Zoho Sprints Reviews

Zoho Sprints

Agile project planning & tracking for software development teams

4.4/5 (30 reviews)

User Experience is more than slapping together hodge-podge of few screens!! Zoho Sprints FAILS!!!

Reviewed on 4/2/2019
Review Source

TWO THUMBS DOWN!! Who is such an idiot that came up with a concept of a "Global View" concept - an Icon that you have to click simply to access your completed sprints/workitems - that too ungrouped dumped in front of you??? Honestly, Zoho - being such a large corporation, I put so much value into your brand when I picked your Sprints. Your CEO should read and try creating and managing one project himself/herself - NOT WATCH A DEMO as a passive audience member - I would be curious to see how many in the senior leadership of this product called Zoho Sprints remain in their job at end of that experience of creating and managing a single project with multiple sprints! How hard can be creation of a user interface that guides user through...

- Creation and management of EPICs, associate work items and sprints, and print meaningful reports for a given EPIC?
- Listing all sprints together - and marking completed/canceled/upcoming/active sprints as such? And allow user to click through and access all of the details of that selected sprint? And allow user to generate a meaningful summary and detailed reports for that sprint?
- Allowing you to generate a project-level report that includes all Epics, Sprints, Work Items reflected in there at summary or detailed level based on who the user is.

Also, I don't think permissions work correctly: I have someone in my team as "Manager" but he can't see any of the completed items in the "Global View", but I can as an Admin??????

Pros

Positive First impression is the only positive note I can make on this software. During my free trial, I got carried away with pretty look of this application and charts/dashboards etc., and signed up for a year long Professional contract. BIG MISTAKE!

Cons

These developers are like a fresh kids out of some d-School, who have no clue that people need to be able to access their data efficiently at a later point after data was entered into this thing that leads it to ABYSS of no-where land! There are plenty of pretty looking charts that DO NOT ALLOW click-throughs for further details. AND Literally, there are no printable reports in the system - a chart is not a report! And exported Excel spreadsheet with hodge-podge of my data slapped together is not a report either, my friend!

There is literally NO CONSISTENT WAY of creating/accessing your Sprints.

Response from Zoho Sprints

We’re really sorry to see that our product did not meet your expectations. This is certainly not a situation we want to see our customers in. Thank you for sharing what you went through in great detail. We read your feedback carefully and feel we can address them. Let us take them one by one.

1. Purpose of Global View
All the info we show in the beginning is just a starting point. You can filter, search, and sort within this to drill down to the information you want. The enterprise plan also has a custom-view-tab where you can customise based on one or more criteria. You can then save these custom views you created for quick access later.

2. User interface that guides through Epics module
There is indeed such an interface. Through six different steps, it takes you through all you can do with epics. And it fires up just after you create your first epic. If this is disabled, you can view it any time by clicking the ‘help tour’ icon at the bottom right bar. The same option is available not just in this module but across the product.

3. List all sprints
We are working on making the sprint counters in the dashboard clickable, which would let you view this. An update we are planning for the custom view should show you the same info here also.

4. Detailed reports
Please check if you’ve seen all these reports. In the reports module, burn up and burn down are shown by default for sprints. However, this can be changed to show the same info for epics. Additionally, we also have an epic progress report. You can view a sprint level dashboard, by clicking the ‘view details’ button next to the sprint name on the board module. Custom sprint-wise reports and dashboards are ‘work in progress’ and we can let you know as soon as they are ready. All our existing reports are, and future reports will be, printable.

5. Project level report of all sub-items
As mentioned in point 1, you can drill down to this by filtering from the global view. And you need not do this everytime - you can save this view to get to it quickly.

6. Manager not able to see all info in global view
The manager is probably looking under the ‘My View' tab in the default view. The purpose of this view is to see just his or her own items. The manager can see all items in all the sprints he or she is part of by choosing the appropriate criteria in the custom view.

7. Click through reports
We do provide click throughs wherever applicable. However, some reports aggregate info from several views, so we cannot provide a click through here. In reports that show past activity, again, we cannot provide click throughs as the underlying data may have changed over time. If you feel we have missed a clickthrough where it is possible, do let us know the specific case and we will add it ASAP.

I would like to share that the team that built this product also built Zoho Projects, a project management platform that has been around for over 10 years. They have spent these years developing domain expertise, honing the product and improving everything that adds to the customer experience.

