E2 Shop System

Shop management for shops & made-to-order manufacturers

4,3
Todd H.

E2 Software

Reviewed on 2021/01/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall business processing in our fast paced manufacturing business

Pros

Ease of use, customer support and the fact we could move from our previous E2 to this one almost seamlessly.

Cons

Pricing of additional seats, but that is everyone's complaint about all products lol!

Tabatha S.
Industry: Medical Devices

E2 Team

Reviewed on 2020/10/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

E2 ShopTech has a great team to work with when your troubleshooting. If they can not find the answer they will make a copy of your database and find the answer and let you know the results. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] proved this to me on my last ticket sent in. Thank you for all your help troubleshooting the cost report vs the inventory stock amount.

Pros

Easy use for an ERP System. I enjoy all the help and support when I was leaning this software a few years ago. the transition from the old software to the new software was very easy. Your team is very helpful when teaching others how to use the software. The classes are a huge help. Thank you.

Cons

I could see improvement in offering the old live classes in the old E2 software. My old job, I used the old software then transitioned my team to the new we based software. Now, I am back using the old software until I move them to the web based software, and the classes are only in the new web based software, so it is difficult to teach a new team how to use this software when the video's only show the new web based version.

Roy A.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Gem-Trim of Houma, LLC (Manufacturer of Control Valve Parts)

Reviewed on 2020/03/05

Our experience has been excellent.

Pros

Gem-Trim is a small manufacturing company of control valve parts. The E2 Shop System fit our company perfectly with the three modules we needed (Manufacturing, Financial, Quality). E2 is not a multi layered system like some of the other systems we looked at. Gem-Trim uses all three modules to a high degree and the three modules compliment each other and provides management to a vast amount of information. The E2 System is an extremely user friendly product but still gives a small company the big company profile.

Cons

There were some minor obstacles in the program we had to overcome and adjust to, but the support from the E2 staff was a tremendous help and assisted us through those situations.

Chad D.
Industry: Machinery

New E2 User - Happy So far.

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

So far - we have been very happy with it. The simplicity of the product is a great. As it matures, perhaps some of the features will grow too. We will continue to support that endeavor by providing as much feedback as we can, and offering new product ideas that can be rolled out into the system.

Pros

Value is great, and the Cloud Based version is easy to step into. E2 appears to be ahead of the curve with getting their platform onto a cloud system for their customers, and it was one of the deciding factors why we went with E2 instead of other ERP system out there. Because of the cloud-based nature of the system, we have enjoyed the frequent updates to the product, it feels like we should never get behind. This is a comforting benefit as a system ages.

The flow of work through the system is clearly organized to make the use of the system easy to understand for new users. We have background in a couple other standard ERP systems, and moving into E2 has been easy after a few pointers about how the system runs. The home-screen that shows work flow is easy to follow.

Lastly - one of our favorite features has been how easy it is to customize reports. Sometimes it can be tricky, or perform unexpectedly, but all-in-all it workable. A more advanced tutorial on report customization would be helpful

Cons

There are not many broad system cons that we have found. We find the system to be simple and that it does what it is supposed to do well. Mostly, we have noticed over the past 10 months features we wish were included making E2 a more feature rich system.

For example, inventory management could be more feature rich, including categories for non-inventory items (e.g. tooling, etc.) as a default option out of the box, or multiple pricing structures based on vendor, beyond the simple standard cost. We also wish it were were easy to reserve parts being made on a STOCK job to a newly entered sales order. There may be a way to do this, but it has not been immediately clear

For incoming material, it would be nice to have the ability to receive parts/material via the data collection terminal right on the shop floor, rather than having to use a full license to perform what is a basic transaction. Furthermore, the ability to print an "Incoming Material" report for each purchase order (service or otherwise) would be helpful for a shop management. This way there is a paper record of what is coming in on a PO.

For work flow, it'd be nice if there were options linking to create an invoice directly from a packing list (e.g. a save and create invoice option in the save button).

Some of these missing features we find to be inhibiting our efficiency of implementation, so far we are working around them.

Michele D.

9 Year User of E2 Shoptech

Reviewed on 2016/03/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The product is a comprehensive job tracking system. When using the individual "modules" in the correct order in creating parts, quotes, jobs, purchases, shipments, etc. you will be able to trace, track, run reports and get great information. Shoptech as a vendor has always been extremely helpful when you contact them. You will not sit on hold for hours like with some other vendors. You will find both basic information and more extensive information on their website either through webinars, help papers, virtual training classes and also User Discussion Boards. Should you not find the information which you are seeking, their staff is very informative and will not leave you in a bind.

