1factory Manufacturing Quality

Cloud-based manufacturing quality control software

5 /5 (30 reviews) Write a Review!

5 /5
Nick K.

All in one QMS

Reviewed on 2018/10/12

This software has solved the problem with writing long inspections plans, that are open to human error. Cutting the time to write monthly report which is now done by the click of a mouse. Has helped with task management and driven actions with by dates, which as a QE I love because you are no longer tracking people down for answers.

Pros

The ease of use is definitely a plus when using and training personnel on this software. All inspectors were trained within one business day, which helps with the transition from a dated software to 1factory. As a QE the reporting side is my favorite tool that 1factory has. before one factory it would take a couple days to gather all the information needed to present to the board once a month. Now with 1factory the reports make themselves, just make sure you are filling in all the required information. MSA uses the NCR charts to attack area that need attention, whether it be supplier defects or reoccurring shop floor defects. This drives Corrective Action, which 1factory also as superb CAPA module that has a task management side to drive actions with dates! The time it use to take me to write inspections plans is cut down tremendously with being able to click on dimensions and setting frequencies to check said dimensions at. This also take the human error out of it when looking at drawing with 50+ dimensions. Another plus is the visibility, every that has a seat on the software can see how we are doing as a company whether we are missing tasks, high PPM's (Internally & externally) & supplier performance. The next plus was the customization that Nipun and his team provide. they are always striving to make this software even greater than it already is. Since we have started around a year ago our wish for Gage management, Audit findings & Approved Vendor list has been achieved

Cons

I honestly cannot say I dislike anything about this software. It has been night and day compared to what I was working prior to 1 factory. Nipun and his team are working towards new additions to the software that we have requested and it seems like the sky is the limit with them.

Christopher S.
  • Industry: Plastics

Welcome to the Next Level of Quality Control

Reviewed on 2018/11/29

Overall the experience we have had with 1Factory has been exceptional. There is obvious room for growth as there is with any software but the 1Factory team is constantly making improvements that will benefit all.

Pros

The software is easy to use and learn.

Since the introduction of 1Factory my quality and production team have seen an improvement in the parts being made as well as the communication between our departments which has improved overall production.

The real time run data that is produced by 1Factory helps my team notice trends much more quickly and save production time that would otherwise be spent manufacturing non-compliant parts.

Cons

None. The support staff and the 1Factory team have been exceptional partners. Anytime we have found something that doesn't quite seem right or something we think could be done differently the 1Factory team has always accommodated our suggestions.

Doug S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Top 3 new technologies in the past 10 years introduced into our company.

Reviewed on 2017/05/09

Real time data collection, competitive edge, company wide use, accountability to the product we build.

Pros

The powerful tools and features to create and capture data for our internal purpose and more importantly our customers. It reduced so much time collecting data and gave us even more results then we had previous.

Cons

Every software has it's on quirky functions or bugs and never can you find one that will do everything you want. I see most of the problem is when companies don't know how to evolve or change there procedures to make a tool work. I really don't have an issue enough to list a least liked feature of this software.

Scott H.

We're very happy with software how it's improved our overall manufacturing process.

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Pros

Since implementing 1factory on our shop floor we have seen a noticeable improvement with less non-conformance found during Final Inspection. Problems are identified at the machine with corrections being made early in the manufacturing process, thus improving our overall manufacturing flow. Less bottlenecks at Final Inspection with having to 100% inspect a lot before shipping to the customer.

Our customers have been equally impressed as well. Showing their parts being inspected at the source of manufacturing with real time data, sets JWP apart from their other suppliers.

As a Quality Manager, having the ability create First Article Inspection Reports in a fraction of time it would normally take is a tremendous relief. My inspectors can spend more time inspecting parts instead of creating bubbled drawing and attribute sheets. Along with this huge saving in time, having the AS9102 format available is a huge help with our Aerospace customers.

Cons

Not to the fault of 1factory, having the ability to directly link with the Ziess Calypso CMM software would further help with our Inspection Department's productivity.

