FreshCheq Reviews

FreshCheq

Food service management for restaurants & food trucks

4.5/5 (80 reviews)

Save paper, and time by using FreshCheq

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

FreshCheq has helped make sure that we stay organized and current with taking daily temperatures.

Pros

It's user friendly. No mess of paper, records daily, weekly and monthly data. Able to communicate via text, email if a task needs or wasn't completed.

Cons

It would be nice to have a feature where you could click and drag an item into a spot instead of using up and down arrows. It's alittle time consuming.

Response from FreshCheq

Tesla,

Thank you for the awesome review. We love getting great feedback from our customers. Please contact us to better understand your request. We have a significant amount of development in process over the next few months and we are excited to continuously make a difference in how you run your business.

Great Product

Reviewed on 4/4/2019

One major problem we have solved with FreshCheq is that our food temps and logs are getting done on a daily basis consistently.

Pros

I am so glad that I purchased this software. It is very easy to use and set up. I think it is a great value for what you get. They are always updating the software to make it easier for your operation. We use it for our food logs and also for check list and closing responsibilities. Its great when your food inspector comes in and you have all your temp logs all in one place, and can quickly access it for them. It is also a great resource for accountability for your team members. I like the app that they just created. You can also know take photos.

Cons

There isn't anything that we don't like about FreshCheq

Very Self explanatory, puts you in to a routine with daily checks rather quickly.

Reviewed on 3/1/2018

it makes me accountable to my daily routine, and the necessary tools needed to run an efficient operation.

Pros

This program is a great addition to our team. It saves greatly on amount of paperwork that we used on a daily basis. It gives you all your resources and tools right in the palm of your hand. Very quickly to catch on, and become a tool, part of daily routine.

Cons

The only thing I wish I had more control over, is access to tweak features, or make necessary changes according to my store.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Vanessa! Each store has the control to customize their logs and reports, unless otherwise stipulated by your store owner or the franchise. I recommend discussing your proposed log changes with your owner, who has permissions to make the changes.

So far we have had nothing but a great experience with Fresh Cheq. It is super easy to use.

Reviewed on 2/22/2018

It's a great way to record temperatures for safe food handling!!!

Pros

The ease of use is probably the best quality. It is super simple to record the temperatures, and also to change the things being temped when you need to. For a restaurant like ours that changes the menu every few weeks, this is very hellpful.

Cons

Really the only thing I don't like is that once you type in a temperature there is not a way to go back and change a temperature once recorded. When you have a perfect streak going, it's really sad when you accidentally hit a number a get a failing score for a 14 degree temp, when you meant to type in 144!

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Tyler, thank you for your review. The platform does not allow temps to be changed so that there is a higher level of accountability. But, we don't want you to lose your streaks, so if you type in a temp in error, just reach out to me and I will correct it so that your streak stays intact!

Restaurant

Reviewed on 4/3/2019

It’s really nice and fast. We used to have to do it all by paper and this is more convienant

Pros

No paper trail, allows multiple ppl to use it, can look up how many you have missed

Cons

Need to go on a computer to see what days you have missed. Hard to read it on the phone.
If you type in the wrong temp you can’t go back and change it

Response from FreshCheq

Spencer,

Thank you. We have added some functionality that will allow you to go back and make a change if you made a mistake on a temperature. Please contact us and we will walk you through the process.

Also, we are working on some other functionality we would like to show you. Please come see us at the Pizza Ranch Summer meeting. I am sure you will be impressed.

Freshcheq review

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

Overall it is a decent system and easy to use which means it makes it easy to train new team members on how to use the system

Pros

It is easy to use, and saves money on paper and toner.

Cons

Server tends to run slow at peak hours, would also be nice if we were able to set up reoccurring alerts to remind us to do start Freshcheq not just when we miss doing Freshcheq.

Response from FreshCheq

Thanks for your review.
FreshCheq currently has the capability to remind when logs are upcoming. Contact me and I am happy to show you how to set it up

7.0/10

Keeps your food fresh and in check

Reviewed on 1/24/2019

We use this at moes and it makes taking or temps a breeze I reccomend to any buisness required to log there temps

Pros

It allows me to add my temps through my phone we used to do paper but as time evolves so does technology

Cons

The time frames for each temp log. If you miss it you miss it bo going back later to correct

Response from FreshCheq

Daniel,

Thank you so much for your review. We are excited to be working on even more functionality. Please keep the comments coming. Our customers are what help us continue to evolve FreshCheq!

