Tripleseat Reviews

4.7/5 (252 reviews)
Meg B.

LOVE Tripleseat!

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Tripleseat helped me almost double my sales in one year, just from taking me a way from my color-coded sticky note and hard-copy calendar system. It makes it easier to take vacations and leave the other managers with clear instructions of what they need, communicate with my team and client at the same time so everyone is on the same page, etc. I also work from home most of the time so my Chef and GM have access to all of the BEO's and client information so they can see everything without me having to be there to bring it to them. Overall I love it!

Pros

I'll start out by saying that I'm a one woman operation. I'm the only one in our restaurant that sells, details and facilitates all of our events, plus plans all of our in-house events, plus managing the actual restaurant side...so I have a lot to do! Tripleseat makes my job exponentially easier and more streamlined. One of my favorite things is that they listen to their users. Every month there is something updated that makes it that much butter, and their customer service is fantastic. They've also started hosting events so you can get hands on training, meet the team, etc. I love that!

Cons

There are a lot of features that I don't use being one person in one unit. It would be nice if there were different tiers of pricing based on the parts you use and those you don't (like a Tripleseat Lite vs. Tripleseat Multi-Unit). That's about it!

Lauren R.

The system every Private Dining Sales person has been waiting for!

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

I had the pleasure of being introduced to Tripleseat at a previous job, and that company unanimously agreed for all of the concepts to make the switch to their program. It was better than the other options out there at the time, and made the most sense. After working with everyone while being at that company, I brought them on board to my current employer. Their sales team, support team, training team, all of them, are so friendly, and helpful! There is no question too small, or request too large to be considered.
I am a big fan, and would recommend them to anyone looking for a new booking system in a heartbeat.

Pros

My favorite part of TripleSeat is that everything makes logical sense, and is able to be customized to your needs. When inputting the information, you don't have unnecessary steps in order to get your basic needs into the system. If I have a brand new manager who only gets a date, time, number of guests, and the host's contact info, they can (within minutes) get them a contract. At the very least they can send them an email with menus and instead of loosing a sticky note, have it tracked so I can follow up.
Truly this was made for the Sales person in mind, with how the data is tracked, and how much time it saves.

Cons

My only wish for the software, was that it would allow for you to track correspondence directly with a contact and not having it connected to an event. There doesn't seem to be a way to pull up someone who is in your data base, and just send them a prospecting email, or share with them updated menus or promotions. You have to export their contact information and email, or use a previous event.

Shelley D.

Why I love Tripleseat

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

When I first started using the software 5 years ago, I found it very clunky and not very user friendly. I still feel it has a high learning curve, however, the features have expanded. I felt that, at first, growth was very slow. For a while over the last couple of years, so many new useful features were implemented. I feel that it has been a while since new features have been announced, and some areas in the software really need a facelift!

Pros

The designers at Tripleseat have consistently listened to customer requests to fine tune the software to meet our changing needs. The software can be very customized.

Cons

Though much has been added to customize the software, there are still some areas which are very lacking when trying to detail an event order for events. Though I love the strides made, certain items are still very rudimentary.

Stephen L.

Tripleseat review & comments

Reviewed on 2019/06/05

Tripleseat has grown with us at the rate we are able to understand and make positive advances with the software. They are allways available for discussion and help. My overall experence is we get very comfortable & professional service from Tripleseat.

Pros

I'm not at all a pro but so the ease of use is very important. The software was not designed originaly for my type of use, I'm a movie theater with special events. However it has been curved to be able to offer me everything I require to keep track of my special events. The calendar is esential for the number of events we have as each new movie release generates a new special event be it birthday parties or receptions and sometimes just a movie only seat reservation. Each style has to be noted and written up using the software to outline for each department in the Theater. The ability to arrange the many buckets we use to otline an event form the original set-up, as our understanding of the software increases is great.

Cons

Having to update each time changes are made to see how it will look onl the BEO is a little challenging. Then to view any changes I have to open up the BEO to see how it looks/fits etc. It would be nice to have a real time view/function of some sort to be able to see what someting looks like without having to udate first.

Chrissy R.

One Stop Shop

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I have not yet found something that I would like to use more than TripleSeat and I think it's well on it's way to being the BEST bang for your buck!

Pros

I love using TripleSeat for my business! Coming from a place of having to create separate documents for each piece of my event (BEO's, Proposals, Menus, Invoices, etc), it has not only streamlined my time, but also has prevented clerical errors moving from one document to another.