Chris V.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Straight Forward Quality Control Product

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

1Factory has drastically decreased the time required to setup QC plans in our shop. This has resulted in better QC data, and less time managing physical paperwork as we are able to save the reports digitally.

Pros

I like that multiple users are able to deploy QC plans for each individual project quickly. The fact that the 1factory team is extremely responsive to any requests and regularly update the program is a huge plus.

Cons

Anything that I have had an issue with has been either resolved or is in process to be updated.

Kevin K.

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Pros

1factory is a complete game changer for our quality department. It reduces time spent preparing inspection reports by roughly 66%. Implementation and full integration took 2 hours. If you are not running 1factory your quality department is behind the times.

Cons

I do not have any complaints at this time except that I wish 1factory could help us with our manufacturing scheduling.

Scott M.

1Factory has helped us reduce our hands on tact time in more than half. Awesome tool.

Reviewed on 2016/05/06

We started using in for incoming inspection but it is quickly becoming the go to tool to help manage our supply chain performance.

Rich D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

1factory - Simple, Bueatiful, Intuitive

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

1factory has delivered everything we were looking for and more. We purchased this software as a replacement for our paper receiving inspection system and it's already paying us back.

Pros

I love 1factory's super clean and user friendly interface. It's totally intuitive and uncluttered. It takes only a few hours to become an intermediate user. The software contains a ton of helpful features and automations. If you're stuck using an old clunky quality software, consider switching to 1factory.

Cons

There isn't much to say here. At this point the feature set isn't fully developed but they frequently release new modules and features and these are always included for free with your original access.

Moti B.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

The 1Factory has given us the way to work properly and according to highest standards.

Reviewed on 2017/08/08

Pros

All of the features in the software have been well designed and the company constantly improves its performance according to the customers requirements and meets more and more international standards.
We have been able to improve our acceptance audit and build an improved customer complaint system with the help of the software.
Today we are trying with the ability of the software to do process audit in the production lines of our suppliers that includes SPC and control production processes (cpk ppk).
In external audit it is very easy to show the auditors the qualities that the software enables in managing quality and keeping processes more complete and accurate than before.

Cons

Most of our request is fulfilled by 1Factory as a regular self improvement and we have call session from time to time with the 1Factory team to coordinate the features we want to improve. so we only have a good experience with the software.

Tara J.

Taking Manufacturing Quality to another level

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

I am able to report quality yields to my organization and have all this data combined in one place. I am able to display statistics using the dashboard and chart tools that 1factory offers. Overall, I am able to represent manufacturing quality to the rest of my organization in a way that I could not before. This tool has allowed me to also consolidate all my work into one place, and easily share and assign quality related tasks to our manufacturer using one single tool.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software is the ability to get access to manufacturing data whenever needed, and be able to deeply analyze this data using the 1factory features offered. As a Quality Manager, I am able to go back to incoming inspection done on specific components received at our Manufacturer's site and use Statistical Process Control tools offered by 1factory to analyze this data. Before 1factory, I used to request this data in an excel spreadsheet from our manufacturer and needed to use a different software to analyze this data. With 1factory, I am able to go from a manufacturing testing plan, to a receiving plan, to a receiving inspection and analyze this data in a matter of a click!

Cons

So far I have no complaints about this software. All my requests/concerns were addressed by the developers.

Iain C.

Absolutely Blown Away

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Huge time savings, excellent built in data analysis, all reports can be generated from the data already there. Extremely powerful tool!

Pros

For us Quality professionals, I think it's fair to say that 'traditionally' we would spend vast amounts of time collecting, compiling and presenting data (all in slightly different formats depending on audience), persuading operators to record measurements, reminding purchasing to find and organise vendor documentation and then compiling all of this information at the last minute for a customer... Well, now there's no need for that, because it's all in here! A one stop shop for nearly everything you would ever need regarding measurement traceability, SPC, Quality Plans, Supplier Management, inspections, the list goes on. Constant updates and communication from the 1factory team and amazing devotion to improving and development make this tool better literally every time you access it. Could not recommend 1factory with any more enthusiasm!

