Crisp

All-in-one multi-channel solution for customer messaging

4,5
Katherine K.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Amazing Customer Service and a Great Chat App

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Crisp chat has totally replaced our other chat program for my startup at a very fair price. Their set up was a breeze, according to our Marketer, and I personally think their customer support is excellent. You have the ability to add gifs and customize the chat to whatever degree you want. It has really been good for us!

Pros

They are very fair about pricing and their customer support is amazing. I had an issue with a duplicate account being created, and their support not only walked me through the problem and helped me solve it, but they also were super nice and friendly and made the whole experience lovely. Plus, their docs are amazing and very helpful!

Cons

The only problem I had was an accidental duplicate site being created. When I signed up it sent me to what seemed like the correct site, but was actually a copy of ours. This was fixed very quickly though!

Response from Crisp

Thank you very much for that nice feedback !

Daniel S.
Industry: Computer Software

Good solid website chat app

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

We have 3 different websites that all use Crisp, and it allows us to very quickly switch between the sites and continue multiple chats at the same time among sites.

We operate during regular business hours and so do not respond to chats outside of those hours. It would be great if we couldn't control a little more what the chat icon did (or if it even appeared) when outside those hours, but we currently use the bot to let people know we are unavailable and to leave us a message.

With the smartphone apps, we can reply to chats even when we are away from our desks.

We also have a robust helpdesk, which is part of the Unlimited plan.

Pros

Simple but very powerful.
It is quite customizable, and there are a ton of plug-ins. One of the most useful is the auto-translate feature, which allows both sides to type in a different language, and it automatically translates for you.
The Visitor map shows us information on where our clients our, to help direct them to the correct site, and the magic browse can let us see how they interact with the site if there is an issue.
The built in helpdesk is great.
The bot, while still a little bit buggy for more complicated things, is immensely helpful.

Cons

We found it more difficult than we thought it should have been to have an auto message saying we are closed. It would be nice to have the option to disable chat and/or redirect them to the helpdesk when outside of business hours.
I had initially created a large bot that would try to answer the 5 most common questions we got by funneling the customer through certain questions, but then found there was no way to have it repeat the sequence. To get around this, I ended up creating 2 identical sub routines off of the first main one which checked for the time and day to determine if we were closed. This is where is became buggy, because sometimes it would work, and sometimes it wouldn't respond.
I ended up just dumping all of that and setting a generic "we're closed, leave us your info" message and it has been fine.

The only other complaint is that sometimes the phone app doesn't alert you right away to a message. I've gotten notifications 8 hours late in some cases, though this is rare.

Simon H.
Industry: E-Learning

Really great product

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

I am using Crisp for all customer support and queries via website chat and incoming emails. I am also using the Helpdesk for my knowledge base. I have been using Zendesk for quite a while and have also tried Intercom but for my purpose Crisp definitely is the best by far. Those others have their place but for myself, as a small company Crisp is really outstanding in what it does. It is also less than half the cost.

The automated bot is fairly easy to configure and a more advanced automated bot with workflow is also available.

I am on the most expensive "unlimited" plan and find it very good value for money.

Pros

Very easy to use and friendly user interface. Much more intuitive to configure compared to others.

Cons

It would be nice if the offline app could "remember" the helpdesk articles when offline so they can be quoted in message replies that are composed offline.

I am regularly away from data connection and so I receive new messages while connected then often have to compose my reply while away from connection... to be able to quote helpdesk and message shortcuts while offline would be nice.

Jennifer G.
Industry: Entertainment

CRISP IS UNETHICAL

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

Horrid. Do not go with Crisp. The Crisp chat member had the audacity to tell me I was in error about the plans and charges. Not true. Their system was controlling the SELECTION of plans! (Then they were prepared with the loophole of only allowing one payment in refund.) A person would presume Crisp would want to keep their clients; but no. Crisp only is interested in the short-term gain of a few hundred dollars, and not in treating customers with honor and respect. The greed for immediate money-grabbing is their policy. Not long-term business relationships.

Pros

Crisp offers an excellent product with nice customization.