Cons

I think the more difficult parts of the software include the lack of customization, ie:
--colors that are used when the TripleSeat staff first load everything are not available when you try to customize
--it takes a million clicks to successfully get to where you want to go (to close an event, to confirm a payment)
--when I update a BEO, I have to manually save the OLD document and upload it into the system rather than it saving the old documents for me to reference
--when I add another document to an event, it changes the deposit that is due to be double what it should be

7.0/10
Kimberly S.

Helpful Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I direct events for 3 restaurants and tripleseat helps me stay incredibly organized.

Pros

The software is super user friendly and all employees I've trained on it have caught on quickly. I really like that its a one stop shop for creating documents and customizing everything to best fit your restaurant.

Cons

Emails through tripleseat show up in people's junk mail and gets blocked by firewalls alot. There was a period when it happened a good amount and I tested it out by sending test emails to friends who work at large banking companies. 2 of them never received the emails - not even in their junk.

I really wish there was a way (like with icontact) to make the emails appear less like spam- maybe automatically changing the subject line to "Events at Restaurant" .

When I went to tech support about this I was told that its bound to happen and we just have to tell clients to look in their junk folders which isn't really someting I can tell clients.

Jessica S.

Best Planning Software Available!

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

From customer service and support to the software use and setup, Tripleseat has changed or lives at work for the better!

Pros

I love the ease of use and the time it has saved me! More time, more events, more money!

Cons

There is not one thing I don't like...honestly!

Laura S.

Best event planning software on the market

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

Everything from being more organized, more efficient, client management, lead management to cost and financial analysis.

Pros

What is not to love? It has every feature and function that I need to keep me organized. We have over 200 weddings and events per year in a multi-million dollar waterfront restaurant, and Tripleseat is basically my right arm. I use it for everything from its calendar, creating BEOs and contracts for the clients, food and beverage cost management, etc. I also have demo'd similar products and have chosen to stay with Tripleseat because they have everything I need, and even things I didn't know I needed!

Cons

There really aren't any cons to list here - anytime I have needed something, I just talk to their customer service team and they explain where it is, or add it for me. For instance, I wanted better reporting on lead sources and where the business was coming from, and they added a custom report for me the next day!

Paige W.

Switched from Caterease and could not be happier!

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Pros

The functionality of Tripleseat is day and night from our previous provider. I love that I am able to figure out anything questions or modifications on my own because it is so easy to navigate, If I do have a questions that is tricky, there are many ways to reach out and get help in a timely manner. When we started up with TS, we were in a time crunch because our previous provider was about to go dark on us. TS expedited our menus and start up without me even asking and made it a complete breeze to being. I was so impressed and appreciated everything from start to finish while brining on TS that I asked my rep to forward a email to the CEO. The CEO himself reached out to me within hours to thank me. SO IMPRESSED with this company, product, service!!

Cons

We have been with Tripleseat for over a year now and my only con would be the reports section of the software. It is'nt not as user friendly as I would hope and seems limited. I would like to be able to customize this to use for reporting more.

Erin J.

Tripleseat is a life saver in the event planning world!

Reviewed on 2017/10/18

I'm happier and more productive at work. We also have happier customers who feel better taken care of. We are more thorough and proactive and our guests can tell. It also helps us stay on top of past guests/events so we remember to stay in touch and keep them coming back!

Pros

It really helps me and my team stay organized and better work together. Since transitioning to Tripleseat, all members of the team can work on each event instead of us each working in our own bubble. Events are more thorough, cohesive and guests get better attention. The tasks in the system are the best "task management" tool I've come across.

Cons

It sometimes feels that the help desk doesn't listen to you when you're trying to voice a complaint/error. They're quick to blame you or your other software before they even try to understand the issue and almost refuse to get on the phone with you.

Anna D.

Review of Tripleseat

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Well it has been 9 years since we have been using this product. We have been using with is to create events for the restaurant. It has a form that captures leads on the website.
There have been a handful of times that we have had someone reach out to us to see how we are doing.
Their is no integration with other sites that partner to capture more leads and bring them into the restaurant.
Marketing it can integrate with Mailchimp which is great but that is not enough for exposure.

Pros

It is east to use and create recurring events for the clients.
The integration with Mailchimp is simple.
Their is a way of storing CC cards for clients which is a nice feature

Cons

There are no integrations/partnerships with other sites like BizBatch, OpenTable so we get some exposure.
We were never explained about the market place and how to create a better listing.
No real human help unless that you reached out and asked.

