ScreenCloud

Remote digital signage & screen content management platform

Fabian M.

Real-Time automated Digital Signage

Reviewed on 2019/06/10

It allows real-time and automated information about events and happenings at our school.

Pros

We use screen cloud to display live Twitter and Instagram feeds throughout our Campus.
The interface is clean, easy to use and accessible via a web browser from everywhere.
Lots of additional app integration are available and being added regularly.
The Screencloud staff is very responsive and helpful.
What I particularly like is the clean design of the displayed apps. It looks very professional.

Cons

Ideally, I would like even more customization on the look and fell of certain apps. But overall there is nothing I dislike so far.

Bryce K.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great Software Experience

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Easy to use the software, great customer service, affordable pricing for nonprofits.

Pros

The last update that came through was a game-changer. We have about 12 TVs throughout the city we live in, advertising events, programs, and businesses. The new software lets me easily update, schedule, and review content whenever I want.

Cons

I had a billing issue where I was being charged foreign transaction fees on my credit card but it seems to have been resolved.

John F.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Snap

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

Pros

That we can upload our menus to the software, and that we can have pictures and videos on there also.

Cons

That when the system goes down, you need to reload and relaunch the software

Jessica T.

Flexible Community Digital Signage

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

I went through a two-week trial of the 2015 version of ScreenCloud and it surpassed my expectations. Shortly after, ScreenCloud Studio became available and I switched over. The Studio allows for complex scheduling, which is great. The dashboard is really intuitive and easy to use. There are ample tutorials that help me get the most out of the platform. And, there are so many apps available that I'm still finding new ones to implement.

Pros

The functionality of this software is so diverse. I chose the software to replace an in-house TV channel with significant cost savings. Along the way, I was able to convert paper corkboards into digital displays and am now working on a touch screen kiosk for our community. Our company had been looking at using three separate vendors to accomplish these projects. This software is easy to use and the more I use it, the more features I find.

Cons

ScreenCloud Studio is still new, and I switched over immediately so I've had a few hiccups, but the support team is extremely responsive.

Lance F.

ScreenCloud is Exactly What We Needed...

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Screencloud support is extremely responsive when I had a question as well as an issue. The thing I like most about ScreenClodu is it just works. It is basically set it and forget it if that is the approach you want to take. It can also be as hands on as you want.

Pros

The ease of use of the product, and the ability to utilize with different mediums such as FireStick and Chromecast. I also like the ability to seamlessly add content to our library, the scheduling ability and the available apps. There are just so many good things about the solution.

Cons

I would like to see discounts for multiple screens.

Rod V.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Product, always adding quality options. I've implemented Screen Cloud at 2 organizations.

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

It has worked beautifully in our context, and I am always recommending it to other churches/camps.

Pros

We use it for several teams at different sites and schedules. The flexibility to customize the content at different times is simple and I love that I can do this from anywhere (with internet).

Cons

Some extra customization to the schedule would be great. For example, when we have a weekend event, it'd be great to be able to create the schedule to turn on and back off for that event in advance. I think pricing for bulk screen would be great too. For example, we have 2 TV's that are always playing the same content in the same building, but in different areas. It'd be great to pay for 1 screen instead of 2 in that case.

Barry D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

Pros

Ease of use and drag and drop.
Scheduling

Cons

For automation A lot depends on the equipment you have to operate screencloud.
Often the equipment let you down rather than the screen cloud system

Don E.

Great digital signage

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Pros

ScreenCloud is easy to use. Easy to set up. Works on most hardware. If you are a Google School or Business, ScreenCloud has many apps to integrate with Google

Cons

If you divide screens into teams, it would be nice to be able to administer all the screens from one login if you are an administrator

Camille H.
  • Industry: Music

Love this app and the value it brings to my lobby.

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

I love this and I’m having so much fun with making the slides!! THANK YOU!

Pros

I had been searching and trying so many different ideas and would constantly ask other business how they put together the TV personal stuff in there lobby with no success on my own. I think it was finally the term digital signage that finally I was able to search with and found Screen Cloud. Within several hours I had a playlist and after purchasing the equipment for less than $50 I had it up and running! Everything I had been searching for and the kids love seeing their photos, activities and and even make slides with fun facts that they like to read.

Cons

I make all the slides in Canva then upload - so easy and I had already been using Canva. If there was a way to edit a slide when a mistake is made that would be heaven but it is still so easy to fix and reload.

