Kitomba Salon and Spa Software

Making you more successful.

Danielle C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good for small business, but far too basic for big business.

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Our account person is super helpful and friendly, we get great deal of support, it's just unfortunate that some of the functionality is lacking.

Pros

I like that the salons have so much great reporting available to them, unfortunately most sites aren't using this to its full potential and there is no way to look at some of these reports from Head Office or at a national level.

Cons

Kitomba lacks a lot of functionality that a big, multi-site business requires, and is not set up to deliver standard retail functions in terms of promotions. For example Buy 2 get 1 Free promotions. Leaving offers to be manual entered, and actioned leaves the business open to errors and misuse.

There is key gaps in the reporting available, and anything comparable requires running two reports and manually working out the variance which is something I would consider basic. Imagine if you could produce a report on points earned on a specific brand, during a specified time period... and charge the vendor for those points... you could create some clever promotions if the reporting and keying allowed.

Had I been part of the decision process I would not have chosen Kitomba. It's basic, and geared largely towards single, or smaller businesses. The lure of having a points/rewards system is off set by the inability to easy look at the data at a nationwide level.

There isn't even the ability to bulk up load quantities for sites across the group, for instance in a GWP promotion where I know and created the quantities per site, I have to leave it to the sites to enter the quantity (which they never do).

Mark B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Kitomba Reviee

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

We have had ups and downs over the years. At one point we did consider changing to another company. But we have had some help with some issues that needed staff prepared go the extra mile rep has been really helpful. Rep has bent over backwards to help us and he has More than made sure we are looked after.

Pros

The developments over the years. We purchased the product when it was being launched For our spa. We branched into a different area and over time, Kitomba has enveloped this business. The current technical/forensic techs are much more helpful and make things more user friendly than used to be the case.

Cons

For several years, we asked for a concessions section. This was developed, but most of the work still had to have a largely manual input. Things like an expiry after 22 months have only recently been added as a feature. Prior to this, we had to keep a log independent of the programme and expire them by hand. Although very few do expire, it was a lot of work to do it manually.

Junia K.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

We have a much better reminder and re-booking system as well as detailed statistics etc -...

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

auto reminders, texting clients as no one listens to voicemail any more, many features such as reports which are comprehensive and allow me to track my business and how it is going, financial records, so many things.

Pros

I like that it does so much and makes everyone do everything correctly as well. It picks up mistakes, and also allows us some freedom regarding reminders and also rostering staff is easy - there are great charting features and I am sure there are things Kitomba can do that I don't even know!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that it will not stop a staff member from making a sale without committing it properly, you can commit a sale but not put in the method of payment which overrides the actual sale and doesn't record it, which makes it complicated if staff have forgotton to go back and complete a sale. Settlement is then a nightmare !

Response from Kitomba

Hi Junia,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It¿s really nice to hear how you use Kitomba and how it helps you. We can assist with your issue of sales being committed without payment, so someone from our support team will be in touch to help make this area work better for you.
Kind regards,
Anna

Kristina Q.

Great system with awesome support

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

They are always available to help, and nithing is a problem.

Pros

Ease of use, customer support is fantastic.

Cons

Is more pricey than other systems, and costs for texts is high

Alanna R.

Loyal Customer 5+ years

Reviewed on 2018/11/25

For years I was so happy, however I am at the stage of looking else where if this online booking system error doesn’t get resolved.

Pros

I like how easy and user friendly it was for staff and clients booking online and the reports. Also love K1.

Cons

Online booking is fabulous when it’s working. For the past 7+ weeks so many clients have had issues and not been able to make there appointments and Kitomba recognised there was an issue said it was fixed but it’s definitely not. Still getting clients complaining it’s not working. Very disappointed 4 weeks till Christmas and this is happening for the price you pay.

Carolyn S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

We have had excellent service from all of your staff.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

A comprehensive daily working booking system. Good reporting and stock control. Also some good extra features associated with hairdressing and beauty

Pros

It provides a diverse range of information useful to me as Administrator. It is user friendly and has been designed well in my opinion. The reporting is good and our staff seem to be handling it well.

Cons

Not necessarily Kitomba's fault but the L'Oreal Matrix sector of our inventory which is also the largest, has a number of anomalies whereby product is duplicated under slightly different names and sectors. Also inconsistency's. Spaces, capitals and descriptions need to be identical.