5.0/10
Lauren H.

Changed the way we do business!

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

Tripleseat has truly been a game changer for us! We are definitely happy with their services, however we would love to see some custom changes in the near future.

Pros

Previously, all of our event leads were coming in directly through email and we were tracking by typing them into our outlook calendar. Stone ages, I tell ya! Now, our entire events team has access to all conversations, can edit contracts at any given time and are able to cut down our response time in half. Tripleseat has been a huge improvement for us!

Cons

Some of the customizations and communication pieces aren't super helpful. We've had an issue with multiple emails being sent to our shared inbox, but received very little help to fix the problem. Additionally, the email thread is very hard to read sometimes when the body of the email is copied in. The communication flow could be a lot cleaner. We also would like to see a place where we can store data regarding the event (post event), particularly follow up notes.

7.0/10

Tripleseat after 1 Year

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Training was quick and easy and support has been extremely good. The transition did pose some problems, as trying to make our systems fit into Tripleseat took some true trying and testing, and it seems we're still making changes. But overall it feels like a good fit. Anxious to explore the new reporting platform!

Pros

Accessibility. We'd previously used another catering software which needed to be accessed via an interface, which took time and was often frustrating with spotty wifi. Also, the platform is completely web-based, so accessing it on a PC or a Mac device is easy.

Cons

The fact that merged documents are .pdfs. It would be so much better if documents, such as contracts and/or especially Banquet Event Orders could be merged to .Word docs, which may be edited (page breaks!) after merging. It's supposed to be views on a screen, rather than printed, but our Chefs still require everything printed, so it's a hassle going back and forth between the document and the print/screen.

Nicole O.

Tripleseat has made my job so much easier!

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Ease of doing my job, tons of time saved.

Pros

The best feature in Tripleseat is the ability to make a change once, to multiple documents. This saves so much time and energy! I love the ability to completely customize the program itself, too. Reporting has never been easier. Simply select what you want to see, then generate. Their helpdesk staff are incredible as well--very speedy and informative. Overall, could not do my job without this software system!

Cons

The only downside is not being able to print calendars. I do understand the reason though--Tripleseat is meant to be current and up-to-date at all times. Once you print the calendar it is no longer accurate, essentially. However, there is still a need for printed calendars in my job.

Aristede C.

A Restaurant Manager's Success with Tripleseat

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Overall guest satisfaction has increased with Tripleseat as it allows for thorough communication between a client, the sales team, and the service team. The level of attention to the guest needs and desires has had a positive impact on service via Tripleseat.

Pros

I like the discussions tab. It allows for the effective communication necessary for the execution of a successful event. You are able to communicate with the guest, sales manager, and service team. The discussions tab has allowed up to date info available in a real time setting. For example, just today we have a dinner for 16 guests that we were able to share the guests expectations and needs with our service team that were not available in the BEO.

Cons

The daily notices do not always contain accurate information. Sometimes a party's size or booked room may change and the daily email notice does not contain the changed status.

Yessica R.

Tripleseat: A tool that every event planner needs

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

This software is a time saver for every event planner out there. The notes on the calendar keep me updated, and improve the communication with our clients.

Pros

I like the way it is arranged! The dashboard indicate important information you might need in your daily basis. The calendar and other tabs from the menu, are very well organized, easy to access, and great features you can have to run reports, among other things.
There are several filters you can use to search for events status, rooms, owners, and availability in the calendar. The copying feature for events and notes, is one of the greatest time saver on this software.

Cons

Not be able to copy an event for several days at once in the calendar.

Cassandra P.

Love Tripleseat

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Events is a very detailed business and TS solves those needs. Every client needs an adjustment to the contract notes or header or client name or tax status and I can edit every single thing on TS. I used to use Caterease in the past and it was so difficult to change the forms.

Pros

It is so customizable and useful from the reports to the details that you can add in to documents.

Cons

The customer service could be better. Half the time the chat function is offline. And when I email customer service, they never seem to understand my questions or have a genuine desire to help. I asked for some marketing help because TS has sent out email blasts for me in the past, and this year, they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about.

James M.

Tripleseat is a software you NEED!

