Rebrandly

Link management for branding

Matthew W.

As advertised

Reviewed on 2020/05/30

Using Rebrandly for setup, generation and management of customized shortened URLs ('vanity' URLs).

Pros

Easy to onboard. Easy to use. Optimized short domain purchase and management. Nothing extra in the interface.

For two brands, it took me less than half an hour to purchase shortened URL domain, set-up redirects and create links.

The pricing is fair and legitimately volume-based.

Cons

No cons. It would be convenient if it integrated more seamlessly with more social schedulers, but the sleek experience they provide is worth a couple extra copy-pastes IMHO.

Hootsuite

Reasons for Switching to Rebrandly

Zero gripes about Hootsuite. We still use it every day for scheduling and are very happy with it, but: (1) We have multiple brands, and needed multiple shortened URLs. This meant a considerable price difference. Rebrandly gives you 5 SURLs for $4 (technically, you can get 5 for free, but then you don't get basic redirecting). Hootsuite prices vanity SURLs as a premium feature. So Team Tier for 1 SURL (5x cost of their Professional Plan), Business Tier for 5 SURLs (25x cost of their Professional plan). Yes, both of these Tiers come with a lot more firepower than just additional vanity SURL support, but it in our case, we only needed SURLs. (2) The shortened URL experience in Hootsuite, while quite good, seems designed for larger marketing teams. More steps than we needed.
Teegan F.

Great way to make branded links

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Rebrandly has made it so much easier to share links on social media, and especially via printed materials. Since the links are shorter and easier to read, it's much easier for people to type them in. Turning long referral urls into short easy to read urls has been really important and useful for our business.

Pros

The ability to make great looking short links to share on social media or on printed material. The system was also relatively easy to setup and connect to me current domain name. I like the option to also purchase more domains directly from them. Being able to use my current URL and create a custom version was probably the best feature of this product.

Cons

I've had no major problems so far. The only thing I've noticed is that there is no Safari extension option, just the bookmarklet for creating branded links. They do have a macOS app, but I'd rather not have another button in my menu bar.

Bitly

Reasons for Switching to Rebrandly

The free version has much more features and allows you to use your current domain name for the short url.

Response from Rebrandly

Hi Teegan,

Thanks for your review of Rebrandly. It's great to hear that you're enjoying the tool and we've helped you bridge the gap between digital and print advertising. I'll pass your comments along to our team regarding the Safari extension, we may prioritize expanding our efforts there in the future.

Katie

Danielle W.
  • Industry: Banking

Watchout - intentionally making it hard

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

If you have extra money to burn and don't mind paying for subscriptions you didn't sign up for and can't cancel, then it's a decent service with a nice interface.

Pros

It's easier to use these rebranding websites than create my own domain URL re-direct.

Cons

While it says I'm on the free plan, I'm being charged and I can't easily unsubscribe. The methods to stop them charging you is intentionally obtuse for the purposes of their on-going revenue stream. Likewise, their payment sign up process is also sneaky as I found I paid for a service I've never use.

Bob S.

I really like this tool for rebranding and shortening my links, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

This is very easy to use and create new, rebranded links for any URL. You can also edit those links so if your target changes you can update the branded link with the new target URL and not have to change the one you are sharing.

Cons

I do not recommend tying your Rebrandly account with Clickmeter as you will not be able to go back and edit them later. I had to delete all my Clickmeter links and start over so I could edit. Also, the stats are limited with the free account.

Response from Rebrandly

Thanks for the great review Bob, it's great to hear that you're enjoying Rebrandly- especially the editing feature. Sorry about the inconvenience with having to delete the ClickMeter connected links!

Ron elius S.

The URL Shortener that will bring you detailed analysis

Reviewed on 2019/04/13

Amazing Tool!

Pros

As a Business Professional and a Marketer, branding your links is a must because if your links are generic, no one will remember it because it only has a bunch of letters and numbers which is gibberish but with Rebrandly, Brand your links so that people will click on it and remember it. Of course, those links that are super-long will be shortened, no more annoying hyperlinks that are way too long. If you’re an advocate of Personal Branding, then use this because it’s a must-haves for Branding Experts.

Cons

As far as I can know, I still don’t see or had any bad experience using this Software.

Response from Rebrandly

Thanks for the great review, Ron. I'm really glad that you're finding Rebrandly useful- we totally agree. Having your brand on your links is so important for creating a cohesive customer experience. Happy rebranding!

-Katie Espinoza
Rebrandly

Andrey R.

You need to shorten your URLs

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

I just need some links to be shortened and if they are branded, this is great for me and the goals I’ve got.