Louise A.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Changed our business for the best

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

The targets are a great incentive for our staff to focus on and have definitely influenced sales.

Pros

The online booking, now I don't spend hours making appointments.
The automatic texting to confirm the next days appointments.
The reporting for stock levels, ordering, business numbers

Cons

Can not think of anything that i did not like.

Georgina W.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

record keeping & reports make it easy to see what is happening on a daily basis.

Pros

It is easy to use & all staff members can use it easily. The straightforward layout makes the viewing screen easy to see & book appointments simply.

Cons

The overall cost of the text messages makes it a costly experience if you want to message lots of clients.

Sharon T.

Overall very good.

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Easy to use. I like being able to sign into k1 from home. Good for staff to be able to check in. Love clients being able to confirm appointments.

Cons

Wish k1 had more options, I'd like to be able to access more reports from home. Also be able to do marketing.

Treena A.

Expensive but lots of functions

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Easy to use and has a lot of functions. The help desk is usually very helpful and return call quickly

Cons

The cost compared to other providers. Three year contracts to get better deals cost of text messages and email should be almost free

Emily D.

Kitomba

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Pros

It’s super easy, convenient and quick to use and my staff have found it great to learn with

Cons

There isn’t much I don’t like, it’s been the best for my business

Laurie C.
  • Industry: Fine Art

It's okay

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I like kitomba - it makes sense, it just seems out dated. We were using timely before and made the change due to certain kitomba features - however didn't realise how many timely features we were going to miss. I have much more feedback than what is above so if anyone is interested I'm happy to be contacted.

At this stage I'll definitely be looking at moving back to timely when our contact is up as they're constantly innovating

Pros

being able to split services over multiple staff through the online booking
pin for logging in/out
restricted access for certain staff
being able to see which login made an appointment/change (although super annoying that kitomba one is shown as 'online appointment' rather than the staff members name)
Targets visible from kitomba 1 (annoying that staff seem to be able to see each others targets, and would be great to be able to set an hourly target for staff who frequently change hour or an alternating one for those who alternate hours over a fortnight or month)
tiered pricing/timing

Cons

It being installed on the desktop means there are so many chances for issues - we had an issue with our power supply and ended up with kitomba being corrupted multiple times (while this is a user issue it is very annoying that it's able to happen at all - a cloud based option like timely wouldn't do it)

The online booking only has the ability to set 'packages' not specifically titled sections - having multiple drop down menus would be better - eg Colour and Cut, Colour and Blowdry, Promotions

It would be great if it could at least try to add all services in a package to be with the same staff member when they choose (anyone) from the online booking so that it's not spread over multiple people when one person could have done all of the services

It would be great if the cautions/alerts were visible earlier in the booking process, as you currently don't see it - or aren't able to read it easily until the appointment has already been created (in a situation where you have a note such as - 'DON'T BOOK THIS PERSON IN' it would be great to see straight away

The reports are really clunky to use and don't have clear names that explain what they do - why is there not an easy to use report for retail sold on kitomba one? Kitomba one could do with better reports in general - maybe gather feedback as to what people think is missing?

K1 should have the ability to bring up pricing for services and put sales through
In general seeing pricing should be easier than setting up a quote

Leigh J.

Fantastic Customer support

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Pros

I can always call Kitomba support to help guide me thru whatever it is I’m trying to do or searching for.
The customer marketing tools are very good

Cons

Kitomba does not have the ability to create re-occurring bookings

Linda A.

This is the only software that I have used so I cannot compare it to others.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

Easy to make appointments, get daily reports and get information on sales for each stylist and keep records for stock

Cons

That it turns off every Sunday and we do not open on Mondays so I have to come to the salon to turn it back on so we can see that clients have confirmed their appointments or cancelled them for 9am start on Tuesdays.

Response from Kitomba

Hi Linda
Thanks for your review. It¿s great that you find Kitomba easy to use! We can help you to set up your Kitomba to automatically restart so you can easily see your client appointments on a Monday. One of our team will be in touch to help you with this.
Kind regards,
Anna

Sharon G.

Love kitomba

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

I love the online booking, the easy rebooking system.
Accounting of the totals for individual staff and number of clients, it makes tracking everything we do easy.

Pros

Very easy to use and my staff all love and find it very easy to use would not use anything else.