So it follows that the experience you had is something we are determined to change. We would like to speak with you on a call to learn more from you, walk you through these features and do our best to meet your needs. Please get in touch with us by mailing to [email protected]

0.0/10

Love at first sight

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

I was looking for a tool that could replace the simplicity of Trello but providing the robustness of Jira.

Trello is so simple and flexible but lacks a lot of project management features. Jira is very complete but past experiences made me not like it that much.

Zoho Sprints does that and even more. It is such a well done product that only Jira would compare but, IMHO, Zoho Sprints is way better.

I like how one can have a lot of info in one tool without feeling overwhelmed by it. You can hide and show lists, panels, columns, and more, to have the needed context.

I didn't use the timesheet but it also very helpful to have an in-app timetracker to keep everything in one place.

Nicely done, Zoho team.

Pros

- Sprint planning
- Epics boards
- Sprint meetings
- Image attachment by pasting them
- Velocity charts

Cons

- Some image attachments wouldn't produce a thumbnail
- For some reason tasks and bugs cannot be move to a sprint from the backlog if they do not belong to a story
- Cannot order stories by priority :(

7.0/10

Quick and easy way to coordinate

Reviewed on 2/9/2018
Review Source

Pros

My team was charged with developing a new version of the software that we use on a day to day basis and so we not only needed to coordinate with our own internal team members but also external contractors and software developers. Zoho Sprints is fast and great for use on mobile phones (at least, on iPhone). Clean and manageable as well, which is we we kept using it for 2 years.

Cons

It would be nice if the file sharing feature were more robust as it is rather limited. It also take a while to upload/download files from different projects.

It's a grate solution

Reviewed on 2/16/2019

This is the 3rd Zoho product I'm​ working with and i loving them.

Pros

The best was how easy it was to use. Didn't need any training or videos to start using it.
It has what you need to run the projects. Simple and complete

Cons

The bad and good thing is that you have the basics and more that you will require to run many projects. I guess that there are some things that you will have in any other solution that this one doesn't have. to be honest​ I​ didn't​ miss any. It's a great​ solution

Make my project visible and agile

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

We are having a good experience. Solve our way of seeing and communicating about the project. Everybody at the platform could understand what and when to do in a simple way. Very good for large projects that you have to break in multiple stories or tasks.

Pros

Many ways that you can see a task. The task itself, inside a Epic, as part of a Sprint and associated with someone.

Cons

The price per user. We a small startup and could have some discount to use. For us at Brazil to pay in dollars make the price even higher.

Review of Zoho Sprints

Reviewed on 3/7/2019

Overall I am liking the produce very much. I would like intro into my working orgs.

Pros

The simplicity of the agile process and project management with tasks, monitoring ...etc.

Cons

Repeat tasks or copy of the similar tasks in different modules is not easy. If I am able copy and paste in another sprint or epic, it would be great. Copy & change.

Mobile version is not working for Sprint functionality. It doesn't refresh.

Good, but miss a roadmap

Reviewed on 12/20/2018

Good, but we have difficulty to organize tasks in long term.

Pros

Great software that helps dev teams. It has everything with agile methodology: libe time charts, time tracker etc.

Cons

The way filters work, it is very confusing to identify task, bugs, stories in the projects. Maybe something more visual will help. Besides that, zoho NEEDS to implement a ROADMAP overview, this is a must have to agile teams.

Just getting started

Reviewed on 3/18/2019

Pros

Hi ! My internal team and I have been looking started with Zoho. We subscribed to some other products within the Zoho universe prematurely but we are with hopes of having this all integrate with CRM and agile.

Cons

Nothing, so far as the trial just started and we have not been able to do much given the little time there was to play in it.

7.0/10

it had never been so easy, carry projects!!

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 7/20/2018

Pros

pros:
-easy to use
-Fast
-the best communication

My work team regularly applies a set of good practices to work collaboratively, on a team, and to obtain the best possible result of a project.
Zoo has helped me to understand more with my project partners

Cons

I would like you to have some type of score with stars, who had a good performance on the project that I worked

Extend trial

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

Our overall experience was great actually, for those who are actively using it, but a few staffs still struggling to catch up.

Pros

The features of capturing all unsorted tasks and a clean platform to glance everything easily

Cons

I'm not using the timesheet feature a lot, might need more time to relate this feature to our work.

Best Product for Agile Foundations

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

Zoho sprints is one of the finest product from zoho team. It helps me to manage project based on processes our organization have.

Pros

Ease to use
Cost effective for startups
Collaboration with other zoho products helps to manage one at go.