Chris Y.

Efficient and easy to use manufacturing production floor software

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

If I could give customer support more than 5 stars I would have. The 1factory team has been extremely helpful and responsive throughout our interactions from pre-adoption through today.

We utilize this software primarily as a measurement data recording and analysis tool. It was easy to implement and the 1factory team helped us with a customized import tool to transition from our old inspection instructions to the 1factory system. The software is fast and efficient for both the admins and the operators.

The 1factory team has been very open to suggestions and if they find solutions that apply to all of their customers they have an implementation plan in no time. We have been extremely satisfied with their product and their customer service.

Cheng-kai L.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Manufacturing quality monitoring at a glance

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

1. Ability to monitor manufacturing quality at a glance
2. Ability to see statistical analysis within the software

Cons

User interface can be more customizable by users

Stephen S.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Critical platform for mfg. business that has a dynamic product mix.

Reviewed on 2019/12/12

Overall great experience. Customer service is outstanding and they are always open to feedback on features and UX or creating a custom CMM import template. The workflow is also fast which makes creating new plans and updating plans very easy, removing common frustrations when creating quality documentation.

Using a system that is cloud based and accessible anywhere has also elevated our user participation within our organization. Users like the workflow, ease of use and the data visibility.

Pros

Ease of use creating and revising inspection plans - the workflow is fast. Easily update a specification or an entire rev change in minutes. The automatic data analytics within the plans is also a huge time saver.

Having the non-conforming (NCR) reporting within the QC system and linked to specific dimension(s) is also hugely beneficial within the QC system.

Cons

Data backup doesn't save out ballooned drawings.

James V.

Real time Quality Control

Reviewed on 2017/03/06

This is a Real Time Quality Control Product. It's extremely user friendly and requires minimal training. Inputting data is simple, easy and is conditionally formatted. All quality assurance personal instantly see if a dimension is in or out of tolerance. This alone is a huge time saver when it comes time to review Inspection Data packages and will give your end customer the confidence that data reports are 100% accurate. Data is easily imported by CMM reports and by manually inputting the features that the CMM missed. Review of Inspection data now only takes a few minutes to review and sign off. In out old system, the review process could take upto several hours. Also at the same time as you input data, you get real time SPC results of each feature.

Tech support at 1Factory is excellent. They respond to all questions and concerns, usually within minutes and typically solve all issues and problems. They do everything in their power to give me everything I ask for down to customized formats to solve my more difficult issues.

Highly recommended. They are World Class extremely professional. A+

Cons

None

Adan G.
  • Industry: Machinery

Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Overall this is an amazing system love it and excited for the new things to come.

Pros

This makes manufacturing plans for a small machine shop to like even a midsize company easy to create. I have learned quickly just in weeks and after such demos it was so efectivelly. Even made AQL sampling of various dimension easier to set. Before it was more of using excel and doing so much manual but with this system life and work was made easy. Thank you to the support team this is amazing. I will recomendó it to all my friend in QC.

Cons

I have not to much all improvements are welcome hopefully some future ahead ERP may be available.

Nicole C.

AWESOME!!!!!

Reviewed on 2016/06/09

1Factory makes my job SO easy! I don't use it all the time but I wish I did. Even in the early stages it was very accessible and whenever I had a question, Nipun got back to me right away. The customer service is outstanding. Highly recommended!!

Jennifer D.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Worth the Investment

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

If you work in Quality Control, this will be the most powerful tool you can use day-to-day. Within days our production floor experienced 40% less non-conformances . As a defense contractor, our customers appreciated the AS9102 format and our inspectors now spend more time actually inspecting now that reports are seamlessly generated.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve for this software, but this can be easily overcome even for the most basic user. Just make sure you spend the time reading the tutorials/introduction training - you won't regret it!

Response from Nipun

We welcome user feedback and reviews, but we believe this review is fake. We do not have a record of this customer (The Opl Group), and this user (Jennifer Dado) ever starting a trial or purchasing a subscription to our product.

