Pittershawn P.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Alternative to MailChimp

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

Wonderful! Amazing app and great experience so far.

Pros

It is very easy to use and provides the basic bells and whistles needed to track any campaign.

Cons

I know it is not possible, but there needs to be a way to track reasons why a person would file a report. I've experienced people I've known well reporting me, rather than merely unsubscribing. One I called up and she said she did it by accident. Not even sure how that can be an accident, but ok. It would help to understand user behavior with clear reasons to get a better sense of what I might have done wrong with a user, so I can avoid certain pitfalls in the future.

Paul N.

Enthusiasm

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

The reports keep tabs on and flag up bounces and soft bounces - such facilities leave me free to draft the content.

Pros

This is mature mac software that grows over time. I have been using it for years and in the work place I have a handful of softwares that are the business. In addition to doing what is asked of it reports are chelated and exported effortlessly. A potentially drudge job becomes a pleasure with this, the right software.

Cons

I haven't found anything to complain about yet.

Bob R.
  • Industry: Design

A Great email marketing application

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Having used Direct Mail for many years I can attest to the effort put into keeping it fresh. The customer support is outstanding.

Pros

Well thought out and updated on a regular basis, you can tell that the developers of Direct Mail take pride in their product. It is a solid and stable application that I have relied on for years to do my email marketing campaigns for clients.

Cons

As with any application you always say, I wish it did x, but nothing significant enough to warrant inclusion here.

Daniele S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent application. Easy to use. Great value for money.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

The product never failed to work and is easy to use, easy to customize, excellent selection of editable templates.

Cons

I actually cannot think of any cons. It works perfectly and has never given me problems and the updates are excellent.

Jack A.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Very useful marketing tool

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Pros

Very easy to use design functions. Quick to prepare newsletters etc.

Cons

High cost of purchasing email credits restricts how much we can use this tool.

Ce ann ..

Looking for an Apple native app and does it better than Constant Contact or MailChimp? It's...

Reviewed on 2018/01/29

Pros

I have TOTAL control in all facets from creation to execution; publishing, campaign follow up, and the minutia details. All here

Sue M.

First time user

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Regular contacts with clients...small bitesize chunks mean they are not being overwhelmed with too much in one mail out.

Pros

Being able to set up multiple mail-outs that will now go out automatically. Like b being able to see the reports fort feedback on if what I'm sending out is of use to the recipients.

Cons

Not sure all of the functionality yet....but will get there...still only a first time user.

Bobby M.

Best email program ever!

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

Direct Mail allows me to stay in touch with my fans on a regular basis thus increasing my visibility and the amount of people that show up to my concerts.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is being updated to add more features at a regular pace.

Cons

The button function has been giving me some problems in formatting and I wish the program had more graphic and text functions. Like being able to use system fonts and being able to kern text.

Yon H.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Longtime Love Interest

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

My overall experience has been wonderful. This is a pro-level tool that every small, indie, business should make great use of. It is light on the wallet and there every time you need it.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is there just when I want it. There is no needling "missing you" emails, no fees for when I have a busy time and just can't get to it and no fuss on telling me how to make my emails better. It is an all around pleasure.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it has such a tight complaint algorithm. I, totally, understand why and the reasoning for this. I am aware the industry is traditionally squirley about spam reporting. Not saying any company has handled it better than this software. However, as a business who tries hard to deliver information with lots of paths for people to opt-out, it always amazes me when people simply forget they opted-in ;)

Gianni C.

A great all-around DM solution

Reviewed on 2017/12/13

Pros

Great Templates, Ease of use and customization, Very good analytics. Renders very well on all kinds of devices and there's plenty of additional testing functions. The automatic management of unsubscribers is also very handy. For someone with zero previous DM experience but wanting to send out a weekly newsletter this is fantastic value for money.

Cons

Can't think of anything specific even though I would like to group reports (i.e. comparing flights of the same campaign or issues of the same newsletter. Presently I export to Excel but it would be practical to have these inside.

Caryn C.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Best emailer software I've ever used

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Does what we want, when we want, and we know exactly what the client will see, which is essential in complicated multiple-option emails.

Pros

Easy to customize, easy to make the final look good AND easy to check every email to make sure imported exactly as you wanted.

Cons

No metrics server in Canada. (A legal requirement for our usage if we want to get stats.) Otherwise, we'd be using it every day to contact our students and prospective students.

Clint P.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Super cheap emailing service.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

Affordable enterprise level email management system.

Pros

I like that they offer the one time payment for their software in order to use it with your own email servers. It provides a super cheap option for enterprise level emails.

Cons

You get what you pay for. With their one time payment option you don't get much customer service and you'll need to maintain your own servers.

Bill L.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Easy to produce basic email content using good looking templates

Reviewed on 2020/07/13

No known complaints regarding compatibility with most email clients. No complaints.

Pros

Integration to Daylite. Mac-based. Templates look good and work well with mail clients.

Cons

Editing of template could be a bit more flexible. Difficult to understand layout schema. Eg. 3 columns, with three images. When adding content, can't add image. Only asa background. Need to cut an paste image to content area then can change.

