free for attendees and vendors need to pay a fee to register. The attendees get confused with Free being associated with a "buytickets.at/....." URL.

Alistair F.

Great for charity events

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

We use it for occasional events so its really import that it's easy to use, and that they don't charge when we're not using it. You can set up an event in about 20 mins and don't pay until it goes live.

Pros

Easy and simple to use
Good visibility of sales progress
Low cost due to no continuous charge and charity discount
Great customer service

Cons

A few inflexible areas, but very minor.
Non-admins can't test the site before it goes live.

David L.

Ticket Tailor great value for the price.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/19

Ticket Tailor is a really good product, it makes selling tickets a breeze and is easy to use. I help organizations ( not for profits), when they want to sell tickets , this is my go to software. Been using for about 2 years and it has not failed me yet.

Pros

Love the fact that there are no fees, unlike Eventbrite.
Easy of use, very easy to use and has help if you get confused.
I can pause my service , so not paying monthly fees is a great feature.
I can have multiple box offices, makes it easy to have different events.
They seem to have frequent upgrades and keeps me informed about any changes.

Cons

Wish I had more options on customizing the ticket page.
Not much else is to say, by no means a perfect product, but a really good product.

James R.

Ticket Tailor for the Win!

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Pros

I have tried all the major ticketing sites for my film festival and found Ticket Tailor to be head and shoulders above the competition. The site is exceptionally user-friendly and the monthly package - as opposed to hefty commissions charged by rival sites - is advantageous to my business model. No hesitations whatsoever in recommending it.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind - I'm sure it will continue to get better and better.

Ross S.

Deep functionality ticketing system for flat fee price

Reviewed on 2016/01/03

Ticket Tailor is a fully fledged ticketing system but instead of charging a per ticket % commission like competitors, it provides a single fixed fee monthly fee with unlimited tickets. For smaller events this provides a far more cost effective way of developing a ticketing system.

In terms of set up and usage the system actually hides a lot of its functionality behind a very simple interface - it certainly provided all the requirements I needed for my event with over 10 different ticket types and ability to schedule these tickets at different times. Its easy to use and requires no development skills which is a real pro for the system

I'm sure there are areas of functionality that could be improved and tweaked in comparison to other competitors which may appear more polished, but this system seems robust in its offering. The back end could do with a redesign and there is some need still to incorporate social sharing (the FB app link was broken when I tried to install, but their customer service was excellent and got back to me within the hour). Mobile optimisation of the site is through responsive which has its issues, and there are probably some areas of front end design on the site (and offering ability to mask URL) that would be appreciated by others as well.

Overall having tried many different systems such as eventbrite and eventbee, for this particular event where cost is a significant issue, Ticket Tailor seems to have everything sewn up in a very easy to use package.

Cathy I.

Practical and user-friendly

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

This software made it very convenient to organize and host events, at an affordable fee.

Pros

Ease of use, customizing, and customer service were key! And the app was just perfect, making check-in a breeze!

I also used it to organize a family reunion!

Cons

None to report other than to have a minimum of 40 characters in this question!

Lori G.

Saved a ton of money

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/06/13

Overall - happy with them and plan to continue using them going forward.

Pros

Price is great. Run a bunch of events per year and event brite was eating too much into my profit. Ticket Tailor does not have the breadth of tools that some of the bigger players do but they cost so much less it is worth it to me as a small business. This tool does everything I need it to do.

Cons

Missing some key features related to emailing ticket holders (although they have upped their game in this area they still have some way to go) and their reporting is really minimal and not what is needed on the back end.

Nikki W.

Excellent ticket sales programme

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

I get great service and the system looks good

Pros

The ease of setting up an event and the collection of money

Cons

The inflexibility of some of the options i.e. you cant currently add values to some of the drop down boxes

Susan M.

Ticket Tailor - Thank U front Resonate

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Superb!

Pros

The user friendly nature of the platform and the ability to customise the box office is a cool feature.