Randall U.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Adds visibility and helps us drive positive change

Reviewed on 2016/08/25

We are a medium sized Aerospace manufacturing machine shop and in need of SPC capabilities. The cost and ease of use brought us in, the customer support and added functionality (to OUR needs) has really cemented us with 1 Factory.
Although we started with great interest in the SPC functionality, our needs very quickly re-focused to the QUALITY aspects of 1 Factory. The functionality wasn't quite there when we first started but Nipun and his staff are QUICK to implement changes and modify multiple aspects to our specific needs. We're doing things we've NEVER done before because of the ease of use and straightforward interface.
We've been able to add so much visibility to our quality functions that we're moving in a positive direction with a lot of purpose, driven by the data; it's great.
We have plenty of other improvements to be made to our company and Nipun is there ready to help us achieve them.

Pros

It's easy to use!
I've had some experience with other programs, and they have a ton of functionality but are usually way too much and convoluted to use (inputting information takes too many steps and therefore falls to the wayside).
1 Factory is a different story; it's very straightforward.
Cost!

Cons

-> As of today, there ARE NO CONS.
When we first started with it, it wasn't quite there for what we needed. That was QUICKLY remedied by Nipun and his staff. They're still hard at work adding more and more functionality and addressing all of our needs. I'm quite surprised by the level of attention, detail, and customer support.

Mark B.
  • Industry: Machinery

Quickly Implemented - Quickly Accepted - Great SPC Capability

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Pros

The IT folks love it: the software is reliably "in the cloud" and has been unavailable for a few minutes out of the 18 months we have used it. The Mechanics like it because of the easy data entry; they can report a nonconformance very quickly and be confident there is a record of their concerns. Task assignments are easy for all users: it is fine as collaboration software.

The major advantage for the QE staff is the ability to prepare inspection plans working from .pdf copies of blueprints. I have worked at famous defense prime contractors without this capability for preparing plans. We have not exploited the SPC capability sufficiently but are looking forward to doing more work with it.

1factory has been great at inviting user suggestions and implementing them.

Cons

It still needs some work so that suppliers can work on SCARs within the software.

Bill T.

Huge Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

Recently we had a spike in new business with over 60 parts needing First Articles. With the help of 1factory we were able to bubble the drawings, program our CMM to the bubble drawing and directly download the data right onto the First Article form saving lots of time of having to search CMM reports and find the dimension needed. We were able to complete this task of First Articles meeting all deadlines and shipping dates. It was a huge time saver since we are presently understaffed and it made our Quality department shine!

Stephen G.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

1factory review

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

We are able to better perform and track First piece , in process and final inspection. FAI , OQ and IQ are a breeze

Pros

1factory is easy extremely user friendly and easy to navigate. This software has helped across our entire quality system. The data that can be extracted save many man hours

Cons

1factory software system has been exceptional no Cons yet

James S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Time Saver & Real Time Analysis made easy

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Save time & Effort

Pros

First Article time reduced over 50% - Professional customizable output
Cpk data and Process analysis done in real time No extra data entry steps
CMM data auto populated for First Article, Process Analysis or Customer output

Cons

Add more report formats and make reports configurable. Read all CMM software. Add gage R & R.

Hai Z.
  • Industry: Automotive

High quality software, awesome customer care

Reviewed on 2016/10/03

Very high quality software to enhance company product quality control, a central cloud based software is always helpful to communicate internally and externally. If you have a question or a special demand, you send a email to the technical support, you can always get response by Webex conference within a few hours, and 99% of your request can be fulfilled within a week.

Steven H.

1Factory delivers results.

Reviewed on 2016/05/27

I have worked in the optics/thin film industry for almost 40 years and I can say with confidence that 1Factory is a superior product. As a Supplier Quality Engineer, I can further attest to the ease of use, efficiency, attention to detail and innovation. All this comes together with 1Factory software to help deliver meaningful results that can help drive higher levels of incoming product quality as well as enable proactive interface with suppliers and provides an excellent platform for internal record keeping as well. There are many advantages to implementing 1Factory, not the least of which is the 1Factory team's excellent customer service.