Crisp

All-in-one multi-channel solution for customer messaging

Closing the gaps between customer and business

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Crisp is a program I've used personally in my own ventures. It makes customer communication super easy, which is ultimately what a business is about- customer experience. I like being able to keep track of communications and customer interactions all in one place. Strongly recommend.

Pros

I like how simple it is to communicate with the very people you are selling to or providing for. Great for businesses of many sizes. Cheap enough for a small business and a free plan for even the smallest of business.

Cons

Overall better tracking of interactions and history. Logs have an expiration date, which could prove damaging down the line.

Response from Crisp

Thank you so much for your review!

Brad

Tried them all, Crisp is the winner by far! Here's why...

Reviewed on 2016/10/15

I've used live support applications for years and during that time, I've tested all the major platforms and some most people have never heard of. In general, I'm opposed to the idea of SAAS. I prefer to buy a script that runs on my own server. It's not just because of monthly fees, it's mainly because I like to have total control over the application and be able to hack the code to make it work exactly how I want. Since Crisp is a SAAS product, I was biased against it, but since it was free, I decided to try it anyway. Within a month, I ended up buying a monthly subscription to their Pro plan. There are so many reasons why Crisp is superior to every other solution I've tested. It runs on all my devices, which is hugely important to me. Also, due to its extensive API, I can effectively hack the code and make it do whatever I want. Another important feature is that Crisp is like Intercom in that it seamlessly transitions between live chat and email. So if a customer leaves your site, you can continue the conversation with him via email, without having to do anything different. When you send messages, they're automatically emailed to the customer and his replies show up in your Crisp conversation. Unified messaging is a huge deal and Crisp is planning to add more channels such as SMS, etc... There's a lot more I could say about various features, but overall, I just love the elegance of Crisp. Unlike conventional live support apps, which display your chats in separate windows that are closed when the session ends, Crisp makes no distinction between open and closed conversations. Everything is in one Window, like how the Apple iMessage UI works. When a customer sends you a message, his conversation moves to the top of the list. This allows you to move through the list quickly and efficiently, responding to each conversation without having to open/close windows or tabs. It's like text messaging. Conversations are fluid and ongoing and don't interrupt your workflow. It's hard to overstate how much more efficient this is. You really need to try it yourself to fully understand the benefit of this workflow.

Pros

* Seamless transition between live chat and email
* Beautiful UI design
* Highly efficient workflow
* Extensive API
* Apps available on all platforms

Cons

I wish the MacOS desktop app was a real native app, rather than a wrapper around the web UI.

Response from Crisp

We really hope to have a native OS X version as well :)

Martin

False information - poor support

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

They sold our company on this chat service by promising a HUGE release by end of 2018 - this was a promise given to us in the past in JUNE 2018. I had to reach out and contact them recently and now its pushed back into APRIL - and who knows how much longer after that. DO NOT trust this company - we started this relationship based off that information - and the know that. I would not recommend.

Pros

Its a nice system - but the company as a whole is flawed in many ways - not reliable.

Cons

Not good with training - the agents are and can be rude / and for our website we got ready for their "big release" which never came as promised and delayed another 5 months - without notifying us or refunding us. This was their main selling point - and they didn't deliver.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Perfect for small businesses

Reviewed on 2019/05/27

It is a great software, I have been using it everyday and love it! The UI is amazing.

Pros

I love how simple the UI is, anyone can use it. It is very simple to understand the way it works, inplementing it and configuring.

Cons

Back in the day they had a feature which allowed you to search for exact words in the chat, nowadays the filters can be confusing.

Userlike, Pure Chat and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Crisp

Price

Response from Crisp

Honestly one of the best tools someone can use.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Easy integration.
Easy dashboard. Good customer service, really nice visualization of the features provided in the paid package.

Cons

I honestly dont have anything negative. Maybe a storage selection so that you can choose in which region your data goes to would be helpful.

Response from Crisp

Hello and thank you for your review.

About hosting locations, we choosed hosting hosting countries known for their privacy policies (Germany and Netherlands).

For the rest, Crisp is having dedicated data points for customers in the US, and Asia.

I actually loved using Crisp, same for our clients

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

It was always a good time, and their customer support is very good (also they use Crisp)

Pros

The ability to develop our own Chat Bot.

Cons

There is nothing yet to complain about crisp, maybe sometimes is hard to organize the tickets.