Cons

The vendor is very upfront about what their system will and will not accomplish. I miss my accounting bells and whistles with having real time reporting at my finger tips (however, they do provide a "Quick-view" area in which to get real time data for various areas in the system such as job status, parts/customer/vendor inquiries and information, PO status, etc. The worst issue that I can state is that in order to take a look at where items are hitting the G/L, the month in question has to be posted. In order to make any changes, the months have to be unposted. Users should not be in the "Accounting area" when this is being done. AND the worst part in using the audit trail to see which user possibly edited something, no matter where in the system, the audit trail will only tell you who viewed, possibly edited, but will not give you further information to solve your puzzles as to who did what, when and why.

Nick E.

E2 Shop System Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

See my answer under "Pros".

Pros

The software is very easy to learn and the interface is extremely easy to navigate. The modules provided exactly mirror the processes in our business so almost every part of the software is applicable to our day to day operations.

Having our business data archived, accessible and organized has sped up and simplified many of the tasks that used to take much longer. Estimates are now completed much faster and processes such as material receiving, shipping or the production of purchase orders for our vendors have become standardized and much easier to do. The time savings and insights into our business / production processes have made us more competitive and our customers (especially our larger industrial customers) see value in the advantages we've gained from the software.

Cons

The one part of the software that we find of little value is scheduling. This may not be the case for other users but as a job shop we've found that the scheduling module simply doesn't work with the realities of our production processes.

April Y.

Works for us

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

The customer service provided by E2 has always been outstanding. I appreciate that they are regularly making improvements and seem to respond to user feedback in a timely manner. This system works well for our needs.

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to navigate through. We do not utilize everything E2 has to offer. We create orders, packing slips, invoices and vendor PO's with E2. We are in an internet deadzone and have really bad service in the shop so we are unable to use the data collection portion and we use QuickBooks for our billing. for what we use it for it works great. The traveler make sense, creating packing slips and invoices is simple and the customer service is top notch.

Cons

The interface is not really intuitive, there was a big learning curve for my team. For example, when we were first trying to print job travelers we were hitting the "print" button in the top right. This was not the correct button. The correct button is "reprint" on the left side of the screen. Why would we be "reprinting" something that we haven't even printed yet? And why have two print options when one isn't even really an option? Another example with some of our frustrations is with the GL accounts. You have to assign an account to a tool in order for it to be properly assigned in QuickBooks. When invoicing, you are required
to enter what GL account you would like that invoice assigned to, but it does nothing. The GL accounts are attached to tools, not invoices. If you do your bookkeeping in QuickBooks it is pointless. It would be really helpful if you could assign your GL account in the invoicing stage, but you can't.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mike H.

Shoptech experience

Reviewed on 2016/07/31

As a manufacturer of plastic tubes and extrusions, we have been using E2 Shoptech since 2005. It replaced a very costly "Great Plains" software that we had been using and we have not looked back since. Very satisfied

Pros

E2 Shoptech is easy to learn, keeps track of all necessary metrics, is very forgiving when mistakes are made on self-inflicted data input, and customizable to fit the needs of most companies.

Cons

If I had to find 1 weakness that pertains to our use of the program is that it could use a more visually impacting display for a shipping schedule. Shoptech does compile all necessary shipping data - just doesn't display it in a format that works for us. Probably would work for most other companies - just not a perfect display for us. Shoptech does permit workarounds and we have found this to be a very easy solution. Shoptech automatically sends shipping, BOL, tracking, etc to a standalone shipping schedule display that Shoptech helped us develop. Again, not a serious con as it was easily correctible to our satisfaction.

Susan G.

To tell the truth...

Reviewed on 2016/07/28

I started using E2 in 2006 when I began working at Precision Technologies. The software was already installed but it wasn't fully integrated throughout the company. Routers were minimal, no time wanding...just a lot of things that needed to be implemented. I found it extremely easy to get it up and running to where all could benefit from the information collected by E2. Soon we were ready for ISO...and because the software helped to organize our company, that was easy to do!

Pros

As a previous user of a competitors software, I must say that the ease of use is extremely important to any company; and I find E2 very user friendly! It's everything you need to know or see at your fingertips.

Cons

Our company has transitioned since inception of E2 and now we do an incredible amount of large assemblies and they are on kanban. This is the only area that I can honestly say I wish there was a better way to keep track of stock jobs and inventory. *Small assemblies not on kanban are a piece of cake*

Daniella S.
Industry: Oil & Energy

E2 is a fully functional Shop program that is user friendly and a great product.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

The software allows you to create items on the fly to eliminate down time.
E2 is very customizable to your specific needs in your organization.
E2 has integrated the various currencies that are used in transactions.
The software has user security so that you can limit the information seen by each user
It is a fully functional program that takes the part from inception and quote stage to the full out Order processing and then to shipping.
We love the integration with Data Collection to minimize input of labour entries
Customer Service is great and they can usually fix the issue within 1 or 2 phone calls unless it is a larger issue but is also escalated to keep the down time to a minimum.
It is also pretty easy to teach new employees on how to use the program.