Cons

The problem with Crisp is they will not admit to their system over-riding my choice of plans. I started on the Free Trial with Ultimate because I wanted to experiment with all the features to see what plan I wanted once my new website was launched. After the trial, I placed my account on Basic--and Crisp warned me of all the features I would loose by switching to Basic. Since my website was not finished, I went ahead and placed my account on Basic while continuing to prepare my website for launch. Meanwhile, Crisp had, without my knowing, switched by plan back to Ultimate. Closely perusing my bank account, I discovered $266.61 was already removed without my knowing. Immediately, I changed my plan to Basic. The Crisp system was defective, however, and switched it back to Ultimate, charging me yet another $95.00! Contacting the chat team, I was told I would receive an e-mail telling me about whether Crisp would issue me a refund. Receiving the e-mail, I was only instructed how to change my plan to Basic. Attempting to do so yet again, the system did not allow a change of plans. It remained on Ultimate. Checking a week later, Crisp finally had my account on Basic. Contacting Crisp chat, I requested Crisp refund the total $361.61 they had removed from my back account. When my website is completed, I'll switch to a paid plan. Crisp, however, will not admit there was an error in their system; and has refused to refund the full amount. Only $95.00. They have lost a client.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Computer Software

I actually loved using Crisp, same for our clients

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

It was always a good time, and their customer support is very good (also they use Crisp)

Pros

The ability to develop our own Chat Bot.

Cons

There is nothing yet to complain about crisp, maybe sometimes is hard to organize the tickets.

Response from Crisp

Hey there! Thank you so much for this awesome feedback. Always a pleasure to help you :)

Viktor N.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great live chat system, even better help docs

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Overall Crisp is an excellent platform, especially for what they charge. Their pricing is one of the things that attracted me to their platform, in addition to all the features. It makes communication easier, especially since it integrates several channels into one platform. Allows us to reply quickly, in many cases, instantly. They just need to fix never-ending conversations, and I'll be 100% happy.

Pros

Crisp is an excellent live chat and communication tool for support and sales. It's easy to use, has a mobile app that I use to reply to queries, and it also integrates other platforms like Twitter DMs, Telegraph, Line. We use Twitter DMs often as prospects and clients tend to DM us sometimes. In addition to chat itself, I really do like their help docs solution (knowledge base). It's very easy to manage, has very nice and clean design, and offers really good JS SDK for integrating with your website/apps. It's nice to be able to display articles in modal on our website.

Cons

My biggest issue with Crisp are never ending conversations. There's no way to have separate conversations with the same customer, old conversations get dragged into new conversations. It really needs a way to keep conversations separate, similar to other platforms like Intercom. For example, it sends out chat transcript after an hour of inactivity in chat. Problem is, that transcript might use subject line from an older conversation and/or include older conversation in the transcript. When I chat with Crisp's support and experience platform as a customer, those things are a bit annoying. Not a deal-breaker, but it definitely needs to be fixed.

Response from Crisp

Thank you for this nice review :) We will try to improve the feature you are talking about !

Timothy T.

Love this product! More features than other LiveChat products

Reviewed on 2020/02/29

I've used this on 5+ sites and recommended it to many clients. The free tier will do most of what you need, but some of the upgrade options are really worth the price. Great product!

Pros

- Great feature set, even on the free tier
- Excellent mobile app
- Integration with your favorite tools
- Advanced features like liveview for seeing your customers moving through your site live.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to customize the message shown to users without having to upgrade to the paid tier. Besides that, the product is perfect.

Response from Crisp

Thank you so much for your feedback :)

Timothy T.
Industry: Computer Software

As good as any other livechat product + it lets you see what your users see!

Reviewed on 2019/04/01

I'm a big fan of this product. I spent a few days reviewing the 20+ livechat options out on the market, and after all that time I settled on Crisp. Save your time and start with this. If you need the larger feature set and marketing abilities of something like Intercom, just upgrade later. Afterall, removing crisp and adding intercom is as simple as removing a code snippet and adding a new one.