Robin lee H.
  • Industry: Publishing

I recommend all the time

Reviewed on 2020/07/14

Pros

I love that I can work in Direct Mail without needing to be online. The option to pay per email is the best one for me so I'm thankful for it.

Cons

None I can think of. It took me awhile to learn to create my own template, but it wasn't very hard.

Jeni B.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Customer Service Just Stopped Communicating with Me 2 1/2 Months Ago!

Reviewed on 2021/01/23

It worked fine until there was an issue. They made an initial response and never followed up to my subsequent questions or requests. I have been sending them the same request for 2 1/2 months and zero response by email or the online chat.

Pros

My predecessor used it and it was easy to continue to use.

Cons

Customer Service when you have a problem.

Jeff B.

Wonderful software and a very fair price

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Pros

Integration and ease of use, great software for Mac

Cons

Would like to see better reports on if email is actually viewed or not....your support team said even though it says not viewed, many are viewed....so it seems like a low view rate?

Pieter B.

Excellent mailing solution

Reviewed on 2018/11/20

Sending out news letters and promotional material to customers and users is a cinch.

Pros

It is just so user-friendly and intuitive. The reports are great and you can see exactly what responses and view you are getting

Cons

The template editing could be a little more flexible.

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Amazing

Pros

It is very helpful. Without too much cost, it allows me to send emails. Have not faced any problems till date. Also allows you to view clicks.

Cons

Just the fact that it's not free but nothing worth having ever is.

Franco R.

Keeping associates informed quickly and easily

Reviewed on 2020/10/05

Easy to deploy, fast and reliable

Pros

Ease of use and reliability. Editing and reporting very satisfactory (but in very few cases, read messages do not appear as read)

Cons

It would be interesting to be able to integrate DirectMail within a web management system, to integrate all services (blog, calendar, database and communication) together

Pascal G.
  • Industry: Publishing

Sending mails from an external database was easier before

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Time

Pros

It is doing what I want. Connect to an external database, send mail via an externa provider. But things are not working so well. The thing is that data in database are evolving and, in the new version, I have to re-right the request to the database each time in different adress group coming from different database. Spam test is not working. Preferences ares sometime not kept, situation on the screen for exemple.

Cons

Again it does exactly what i want but less easier than previous version . Main point is database connection.

Response from e3 Software

Thanks for your review, Pascal. If you are having any trouble with importing, spam tests, or preferences, please contact our support team and they'll be happy to get things straightened out. Thanks!

Ole S.
  • Industry: Music

Great program for managing email lists for mac users

Reviewed on 2021/01/15

Pros

Easy to use and a very good and fast support

Cons

Nothing, for me it has been the perfekt e-maillist administration program

John S.

Great Software but AWFUL management and support after

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

One of the easiest and good looking mail sender on the Mac have used it for years. (not anymore though)

Cons

You have to pay them to send using your SMTP, which is fine, but as soon as you offend their very strict rules they disable the whole part of the sending process, meaning the softwares useless. Then thats where you find out the support is AWFUL, as it seems to me theres only 2 people that work there, they refuse to talk on phone, and despite promises when chased up, they don't answer emails. genuinely terrible.

Response from e3 Software

Thanks for your review, John. Sorry that you had a bad experience. We strive to provide excellent customer service (via email and live chat), and are grateful for the many five star customer service reviews we've received here and on other sites.

In order to maintain a high quality of service, we ask all of our customers to agree to an anti-spam policy that forbids the use of illegal or purchased email lists. If that policy is violated, we are happy to explain how to resolve the issue. However, we are not able to help customers who repeatedly harass and threaten our employees.

Stephen R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Nearly Perfect

Reviewed on 2019/08/03

I have maintained various mailing lists and mailings over the years and DirectMail has always been the perfect tool for me. Now that I am retired and I only use the app to organize my monthly dinner parties, it has scaled down nicely and is still the perfect tool.

Pros

Easy organization makes easy to maintain compliance with all laws and common decency.

Cons

It doesn't bend to my personal case use, but I could hardly expect it to.

Doug J.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Tracking Readership for a small business

Reviewed on 2019/08/21

As I learn all its features I like it more and more

Pros

Once I had figured it out, with some help from helpful 'Help' people at Directmail, it has been extremely useful to me in doing was email broadcasts to my client and subscriber base, something I could to do with my usual email software, [Mac]Mail.

Works very well on my Mac.

I sue the subscriber option which allowed me to install the software on my isp's server. cost effective and looks to my readers as coming directly form me.

Cons

The reporting could be improved(?) if we could be sure the receiver has actually 'opened' the email, or merely saw the summary on their device, especially the case for people who receive the email on there mobile device.

I haven't figured out how file management works on the system yet.

Craig P.

Excellent application. Fairly easy to use. Good interface design.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

Best means (by which users are honored in terms of their time for messaging) to communicate with various constituents.

Cons

Often have to retype names of messages as the app updates indiscriminately. Would love to be able to stop sending, then start again without starting at the beginning of the mailing list.