Pros

I like how simple and easy is to create branded and short URL address especially if they are in Cyrillic. The detailed reports are what I expect from such a tool.

Cons

It’s difficult to find the name of one thing that I dislike about Rebrandly.

Amy H.
  • Industry: Design

Incredibly easy to use and get set up with

Reviewed on 2021/06/18

Pros

This software has allowed me to monitor click throughs to links sent to clients, so I know if they've viewed proposals. It also allows me to have better consistency with clients and a more professional outgoing to clients, with personalised URLS. Really easy to use, love that it has a plugin

Cons

Nothing major, sometimes takes a while to load in the plugin and sometimes can have issues in combination with Evrybo.

Mike C.

Excellent way to get your brand into your short links

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

It makes the short links we share instantly recognisable as being from our brand rather than from some anonymous link shortening software.

Pros

Ease of use - it's very quick to use, and the stats are fascinating. We use Rebrandly every single day to rebrand short links using a domain we bought specifically for the purpose. The inks are instantly recognisable as our brand.

James P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Featured URL Shortener

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

The previous url shorterner I used looked ugly and spammy. So with Rebrandly, the links that look like an extension of a real domain come across as safe enough to click through. Using Rebrandly is also super easy, once you've configured the domain.

Pros

Rebrandly makes it easy to use your own domain to shortern links so that they look professional and inviting to click.

Cons

Map tracking feature not available, to see where visitors are from.

Daniel G.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Does it exactly what it says it will do.

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Pros

Simple. Easy to setup a new link. Use customized links to your heart's content. Purchasing a domain is easier than slicing bread, and the best thing since.

Cons

No easy way to view stats without logging in. You have to log in, find the shortened URL, and click on it to view stats.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Rebrandly: Short Links that Matter

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Pros

Rebrandly offers the best overall experience for anyone looking for a solution to create and track easy, meaningful short links.

Cons

There is a wealth of capacity and capability for free users-but if and when that doesn’t meet your needs, it’s a pretty big leap into their paid plans.

Response from Rebrandly

Thanks for your review of Rebrandly! It's great to hear that you enjoy the experience, and I hope you'll keep on creating branded links! While we do offer premium and enterprise level accounts, our first paid subscription starts off at $29 per month- check out our pricing page here for more details: https://rebrandly.com/pricing. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you ever want to discuss your account in greater detail.
-Katie

Jürgen S.

Functional but Pricey.

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Overall a good product, albeit expensive and options that should be standard are extra cost. Support is very defensive, don't answer questions related to feature request, rather just offer to call and "make it work for you".

Pros

Ability to quickly make custom branded short URLs

Cons

What one might consider "standard" features for this type of software, come with add-on costs to an already pricey base.

Jyothish J.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

The Best Custom Branded URL+ Remarketing Tool in the Marketing

Reviewed on 2018/10/25

Rebrandly deserves all praise for its innovative branded URL+retargeting functionalities which are key for content marketing. However, for advance facilities, you need to pay and use since there is no trial option for those features.

Pros

Rebrandly provided the option to create custom branded URL links along with the power of remarketing in one tool.

Cons

The product should give the users free trials for the re-marketing functionality as well.

Response from Rebrandly

Thanks for the great review! While we're not currently offering free trials of advanced features, all of our paid plans do come with a no questions asked 30-day money back guarantee. If you have any questions about the service in the future I hope you'll feel free to reach out!

Dario O.

Best Free URL Brand Shortener

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

I have used it for a while now mainly on LinkedIn and Facebook to post relevant content which then points to my own sites. Been happy with it and how it functions. If I had much more traffic I would have subscribed for the paid version but for now a Free version does the job. Not many people know about Rebrandly and I would love to recommend it to anyone because it is Free, has many features of similar paid services and is easy to use and master.

Pros

Some of Advantages Rebrandly has over other URL Brand Shorteners:
- It is Free
- Comes with unlimited redirects
- Tracking 5000 clicks Free which is more then any other competitor
- Can have 500 branded links
- Ability to hook your own 5 domains (no other competitor lets you have this for free)
- Easy to use

Cons

As I am using a Free version there is nothing to dislike, everything is good.

Angélica C.
  • Used for 1+ year

Really good deal for its service.

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Pros

Rebrandly is a very welcome alternative as shortener if you would like to use your own domain.
I was looking for a long time for an alternative to Yourls, and Rebrandly was a good fit. It is hosted, easy to set up and works right away.

Cons

If you need statistics, you'll have to rely on the integrations with Bitly or Goo.gl. There is no easy way to get all the stats, unless it's one url per time.

