Tripleseat

Jenny Y.
  • Industry: Events Services

Indispensable Program!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

The customer service team is always very efficient and timely as well as friendly. We couldn't run our business without Gather. Earlier in our development we considered other software geared toward events, but they seemed to specialize on only one aspect or two at a time. With Gather we can customize our menu making it so easy for our whole team to update a proposal at any given moment.

Pros

Our team loves how each client has his/her own customer portal. It is fairly easy to change any details at any time. It is also imperative for us to be able to send an approval request to each client at the time of solidifying details for an event. Really helps us to ensure our team can execute the event flawlessly.

Cons

We wish that Gather was able to track any changes made by one of our team members so that when a change occurs, we can know exactly who made it and why... Or that there was specific place for a team member to track changes in the portal. Also, we wish that there was a way to approve each specific section instead of just an over all proposal. Our clients are dealing with TONS of wedding details (not always through us) and they have a lot on their minds.

Shelley D.

Tripleseat

Reviewed on 2020/10/15

When I first started working with Tripleseat 7 years ago, I did not fall immediately in love. However, as I continued to work with this software, the designers continually updated the programming and added features requested by their users. What started out as serviceable has become a truly amazing tool for planning and organizing events. With every new feature, there is a video released explaining how the feature works. The designers have created an entire online tutorial for the product, which greatly facilitates in the teaching of new users. My clients love the event overview portal! I show this tool to them as we begin planning an event and suggest that they bookmark it on their browsers so that they don't have to search through their entire email inboxes to find a conversation. Lastly, the customer service is amazing. Very fast chat replies and easy fixes. Tripleseat has a fan for life in me!

Pros

Continuous growth, integration with other software, able to be customized on many levels, great client interface for ease of planning, live document updating

Cons

High learning curve, some internal programming can be clunky, not enough freedom for customizing, email drafts are not saved, when using Seven Rooms, it would be fantastic if events were automatically populated into the reservations system

Kerianne M.

Very Happy Gather User

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

We have been using Gather for a few years now and it has definitely made our day-to-day much easier, more organized and allowed us to focus on more things to grow the business. Their customer service is very quick at responding and helpful in finding a solution to questions that have come up.

Pros

Gather has helped streamline our business by providing a fast and easy way to communicate with our clients in a clean professional format. We use the "Copy" feature very frequently as we have many repeat clients. The live update feature while we are on the phone with clients is very helpful and many clients comment how nice that is.

Cons

We wish we could customize the font size on the Chef BEO. We use the Chef BEO as orders in our kitchen and it would be beneficial for us to be able to make certain items stand out more.
We find ourselves directing many clients to the "Print Summary" hyperlink on the Summary of Charges page. If there was a way for this button to stand out as the full breakdown/itemized invoice that would be very helpful.

Gin T.

Game changer

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Great product! They’re always adding new features. Great support team.

Pros

I love that the software is live so I can make changes on line in front of the customer, while on the phone with them and they can sit right away in front of their own screen.

Cons

Sometimes the issues with their servers slowing down can be bothersome, especially during the working hours.

Georgeanna C.
  • Industry: Restaurants

The best private dining software

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Although there is room for improvement, I absolutely love this software. It's fairly customizable via booking templates, and allows me to book and confirm routine events very efficiently.

Pros

I love Gather's tools for automated guest messaging, customizing menus and terms, and lead management.

Cons

Upgrades that seem like they should be obvious/easy are not quickly addressed. For example, I cannot assign an existing contact to a new lead, rather I have to re-enter the client's information each time. Small features like that can make a big difference in day-to-day management, and should be more of a priority. The email tool also needs some work. You cannot save a draft or reply to a message without creating a new thread. Also, the way that email addresses show up to clients is cumbersome. They should work on a solution to mask the @gather system display and instead show my actual email address (clients see the system email address and get nervous that they're message won't reach me). There is also a lot of room for improvement in terms of approval (e.g. being able to get separate approvals of terms and menus, rather than just one overall approval), and for resources for complex and offsite events (e.g. adding pack lists and timelines).

Melissa A.

USer Friendly and Great Customer Support

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Tripleseat is great. I do not see us leaving or using anything else . They are wonderful.

Pros

The software is easy to use. You can work your way through the program and it is easy to navigate. The customer support is wonderful. They really work with you until they find the problem. They are all very friendly and keep you posted on finding the issue as well.

Cons

I miss putting information in sometimes because it does not require you to tab through some of the spaces. I find it is an issue for my counterpart as well.

Chrissy R.

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I have not yet found something that I would like to use more than TripleSeat and I think it's well on it's way to being the BEST bang for your buck!