Pros

- Great interface
- Painless installation (simply add a code snippet to your site's header)
- Offers a freemium tier which will cover most of your needs
- Lots of design options for the livechat box
- Includes a 'liveview' feature where you can see exactly what your users do (great for helping them with any issues they may have)
- The team that builds it has always been helpful when I had questions

Cons

I don't have any negatives to say about this product. It is a cheaper alternative to the big boys like Intercom, and you can launch it on your site for free. When your user numbers or team size grows, then you can upgrade to a higher tier. Save your money and choose this over the others. The extra liveview feature alone is worth it.

Response from Crisp

Thank you for your review!

Alex M.
Industry: Computer Software

Must have tool to communicate with site's visitors in real time

Reviewed on 2018/11/28

Pros

Overall experience, users map, plugins that work with other tools (e.g. Slack), great sync between web app, desktop app and mobile one; team features; possible integration to inner CRM/authorization system, full-functional search, detailed users profile

Cons

NPS type triggers are less flexible that I'd like to get; some settings are very tricky, but it's more than ok comparing to the value we get from the tool usage.

Amit A.
Industry: Wholesale

Chat Is Very Friendly!

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

At the beginning of my webstie I wanted to have a chat bot that could correspond with clients when I was not available, as soon as I saw CRISP I knew it was it, the friendly interface, the great YouTube tutorial videos, visitors liked to post and put their personal email I could get back to later, This tool definitely helped me increase my sales.

Pros

The possibility that every visitor who enters the store can see the chat at my command with a pre-made message you planned for each new visitor, this is great work for new leads!
Correspondence time can be saved by a bot with ready-made messages that will never disappoint me!

Cons

Once the FREE TRIAL is over you can say that the chat is no longer relevant for the site, lots of useful features go down and you can see a big difference in the drop of messeges.

Brad K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Tried them all, Crisp is the winner by far! Here's why...

Reviewed on 2016/10/15

I've used live support applications for years and during that time, I've tested all the major platforms and some most people have never heard of. In general, I'm opposed to the idea of SAAS. I prefer to buy a script that runs on my own server. It's not just because of monthly fees, it's mainly because I like to have total control over the application and be able to hack the code to make it work exactly how I want. Since Crisp is a SAAS product, I was biased against it, but since it was free, I decided to try it anyway. Within a month, I ended up buying a monthly subscription to their Pro plan. There are so many reasons why Crisp is superior to every other solution I've tested. It runs on all my devices, which is hugely important to me. Also, due to its extensive API, I can effectively hack the code and make it do whatever I want. Another important feature is that Crisp is like Intercom in that it seamlessly transitions between live chat and email. So if a customer leaves your site, you can continue the conversation with him via email, without having to do anything different. When you send messages, they're automatically emailed to the customer and his replies show up in your Crisp conversation. Unified messaging is a huge deal and Crisp is planning to add more channels such as SMS, etc... There's a lot more I could say about various features, but overall, I just love the elegance of Crisp. Unlike conventional live support apps, which display your chats in separate windows that are closed when the session ends, Crisp makes no distinction between open and closed conversations. Everything is in one Window, like how the Apple iMessage UI works. When a customer sends you a message, his conversation moves to the top of the list. This allows you to move through the list quickly and efficiently, responding to each conversation without having to open/close windows or tabs. It's like text messaging. Conversations are fluid and ongoing and don't interrupt your workflow. It's hard to overstate how much more efficient this is. You really need to try it yourself to fully understand the benefit of this workflow.

Pros

* Seamless transition between live chat and email
* Beautiful UI design
* Highly efficient workflow
* Extensive API
* Apps available on all platforms

Cons

I wish the MacOS desktop app was a real native app, rather than a wrapper around the web UI.

Response from Crisp

We really hope to have a native OS X version as well :)

Martin A.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Fraud for the user

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

We started our service August of 2018. We wanted to integrate with our Shopify store. They promised us that the integration would be done within 1 month and that we should upgrade to the pro plan for that integration and the new version which they called V3 - VERY long story short - they continued lying to us for 1.3 years! They said the upgrade would come in Dec, then Jan, then March, then end of summer, then month by month week by week. when we asked to see the beta - they told us they would not be doing the shopify integration (THE ENTIRE REASON WE STUCK WITH THEM). This is fraud and we are currently taking them to court regarding this. I dont want to come off bitter - however I highly suggest going with another company that is more reputable. Then they gave me attitude , smiley faces when we were upset about the lying. But our attorney stated we have basis to take them to court because of this , apparently they have been doing this to many users. Class action suit - I dunno, I would think that they would care more about fraud... but I am sure in the end they will.