If you need something working right out of the box, with a custom domain, this is for you. But if you need statistics, you'd better use the apps feature to add bitly or goo.gl to get basic information on your tracking links.

• Industry: Music

Brand Your Links

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

All links I share with my clients regarding my business has now the studio name etched in, which is fantastic. I wish they come up with new solutions and innovate as to what further can be done using this system, also to rebrand and share temporary cloud links would be great.

Pros

- Branding and personalising in the age of links galore adds a layer of elegance, professionalism as well as helps in maintaining the brand identity with a personal touch.
- You can create custom links to just about anything on the internet, for sharing purposes.

Cons

- A bit tedious
- One needs to own a domain name exclusively for Rebrandly use only, cannot integrate with a pre existing domain
- Wish there was a quick link creation method in order to share temporary links to files in the cloud storage etc.

Adriahnna C.

Branded custom shortlinks

Reviewed on 2018/07/19

Pros

Rebrandly is affordable, easy to configure, and easily accessible from phone or computer. I have contact bitly several times requesting info on how to create my account with them and still no response.

Cons

The annoying line under every link. I send links to writers and the line under it to change it to a rebrandly link is sort of aggravating. I don't want everything to have a custom short link. Easy to ignore though

Response from Rebrandly

Hey Adriahnna, thanks for the great review! Just FYI, you can disable the automatic link detection feature of the extension if you don't want it to suggest you rebrand every link. Just right click on the extension, go to Options and toggle to turn it off. I hope that'll help you out!

Best way to have custom domain with short links

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

It's very easy to set up and get started. The website interface and the API are both very well-structured, so it's easy to create short links from the web or programatically.

Cons

The limitations on the free plan, especially compared to Bit.ly

Tarcea W.

Probably the BEST Link Shortener!

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Nice company-branded short links and great tracking features. It's the best link shortener I've used and I've pretty much-tested everything else available.

Pros

Rebrandly allows me to re-brand and personalize my shortlinks without adding too many extra characters and gibberish like other link shorteners who still end up making my links way longer than I intend. Rebrandly actually shortens the link and allows me to customize the ending and add unique tracking features as well so I can know how effective my marketing is through their shortener as well.

• Used for 1+ year

Very simple and easy way to use a custom domain for links

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Convert long and complex URLs into branded custom links that are useful for sales and marketing

Pros

The number of integrations and apps makes Rebrandly stand out from their competition and the ease of adding a custom domain.

Cons

The price starts to get too expensive when you're wanting to add retargeting features or higher quantities of custom domains

Easily Manage Branded Short Links

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Easy to use, offers a free version, and Google chrome extension available.

Pros

Rebrandly gives me the ability to brand, shorten my links and share using my brand and domain name. Clean dashboard, easy to rebrand my links and track clicks.

Cons

Too early to say. So far the price is right, implementation is easy, and tracking is displayed in the dashboard.

Response from Rebrandly

Thanks for the great review, I hope you still haven't found any cons! Happy Rebranding!

Alyssa S.

Great tool for shortening links

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

I love Rebrandly for link retargeting. I will definitely continue to use them!

Pros

Rebrandly is fantastic for link shortening. You can have multiple domain names, and have link retargeting which makes it really great for campaigns.

Cons

Some features are limited on the free plan, but it is well worth it to upgrade to the starter or even pro plan with enough clicks.

Osmir D.

Best Overall Link Marketing Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Rebrandly has made our content more appealing in having a recognizable, memorable link directly affiliated with our name. It has helped us in increasing our brand recognition and CTR.

Pros

You can use the software absolutely free for a while, without putting a credit card on file or dedicating to anything. I love the analytics, thorough, colorful, useful. You can target, find keywords, share between colleagues, and track from social media, search engine, and even email. You can also integrate with over 50 other platforms, which is always needed in optimizing workflows!

Cons

The software has a bit of a learning curve, and especially in integrating your own links, you need some experience in domains and DNS.

• Industry: Entertainment

So. Easy.

Reviewed on 2018/10/15

Pros

Rebrandly is so intuitive and easy to use. We needed a simple solution for creating short, memorable links for our customers (specifically on instagram) and it is the perfect solution.

Cons

So far, I don't have any cons with this service!

Response from Rebrandly

Thanks for the great review, we're delighted to hear you're enjoying the tool!

Doug C.

Easy-Peasy & Oh, so Pleasing

Reviewed on 2017/12/06

Ease of use and functional. Just get it.

Pros

When it comes to URL shorteners, there are many choices... all free. However, FB hates them and so my CF and affiliate offers were cumbersome to post.

Not anymore.

With ReBrandly, I can easily cloak affiliate links with ease AND they all get posted!