Response from Crisp

Hey there! Thank you so much for this awesome feedback. Always a pleasure to help you :)

Tatianna
Tatianna

There are other, better, company chat options.

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

I personally prefer Drift over most other chats. We used them before, but they got a bit pricey for us. We switched to using Crisp and Intercom, and let me just say, you get what you pay for. Intercome works way better than Crisp and has more functionality, but it's also more expensive than Crisp, so there's that.

All in all, it works for the bare minimum of what we absolutely need it for which is real-time chat. Other than that, not impressed.

Pros

Crisp is one of the least expensive options, which is mostly the reason we use it now. It does well as an onsite quick chat for customers to ask questions then hop off.

Cons

This software is not the easiest to use. It's pretty simple overall, but the UI and explanations of what options it provides need some work. Triggers are not very intuitive or robust enough for more advanced chat strategy. Also, their reporting options are not good at all. It does not offer the ability to track much of anything except messages sent by each rep.

Beautiful chat interface and innovative approach

Reviewed on 2019/01/21

Pros

Folks at Crisp are innovative for sure. If I am not wrong they were the first one who came out with peek feature wherein you can find out - in real time - what your users are typing. Since then I have seen them innovating a lot and their competitors simply copy them.

Cons

Nothing really. The best chat solution. Period.

Most bang for your buck - Replaced 3 other tools for us

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Pros

Crisp replaced 3 other tools for us. Intercom, Freshdesk, and Upscope. For an easy low price, Crisp gave us the segmentation and automation tools from Intercom, as well as the customer chat from Intercom, the help center from Freshdesk, and the ability to view a users screen from Upscope... All in a single solution for a tiny fraction of the cost. And it seems like it's a quality product. Also, the Bot for chat is 100% customizable. I prefer it much over Intercom's bot and Drift's bot. This is the best option out there, especially for the money.

Cons

Nothing so far. When we were shopping a year or so ago, it seemed like the product was still in its infancy. But now, it feels fully baked.

Response from Crisp

Thank you for the review!

User friendly

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

The UI is good. It makes it easy to add notes and search for histric conversations with clients. The mobile app makes it easier for me when I am travelling.

Cons

The load time is a little more than it should be. I get a notification on my mobile app, but to see it on the system, it takes time to load.

The notifications for mobile also work vice versa, Due to which sometimes I miss on chats.

Zouhair
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Really enjoy to have a chatbox with my face on it! Should have been there for a long time!

Reviewed on 2016/10/08

Took me 5 minutes to set up Crisp on Cedrus.ma.

The dashboard that lets you talk with your...

Took me 5 minutes to set up Crisp on Cedrus.ma.

The dashboard that lets you talk with your prospects is one of the simplest I have ever used. I was using Zopim in the early days but Crisp is way more intuitive. I had a few discussions with their CEO last week about an issue they had with their iOS app.

The team fixed it very quickly and now everything seems to perfectly work. In a nutshell, I recommend Crisp if you are looking for something simple.

Pros

Affordable price, great customization and simple integration to our existing website

Cons

Need more infos on the customers but i think it will come on next updates

Response from Crisp

Thank you Zouhair.

Regarding your needs to access more information on your customers, you are perfectly right and it is coming in the next release :)

Feel free to reach me at [email protected] to get a preview access.

ross
  • Industry: Design

Company should not refuse refunds with zero terms or conditions online.

Reviewed on 2017/09/04

After the experience with the refund issue because we require a bot qualifying component to successful chat conversion for our business type, we received an invoice, messaged support for canceling the account as the only method was to click into micro copy in the design to change your package type (not clear) and they refused the refund. stating:

As I mentioned before, we don't refund after the trial, every customer receives an email about the trial, we can't refund to every person who did not know how to cancel the trial.

With no terms on their site regarding this https://crisp.chat/en/terms/ or anywhere, it is just a precaution to beware of a startup that has not yet learnt the value of retaining clients which clearly stated we would like to re evaluate drift once they release their bot, but until then we would not use.

Pros

The tool is aesthetically easy to use, and their product offering for cost is very affordable in comparison to other providers within the industry.

Cons

Lack of seamless integrations that limited more non dev/technical members of from setting up crisp.

Berfin Tanya
  • Industry: Events Services

Using crisp is reaaly easy and helpful for live support

Reviewed on 2022/11/18

Pros

Desktop, app and email notifications are really good. User friendly app and website.