• Used Other for Free Trial

Easy Setup, Instant Success

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

We needed an easy to use digital solution to replace our old bulletin boards where we hung information like monthly newsletters, fundraising brochures, and other important items for our customers to read. Having the ability to drag and drop content like pictures, pdf files, apps, and website links was just the type of thing we were looking for. We found this software from our church which just installed a display in its lobby for communications with the congregation. We received a quick tutorial from our pastor on how to add content and within a week we had purchased and installed a tv in our dance studio waiting area and had the software displaying pictures of our students and communication for our parents. So far everyone has provided positive feedback on the content displayed.

Pros

This software was very easy to install and start using. Completely user friendly. Having the option to incorporate apps like weather and ESPN with the communications content I needed to display digitally with my customers is great. The easy drag and drop interface made it a snap to get going, even for someone who is not tech-savvy like myself.

Cons

So far everything about this software has been great.

Carissa M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Awesome

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

ScreenCloud has been great. In addition to loving the product and how it fits our needs, customer service has been outstanding. At initiation and set up someone walked me through the whole process, extended my trial while I got our leadership on board. Then with COVID and our doors being shut, ScreenCloud has been outstanding in helping us through this time.

Pros

It is easy to use. Intuitive and very flexible.

Cons

I haven't found anything that is a real con about the software. The only problems I have had dealt with our WiFi connectivity. Once we got that worked out we have had no more issues.

Justine C.

It's been great for our school!

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

We're able to show information and notices from school on our lobbies, and it's been helpful!

Pros

It's easy to use, and it requires minimal training for others who would like to use the software.

Cons

I wish we were able to show 1 content to 2 screens instead of setting up 2 screens for two TVs.

Simon G.

Fantastic software

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

this is the best software to run our screens

Pros

This is so easy to set up you don't have to be a wizz kid to set it up and it works right out of the box

Cons

there is virtually nothing I can say we don't like

Connect wherever you are

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Pros

Easy connection
Extends to many devices
Easy to use.
Good design.

Cons

I'd like an app for the connect ever from my phone .

Edward G.

Super user friendly kiosk package, very professional presentation.

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

I use the software in a school with 8 buildings on the campus. It works extremely well for a variety of functions. From informational programming for admissions to social media feeds in athletics.

Pros

The software has a very small learning curve. I asked support if it had a particular capability and within minutes they answered and unlocked a world of capabilities it possesses.

Cons

Licensing a lot of devices the cost creeps up a bit, but overall I'm satisfied paying for the quality.

Jay B.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

High quality, affordable and easy to use

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Pros

ScreenCloud is a well designed, robust digital signage solution that is affordable and easy to use. Multiple integrations with other data and information services provide a multitude of ways to communicate with viewers.

Cons

I have not experiences an drawbacks to using this service.

It's awesome

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

Pros

Multiple users, multiple sites... Seamlessly integrates with existing technologies.

Cons

It cost money but hey everything does. Not any cons in my opinion.

• Industry: Higher Education

Easy to use signage for anyone

Reviewed on 2018/11/22

I'm using Screencloud for signage on our campus. We have 4 screens and manage content from the web interface.

Pros

I like how easy it is to build a display from pre-existing apps (e.g. social media, tickers, weather app) or from my own videos and images.

Cons

It was a little bit difficult to setup the custom screen layout, but there are predefined layouts available and a custom one only needs to be created once.

Mitch O.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great potential but a lot still to develop

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

This is just used as our entry way marketing material. This has been more of a head ache than it should have been.

Pros

Ease of use is a fact. I liked the layouts and basic idea of this product. That was about it.

Cons

Needs more native apps. Not a very "smart" program (i.e. have pictures in a custom zone to a special size - this requires me to go back to marketing team to re-edit the photos down to what the app can handle. This should be done as part of the program to allow for overall easier use).
While the support team is quick to respond, they missed the mark greatly in actually addressing the issues and are rather snarky when you point out the pitfalls of the program. There are misspellings in the warnings that pop-up throughout their app. It is all around a work in progress.

Response from ScreenCloud

Hi Mitch, this is Adam, the Head of the Support team at ScreenCloud. I'm really sorry you've been experiencing these issues. We take your feedback seriously, so thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us.