Pros

The software was extremely glitchy - both on the phone as well as the desktop. The "magic browse" literally never works - although they use it as a very large upsel. The support was terrible and they defrauded us as will for an entire year.

Cons

Notifications do not go away, you have to redownload all the time, extremely glitchy poor service and is not user friendly. If you are looking for a chat software - I highly suggest going with someone more stable such as intercom , Gorgias, or another one with excellent reviews.

Response from Crisp

Hey there,
I can understand how frustrated you can be regarding the absence of your desired feature. It's not a reason to degrade our image. Our software works really properly and all the other reviews are here to prove it.
The support has never defrauded you, we delayed the released of your feature that may come someday. We never forced you to stay with our product (that you've been using for more than a year).
Sorry that you feel disappointed.
Regards,
Crisp team

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Internet

Closing the gaps between customer and business

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Crisp is a program I've used personally in my own ventures. It makes customer communication super easy, which is ultimately what a business is about- customer experience. I like being able to keep track of communications and customer interactions all in one place. Strongly recommend.

Pros

I like how simple it is to communicate with the very people you are selling to or providing for. Great for businesses of many sizes. Cheap enough for a small business and a free plan for even the smallest of business.

Cons

Overall better tracking of interactions and history. Logs have an expiration date, which could prove damaging down the line.

Response from Crisp

Thank you so much for your review!

Industry: Graphic Design

Perfect for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

It is a great software, I have been using it everyday and love it! The UI is amazing.

Pros

I love how simple the UI is, anyone can use it. It is very simple to understand the way it works, inplementing it and configuring.

Cons

Back in the day they had a feature which allowed you to search for exact words in the chat, nowadays the filters can be confusing.

Industry: Internet

Good live-chat solution for every website.

Reviewed on 2018/09/20

Crisp eases customer communication, increase responsiveness and helps with pro-active support when needed.

Pros

Easy to set up, fast and convenient. The interface is good and there is a Free plan, convenient for any smaller projects. The project is alive and constantly developing. The settings for business hours and custom translations of the widget are nice.

Cons

Message history of the free plan is 30 days, after that, you can't access any of the messages. It's better to limit the number of users instead of the message history. Sometimes the chat widget doesn't load or the mobile apps crash.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Zouhair M.
Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Really enjoy to have a chatbox with my face on it! Should have been there for a long time!

Reviewed on 2016/10/08

Took me 5 minutes to set up Crisp on Cedrus.ma.

The dashboard that lets you talk with your prospects is one of the simplest I have ever used. I was using Zopim in the early days but Crisp is way more intuitive. I had a few discussions with their CEO last week about an issue they had with their iOS app.

The team fixed it very quickly and now everything seems to perfectly work. In a nutshell, I recommend Crisp if you are looking for something simple.

Pros

Affordable price, great customization and simple integration to our existing website

Cons

Need more infos on the customers but i think it will come on next updates

Response from Crisp

Thank you Zouhair.

Regarding your needs to access more information on your customers, you are perfectly right and it is coming in the next release :)

Feel free to reach me at [email protected] to get a preview access.

Matt M.

Fantastic Intercom Alternative...But not the easiest to use

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/12/03

Overall, the onboarding was simple, the pricing was great and the feature set is unmatched at this price point.

Pros

I love that they have jam packed it with all the features you'd pay much more money from at Intercom. It's what got me interested in the first place. Also, there in-chat games are hilarious and super fun.

Cons

I did not enjoy the interface at all. It was hard for me to use. Also, the pricing plans were unclear (even though they are very affordable)

Response from Crisp

Hey Matt!
Thank you for your review. It's unhabitual to give a review after a trial (which is 14 days only).
I'll send you an email to better understand what went wrong.
Regards,
Antoine

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Perfect Chat Tool For Entrepreneurs

Reviewed on 2020/08/03

Pros

It has free plan and you can check from which country you are getting visitors which is live.