Cons

A mobile app would be cool to have but really there’s nothing I don’t like about the platform

David B.

Ticcket Tailor review

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Cost effective and easy to use tool, recommended.

Pros

TT is easy to set up and customise the box office. The most appealing feature is the low monthly cost and instant payments via Paypal.

Cons

I have in other jobs used TT with higher order volumes in short amounts of time and had issues with tickets getting sent out to customers.

Steve P.

Ticket Taylor Ticked All My Boxes For Selling Tickets Online For An Event

Reviewed on 2015/06/10

Having recently being tasked with sorting ticket sales for my old colleges reunion, I searched to see if there was on online ticket solution to my dilemma as the former students were now all over UK/world and I had no direct contact for them.
This is where I found Ticket Taylor. On researching other companies of similar attributes, Ticket Taylor came out on top especially in the value for money department.
On signing up to the package, I soon found the site very easy to use. You can also SEO the ticket office to suit direct hits for potential online searches.
The system is, in my opinion, faultless. It made what a thought would be a cumbersome task into something very delightful.
The process of buying a ticket online was simple. I created links from the Facebook page and my website to the online ticket office.
I could regularly extrapolate information from the data collected by Ticket Taylor.
I found the e-ticketing system very useful indeed.
During the use of their system I had little need for help But when I did, their messaging system was simple to use and the small problems I had were dealt with quickly and in a very friendly manor.

Overall, I would strongly recommend Ticket Taylor to others. It makes the task of selling tickets to a non-local audience incredibly easy and is great value for money.

Already looking forward to using their system again.

Response from Ticket Tailor

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Alex M.

Stable, Cheap and Customisable

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Pros

After looking at alternative online ticketing solutions we were initially drawn to TicketTailor by their competitive pricing, but they have proven to be great. Their platform is stable, easy to use and very customisable. They even offer a charity discount on top of their low pricing! We weren't sure about choosing someone other than the brand name for organising events online - let's call them Shiny Events - but TicketTailor have met all our expectations.

Cons

The only inconvenience we've found is that TicketTailor fees are paid to them via credit card, whereas card transaction fees are debited by their payment provider (Stripe) from the remittance. This has caused our accounts team a few challenges as the bank account we're having the remittance paid into isn't the same as the bank account with a credit card! Not a show stopper, but upset our finance team a little!

Joann S.

Excellent and intuitive ticketing tool. reasonably priced too!

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Overall excellent product, should be used a lot more vs those that charge ticket fees!!!!!

Pros

intuitively designed, even a non-technical person like me can use it
excellent price range, with non-profit discount and NO TICKET FEES!! (plan and event size dependent, of course)

customer service was excellent, always responded to inquires and requests timely over chat or email.
Connected payment applications allows plug-and-play usage.
Efforts to update and improve are visible over the years I've used them (update to check-in application)

Cons

maybe because I am a technology layman I wasn't able to fully make use of the linked/connected apps as fully as I hoped.. (I attempted to connect Zapier, but was not successful... but that might just due to operator error...)

Harriet B.

I find ticket tailor so user friendly and unbelievably useful

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

It is straight forward and easy to use and saves me so much time when selling tickets for events. I particularly like the ability to duplicate a past event which saves the time of setting up a new one.

Cons

I generally like all the features of the software. The only thing is it might be nice to have a prompt to check that you have done everything that needs to be done before putting tickets on sale - once or twice I have forgotten to change the email response sent when a ticket is sold which has been quite confusing for the buyer!

Mathilda L.

Outstanding service and customer communication at an affordable price.

Reviewed on 2018/02/18

Pros

Monthly subscription making high volume low price tickets possible for small businesses. Their response to all of my queries have been fast and easy to understand.

Sergio S.

They are what you looking for!

Reviewed on 2019/07/02

Pros

Easy to use it and amazing interface! There are so many functionality and more are added making it very exciting!

Cons

That’s is not available in other languages!