TravelBank

Leading all-in-one expense and travel management platform

4,4
4,6
Niara P.
Industry: Insurance

Quick but sometimes confusing

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

Its an easy way to get reimbursed. I know that once I submit a charge, it will seamlessly be taken care of on the back end

Cons

Sometimes the expense report vs individual charges gets confusing. I'll create a charge but cannot figure out how to put it in an expense report to submit it or how to submit it without using a whole report (I don't have many expenses so I am often only submitting one charge)

Response from Travelator

Thanks for the review Niara!

You can submit expenses directly from the main "Expenses" screen by tapping "Submit" in the top-right on mobile, or clicking the 3-dot menu in the top-right on desktop; this will directly generate a report named "General Expenses" and submit it to your manager, and works great if you just have a few expenses each month.

To assign expenses to a report, all you have to do is create a new report first from the "Reports" section of the menu. You can then create expenses directly from the new report you've just created. Also, each time you create a new expense from the main "Expenses" screen you can choose to assign it to any open Report.

Hope that helps and let us know any time you have further questions or feedback!

Industry: Publishing

fast and easy

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Pros

no complicated entry numbers, easily available through the app.

Cons

all good, just need to have the log in handy

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

Fantastic!

Pros

Very easy to use and user friendly. The back end customer service is bar-none.

Cons

There is nothing that I have come across thus far that I do not like

Joan J.
Industry: Industrial Automation

Great. I love working with Connor Lawrence and the Travel Team.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

This APP allows the Finance Team to quickly audit the expense reports. Very user friendly. I also personally love the travel options. I went on a trip to MX for business and I have only positive things about the service. I forgot to say for improvements, please add a field so we can add the Gl Account number for future to assist with Accounting postings.

Pros

The ease of use of the APP and desktop version, the friendly staff, and the 24 hour concierge service.

Cons

We would like some additional features which has been shared with Connor for future upgrades. We would prefer the customer and description fields to be mandatory. We also need a Job Task field so we can easily use for job accounting postings. Also the Admin cannot see if an EE's expense report is still unsubmitted or if he is still in his Supervisor's box for approval. I always have to ask Conner Lawrence to investigate. Would prefer a canned report that would let the Admin know this information.

Awesome travel budgeting and rewards!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/02/14

Pros

It's awesome to have an application where you can budget travel expenses and then get rewarded for saving! Very cool concept and the user experience is done very well!

Cons

It could be cool to have more types of rewards to use the points on. There is a good selection today but looking forward to more in the future.

Christopher H.
Industry: Computer Games

TravelBank

Reviewed on 2019/04/30

When I travel I use TravelBank, it just makes things so much easier. Before I started using this I googled or Binged searches to find locations, prices, etc for the area I was in. This makes it super easy for your traveling needs.

Pros

Features, ease of use, and a simple interface to avoid confusion. This app is very well done, I like the layout and the features, as its great when I have to travel. I am able to instantly find any flights, hotels/motels, etc within a short time.

Cons

Its easy to use when you get used to it, so it will take some time before you really get comfortable with all the features.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ankush K.
Industry: Internet

Really easy to use T&E software

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Pros

One stop solution for booking reservations and expenses easily.

Cons

There was no way to override approval from manager for last minute travel reservations.

Donald M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Love this app

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Pros

Its very easy to use, keeps us organized.

Cons

I have to stay committed to taking pictures of receipts

Industry: Restaurants

TravelBank made it easy to track my expenses for a business trip to NYC

Reviewed on 2018/04/25

Pros

TravelBank made it super easy to track and submit my travel expenses. There's functionality to generate a final expense report, TravelBank's interface makes it a breeze to categorize expenses, and finding flights was ridiculously easy.

Cons

TravelBank takes a lot of memory on your phone and uses a lot of data when you are not on a wifi network. If you are on wifi when adding expenses to your report, there's a good chance the application will close part way through adding the expense.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Financial Services

TravelBank is really fun and easy to use!

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Knowing what my budget is for a business trip, and having all my expenses in one place easy to refer back to.

Pros

TravelBank is super easy to use and I like knowing what my budget is for business trips. Great way to keep your employees informed on budgets and make it easy for them to book business trips.

Cons

Nothing! I thought booking my flight through the system was easy to do. I can't wait to continue using more of the systems features.

Thor W.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Easy

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Easier to accommodate than searching travel aggregate sites.

Pros

Simplicity across the board. Auto-populate everything. Awesome.

Cons

I was hesitant at first, but everything worked as advertised.

Response from Travelator

We're glad you found it easy and simple- that's the goal of our design team, so they'll be happy to hear that! Keep enjoying and let us know if you ever run into any problems; we're always here to help.
Thanks for the review!

Todd B.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Working Well

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Overall, I am pleased. Just takes time to implement any kind of change in an organization.

Pros

Ease of not having to keep up with all of the tiny receipts.