We're always trying to improve our app and stay on top of an agile work environment and sometimes we don't meet the standards we want to achieve for our customers.

Although we've built ScreenCloud to optimize your images to look at their best for your screens, in some cases you'll need to edit the dimensions of the image to capture the area you want to show the most. To make this easier, we've been developing a new app to help you do just that. We've also been revising our on-boarding experience to share the good practices as early as possible.

I'd really appreciate it if we had a call to get to the bottom of this and also show you what we've been working on. I'll make sure to personally reach to you.

Jacob R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Signage Solution!

Reviewed on 2019/07/24

We have used the software to broadcast safety-related information throughout our facility. We also use it as a means of getting announcements out there for our HR and Marketing departments.

Pros

The software is very flexible and easy to use.

Cons

While there are a lot of apps to use and ways you can add content, it would be nice to see continued growth in this area. There also appear to be some apps that do not always work or have a sub-par quality to them.

Steven S.

ScreenCloud is simple and flexible

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

I inherited ScreenCloud from an employee that never fully implemented the installation. I took it over the project and got it implemented in about a day. That includes setup of several applications being used across multiple displays. The message here is that it's simple.

Pros

ScreenCloud is simple to setup and flexible to apply to multiple displays, i.e. TVs.

Cons

Most of the APPS that comes with ScreenCloud is useful but limited. I don't like some of the limitations but it seems that the developers have been working to improve the capability so newer features might be coming.

Leslee H.

Efficient app for school digital signage, always improving, & strong customer service

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Pros

I use this software for the display screens on our K-12 campus. ScreenCloud is completely web-based so it's easy for me to access it at school, at home, or anywhere else, and update on the go. At the moment, you do need to be on a desktop/laptop to access the control panel, but once you have a playlist set up, sometimes it's just a matter of updating a Google document or slide, which can be done from your phone. I wouldn't be surprised if ScreenCloud develops a mobile app soon. They are always improving their product, they're always adding new apps, and they have always provided me with excellent customer service.

ScreenCloud doesn't require a huge amount of time to set up or maintain. It has a very user-friendly interface and you get instant results, especially when combined with Google slides and Canva templates.

It's light. It provides the tools I need to run what is essentially a digital bulletin board for K-12 students as well as faculty and staff. I'm able to communicate and promote relevant, essential information and events effectively. I can easily display photo galleries and play video playlists of recent student activities and accomplishments.

It's a great product. You can tell the developers and their customer service team care about the quality of their work.

Cons

It'd be really convenient to have a ScreenCloud app where I can create/edit playlists and content from my phone. I like the apps that ScreenCloud has provided in their content library. It'd be great if we could customize those apps to match our school colors.

This is a great web and app based service. Costs are a tiny fraction of the traditional...

Reviewed on 2017/11/15

Improved communication with staff. We transmit organizational information, safety, team building messages, along with general interest news and weather.

Pros

Easy to use, web-based, very low cost. This software allows us to leverage content from outside sources such as YouTube, Twitter, and news services, as well as posting our own content directly. Hardware is very low cost. Other traditional electronic signage services could have been up to 10x more expensive with no ability to use web-based content.

Belinda T.
  • Industry: Plastics
  • Used Other for Free Trial

ScreenCloud evaluation for Manufacturing Plant

Reviewed on 2018/11/16

I watched the webcast recording that our rep provided (I missed the live webcast). It was awesome. I am now recommending ScreenCloud as our digital signage option. It is so easy to use and has so much to offer compared to other services I have tested.

Pros

I was charged with evaluating different digital signage services. I found ScreenCloud to be the most cost-friendly flexible option. They offer unlimited FREE support, training and a wide range of apps to really customize our messages. I watched the training webcast done by our rep, who was very friendly, charming and informative.

I have not yet implemented it but I have recommended it as our solution. Other services were bulky, some were outrageously priced and required expensive hardware, additional costs to develop or customize their "templates" or hidden costs for a lot of the apps. Support and training was not unlimited and/or free.

Cons

I do wish that it worked directly with Samsung Smart TVs without the TV sticks. It does with Android TV's OS but not the Samsung OS.

Tero V.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

How to easily show your company offers/prices etc.

Reviewed on 2020/01/01

Pros

There is very easy put different pages.
We use example price list and different offers.

Cons

Schelude, only what need more now are I want make example offers what coming every month first week or every Chrismast.