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Tripleseat has completely transformed the way I do business. Moving from paper quotes and contracts to having an actual system like a corporation to manage my customers. It’s night and day the amount of information I know about my customers now and as the owner, I like that I can see where each customer is in the sales funnel. It’s made our company paperless and so much more organized. In the end, our customers trust us more because we never miss a detail and my employees save time because they aren’t endlessly chasing down information.

Pros

Very easy to learn and setup due to the onboarding team and account representative.

Cons

It’s hard to find something I don’t like about tripleseat. I guess my only complaint would be there’s no mobile app, just a mobile website. So you have to sign in each time on mobile. It’s really not a bother, but if you are forcing me to say something negative, that’s all I can think of!

Madison B.

Good experience, can use improvements

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I really have enjoyed using Tripleseat so far, overall. If there could be a way to fix the email going to spam issue, it would make me trust Tripleseat much more.

Pros

First I need to state that we use Tripleseat for unconventional purposes as we are not a restaurant. But I will say it has really helped streamline our contracts and payment processes -- I've noticed a substantial improvement in our A/R process and some credit is due to Tripleseat's ease of use for clients.

Cons

There are a lot of features I wish the software had, or that the software made easier to use. One example would be to show me on the dashboard how many contracts we have sent out that still await client signatures, and to be able to issue automated follow-ups for completion. Another major issue we've recently uncovered is that Tripleseat communication with clients often goes into their SPAM folder which creates obvious issues for us in terms of securing contracts and making our clients happy.

6.0/10

Thankful for reports

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Reporting functions and calendar systems

Pros

The automated reporting has made forecasting easy

Cons

Nothing much, it’s made scheduling bookings easy

Sarah S.

Tripleseat

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

I truly enjoy working with Tripleseat. The account managers are awesome! They are always there when needed, answer questions so quickly. It is very easy to learn. I have been working with them myself for over 5+ years and its been a pleasure.

Pros

Very easy to use. The staff and help team is amazing. They will help create reports, customize your account to best fit your needs and give recommendations on how to better use their system.

Cons

Not connecting to all reservation sites. We use Reserve Reservation System and Triplseat does not connect to their system so when a reservation is made in Tripleseat we have to input it again into our Reservation system and vice versa.

Laura O.

Love TripleSeat!

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Tripleseat is fast and easy to set up for all locations. We have had several new openings recently and they walk us right through basecamp and support us with any questions that we have. When we transitioned to Tripleseat, we were in bad shape and not able to get the reporting that we needed. That has changed with Tripleseat. Also, I would like to give props to our account manager, she has had all the answers and, if she didn't, she got them for us. Thanks to our rep for selling us on the product in the beginning. We are very happy to be with Tripleseat!

Pros

Ease of use and customization of layout and reports. I really appreciate being able to create separate reports for boh and foh and then granularize them to get just what is needed by the individual manager.

Cons

that the online chat is rarely available when I need it. This is really my only consistent issue.

Holly C.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Tripleseat

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

I have had Tripleseat at my past 3 locations. When I started with my current company they were using another system. I kept telling them what a difference our sales numbers would be with Tripleseat. Within the first quarter my numbers have shown I was right
Everyone at Tripleseat from the sales and account manager to CEO are amazing to work with

Pros

I love the task management. It is a great way for me to keep track of where I am in the planning process with every contact, account and booking.
The ability to set auto tasks is a time saver too

Cons

Honestly - Nothing.
If I have a questions or thought about something that would make my job easier they usually have a way for me to do it

Laura S.

Tripleseat User Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

I love the ability to track events, sales and contacts in the Reports section of Tripleseat. This is very helpful when forecasting for year-over-year sales.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and streamlined. My favorite feature has got to be the tasks which you can link to an event or contact. This really helps me stay on track. I can even create tasks for non-event items such as book-keeping or outbound sales.

Cons

I think the messaging feature is not useful because it creates a duplicate communication log if you are also using regular email to correspond with clients. It's not a bad feature, but I just don't think it's useful.

Tripleseat Software Review - 5/23/19

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

With Tripleseat, we as a Sales team use it the most but it is available for all chefs and managers to view and see what's coming up. It's easy to use on a day to day basis, and now that the whole team is on board it's a good communication tool.

Pros

I like that Tripleseat has a very easy-to-use interface and keeps everything from leads/events/contacts/accounts very organized. I also like that it is customized to each company or group that uses it.

Cons

There seem to be a few glitches - not everyone gets my email because their servers mark tripleseat discussion emails as spam. I also can't always link up other programs to it (Social Tables).