Cons

Does not always function properly or runs slow. Could be more descriptive in instructions.

Melodi E.

Great

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

Easy to use and clear. I like the idea of reward program and being able to check your funds for travels

Cons

Repeat on clicking rewards it would return to original setting . Overall not many problems. I did not like the vouchers being non exclusive to taxes.

Iswarya M.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good travel agency

Reviewed on 2019/02/11

Pros

Ease of access. I could easily browse through the page without much difficulty

Cons

Not much to complain. May be can add more stops

Response from Travelator

Thanks for the kind words! If you could please elaborate on what you mean by "add more stops," we'd be happy to take that into consideration!

Christina V.

I love using travel bank for business travel. It's an easy and incentivizing way to keep expenses.

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Pros

The ease of use. I love the user experience and the fact that it opens right up to the camera, so you can easily take a picture of a receipt.

Cons

I wish I could get the money back that I saved rather than just in incentives :) That would incentivize me even more!

Rob A.
Industry: E-Learning

Super Easy to Use! Great Rewards!

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Awesome!

Pros

It's the fastest, easiest way I've ever booked travel for my company. Getting reimbursed was also a breeze

Cons

Not really any that I can think. I think it sucks that if you want to book on Southwest, you can't really change it the same way

Response from Travelator

Hey Rob, "less than 2 minutes" is one of our mantras, so glad that's working out for you!

Quick note that you can always make changes by contacting our agents, or using your airline confirmation number directly on the Southwest website. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any help with this!

Chris M.
Industry: Information Services

Easy to use expense software

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

Pros

Ease of submitted expense report. Very quick and easy to use

Cons

None so far. Was easy to see how to create report

Maggie C.
Industry: Computer Software

It’s alright

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

I was told 2 different things by their support rep
Issues with refunding correctly
No email confirmation or follow up
Had to check several times with support team before receiving correct information

Pros

Options for finding a place to stay and being able to book my flight at the same time

Cons

The software is fine and easy to use the support team is confused and not aligned

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Bailey H.
Industry: Political Organization

Happy with TravelBank

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

I find it easy to use and customizable.

Pros

I like the user interface, I think it's easy to navigate. The automated email updates are helpful and the customer service is great.

Cons

Sometimes it takes longer or is confusing for me to upload a photo of a screenshot vs. just taking a photo of a receipt.

Yvette G.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

User-friendly and convenient

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Its very convenient and easy to use

Pros

I like that I don't have to keep my receipts during a long business trip. I can snap photos of them and they automatically save and are filed into the business trip expenses.

Cons

i haven't come across anything yet. everything is simple and convenient

Pete W.
Industry: Automotive

Easy and functional

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Been great! I use it on every trip.

Pros

It’s quick and easy, not too many bells and whistles, packaged expense reports are great.

Cons

I wish you could hold different expense reports at the same time.

Steve P.
Industry: Computer Software

Why TravelBank sucks

Reviewed on 2019/02/22

Pros

The chat feature is okay. Representatives will respond fairly quickly.

Cons

When booking my flight to Bahrain, the following happened:
1. They only booked 4 of the 6 legs I requested, leaving my final destination as Kuwait City rather than Bahrain
2. They didn't add my frequent flyer number to the reservation as I had requested
3. My preferred airlines disappeared from the list the day I went to make my reservation. After waiting several hours, one of the airlines returned literally minutes before I was heading out of the office on a vacation.
4. My selected itinerary was originally in budget, but after entering my details and clicking the confirm button, the price magically jumped $200 and required my manager to approve.
5. Seat selection was not available on all legs, and the ones I selected were ignored when the system made my reservation.

Response from Travelator

Steve, we¿re so sorry about this difficult experience, as it¿s certainly not up to our standards. Your Customer Success Manager will work with you directly on making this up to you, and also rest assured that everything we¿ve learned from this situation will go towards improving the future experience for you and all of our other users. Please don¿t hesitate to reach out any time for any further feedback or questions!

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Edward R.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Pretty great so far, still learning the tool

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Good visibility & useful for all planning needs

Pros

Modern search for air travel was impressive, similar for rental car too.
Expenses are always a pain, nothing will ever stop that from being true.

Cons

Minor details like being able to ctrl + V a screenshot into the receipt window (like Jira does it) would make it a 5-star tool

Kajol B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great software, difficult to figure out

Reviewed on 2020/04/17

Great!

Pros

I like the ability to book travel within and do expenses at the same time, very convenient.

Cons

Very hard to submit an expense, it needs to be first sent then added to a report then another step, slower than other softwares I have used.

Andy H.
Industry: Financial Services

Travel Bank Review from Small Time user

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

It has been very easy to understand and implement.

Pros

Very simple to use and easy to integrate.

Cons

Nothing really noticed as con or a negative. I have a very simple business need and it takes care of it.