Kitomba Reviews

Kitomba

Salon and Spa Software. Making you more successful.

4.6/5 (31 reviews)
Junia K.

We have a much better reminder and re-booking system as well as detailed statistics etc - fabulous

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

auto reminders, texting clients as no one listens to voicemail any more, many features such as reports which are comprehensive and allow me to track my business and how it is going, financial records, so many things.

Pros

I like that it does so much and makes everyone do everything correctly as well. It picks up mistakes, and also allows us some freedom regarding reminders and also rostering staff is easy - there are great charting features and I am sure there are things Kitomba can do that I don't even know!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that it will not stop a staff member from making a sale without committing it properly, you can commit a sale but not put in the method of payment which overrides the actual sale and doesn't record it, which makes it complicated if staff have forgotton to go back and complete a sale. Settlement is then a nightmare !

Response from Kitomba

Hi Junia,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It¿s really nice to hear how you use Kitomba and how it helps you. We can assist with your issue of sales being committed without payment, so someone from our support team will be in touch to help make this area work better for you.
Kind regards,
Anna

Dorien V.

Great business tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/26

I’ve found it a great tool to use, it’s easy to use and constantly being improved and updated. Thanks Kitomba I will miss seeing my business summaries now that I am no longer a client of yours.

Pros

Access to business information quickly and efficiently for bookings, targets and KPIs wherever you are at anytime. Great support staff and continual improvements being made to stream line the experience for the user. Easy to use and data is easy to read and understand.

Cons

Fairly Expensive for a small business, charges for txts and emails is not really worth the price considering most businesses Using this software will be messaging many clients regarding appointments. This means some businesses would be less likely to use the marketing tools available in the software as the messaging charges would Defeat the purpose of using the marketing tools and resources available to use in the software.

Stephanie L.

Some of the reports are a little confusing and sometimes lack specific targeting.

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Easy, comprehensive, great support. Always updating and keeping up with things. The staff are friendly and very helpful.

Cons

Not sure if it adds product back if you delete or credit. I do find the everyday marketing a little hard to get sometimes and it is hard to target specifics (maybe I don't know how to use it) I often don't have time to to watch videos about the utilization of the system. Maybe if a planned rep visit to go over the finer things would be good. Now that we are with Mailchimp it would be good to maybe have the accepts promo box ticked as default and that way when mailchimp deletes it we know for sure it's not just an oversite. My docket printouts are also confusing because of where the separation line is. I would like to be able to also print out the clients treatment note history.

Alanna R.

Loyal Customer 5+ years

Reviewed on 2018/11/25

For years I was so happy, however I am at the stage of looking else where if this online booking system error doesn’t get resolved.

Pros

I like how easy and user friendly it was for staff and clients booking online and the reports. Also love K1.

Cons

Online booking is fabulous when it’s working. For the past 7+ weeks so many clients have had issues and not been able to make there appointments and Kitomba recognised there was an issue said it was fixed but it’s definitely not. Still getting clients complaining it’s not working. Very disappointed 4 weeks till Christmas and this is happening for the price you pay.

1.0/10
Kyle W.

Getting Better Every Time

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

I can see what is booked in from where ever i am. No need to chase people regarding there appointment and client history. Ease of salon functions.

Pros

I like that it can be set up to automatically do the work for you, when you know how to set this up. I feel its user friendly and easy to use and tech to use.

Cons

Thats you cannot make a reoccurring appointment for clients that come weekly. we have to copy and paste the appointment. I don't like the online booking payment, that its done through PayPal. i feel having to transfer from PayPal to my account is just more work for me. so i have chosen not to have this option.

Linda A.

This is the only software that I have used so I cannot compare it to others.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

Easy to make appointments, get daily reports and get information on sales for each stylist and keep records for stock

Cons

That it turns off every Sunday and we do not open on Mondays so I have to come to the salon to turn it back on so we can see that clients have confirmed their appointments or cancelled them for 9am start on Tuesdays.

Response from Kitomba

Hi Linda
Thanks for your review. It¿s great that you find Kitomba easy to use! We can help you to set up your Kitomba to automatically restart so you can easily see your client appointments on a Monday. One of our team will be in touch to help you with this.
Kind regards,
Anna

Kate M.

Easy to learn and pick up....

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Easy to use, can view when not at work, easy to work out features with create online support and just a phone call. Love team view so you can hope in and do what would take us hours. Nice peope to deal with on the end of the phone...understand that we have no idea.

Pros

The customer service and pricing...have used a few and this is by far the best in both avenues. The online booking feature is a favourite with our clients and is easy use for them.

Cons

Some appointment features could work better with rebooking. We book clients ahead and rescheduling appointments can be a little long winded to do.

Annie G.

We love Kitomba and all the Customer Service support has been amazing!

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

From a manual (book and pen) system too Kitomba it has increased our service time, as kitomba you can automate text msgs, reminders, cautions and pos.

Pros

Easier to navigate and teach
The text msg service
Campaign marketing messages
Clear fonts, tabs and headings
Cloud based storage and security

Cons

The cost!
For a small business its very hard to justify spending (my approx. bill) on a booking system when there are so many other cheap options on the market that provide similar services.

6.0/10
Carolyn S.

We have had excellent service from all of your staff.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

A comprehensive daily working booking system. Good reporting and stock control. Also some good extra features associated with hairdressing and beauty

Pros

It provides a diverse range of information useful to me as Administrator. It is user friendly and has been designed well in my opinion. The reporting is good and our staff seem to be handling it well.

Cons

Not necessarily Kitomba's fault but the L'Oreal Matrix sector of our inventory which is also the largest, has a number of anomalies whereby product is duplicated under slightly different names and sectors. Also inconsistency's. Spaces, capitals and descriptions need to be identical.