Cons

The software is a great product and I really don't have anything we don't like about the program. We use it daily and very rarely do we have any issues.

Jake K.
Company size: Self Employed

Online usability was a game changer

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Before having E2 I was keeping paper files of every piece of material that I had on hand. When going back to bill, it was so time-consuming to flip through all of my inventory orders and trying to keep them straight. It also saves a lot of time when quoting with the automatic functions that are built-in.

Pros

The online interface that is active was a huge time-saving feature for a small shop like my own. At the end of the day instead of having to finish up all billing or quoting from the day, I could now go home and use the online interface to finish everything up. With young kids and a longer commute, it has made the workday more flexible.

Cons

Being a smaller shop, I hardly ever use the shipment function for my orders. It is a step that has to be done to get to the final billing step so it just takes more time than needed to get the invoices out. Very important to larger companies that ship daily and need to track all of their shipping labels and documents.

Robert S.

Can't live without it!

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

When I started working with this company they had already implemented E2 at the basic level. Basically it was used to input jobs, POs, and Quotes. Since then we've incorporated automated triggers for almost every department, setup and run the scheduling feature (replacing an exhausting Excel schedule we had to constantly change), track employee training, quality aspects, and run several reports to show efficiency, profitability, etc.

Pros

Most everything. It encompasses all aspects of our manufacturing facility, including machine scheduling, quality aspects (including tracking training), POs, Quotes, Corrective Actions, etc. We continue to try to find new aspects of this to incorporate in to our system because it is all so seamless together. Anytime we have questions about setting something up or fixing an error we're getting the E2 Support has been knowledgeable and gotten us squared away.

Cons

It can be a lot to set up at first, however, once it's done it is worth it.

Frank G.

E2 Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Our overall experience with E2 has been very positive. Shoptech has a module that we used to help prepare us for our ISO 9000 and AS9100 certification. We were able to build our QMS documents with the push of a button. Our auditor was impressed with how well our E2 system was integrated with our QMS documents.

Pros

E2 is very easy to use. We like the ability to integrate our quality management system within E2. E2 is very customizable.

Cons

The integration with Quickbooks is still a nebulous to us. But in fairness to E2, we have not do much research into it nor are we accounts!

Eric B.
Industry: Industrial Automation

Statements

Reviewed on 2019/08/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have used E2 to make a large inventory and manage it better and efficiently.

Pros

All areas in the manufacturing process can all be done on one software.

Cons

When you tab over creating a new order and adding part number you can accidently tab to fast and it will us a sub menu for a different quantity.

Darla S.
Industry: Machinery

Good software for a small company

Reviewed on 2020/02/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is a versatile software, allowing me to track purchase orders and receivers for accounting purposes. The best part about this software is the customer service. I can call for help, and they are not in a hurry to get me off the phone. They truly want me to be able to use it the way I need to.

Pros

This software is pretty easy to use. It has functionality for just about everything, from quoting, purchase orders, receiving, accounts payable and accounts receivable. This software also has the ability to keep track of inventory.

Cons

As most software, there are some glitches. I may sometimes need to exit out of the software, or exit the application entirely and go back in so that I can properly do data entry. The software also has a very basic look and reminds me of DOS applications made to work in a Windows environment. We do not use the payroll function, as we do our own direct deposit and I see no option. That would be a great addition to make to the software

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Doug T.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Powerful software that is easy implement and use

Reviewed on 2016/07/28

We have been users for over 8 years. We implemented E2 and went live in about 3 weeks. Within 6 months, we were using all of the modules. Support is great. We had a dedicated contact for the first year. After that, the support line has very short wait times. My questions are usually answered before I get off of the phone.

The best thing I can say is that we have not had any downtime in 8 years due to and E2 problem!

Pros

It is very easy to use. It is very stable and dependable.

It is very powerful. The implementation team did an outstanding job of understanding our business and processes, then setting up E2 to mirror our business.

Cons

No complaints. It does everything we need it to do.

Carlos S.
Industry: Oil & Energy

E2 changed everything for us!

Reviewed on 2015/09/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As General Manager for a small family run job shop what I liked most about E2 was their customer service and support as well as the user friendly interface that the software provides. E2 is a simple to use yet powerful MRP system that allowed us to go from all manual processes (e.g., quoting, order processing, invoicing, etc.) to a fully computerized, database driven system that allows us to track jobs, cycle times, attendance, etc. With different modules you can add on when you are ready, E2 is ready to grow with your business as you need! It does everything our shop needs it to do!

Cons

No complaints! We have renewed our maintenance every year because we like the support and updates we get to keep an updated system at all times.