Cons

Sometimes takes time to load.
User friendly , no need of training

Zoho Sprints is a tool that understands the trials and changes a project can have.

Reviewed on 6/8/2018

It made an easy transition to the agile methodology for my team.

Pros

Zoho really adopts the product backlog methodology, and embraces mid-project changes. You can simply create a prioritized list of tasks and move them on to your current sprint as there priorities change, building what matters for your stakeholders.

Cons

Reports are nice but all tho they can be helpful at times they can also be vague and not answer the questions you have about your teams performance.

A tool designed for planning and monitoring tasks in agile teams.

Reviewed on 6/28/2018

Pros

The progress of each of the tasks is very easy to see.
Easy interaction between teams through messages and comments.
You can create tasks very easily just by dragging and dropping.
Reports with charts and diagrams that facilitate their analysis.

Cons

Although this application seems to me very complete, the personalization of the tool is limited in many things, besides it does not offer management of budgets.

Great Software

Reviewed on 1/23/2019

Overall great product! Still exploring many features

Pros

GUI is great. I like the reporting featuers. I really love how it tells you how long a task was in a specific "stage"

Cons

Creating stories could be an easier process

Zoho Sprint - A simple Project Management software for Software - A simple alternative to JIRA

Reviewed on 3/14/2019

Pros

* Provides basic Software Project Management functionalities.
* Logging work with user selection.
* Multiple views in Swimlane in the Sprint Board.

Cons

* User addition to the project & invite. User addition should become more flexible instead of going to "user settings & add user and then assign them to stories".
* Ability to bring a story into an ongoing sprint. I have not been able to do this as yet.
* Ability to define a sprint stage which may be equal to an existing state. Ex. Rework can be equated to a To do stage. That in Board, Rework stories should appear along with To do. But the story must remain in Rework state.

Quick easy use

Reviewed on 7/9/2018

Pros

I like that you can quickly follow the progress of projects, from to-do up until done and all in between. Keeping track of a bunch of tasks that are just too much for one's brain becomes much simpler if you know what you want in the end.

Cons

The price is a bit high for most but you can use the free trial and see how it all works, which what I did.

Zoho Sprints Review

Reviewed on 8/29/2018

Pros

This software is very valuable and important to us. Online shopping systems is more popular trade market. It can be used to more items in world wide. It is very easy. Therefore I like to use this software for my works.

Cons

Actually, I felt that this software has complex analysis part. Therefore It can not be understood easily for some persons.

Good Experience

Reviewed on 1/12/2019

Me and my team are really like

Pros

- Easy to use
- Good user interface design

Cons

- Some features are not obvious.
- Notification mechanism not as expected

Zoho Sprints makes any project an easy thing to do.

Reviewed on 6/20/2018

Pros

I like that Zoho has many tools to implement, to streamline and give a delivery time in projects. It is a program that I use daily to see the progress of my tasks and others and always have control over them.

Cons

I would not have any cons with Zoho since the software meets all the expectations it promises and satisfies.

Great for integration

Reviewed on 2/19/2019

Pros

Integration with other applications from Zoho

Cons

Forms are not editable to add/delete fields (to my knowledge)

7.0/10

Beautiful design, the exact amount of customization and easy to use if you want to track sprints!

Reviewed on 6/4/2018

Pros

The fact that you can choose to create a user story, task and/or bug and it's easy to differenciate them.

Cons

The creation of a custom estimation method is almost always necessary and not easy to do. Also, it kinda seems overpriced for its simplicity.

Reviewed on 6/28/2018

Pros

It is an easy-to-use tool, quite dynamic, generating reports, being able to prioritize tasks and keeping track of what has been accomplished is great.

Cons

When downloading and uploading a file it gets tedious.

the good thing that i liked about zoho sprints

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 9/10/2018

the app is helping us on simplification of supply chain and this makes us to be on toes

Pros

Zoho sprints helped me to manage my supplies and it was wonderful on timing of when to purchase a new ones
It has simplified way of use

Cons

its slow when downloading and users are minimal

good application

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 7/6/2018

ease to work with

Pros

zoho sprints helps he contactor to plan and identify the required item
the Apllication works on my phone hence this helps manage construction process easily
With Zoho Sprint you can create your own priority list and move them to sprint

Cons

price plan for upto 10 users seems high its should be reduced
Slow data transmission when uploading or downloading

Evaluating software for Agile

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 4/1/2019

Pros

The interface of this software is simple enough for starter.

Cons

The would be great if our team can play around in the same playground of the free trial version.