Heather D.

what a difference a year makes.....

Reviewed on 2015/01/07

People often say what a difference a day makes. In my case I say what a difference a year makes.
Our salon has now been using Kitomba for one year. In that time we have been able to achieve a much better handle on our stock, our productivity and most of all our clients needs.

Kitomba support - We had to introduce the system in the first week of December due to issues with previous software suppliers. I know, OMG I thought in the busiest time of the year. However it was made so easy with the support we got on site initially and then on line. Everyone at Kitomba respects your issue, deals with it promptly and most of all, completely satisfying my needs. I also love the 1/2 hour webinar to aid the learning process.

Stock and clients - the system has given us such a good look at our stock e.g. what been sitting on shelve too long and clients e.g. when last purchased product that we have been able to react quickly to issues. Feedback from clients love the on line appointment, the text for their birthdays and the Kitomba $$ loyalty programme.

The team - It has been great to set up the commission system for each employee, the ability to work out their wages in one easy action is fantastic. We also use the reporting system on K1 i.e. benchmarking to show each team member how they are going.

If there is a con to the system it is that while everything is there to use from day one I have found it best to introduce the great systems in a balanced way. This aids the team and also makes sure the learning is there before the next training. I prioritised what I was having the most issues with then went to it

Overall I highly recommend this product

Veronica H.

Easy Kitomba

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

The best costumer service i have ever come across. Everything is made easy, everything is explained and sorted within a few minutes.

Pros

The best part about Kitomba is that its so easy to use. It has more futures than you will use, but its great to know that you have it there encase you ever need it.

Cons

Probably the price. I wish some of the futures were optional, and you would be able to add them as you need.

Evin A.

The customer service has always been fantastic, always happy to guide me through any issues

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

I like the benchmark settings, the reports and the accessibility on my phone to change or update appointments

Cons

I have had a few difficulties with the phone application, like wanting to book an appointment but not send a text confirmation which it automatically will, and sometimes moving appointments or changing their time does not always function smoothly

Jenny C.

Have been with Kitomba for many years, good to know it just keeps ticking along..

Lower DNA rate than many

Pros

Local assistance if required.
Ease of use, ability to set up in multiple locations. Not sure what else I'm supposed to say I've been using it for 10+ years!

Cons

Cost of text reminders is too high. K1 looks too odd to use to any great detail.
Would like to investigate further use of email/letters from info in files.

7.0/10
Poppy L.

overall is ok, easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

Customer service is always helpful when we need to call them! Easy to put colour notes in, and easy to book in appointments and rebooking of clients.

Cons

sometimes cant' open the software have to call for help.
sometime client didn't get confirmation message.
I use to use simple salon price point compare kitomba is expensive.

Georgina W.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

record keeping & reports make it easy to see what is happening on a daily basis.

Pros

It is easy to use & all staff members can use it easily. The straightforward layout makes the viewing screen easy to see & book appointments simply.

Cons

The overall cost of the text messages makes it a costly experience if you want to message lots of clients.

7.0/10
Marjorie S.

Kitomba review

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

We love kitomba. Its ease of access means less downtime for therapists. Great reports which can be easily adapted to personal salon needs.

Pros

Its easy accessibility in being able to check when appointments are made when not in the office.

Cons

The cost comparison with other systems is a bit higher.

Sue B.

considering the time difference Kitomba support is good

smooth running of salon

Pros

Easy to use for all staff members , reports cover most information required. easy access and staff can user

Cons

Company based overseas and sometimes need help during uk day time . most cases can wait for help but sometimes help is needed immediately

Sharon T.

Overall very good.

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Easy to use. I like being able to sign into k1 from home. Good for staff to be able to check in. Love clients being able to confirm appointments.

Cons

Wish k1 had more options, I'd like to be able to access more reports from home. Also be able to do marketing.

Jasmine D.

We have had kitomba for 5 years. It is easy to use, has all the reports you need and great support.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

Its very easy for everyone to use and creates useful reporting. The appointment confirmation is very helpful. It is cost effective

Cons

I would like to send a text message confirmation that let's the client know that they are seeing both stylist and colourist

Kirsten F.

Absolutely love how easy kitomba is to use. And the staff are always helpful.

Reviewed on 2018/05/24

Pros

Love the text messaging reminders, love the support, love how easy it is to use. Love that they are always bribing out new features.

Cons

Sometimes the price of the monthly fees can be a bit much, but other then that I can't complain about kitomba!!

Sara C.

I have been using Kitomba for over 6 years in our business and absolutely love it

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

The software is very easy to use and if anything does go wrong the customer support is amazing and they will get you sorted very quickly

Cons

If I had to say one con it would be not being able to use concession cards with an exception once they expire.

Isabell P.

Best salon softwear I’ve used

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Love the weekly business summaries has everything I need to see at a glance wot each girl is achieving

Pros

The integration of appointments, reports , use of kitomba 1 on mobile SMS ability

Cons

The cost per month is quite expensive but it never fails to deliver

Treena A.

Expensive but lots of functions

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Pros

Easy to use and has a lot of functions. The help desk is usually very helpful and return call quickly

Cons

The cost compared to other providers. Three year contracts to get better deals cost of text messages and email should be almost free

Maria Z.

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Does not allow you to delete names etc when you have gone wrong.

Pros

data set up easy to see, date and calendar well set out

Cons

having to change each individual line instead of doing it in bulk

5.0/10
Emily D.

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Pros

It’s super easy, convenient and quick to use and my staff have found it great to learn with

Cons

There isn’t much I don’t like, it’s been the best for my business