Kevin E.
Industry: Mining & Metals

7 Years of E2

Reviewed on 2015/04/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ease of use and layout of the system make working... as if you're not working! With quick-keys, you can zip from one screen and onto another to get more information on the subject you are inquiring about or make immediate edits. The E2 system can hold so much info on items stored within it that it is too bad that we do not take advantage of it.

Cons

There appeared to be glitches within the database, but after 7 years of investigation, I found that the issues were the cause of multiple users making changes to a particular subject (to the item itself, a job, an order, etc). I wish that the E2 system would have warning pop-ups, like ones you see on website forums ("there is a new post... do you wish to read it before submitting yours?"), which gives a user acknowledgement that information has been changed by another user prior to submitting any other changes.

Robert M.
Industry: Printing

E2 Shop System Review

Reviewed on 2016/10/31

The basic software works great for our needs even though most of our production is jobbing "once offs". When we have special requirements , Shoptech offers custom programming.
They will work with us to find a solution, and their service is done in a courteous and timely matter.

Pros

Experience: We are a small family owned business , and we did our research and E2 was the best company to offer shop control in conjunction with our ISO certification. We have been using E2 since 2010.

Cons

Reports do not allow for customization for our specific needs, it can be done but there is an additional cost. We found the scheduling system a challenge to make work.

Eric B.

E2 Review By K&E

Reviewed on 2016/08/16

E2 has been a great tool for us for the last 15 years. Its hard to think of the way we used to run our office. Productive, Simple, and Effective.

Pros

Time saver. All users see the same real time data. Adaptive with Crystal Reports. Able to communicate with QuickBooks and UPS software. Works great with our ISO requirements.

Cons

Scheduling is probably our biggest issue with E2, but I have yet to find a software company that can do any better. We are a contract manufacturer and our customer s are always changing dates and with multiple different types of orders it impacts our scheduling every day.

Mauro H.

An Excellent Value

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

E2 MFG has filled the needs of our business with room to grow as far as it's capabilities.

Pros

It's job shop/manufacturing focus for being so flexible to a variety of manufacturing workflows, their customer service & technical support team for being extremely helpful in solving problems and offering creative solutions to the unique challenges of every business(especially ours)

Cons

The MFG software could be further optimized, client side tab navigation can be cumbersome at times. The reporting is using crystal reports and could have benefited from a total departure to SQL Report Builder

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Dawn B.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

E2 Shop Systems is the BEST I have ever come across..........

Reviewed on 2015/11/05
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Shop Tech support has been very helpful at times when it was needed and we love how easy E2 is to learn and use. When I started my job 2 years ago I was offered to attend an off site overnight training but decided to learn the software myself and it was quite easy to do. I have actually taught other users things that they never knew how to do and they had been using it for 10+ years. E2 is the largest reason that our shop has become 100% efficient with on time delivery, and being in the aerospace manufacturing industry we all know how important that it! The HOT SPOTS tool & LOADING SUMMARY are used daily.................

Cons

We have a small ongoing hiccup with the machine capacity module vs. scheduling of jobs and have been unable to overcome this struggle with Shoptech support, although we have all tried on a few occasions to do so. As a team I believe that we will eventually figure it out. Other than that, there is not much negative that we can provide.

Darren S.
Industry: Mining & Metals

GC Custom Metal - E2 User Since 2010

Reviewed on 2015/03/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

As more modules become implemented, the system builds in a synergistic way and adds more value and organization to our operations. The system allows us a lot of control over our process and becomes a great tool that can be used to train new people to the business, completing their role correctly and consistently with existing employees. With E2, our sales team always has instant information and history on any past customer transactions and can reference old orders and data very quickly and easily.

Cons

We are limited to what the system can or cannot do; sometimes, we need to change and conform to work within it's capabilities. We are still struggling with challenges on scheduling employees vs work centers.

Chris G.
Industry: Oil & Energy

A great simple transition, would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed on 2018/05/18

It greatly streamlined our shop management system, allowing us greater visibility and transparency of the whole process from order review through production to final inspection and shipment.

Pros

- The General layout of the software and UI makes it very simple and intuitive.
- The ability to customize reports
- The expandability of the software, being able to add-on as you grow.
- Customer service is very responsive and always willing to help.

Cons

- No major cons really to speak of a few minor inconveniences
- No EDI capability currently, which is far from a major problem.

Paul B.

I have been using E-2 for approx. 15 + years

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

I have found E-2 to be the driving force to our success in this industry. the information needed to do a job is at our finger tips once you become familiar with the program and understand how it works. This is not a big learning curve.

Pros

The historical data is only a few clicks away if looking to see what jobs have been run in the past, along with its simplicity to navigate the program.

Cons

I do not like that fact that a lot of information is not live and the GL needs to be posted for the current month. The inventory system could use a lot of tweaks to be a little more simpler to get more accurate information.