Pros

I love using TripleSeat for my business! Coming from a place of having to create separate documents for each piece of my event (BEO's, Proposals, Menus, Invoices, etc), it has not only streamlined my time, but also has prevented clerical errors moving from one document to another.

Cons

I think the more difficult parts of the software include the lack of customization, ie:
--colors that are used when the TripleSeat staff first load everything are not available when you try to customize
--it takes a million clicks to successfully get to where you want to go (to close an event, to confirm a payment)
--when I update a BEO, I have to manually save the OLD document and upload it into the system rather than it saving the old documents for me to reference
--when I add another document to an event, it changes the deposit that is due to be double what it should be

Jackie G.
  • Industry: Restaurants

My Right Hand To Staying Organized!

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Organization! In this business of catering and special events you have to be able to stay organized and track communication. Before use of this product keeping track of emails and communication was a nightmare. I appreciate how everything is in one place under logical categories for ease of use.

I enjoy the Team Communication section as it allows me to keep track of where I left off with a client or to communicate with my team.

Pros

I really enjoy the report function of the software. It makes it very easy to report my monthly sales to the owners and GM. I appreciate the real time updates of changes as I make them and that the customer can refresh the portal to see changes as they are made.

The filters on Gather are very useful for me when it comes to sorting through bookings and events for more detailed booking information.

Cons

I would say the email feature is what I like least however with the new update I am noticing that more of my emails are now going to the clients and are not being lost to spam.

Joe P.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Great Support - Can Solve about any problem if you think flexible

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Took me awhile to get everyone on-board with it, and get people away from the idea of emailing a scanned, handwritten document.
But once people started seeing the magic it took off quick.

Pros

The calendar, daily updates, and ability to customize anything is amazing.

Cons

It's a lot of work to get all your documents set up just the way you want them. But once you figure it out it goes quickly. The support team is fast and can solve any problem. Sometimes they'll do the work for you.

Wish it handled vendors better and had a way to schedule musical acts within an event. You can make it work, but it's clunky.

Casey D.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Gather is Great!!

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

I would rate a 10/10, really the best booking system I have used.

Pros

This software is super user-friendly and is quick and easy for booking events from beginning to finish in one sitting.

Cons

When doing updates it does tend to time out and freeze but Gather reps always send out emails explaining what is going on which is always a great communicator!

Anna D.

Gather

Reviewed on 2020/02/06

It can do multiple things by partnering with other platforms/marketplace feature and it is a simpler process to create a BEO.

Pros

It has a marketplace feature which can create a profile for your restaurant and private space for other planners and clients to view your venue.

Cons

I can not put a time table where the menus are being created.
There is no way to highlight the menus and make the font larger.

Tiffanie M.

Gather Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

I really enjoy this software and have recommended it to other catering planners in the industry! It's so easy to use and I can log in on my computer or on my phone through the app.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of the software, it is very user friendly and you can jump right in! Clients love the online portal and find approving proposals and paying online to be really easy (I do, too!). Menu templates are easily created, whether a custom menu or pulling up from the existing menus. Customer support has been top notch.

Cons

I wish there was more ways to customize the invoice and BEOs for the client (picking and choosing which to display). Other than that, there is not much else to change on my end!

Esther L.

Not a flexible software for our rental venue

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

It has taken quite a while to learn how to use it properly. Customer service has been friendly, but the product is the product and I don't think it's right for us.

Pros

It's awesome to have all the information centrally located and to be able to process payments through it. Different staff can log in to see if a room is already booked and that's handy.

Cons

We have numerous recurring renters and this software is not at all set up for that. If we have a basketball team that rents our gym twice a week year-round and their payment arrives monthly, we have to go into every single booking to mark it paid and then close it. This seems unnecessarily time-consuming. Also, the reporting is very limited for our needs. We are less interested in tracking the reasons people don't book with us than we are at having a report that allows us to reconcile with our Quickbooks. At the training our finance director received, she was told the report she wanted didn't exist - what about offering a create-your-own option?

Jessica B.

Gather Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

Gather has made managing events effortless. The hardest part was the initial set up but after that the flow of information to both our external clients and internal team a breeze! This program is extremely user friendly and has features that allow the entire process from booking to execution very easy.

Cons

The main feature I would like to add is a automated notification when a contract has been updated along with the date of the last change.

Tobi H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Gather saved my events!

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Pros

Ease of functions, editing is simple, and updating contracts from anywhere.

Cons

I wish ours was setup to receive payments

Michelle L.

Gather Is The Bridge in Which I Succeed With

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Overall, the last 3 years I have solely used Gather to increase sales and execute events for my venues. Not only would I recommend Gather, I have had 2 acquaintances implement Gather for their banquet/catering needs.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly and is the bridge of communication between myself, my clients, my chef, and my management teams across 4 different venues. Event with the largest events with the most details, I am able to communicate with Gather with every individual involved.