Cons

I have no bad comments about crisp app or website

Julien

Crisp is the best livechat plugin I found to talk with your customers

Reviewed on 2016/10/04

I am using Crisp on my personal blog (www.hackisition.com) and I can definitely tell how reliable the solution is. I benchmarked every existing live chat plugin and they are the bests on the market. They are easy-to-use and quick to implement. You should have a look and try it by yourself.

Pros

Reliable and easy-to-use.

Cons

I would love to have a better dashboard which would list every customer I have.

Response from Crisp

Thank you for the review.

Joris

Crisp is on Eduvoices and we love them

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

We needed something simple when we started Eduvoices a few months ago. Crisp fits with our needs and we never thought about switching to another service. The user experience is fantastic. Your product helped us get a lot of valuable feedback from teachers so thanks guys.

Pros

The desktop application is perfect for our use.

Cons

I know that it is not on your roadmap but I would love to have an helpdesk integrated.

Response from Crisp

Thanks Joris. We really appreciate your feedback. We fixed the issue we had with our iOS application last week. You should redownload it. Everything is working now.

Davis
Davis

Crisp is amazing

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I highly recommend Crisp.

I highly recommend Crisp.

Pros

Crisp is a fantastic tool for chatting with site visitors, but it also has so many more advanced capabilities if you need them.

Cons

Nothing, Crisp is great and the customer support team is very helpful.

Don
Don
  • Industry: Wireless

Tells you when someone is on your website and where they are

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Pros

The only function I use Crisp for is to get notifications when someone is visiting my website. This helps me prepare for communications ahead of time.

There are a ton of plugins that allow you to integrate other tools with Crisp.

Cons

Great for live chat but other apps provide a more robust communication toolset for the entire sales cycle.

Essential Customer Service Tool for Startups

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

Pros

This tool is well designed both aesthetically and functionally. It is also cheaper due to its pricing model than many of its competitors. Highly recommend

Cons

It is relatively newer but is constantly improving with more integration and features.

Response from Crisp

Thank you for the review!

Akhilesh
Akhilesh

One of the best chat bots out there

Reviewed on 2018/02/08

Pros

1) The free version has so many features and is almost complete in itself.
2) Wild cards feature allows you to remove the chatbot from any page .
3) The pricing plans are well structured and the features included are total value for money .

Jack

Easy to use and aesthetically pleasing

Reviewed on 2017/05/07

With Crisp, my company has the ability to sell our products to customers and communicate at a personal level.

Pros

-Ease Of Use
-Pretty chat box design
-Extremely powerful campaign and marketing features
-Triggers are very easy to use, but effective

Cons

I love crisp, but the ads to "Upgrade to Unlimited" are very annoying. I am subscribed to the Pro plan and when I accidentally click a feature that is only available to unlimited, the ads popup. I feel that these features should be hidden when you are not subscribed to them.

Barak

Nice product, but a frustrating Customer Support

Reviewed on 2023/01/04

Pros

Easy to manage tickets and immediately answer your clients.

Cons

Hard to set up automation - also, when trying to figure out, and support team answers just in screenshots, we asked for a 10 min call almost 5 times and been rejected,I understand it takes more time, and I also understand the need to give support in a low budget, but you have to maintain quality.

Great communication tool for small business

Reviewed on 2019/04/12

Great overall experience, highly recommend

Great overall experience, highly recommend

Pros

Crisp gives you a 14 day free trial with full capabilities and then the option to continue on a free tier. It is perfect for small business with ambitions to grow over time. Simple to setup, simple to use. Great product.

Cons

Language setting a little difficult to setup when website has multiple languages.

Nice live chat option

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

I have used Crisp to chat with clients and leads in e-commerce websites.

I have used Crisp to chat with clients and leads in e-commerce websites.

Pros

Crisp is one of the easiest live chat tools I've used. It has integrations with several popular CMS like WordPress.

Cons

The chat widget isn't very user friendly. Plus, it doesn't allow that must customization of the widget itself.

Volkan
Volkan

Great communication tool

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Pros

It has so many features with a low price. The free plan is very good for startups. They can use it without pay until they grow.

Cons

I think there is no negative on the service. Only one thing about pricing. I think some of the unlimited plan features can be on the pro plan. For example, user import functionality.

Jorge
Jorge

Easy to use live chat

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Pros

One of the best pros it has is the fact that it has phone apps. Makes clients think that in an office ready to answer their questions while I'm out anywhere

Cons

wish it had auto-replies to save some time replying repeated questions