Jim

Overall, using FreshCheq has been a positive experience and convenient addition to our business.

Reviewed on 2/22/2018

It has eliminated all food safety log paperwork. Employees are now excited to use the tablet to do safety logs, rather than bummed about writing it down. Very convenient.

Pros

Eliminates all paper records.
Sends text message reminders to users.
Easy to configure to fit your business.
Multiple reports to break down check/log usage.
Portable functionality when used on a tablet.
Has a log streak feature to compete with other businesses.
Customer support is fast and reliable.

Cons

No app as of yet, so you have to use the web page. This can be troublesome on a tablet.
Requires internet access.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your feedback!

We love FeshCheq!

Reviewed on 2/22/2018

Pros

FreshCheq is very easy to use and has been a huge help to get our temp logs more consistent. I love that it will send you a reminder text before you are about to miss a log. That helps ensure that they get done and are not forgotten about

Cons

If we close due to weather or a holiday, we have to manually turn every log off for the day and then go back and turn them on for the next week. Would be nice if there was an easier way to do that.

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Kirsten,
We are working on an easier way to close your logs for the day. We are rolling out some new features next month that I am confident you will be pleased with. Thank you for your review.

Safety is our Security

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

The customer service is top notch. Very responsive and willing to go above and beyond to help our business not only stay safe but optimize our operations efficiency.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and the dashboards for reporting are quite functional and great for comparing with multi units.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software.

Response from FreshCheq

Chris,

Thank you for the awesome review. We will be at the summer meeting and have some new features to introduce. Please stop by.

Saves time and paper

Reviewed on 9/13/2018

Pros

This is a very effective way to report temps and inspect the restaurant throughout the day. It is efficient in comparison to pen and paper. Saves printing copies daily which saves ink and paper.

Cons

Corrections should be allowed at the end of the questionnaire. It would be nice if there was a list of fails at the end instead for having to do them individually as many products may have been in the same conditions.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you, Chad, for your feedback and we are thrilled to be a Buffalo Wild Wings partner.

It's a great tool.

Reviewed on 2/23/2018

Pros

I like that I can just carry around my phone while I take temps instead of having to take a big notebook and pencil around to write them down.

Cons

My fat fingers will sometimes hit a wrong key and if I don't see it before I hit the enter button I can't change it.

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Cathy, Thanks for taking the time to review FreshCheq. I am so pleased that it are finding it to be helpful. I can relate to hitting the incorrect buttons and one solution is to transition to a tablet to make this easier. We appreciate your business and feedback.
-Julie

This product has been great

Reviewed on 11/28/2017

Pros

It has simplified food safety for my staff and they are more willing to take time to complete the logs,

Cons

Would like to see a one touch button for when you are closed for holidays, weather or any other reason we are closed to shut off the log text warnings.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for taking time to review FreshCheq. We are so glad that you love it and that it makes your job easier and your restaurants safer. We are developing a simpler way to deactivate alerts for unexpected closings. We will keep you posted. Thanks for your business!

Great product, great value, great service!

Reviewed on 4/15/2019

FreshCheq has been a great addition to our restaurant. It keeps all of my managers focused on food safety and makes it quick and simple to make food safety a priority.

Pros

FreshCheq has helped us stay consistent with our temperature logs and food safety. Since starting to use FreshCheq we have not missed a single temperature issue on our food safety evaluations.

Cons

The new app solved all of the issues we had. The new app makes using FreshCheq even more simple.

useful for accountability.

Reviewed on 2/26/2018

making sure i am able to hold my managers accountable for what temps they are recording and making sure they are checking each item.

Pros

I love how organized it keeps us. both with making sure they are getting done but also accountability so they are true numbers. being able to see exactly who did what check at what time helps us be more accurate.

Cons

it is clunky on tablets. Especially when setting up lists and what order you would like to view items. Also hard to pull items off your list. we have LTOs that are constantly moving and getting any line check changed is a hassle.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you, Callie, for your review!

It is very easy to use when I'm at work.

Reviewed on 3/1/2018

Organizational skills, getting the crew to understand business, keeping everything for records, and able to keep things in one place to find it easier.