Cons

Not even necessarily as a con, I do however wish that there was a way to directly send a mass email to all clients in the database for marketing purposes.

Holly C.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Tripleseat

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I have had Tripleseat at my past 3 locations. When I started with my current company they were using another system. I kept telling them what a difference our sales numbers would be with Tripleseat. Within the first quarter my numbers have shown I was right
Everyone at Tripleseat from the sales and account manager to CEO are amazing to work with

Pros

I love the task management. It is a great way for me to keep track of where I am in the planning process with every contact, account and booking.
The ability to set auto tasks is a time saver too

Cons

Honestly - Nothing.
If I have a questions or thought about something that would make my job easier they usually have a way for me to do it

David C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Gather has been a great tool that reduces the amount of time spent logging details of events!

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Pros

Everyone is able to see whats going on in the private dining room. From the Front of House Manger to the Chef to the GM and Banquet Manager. It's all available in one centralized location.

Customizing the menu options to cater to the guests needs is a breeze!

Sending out contracts that are consistent with your brand is important. Once it's worded properly and stored, it's sent out the same every time.

All communication between the guest and the venue is all in one place.

Cons

You can't add events through the app.

Changing the uploaded documents seems to revert back to older documents at times.

Sandy F.

Tripleseat Review

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Tripleseat is fantastic. Hands down. The site allows me, as an event coordinator, to have every event easily visible into the future so that I can build other events around this said date/time. The markers of blue/red/green (prospect/tentative/definite) are huge in how to book or if you are able. And, I can build BEOs and all that on my iPhone! Tripleseat makes my life so much easier!

Pros

User ability, ease when learning more (thanks to our rep that visited us!) we are still on a learning curve. All my pros are written below in the overall experience section.

Cons

So many contacts/whatever they are. I have so many. I need to learn how to downsize.

Melissa O.
  • Industry: Events Services

Event Coordinating Just Got Easier!

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Pros

It is a literal ONE STOP SHOP for all of your Event Coordinating & management needs! It houses all of your leads, easily converts them to a contact or event, allows you to customize what suits your venues needs by building as many templates as necessary & always easy to modify! Also a great overview of your week, easily generates reports, sales etc.

Cons

I can't say much that I dislike about the software, my team & I use it from clock-in to clock-out & also easily manage our events on off days if needed via smartphone.

Bradley E.

Event Essential

Reviewed on 2019/07/30

Gather support is always responsive and great. Overall experience is a 5 star!

Pros

Easy to use! I have been using this software for our private events for over 2 years now. Its so user friendly and i can have an Event BEO created within minutes. I would recommend to everyone.

Cons

The only downside i have right now is that the guest feedback responses are not going through to all guests. These are important to me as we have multiple locations and i am unable to be at every event booking.

Alexandra C.

Simple yet advanced event planning software.

Reviewed on 2017/12/16

Having one place for all of the events to live.

Pros

Gather offers users the ability to easily organize a vast majority of events that otherwise can become overwhelming. Being able to process payments on Gather is the BEST feature. It promotes a feeling of professionalism for the guest.

Cons

It could be a bit more streamlined, it requires some clicking that to get to new pages that could be eliminated. To be honest I am not crazy about their new branding, the symbol does not translate for me to something that makes sense.

Kim G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Gather Here, Simply the best catering program for both caterer and client

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Gather is always asking their clients how they can better serve us and is constantly making small time saving changes that do not require a learning curve. Whenever there is a glitch or an issue they are all over it and it is fixed quickly

Pros

visually attractive to the client, when I send a proposal it looks great with a big photo and links that are easy for the client to follow

Cons

For some reason, many times my emails send from Gather end up in my clients junk or spam folders but I think that is their security settings

Carlene I.

A Modern Day Software for a Modern Day Planner

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

I LOVE TRIPLESEAT. If you're a planner looking to for a software that is easy for you to use, your team, and your clients this is it. Their customer service is impeccable and all documents are customizable.

Pros

The best part about Tripleseat is the ease of use.

Cons

My least favorite part about the software is the reporting.

Mallory B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Tripleseat is a game changer!

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

Tripleseat is a game changer!

Pros

Tripleseat not only keeps me organized but I use it for every aspect of planning events at our restaurant. I don't know what I would do without it! Our management team stays on the same page by having shared access to the calendar. This also allows us to appropriately staff for specific dates by blocking out RTO dates around event-heavy weeks. I love the ability to capture leads, keep track of repeat clients, create contracts, update BEOs, manage food and beverage costs, and MORE all in the same database. Tripleseat rocks!

Cons

Can't think of a single thing. I used the Caterease software program for several years and when I started using Tripleseat it felt like I went from driving a used KIA to a brand new BMW.