Cons

Nothing I can’t fault it, I love how easy it is and always help just a phone call away.

Heather D.

what a difference a year makes.....

Reviewed on 2015/01/07

People often say what a difference a day makes. In my case I say what a difference a year makes.
Our salon has now been using Kitomba for one year. In that time we have been able to achieve a much better handle on our stock, our productivity and most of all our clients needs.

Kitomba support - We had to introduce the system in the first week of December due to issues with previous software suppliers. I know, OMG I thought in the busiest time of the year. However it was made so easy with the support we got on site initially and then on line. Everyone at Kitomba respects your issue, deals with it promptly and most of all, completely satisfying my needs. I also love the 1/2 hour webinar to aid the learning process.

Stock and clients - the system has given us such a good look at our stock e.g. what been sitting on shelve too long and clients e.g. when last purchased product that we have been able to react quickly to issues. Feedback from clients love the on line appointment, the text for their birthdays and the Kitomba $$ loyalty programme.

The team - It has been great to set up the commission system for each employee, the ability to work out their wages in one easy action is fantastic. We also use the reporting system on K1 i.e. benchmarking to show each team member how they are going.

If there is a con to the system it is that while everything is there to use from day one I have found it best to introduce the great systems in a balanced way. This aids the team and also makes sure the learning is there before the next training. I prioritised what I was having the most issues with then went to it

Overall I highly recommend this product

Jenny C.

Have been with Kitomba for many years, good to know it just keeps ticking along..

Lower DNA rate than many

Pros

Local assistance if required.
Ease of use, ability to set up in multiple locations. Not sure what else I'm supposed to say I've been using it for 10+ years!

Cons

Cost of text reminders is too high. K1 looks too odd to use to any great detail.
Would like to investigate further use of email/letters from info in files.

Renee P.

Love it!

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

overall we love the software.

Pros

We love how easy it is to use and the marketing opportunities within the software.

Cons

It can occasionally glitch when trying to save a patients notes or not save when in kitomba one.

Poppy L.

overall is ok, easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

Customer service is always helpful when we need to call them! Easy to put colour notes in, and easy to book in appointments and rebooking of clients.

Cons

sometimes cant' open the software have to call for help.
sometime client didn't get confirmation message.
I use to use simple salon price point compare kitomba is expensive.

Marjorie S.

Kitomba review

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

We love kitomba. Its ease of access means less downtime for therapists. Great reports which can be easily adapted to personal salon needs.

Pros

Its easy accessibility in being able to check when appointments are made when not in the office.

Cons

The cost comparison with other systems is a bit higher.

Jasmine D.

We have had kitomba for 5 years. It is easy to use, has all the reports you need and great...

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

Its very easy for everyone to use and creates useful reporting. The appointment confirmation is very helpful. It is cost effective

Cons

I would like to send a text message confirmation that let's the client know that they are seeing both stylist and colourist

Tina F.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Review for Kitomba

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Great

Pros

It is easy to use and I like the help line you can ring during the day

Cons

That not all reports ar available yet in Kitomba one

Tamsen A.

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

Easier and straight forward cash reconciliation. Being able to get targets for stylist. Tracking product coming in and going out.

Pros

How it looks. Its so easy to follow and find things and it's so customizable.

Cons

Not being able to see who was in your column when clients are moved to another day rather than cancelling which you can see.

Christine L.

DO NOT RECOMMEND - OVERPRICED

Reviewed on 2021/02/27

Horrible. I can't wait for the contract to be over so I won't be ripped off.

Pros

Okay to use. Standard software, not much to comment. I have more cons on this software.

Cons

Way too over priced, they definitely lock you in a long term contract that you aren't able to exit. A lot of hidden fees - be careful with the automated text messaging. Definitely not worth the value of money. During covid closure period they offer NO support at all - pricing remains the same throughout. I would not recommend this software to anyone. There's definitely much cheaper and affordable options out there.
I chose this kitomba software as I had taken over an existing clinic that already uses it, now knowing what it is really like, I definitely regret not changing it in the beginning.

Mahira H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Unprofessional company

Reviewed on 2021/01/27

The worse company I ever dealt with there’s no communication, no support and just concerned of get my signature on their contract to lock me to their trap which what they did with me unfortunately.

Pros

Nothing at all.the system unprofessional and charge too much.

Cons

Same as above still not recommended I hope all customers be aware of those thief’s