Pros

It helps my company stay organized and helps us keep up with inventory and task that need to be completed.

Cons

Sometimes it has a mind of its own and starts glitching and putting stuff that I didn't put. And I wish it had some way of notifying you on when it's time to do something on your to-do list.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Liddia. FreshCheq does have a text alert feature that will alert you when a checklist or log is due. Please speak with your manager or owner and request that you receive text alerts.

Reviewed on 3/21/2019

Pros

Better than paper logs and it is quick and easy to use

Cons

There nothing that i dont like about this

Response from FreshCheq

Nancy,

Thank you. I don't think we could ask for more. We are always open to your opinion and thoughts. look for more functionality in the near future.

Reviewed on 4/4/2019

its great no problems

Pros

Simplicity... Also its very easy for staff to use and the txt updates for managers are great

Cons

sometimes when we are closed the app doesn't know that so it or if its a snow day we cant stop temps from going on the app.

Response from FreshCheq

Ryan,

Thank you for the awesome review. We will be at the summer meting and hope you will come by our booth. We will have some new features to talk about.

Jim

Easy to set and easy to use

Reviewed on 2/22/2018

I don't have to worry about losing a paper copy of our food temps. The food inspector loves to come in and just grab the computer and look at our reports.

Pros

I work with teenagers and I like that it is easy for them to use. I like getting the notifications when I am not at work.

Cons

I can't upload a photo to use as an example of what I would like done. Also it won't let you do your measurements without having to refresh the page every time.

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Missy, thank you for your feedback. You should not have to refresh the page every time, so I will reach out to you personally to help solve that issue.

FreshCheq has made our operation run smoother!

Reviewed on 12/8/2017

the benefit comes from making sure that my store operates safely and at the highest level of profitibility

Pros

Tailoring it to our store needs! Helps the entire team more accountable in ensuring that our store is functioning the way it needs to be.

Cons

It would be nice to have an alerting program to remind of times becoming due. that way our staff could be held more accountable

Response from FreshCheq

Hi Preston,
We are so glad that FreshCheq is helping your store. FreshCheq has both an email and text alert feature built in. I will contact you directly to help you set it up.
We appreciate your business.
-Julie

Great website and app. Easy to use

Reviewed on 2/26/2018

Easy to use and track for daily use. Breaks down errors and can be used for seeing trends throughout the business

Pros

Easy to use and understand. Adminstration side is user friendly also. I've never had any problems with this product. Customer service is great if you do happen to have a problem

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Brandon! We are thrilled to have you as a FreshCheq customer.

Amazing product

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Pros

So easy to use. Great customer service. Recommend for everyone. Makes taking temps so easy and checklists too!

Cons

Nothing bad to say at all. Such a great product.

Response from FreshCheq

Sarah,

Thank you for being a power user and letting us know FreshCheq makes a difference.

Great things are in the works!

Never hesitate to contact us if you have an idea or need some help.

Jim

Good but could be better

Reviewed on 10/26/2018

It's great at keeping waste down and clutter from printing all the check sheets every day and storage

Pros

Pretty easy to use and set up. Keeps track of your checks so you don't have all that extra paperwork and clutter

Cons

It could be more customizable for individual locations when you have more than 1

Response from FreshCheq

Thanks, Robert, for your review. We appreciate your business.

Works well

Reviewed on 2/26/2018

Pros

Freshcheq is a great program that saves greatly on the amount of paper used on a daily basis. Before freshcheq, we used almost a half a scane on paper printing our check lists. Now I can easily walk my line with my checklist in hand.

Cons

I wish that I had more access to make changes to the setup of my check lists. I also wish we could organize it better.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you, Shawn, for your feedback. I think you will be pleased with the new features and checklists that are being released within the month.

7.0/10

By doing Freshcheq you are checking equipment and food to make sure the temperature is correct.

Reviewed on 2/22/2018

That are stores are checking tempertures daily. Knowing if we have issues in a store with tempertures.

Pros

Get email that the stores have done the tempertures. Know that a piece of equipment is not up to temperture. Managment is checking the equipment to make sure it is working correct. They have to re check if they put a ewrong number in.

Cons

Getting the stores to do the tempertures daily. They don't understand it important to do. Getting the stores to do it daily.

Response from FreshCheq

Thank you for your review, Lori!