Cons

After a certain time, previous messages get erased.

Response from Crisp

Hey!

Thank you for the nice review.

Please note that answers are not erased (and will never be), they're simply blurred and will be available when you upgrade to any of our paid plan.

Using the free plan, you have 30 days of chat history.

Cheers!

Honestly one of the best tools someone can use.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Easy integration.
Easy dashboard. Good customer service, really nice visualization of the features provided in the paid package.

Cons

I honestly dont have anything negative. Maybe a storage selection so that you can choose in which region your data goes to would be helpful.

Response from Crisp

Hello and thank you for your review.

About hosting locations, we choosed hosting hosting countries known for their privacy policies (Germany and Netherlands).

For the rest, Crisp is having dedicated data points for customers in the US, and Asia.

Joris R.
Industry: Education Management

Crisp is on Eduvoices and we love them

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

We needed something simple when we started Eduvoices a few months ago. Crisp fits with our needs and we never thought about switching to another service. The user experience is fantastic. Your product helped us get a lot of valuable feedback from teachers so thanks guys.

Pros

The desktop application is perfect for our use.

Cons

I know that it is not on your roadmap but I would love to have an helpdesk integrated.

Response from Crisp

Thanks Joris. We really appreciate your feedback. We fixed the issue we had with our iOS application last week. You should redownload it. Everything is working now.

Ross T.
Industry: Design

Company should not refuse refunds with zero terms or conditions online.

Reviewed on 2017/09/04

After the experience with the refund issue because we require a bot qualifying component to successful chat conversion for our business type, we received an invoice, messaged support for canceling the account as the only method was to click into micro copy in the design to change your package type (not clear) and they refused the refund. stating:

As I mentioned before, we don't refund after the trial, every customer receives an email about the trial, we can't refund to every person who did not know how to cancel the trial.

With no terms on their site regarding this https://crisp.chat/en/terms/ or anywhere, it is just a precaution to beware of a startup that has not yet learnt the value of retaining clients which clearly stated we would like to re evaluate drift once they release their bot, but until then we would not use.

Pros

The tool is aesthetically easy to use, and their product offering for cost is very affordable in comparison to other providers within the industry.

Cons

Lack of seamless integrations that limited more non dev/technical members of from setting up crisp.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Colin B.

Easy, quick, powerful

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

I like Crisp because you can manage different conversation with a lot of operators.
Notes, message editing, live assist, very customizable, quite cheap

Cons

The feature allowing you to see your interlocutor's screen is not that efficient, but useful
I miss integration with freshdesk

Response from Crisp

Hello and that you for your review!

Don't hesitate to to contact us about your issues with MagicBrowse so we can fix it

Ed B.
Industry: E-Learning

amazing software and excellent value for money. Simply the best IM tool for support & conversion.

Reviewed on 2016/10/15

We have been using Crisp for one year now. We compared and tried most of the popular IM tools and decided to give a try to Crisp. We can say now that it works amazingly and we're wondering why it is not the most popular software. Probably a question of time until it becomes so.

Pros

It is super easy to setup and there is a great free plan.

Cons

nothing, it's above our expectations

Response from Crisp

Thanks a lot Ed! We are releasing a Crisp 2.0 in a few weeks. We will keep you updated! It is gonna rock! :D

Industry: Computer Software

Beautiful chat interface and innovative approach

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Pros

Folks at Crisp are innovative for sure. If I am not wrong they were the first one who came out with peek feature wherein you can find out - in real time - what your users are typing. Since then I have seen them innovating a lot and their competitors simply copy them.

Cons

Nothing really. The best chat solution. Period.

Olivier L.
Industry: Internet

Xen Orchestra is using Crisp and we love it!

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

I was one of the first Crisp users. I really love the work they did and the progress they made for the last two years. The product is working well, we only had a few issues at a time that they quickly fixed in the following week.

PROS: Easy-to-use.

CONS: I really need an easier way to trigger the chatbox for some specific user behaviors.
RECOMMENDATIONS TO OTHER BUYERS: I suggest you join their Facebook group to get updates about the product and advice from the founders.